Reading Health System

Reading Health System Employer Reviews

PCA loooking to broaden work experience
PCA (Current Employee), Reading, PAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great work environment and people
Cons: lack of sleep at times
I work night shift. I get to work twelve hour shifts with overtime. I am part of an expanding hospital system that will be adding a new building to an already large campus. I have learned proper PT care and how to deal with tough situations. I work in a great department ( emergency Department). I love working nights due to the staff. We have a great – more... working relationship. – less
Very family friendly company. The Nursing Dept. is the best.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Reading, PAJuly 28, 2014
I so enjoyed working with at Reading Health systems. This job gave me the opportunity to utilize my skills and also learn new skills. Everyone in the company plays a part in helping each other to succeed. My co workers were always willing to assist me when needed. Management get the highest regards from me. The hardest part of my job was losing patient. – more... Even though I am trained for this caring for a person involves empathy and I empathize with my patients and families.The most enjoyable part was doing what I do best. Taking care of my patients as if they were one of my family. – less
Strong clinically oriented hospital
Neonatologist (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAJuly 16, 2014
Open minded group of hospital leaders. Began my development into a true leader in Neonatology
Rewarding bedside experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Reading, PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: variety of patient populations/diseases
Cons: management, nursing shortage
The greatest part of my job is making a difference at the bedside for my patients.
Organization Knowledge
CAD / Engineering Clerk (Former Employee), West Reading, PAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: learn organizational skills and blueprints.
Cons: work in the same room for 3 months.
During my temporary job at Reading Hospital and Medical Center, I managed to learn a lot of new and old blueprints, some dating back in 1920's. I also enjoy working with CAD blueprints.
Dont do it.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Reading, PAJune 9, 2014
One big clique! Not sure what upper management does besides making huge paychecks.
LOTS OF OPPORTUNITIES!!!
Staff RN (Current Employee), Reading, PAJune 5, 2014
Awesome place to work. Traveling is my biggest challenge. Moving is not an option because I took a $1200 pay cut and simply can not afford it.
Clerk (Former Employee), West ReadingMay 28, 2014
Good place to work with nice benefits. Typical day was very busy. I learned to multitask. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help patients.
Great learning environment
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), West Reading, PAMay 11, 2014
Very diverse with broad opportunity to learn as a young employee. Much room to grow and advance
Very busy, and fun
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), West Reading, PAMay 5, 2014
Pros: busy
Cons: not everyone picking up there weight
i have fill customer order which can include makin lattes, frappuccino's and smoothies getting coffee or making sandwiches for customers.
It was an office that encouraged a good and friendly working environment
Oncology/Radiation Nurse (Former Employee), West Reading, PAApril 27, 2014
Pros: friendly department, weekends off.
Cons: feeling helpless knowing someone was not going to get well
As an LPN I did routine screening and rooming of patients. I assisted doctors with procedures and taught patients about the type of radiation they would be experiencing along with side effects and nutrition .
This job helped me listen closely to what was being said and to try to help the patient in any way I was able.
the best in berks county
Patient care technician (Former Employee), Reading, PAApril 24, 2014
friendly co workers great patients clean work enviorment always willing to help employees
The Reading Health System work enviroment.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), West Reading, PAApril 21, 2014
This Hospital is a very fast paced moving Hospital. If you love your job you will love working here. You get to be in many situations such as trauma, strokes and minor injuries. The only thing about this place is there is barely room for advancement. But you can have other opportunities to move to other departments.
it was a great place supervisors were wonderful people
Work in the kitchen as a cook (Former Employee), Reading, PAApril 11, 2014
my day consisted of preparing trays with specific orders on trays for the patients and took them to its specific parties
the ha
Business enviroment
Government Billing Account Representative (Current Employee), Reading, PAApril 6, 2014
Pros: great healthcare benefits, vacation
Cons: micromanagement, favoritism
Work is assigned in productivity form , great people to work however
inconsistent communication between management staff.
Accomplishing your goals and meeting quotas is enjoyable, great benefits overall a great place to work.
Great place for growth
Patient Care Assistant/Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Reading, PennsylvaniaApril 1, 2014
Pros: great team work, growth potential
Cons: short breaks, understaffed
The Reading Health System is a very good place to work. Although there is no perfect job, the Reading Health System does offer opportunity for growth. Overall the people that work there are wonderful people to work with.
The hardest part of working in the emergency department is trying to keep up with the fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part – more... of working there is knowing that most of your co-workers are going to try their best to help you get through the day. – less
Already reviewed this facility
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), West Reading, PAMarch 25, 2014
Refer to my previous review. Under staffed, minimal guidance.
Digital Record Technician I (Current Employee), West Reading, PAMarch 17, 2014
Love working here just looking to move on to better and more exciting job duties and skills.
Great institution to work for.
Receptionist/Registration Clerk (Former Employee), West Reading, PAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: room for advancement.
Cons: management
Great place to work. Co workers are great always ready to assist in any concern. The Cardiovascular Unit was a family. Everyone had a duty, not limited to help coworkers. Employee were very friendly with patients and relatives. Always going out the extra mille.
IT in Healthcare can be fun too.
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), West Reading, PAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, friendly environment, no long commute, attentive and understanding management
Cons: short-contract, unable to get a permanent position
Reading Health System provided my first job in the IT as a paid internship for the last semester of my term at Berks Technical Institute. If I had a chance to go back and work there, I would. The environment was friendly, there was no long commute, and the management knew what was going on at all times and were good at listening to and asking for input – more... from those under them. I gained a lot of practical experience from this job and learned a lot from the permanent employees that I worked with as well as from the other contractors. Overall, this was a very positive experience for me and I was sad when my contract ended with them and I had to leave. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Reading Health System

After 145 years of service, Reading Health System continues to provide the most comprehensive care to the people of this community.