Reading Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Energetic environment
Nutrition Service Worker (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAJune 19, 2016
I appreciate the jobs environment, the workplace protocol is second to none. The amount of professionalism one can learn from this place is beyond outstanding, but there is still room for improvement.
Pros
Big hospital many departments
Cons
Sometimes it could be solely based on who you know for you to move forward in the company.
Productive and energetic environment
Nutrition Service Worker (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAJune 19, 2016
Work guidelines and protocol is second to none. The amount of professionalism one can learn is outstanding, but there is still room for improvement. I learned many things there that I value now and that I will carry into my career.
Pros
Great benefits, a lot to learn
Cons
At times it depends on who you know to get ahead in the company.
Worst management and treatment of employees
Staff CT Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 9, 2016
If you can let things easily roll off your back and in one ear and out the other, then this could be a possible job opportunity. Please apply if you can just collect a paycheck and not want to work in a professional, supportive, and respectful environment. If you do get a job here, remember to bring lube with you everyday or you will get sore!
Pros
free employee parking
Cons
Health insurance coverage outside of the Reading area is not good, Management pretends to want to hear from their employees, but NOTHING ever changes when you bring a problem or even a solution to their attention, seniority means nothing except when picking vacation weeks
Horrible management
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAFebruary 2, 2016
Worked in the call center and it was awful -- we were treated like we had no voice & our "manager" was useless. My coworkers were great but management thinks only of themselves & the doctors and maybe the nurses and front staff .. I felt uncomfortable and every problem was our problem. Just don't work as a patient access rep!!! Pay wasn't worth it and who puts a call center on a 2nd floor in a building with no staircase to use and the only way to swipe was on the 1st floor God forbid you're 2 mins late the elevator takes like 5 mins and you get points ... Glad im no longer there :))
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management. No direction. Lack of communication
Overall a very good place to work.
Patient Care Assistant/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAMay 27, 2016
Reading Hospital taught me a lot of the years working there. It was an amazing place to start my career within the health system. My co-workers were amazing and taught me so much. I loved working directly with patients.
Review and analyze balance sheet and Income statement
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 6, 2016
The day a work varies: the first part of the month I'm working on the close and analyzing accounts. I also manage the MA modernization; Prepaid, Pension and Worker's compensation.
Pros
Good People
Very busy!
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 25, 2016
I worked over 20 years in an emergency room which treated over 300 to 400 people everyday! A very busy place, with lots of interesting challenges! Lots of experiences in over 20 years of service!
Pros
Syable work and further chance of more education.
Cons
At times very frustrating and difficult work, being very emotionally draining.
patient/ employee experience
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAMarch 14, 2016
I have worked here for almost 5 years. It seems you can not move very far in house and are always short staffed. Management on my floor is not great. Things don't get done and a lot of turn over.
Pros heavily outweigh the cons
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 13, 2016
I can list many more pros of working here than cons... The pay is very competitive for my education and experience. Every few years my job is compared to similar hospitals in the region, which is similar to Philadelphia hospitals. If you have proven yourself a competent and trustworthy employee, you are not micromanaged and left to do your job. I feel respected and I can voice my opinion without fear of losing my job or being written up. There are changes which some do not like such as flexing and having to work some hours outside your shift, but it is fair and everyone participates. I realize that many workplaces have started this practice. Management has changed over the years, which is good and bad. An example of the bad is a husband and wife who were hired as supervisors within the same department. I believe this is a major conflict of interest, especially when the husband was hired after the wife and the job description changed to accommodate him. That is really one of my only complaints of many years working there!
Pros
Great pay, feel like a valued employee
Cons
Husband and wife: supervisors within same dept.
A generally positive workplace that requires hard work and attention to detail
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 16, 2015
A typical day included cleaning hospital rooms and general areas of the hospital, including bathrooms, hallways, and nurses stations. I learned about successfully communicating with patients and nurses to ensure cleanliness.
Pros
Work moves at a decent pace
Cons
Exposure to patients' bodily fluids

Want to know more about Reading Health System?

Ask a question
Loved getting up for work.
Patient Care Assistant/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 7, 2016
Always seeing something new. Money could be better, but makes up for the experience, and the constant learning. Management is understanding and willing to work with you and teach.
A good experience as nutrition services
Took different form multiple staff members (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 5, 2015
we had to prep breakfast and lunch an dinner for patience we served about 500 to 600 patience a day three times a day. It had to be done in a timely matter you had to know how to get around the hospital. At lunch time we served doctors and patience in the lunch room for the doctors an the patience in the hospital. So it was more fast work at times but we always got it done. we also cleaned every tray, plate, an spoons, folks an bowls at all times food was served. You was trained to be sanitized at all times an were mask when entering a special room for very sick patience. My experience as a nutritionist.
Pros
free lunch and good benefits
Cons
no cons
Work/life balance was challenging
Program Director (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PASeptember 28, 2015
Opened a 5400 sq foot state of the art Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center in 2007. Priority was high level of improved outcomes for patients as well as patient satisfaction.Duties were same as Healogics
Pros
worked with a highly skilled professional staff
Cons
change in leadership
80 percent regular, 20 percent tough work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 3, 2016
Walk around campus and monitor activities. Occasionally restrain patients that are a danger to themselves or others.
Productive workplace with much to learn
Audiological Technician (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at work included printing the daily schedule of patients, "report" with nursing staff to see which newborns needed testing and any relevant issues I would need to know beforehand, screening newborns' hearing, submitting results according to state regulations, scheduling outpatient appointments when necessary, inventory. I learned how to use audiology equipment and to work in a noisy and busy environment. Management did a fine job, I have no complaints. It was a fair place to work. My coworkers were fair. The hardest part of my job was telling parents their child didn't pass the test. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with babies and making my own schedule.
Pros
Working on own schedule, great environment, fair Management
Cons
Not enough hours
productive volunteer work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PANovember 17, 2015
Volunteering at the hospital had allowed me to see first hand as well as participate in the fast efficient work pace along side doctors, specialist and many nurses.
caring department
Radiation Oncology Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 18, 2015
Department is dedicated and demonstrates support to the patient under going radiation therapy. Therapists focused on daily schedule to get the job done. Doctors patient focused and compassionate.
uncomfortable
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 3, 2015
Not a place for outsiders to work. They have there own scrub school in house and if you don't do it their way it's going to be a hard, uncomfortable place to work.
Productive learning experiences
Environmental Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 15, 2015
Typical work day included preparing the operating rooms for upcoming surgeries. Cleaning and disinfecting rooms after surgery. I learned about different procedures and what the different codes meant.
Horrible management
Staff Respiratory Therapist/Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PANovember 19, 2015
I had worked there for 20 years. Worked a lot of OT over the years. Once new management came in, then one by one, middle management was fired and new people brought in from everywhere across US . Raises stopped, flexing started and it was scary to be at work.

I was fired in a 2 month period by the new point system . Kept getting written up for subjective issues by my immediate supervisor, never allowed to speak to a doctor. I had gotten good evaluations for years.
It's like how did i work there for so long and then in 1 month cannot do my job. When they want you out, you are gone.
I even helped people get jobs in my depth and that is how they treat you.

I worked in respiratory therapy extra when I could and rest of time in sleep lab (every shift). I did whatever was needed to helped out and then to be tossed out like garbage was very hurtful.

Reading hospital was the Mecca when I started working there. I'm glad I am out of the madness.
Everyone is scared of losing their good paying jobs so no one speaks out.
Pros
Great for first 18 yrs
Cons
Horrible management, longer you work there, the more they try to get rid of you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reading Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Reading Health System Reviews by Location