Reading Health System

Reading Health System Employer Reviews

Plenty of work to go around
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), West Reading, PANovember 12, 2014
Working as a phlebotomist, there was plenty of independence but lots of work. Being responsible for collecting blood for the entire hospital kept us busy. Sometimes it felt like we did not have enough staff on night shift to handle the amount of collections we had but we worked well together and got it done.
Knowledgable staff
NURSING STUDENT (Former Employee), Reading, PANovember 3, 2014
Great learning experience, I had the opportunity to spend time on various units and the staff members were always willing to help and educate students.
great
Security Officer Extern (Former Employee), Reading, PAOctober 26, 2014
I had a great time learning how to talk to people and show them how to get to the persons room
Patient Focused Health Care
Circulating RN (Current Employee), Reading, PASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: love my job
Cons: flexing
A typical day at work is arriving and receiving my assignment, going and relieving current circulating RN, finishing the case and starting the next OR case. Co-workers are great. Hardest part of the job is starting an emergent trauma case with limited staff. The part of the job I enjoy most is circulating during a busy case with great co-workers.
Fast paced
Registered Nurse Facilitator Level 3 (Current Employee), Wyomissing, PASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: leadership skills obtainable
Cons: turnover of staff due to fast pace of unit
A great place to sharpen nursing skills and gain experience. The staff are dedicated and knowledgeable. management is approachable and works well with the staff. coworkers are respectful and caring. Not enough hours to care for chronically ill patients. Helping those patients that are in need of quality nursing care.
terrible management
Perioperative RN (Current Employee), West Reading, PASeptember 11, 2014
Terrible management and corporate culture
great coworkers
very physically demanding as there is no ancillary staff to help
Very productive and exciting workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), West Reading, PAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: the interactions with all the many diffrenty people and the learning experiences.
Cons: when nursing staff wasnt clear on what they wanted from the security staff.
A typical work day in the Reading Health System was very invigorating, in the way that you were dealing with multiple personalities and all sorts of situation. weather you were dealing with problems with Doctors, Nurses, Patients, you're colleagues or the safety of the facility you were always faced with thinking on your feet.
Management was a grate – more... help in being a mediator in many situations. my shift supervisor was very easy to talk to and he related well to the situation on the floor, because he worked the floor himself he was able to provide insight in difficult situation. when problems arose with staff or patients he was there for unbiased support which was very appreciated within the security department.
my coworkers were very supportive when myself or anyone else needed assistance in a call. working in the hospital you are faced with many situation that can escalate quickly and many time you don't see it coming. the support team that we had within our department was amazing I was very grateful for them.
the hardest part of the job was dealing with mental health patients, because you always want to handle their situation with lots of care and as much compassion as possible, at the same time being stern and firm letting them know that there will be consequences to their wrong actions. If the patient choses to cause harm to themselves as well as the other patients and staff we would have to take action the safest way possible. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with staff making sure that everything was safe. Also letting them know that were in the area for us to assist them in any way. I also enjoyed the interaction with the visitors and patient. Seeing security around can be a stressful thing, especially for people that have lost someone or that are visiting someone that is in critical condition. I was fortunate enough to speak and bring comfort to many son, daughters, friends, parents etc.... I'd have to say that overall that was the very best part of the job. to help bring peace to people that were going through a difficult time. – less
AWESOME
Credentialed trainer/Epic support Specialist (Former Employee), Reading, PAAugust 24, 2014
Trained doctors, Mas, Nurses, and clerical staff 1:1
Helped Create documentation for implemented processes front desk
Delegated suggestions and duties to other team members regarding opportunities for
improvement in work-related tasks and processes. I Facilitated the understanding of the schedule, insurance approvals while affectively defining each – more... folder and their functions. Responsible for ensuring the nurses how to properly chart. – less
Very fast paced place to work
Certified Bone Density Technician (Current Employee), Reading, PAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: i have alot of vacation time and get paid fairly well.
Cons: no breaks, ot mandatory, too many changes, no room for growth, poor benefits.
I scan and analyze several bone density's patients every day.
The hospital has gone through productivity changes and I have
had to learn several other positions. Some of which
I never worked. My co-workers are great, we are team
players! The hardest part of my job are all the changes
the hospital has put upon us. The most enjoyable part
of my job is – more... some of the people I work with. – less
PCA loooking to broaden work experience
PCA (Current Employee), Reading, PAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great work environment and people
Cons: lack of sleep at times
I work night shift. I get to work twelve hour shifts with overtime. I am part of an expanding hospital system that will be adding a new building to an already large campus. I have learned proper PT care and how to deal with tough situations. I work in a great department ( emergency Department). I love working nights due to the staff. We have a great – more... working relationship. – less
Very family friendly company. The Nursing Dept. is the best.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Reading, PAJuly 28, 2014
I so enjoyed working with at Reading Health systems. This job gave me the opportunity to utilize my skills and also learn new skills. Everyone in the company plays a part in helping each other to succeed. My co workers were always willing to assist me when needed. Management get the highest regards from me. The hardest part of my job was losing patient. – more... Even though I am trained for this caring for a person involves empathy and I empathize with my patients and families.The most enjoyable part was doing what I do best. Taking care of my patients as if they were one of my family. – less
Strong clinically oriented hospital
Neonatologist (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAJuly 16, 2014
Open minded group of hospital leaders. Began my development into a true leader in Neonatology
Rewarding bedside experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Reading, PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: variety of patient populations/diseases
Cons: management, nursing shortage
The greatest part of my job is making a difference at the bedside for my patients.
Organization Knowledge
CAD / Engineering Clerk (Former Employee), West Reading, PAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: learn organizational skills and blueprints.
Cons: work in the same room for 3 months.
During my temporary job at Reading Hospital and Medical Center, I managed to learn a lot of new and old blueprints, some dating back in 1920's. I also enjoy working with CAD blueprints.
Dont do it.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Reading, PAJune 9, 2014
One big clique! Not sure what upper management does besides making huge paychecks.
LOTS OF OPPORTUNITIES!!!
Staff RN (Current Employee), Reading, PAJune 5, 2014
Awesome place to work. Traveling is my biggest challenge. Moving is not an option because I took a $1200 pay cut and simply can not afford it.
Clerk (Former Employee), West ReadingMay 28, 2014
Good place to work with nice benefits. Typical day was very busy. I learned to multitask. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help patients.
Great learning environment
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), West Reading, PAMay 11, 2014
Very diverse with broad opportunity to learn as a young employee. Much room to grow and advance
Very busy, and fun
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), West Reading, PAMay 5, 2014
Pros: busy
Cons: not everyone picking up there weight
i have fill customer order which can include makin lattes, frappuccino's and smoothies getting coffee or making sandwiches for customers.
It was an office that encouraged a good and friendly working environment
Oncology/Radiation Nurse (Former Employee), West Reading, PAApril 27, 2014
Pros: friendly department, weekends off.
Cons: feeling helpless knowing someone was not going to get well
As an LPN I did routine screening and rooming of patients. I assisted doctors with procedures and taught patients about the type of radiation they would be experiencing along with side effects and nutrition .
This job helped me listen closely to what was being said and to try to help the patient in any way I was able.

1 2 3 4 5

About Reading Health System

Play a fulfilling role as part of a health system that has been meeting the community's needs since 1867. Reading Health System – Read more