Reading Health System

Reading Health System Employee Reviews

Busy yet productive and fun work environment
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Reading, PAMay 14, 2015
Pros: good benefits, paid time off, friendly staff
Cons: sometimes short breaks if excessively busy
I loved this job very much and enjoyed the people that I met as well as my coworkers while I was there. I enjoy helping people and I did that very much in this role. I helped patients with bathing, walking, daily rehab needs to get them progressing in the right direction. The hardest part about the job was seeing such sick patients every day. However, it was very rewarding to see them progressing!
Decent place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), West Reading, PAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Hard working co-workers
Cons: Management, not appreciative of those who work hard and too lenient on the lazy employees
Decent pay, nice people to work with, management has too much power over regulations that affect patient care and safety.
not very productive
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), west readingMay 1, 2015
Cons: not really interested in their employees
Was a great place to work in the beginning but when I had knee surgery, they eliminated my position and wanted me to stand for 8 hours on a new knee. Was not able to do that.
Decent
PCA (Current Employee), EmergencyApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great learning expierence
Cons: No ability to grow, Reading Hospital Nursing program should be extended to PCA's
A typical day at work is typically extremely busy.

I have learned so much from my coworkers. I quitely observe them and make mental annotations. I am grateful for all I have learned from them while on the job. I learn something new every time I go to work. The providers I work with are so good and really take the time to explain anything you need to know.

We are currently under new management.

Some of my coworkers are very genuine and provide quality patient care. But there are also too many jaded coworkers. Tired of the environment and miserable. Which reflects poorly on other employees. They tend to spread a negative vibe.

The hardest part of the job is taking care of mean patients. Also dealing with negative coworkers.

The most enjoyable part is Helping the patients that truly need Help and are thankful for it. The patients who understand that we are very busy and that we are not neglecting them.
Busy work environment
UNIT SECRETARY/PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Reading, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, rewarding
Cons: Long busy shifts, short breaks
Working as a Patient Care Assistant, one must be able to jump around from task to task and not become frazzled. It is a high paced work environment where you get pulled in all directions. The work can be rewarding though when you know you are helping patients recover and feel better about their hospital stay.
Very Rewarding I loved my job, Management kept changing
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), FloatApril 19, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed my job, I was here 19 years.
Cons: Management changed frequently
I would open satellite lab for patients and Register patients in Epic order lab test, perform veni-puncture, label blood, spin blood send to
hospital for testing. Collect random urine specimens for tests and 24 hour urines, glucolas. Address any problems that came up through out day. Order supplies for office and Lab. I worked by myself alot.
I enjoyed helping and the challenge of working there.
Management Heavy
Staff RN (Current Employee), Reading, PAApril 9, 2015
Cons: poor recognition
Having worked at Reading Hospital for 10 years I have found changes lately to be contrary to providing positive patient outcomes. Management has developed a top down philosophy while trying desperately to convince the staff that their input is important. Employees are treated as completely replaceable and not valued at all.
Productive work place with cultural festivtities.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Reading, PAApril 6, 2015
Pros: gift cards and fun lunches
I enjoy working at this place because of their diversity and busy environment. It can get hectice but everyone joins to help in it. Everyone is always walking by you saying hello with smile on their faces.
It was a great place to learn MVS and JES Commands. Very rewarding.
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee), Sixth and Spruce Street, Reading, Pa. 19610April 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: working third shift you usually do not get to meet people on a personal level.
The Reading Health System was a great place to work. The management was very attentive to our needs. I started the Day End Job Stream on third shift. I was responsible for the IBM Mainframe System. In addition, I monitored the Pharmacy and Lab System.
I IPL'd or booted all of these systems.
The hardest part of my job was having to give it up. The best part was that I was constantly challenged and learned something every week.
reading
Transporter (Former Employee), Reading, PAMarch 22, 2015
reading hospital is a very good place to work for . the benefits are wonderful. you get paid good. and you have opportunity to move in the hospital
forward-thinking
Specialty OB/Gyn Coder (Current Employee), Reading, PAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: holiday and special occasion meals, excellent benefit package
The health system is constantly and consistently improving the healthcare experience for patients and employees. Communication is key to this. The coding and compliance employees work together to accomplish our work accurately.
Aramark
Hospital Director (Former Employee), Reading, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: flexability
Cons: wages/benafits
Directed several opporation.

Greatly improved production and fiscal responsability.

Opportunities for advancement were great.
Great environment
RN Vascular Access Team (Current Employee), West Reading, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Great co-workers
Great teamwork
Work PRN
Many opportunities within network
Many different cultures
Offer great education
Not a happy place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Reading,PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: some coworkers are fun to work with
Cons: no breaks, lots of threats
Supervisors are very biased, vacations are frequently denied
Morale is very low, job security is always a questionable thing
Rated one of the highest quality hospitals on east coast
Radiology Clerk and Call Center Specialist (Former Employee), Reading, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: location, salary, benefits
Cons: many patient care issues and complaints
The Reading Hospital, now Reading Health System. I worked in all areas of customer service --registration, multi line phone system,insurance verification,credit card processing,financial aid ,attorney accounts,bankruptcies. Great staff in my departments. Supervisor respected ideas and suggestions.
Very Compassionate Place to work, Patient are key.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), West Reading, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: learning something new everyday, meeting different people.
Cons: maybe need 15 minute breaks if possible
A typical day at reading Hospital, is fast paced, muliti things going on from drawing blood work or an Ekg , to going to a matt response. I learned to be compassionate that the most important thing is safety and patient care. I also learned how to work with a team and as individual.The management team is great and very supported of its workers and patient care as well. My co-workers are there to assist when you need them. The hardest part might be or making sure is patient that comes into the hospital has there blood work done on time, without any problems, but I make sure all work is done at the right time. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see a patient who was scare to death of getting there blood work done, feel relax and comfortable after and before I ease ther mind and talk to them and comfort them and reasure them that this process will be alright.
very busy work enviorenment.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Reading, PAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: multitasking
Cons: salary, being bought out.
I worked with midwives. CRNP, and family healthcare Doctors. A typical day was alway different since I rotated between clinics. Front desk, lab, rooming, phones, translating, etc. Hardest part of my job no stable management. The doctors were great and I learned so much. My coworkers were a very strong smart team.
Sufficient
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), West Reading, PANovember 20, 2014
I can only speak specifically of the unit I worked. The nurse to patient ratio was not safe nor realistic at times. No support from physicians and some management. Loved my coworkers.
Plenty of work to go around
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), West Reading, PANovember 12, 2014
Working as a phlebotomist, there was plenty of independence but lots of work. Being responsible for collecting blood for the entire hospital kept us busy. Sometimes it felt like we did not have enough staff on night shift to handle the amount of collections we had but we worked well together and got it done.
Knowledgable staff
NURSING STUDENT (Former Employee), Reading, PANovember 3, 2014
Great learning experience, I had the opportunity to spend time on various units and the staff members were always willing to help and educate students.

1 2 3 4 5

About Reading Health System

Play a fulfilling role as part of a health system that has been meeting the community's needs since 1867. Reading Health System – Read more

Reading Health System Salaries