Reading Health System Employee Reviews

Awesome
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 24, 2017
Just and overall joy to work for this company they are the best! never plan to leave! They work with you however they need to.
was a better place to work for
Dietary department (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 27, 2017
Had fun at work at times except for the favoritism.

A typical day at work -
delivered food, took care of patients, delivered food, make up food trays
Great place to develop every skill imaginable
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAJanuary 22, 2017
Very busy hospital.
Full patient load always and more sometimes.
Shared governance
Lack of continuity; reactive rather than preventative
Ability to utilize scope of practice to the fullest way imaginable
Imparting education to patients and families on diet, lifestyle modifications and medication that improves their quality of life and prevents readmissions.
Pros
nursing staff
benefits
an evening at work
Patient Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 17, 2017
I learned how to do insurance verification. also see if patient needed a referral for the studies. if needed and patient didn't provide it at time of visit. call their doctor's office to get a referral.
Pros
work alone
Cons
no one to ask when needed codes for billing
Productive and innovative workplace with great staff.
Digital Record Technician (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAJanuary 13, 2017
A typical work day consists of reconciling patient medical records, facilitating customer needs, and communicating with department managers, physicians and other ancillary staff. Working for Reading Health System has allowed me to learn how to work as a team effectively and efficiently. Furthermore, my co-workers make teamwork easy and enjoyable.
Great place to work, good management, fair salary
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJanuary 11, 2017
Reading Health System is a good place to work. Newly accredited Magnet hospital. Understanding management team. Very active in shared governance. Nurses have a good voice at Reading. Nurses are appreciated.
Pros
working conditions
Cons
too many weekends
clinical as a student nurse
Nurse's aide (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 5, 2017
Full day clinical with six other nursing students doing most of the nurses's job to one patient assigned. Friendly nurses that can help you, PACs are also helpful.
great job
Pharmacy Technician (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 30, 2016
I worked here two summers in between college years after my sophomore and junior years, so this is just a duplicate of my first review that I already wrote up.
It's a good environment and workplace
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Sixth avenue and spruce st west reading pa 19611December 20, 2016
A typical day at work get your cleaning supplies And your cart ready and also get your pager get ready for the first assignment. I have learned how to use the pager for the first time. And that if you need help people are willing to give a hand you just need to ask. The hardest part of the job is that you only have a certain amount of minutes to complete a room. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to be alone and completes my room without interruptions.
busy
Diagnostic tech (Former Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 13, 2016
This was my first full time xray job. you learn a lot about the field and get lots of expierence. I found there were to many bosses, team work was far and few between
Pros
expierience
Cons
busy
On scall between 1 to 10 I give them 9
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 4, 2016
A typical day at work is when nobody call off at this point I have enough staff to do the job. What I learn from there anytime I find myself in this situation is the way that I adjust schedule to get work done. The hardest part of the job is the way combine value with expectation to get motivation. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customer is happy whit the service that I provide that's make me feel great.
Diversified environment. Quick paced.
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PA 19611November 30, 2016
Ideal place for first time employees as you learn to work with a diversified group of people, professionals and non-professionals alike. Develops sense of time management and how to manage high volume patient/visitors requests and interruptions. Everyday is a learning experience due to unexpected situations at an inner city health center. The hardest part of the job was keeping calm when patients were agitated and unreasonably demanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you were able to help ease a patient's angst and would be able to go the extra mile to assist in their medical care as far as scheduling testing and other appointments and/or services.
Pros
The feeling of comradeship with coworkers.
Cons
The constant interruptions.
enjoy the unit and work with a great team
RN and unit facilitator (Current Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 27, 2016
I enjoy working at Hospital - the unit I am on the staff works really well together! It is a high-pressure unit that is very busy.
culture
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF PRACTICES NEUROSCIENCES (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 20, 2016
Very unusual work environment. People have been there for a long time and if you come into the organization it is very difficult to be an agent of change.
Pros
area
Cons
culture
nice place to work
insurance clerk (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 18, 2016
nice office great atmosphere. was a very fast paced office. the goals set there were sometimes impossible to meet quotas.
did not enjoy
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 26, 2016
Was not my favorite job was very mentally challenging and exhausting . 2nd shift consumed my life and we were always short staffed. i felt very over worked.
expand your career views
Room Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 13, 2016
Interested in the Nursing field as a CNA and wanted to get my foot and the door at the Reading health System to enhance my career options to become better.
great opportunities
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 28, 2016
I learned many things and was given opportunities to move up in position, provided classes to improve skills and benefits were good. Lack of team work between departments but good co-workers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
many employees very negative, not enough workers to do the job
All departments worked well with each other as a team.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAAugust 28, 2016
Reading Hospital went through a lot of changes in the past 3 to 4 years but we pulled together to make it go as smooth as possible. Training was done well. We worked as a team. There is always something new to learn.
Pros
Excellent benefits; hospital wide employee functions (holiday parties, etc)
Think twice
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAAugust 2, 2016
There is a very poor environment in the Physical, Occupational and Speech and Language Therapy Departments. Almost completely productivity driven and very stressful. Leadership team of the therapy department is very poor quality, heavy handed and confrontational.

Outpatient PT schedule is always kept busy and treatment slots are 30 mins for nearly all patients (45 for complex neuro patients only). If you have openings, they will be filled by shifting patients or you will be flexed off. All outpatient PTs chart after hours staying late or doing it at home. Inpatients is generally very busy due to chronic short staffing. If not, you will be flexed off and burn paid time off.

Promised benefits such as time off and continuing education benefits are difficult to obtain. Outside continuing education is usually denied unless a pet project of management.

I recommend against this employer for Physical Therapists. I know several still there and all are unhappy or just coping. Many have left, I can think of at least 11 others who have resigned in the past few years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reading Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Reading Health System Reviews by Location