Reading Health System

Reading Health System Employer Reviews

forward-thinking
Specialty OB/Gyn Coder (Current Employee), Reading, PAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: holiday and special occasion meals, excellent benefit package
The health system is constantly and consistently improving the healthcare experience for patients and employees. Communication is key to this. The coding and compliance employees work together to accomplish our work accurately.
Aramark
Hospital Director (Former Employee), Reading, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: flexability
Cons: wages/benafits
Directed several opporation.

Greatly improved production and fiscal responsability.

Opportunities for advancement were great.
Great environment
RN Vascular Access Team (Current Employee), West Reading, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Great co-workers
Great teamwork
Work PRN
Many opportunities within network
Many different cultures
Offer great education
Not a happy place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Reading,PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: some coworkers are fun to work with
Cons: no breaks, lots of threats
Supervisors are very biased, vacations are frequently denied
Morale is very low, job security is always a questionable thing
Rated one of the highest quality hospitals on east coast
Radiology Clerk and Call Center Specialist (Former Employee), Reading, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: location, salary, benefits
Cons: many patient care issues and complaints
The Reading Hospital, now Reading Health System. I worked in all areas of customer service --registration, multi line phone system,insurance verification,credit card processing,financial aid ,attorney accounts,bankruptcies. Great staff in my departments. Supervisor respected ideas and suggestions.
Very Compassionate Place to work, Patient are key.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), West Reading, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: learning something new everyday, meeting different people.
Cons: maybe need 15 minute breaks if possible
A typical day at reading Hospital, is fast paced, muliti things going on from drawing blood work or an Ekg , to going to a matt response. I learned to be compassionate that the most important thing is safety and patient care. I also learned how to work with a team and as individual.The management team is great and very supported of its workers and patient care as well. My co-workers are there to assist when you need them. The hardest part might be or making sure is patient that comes into the hospital has there blood work done on time, without any problems, but I make sure all work is done at the right time. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see a patient who was scare to death of getting there blood work done, feel relax and comfortable after and before I ease ther mind and talk to them and comfort them and reasure them that this process will be alright.
very busy work enviorenment.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Reading, PAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: multitasking
Cons: salary, being bought out.
I worked with midwives. CRNP, and family healthcare Doctors. A typical day was alway different since I rotated between clinics. Front desk, lab, rooming, phones, translating, etc. Hardest part of my job no stable management. The doctors were great and I learned so much. My coworkers were a very strong smart team.
Sufficient
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), West Reading, PANovember 20, 2014
I can only speak specifically of the unit I worked. The nurse to patient ratio was not safe nor realistic at times. No support from physicians and some management. Loved my coworkers.
Plenty of work to go around
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), West Reading, PANovember 12, 2014
Working as a phlebotomist, there was plenty of independence but lots of work. Being responsible for collecting blood for the entire hospital kept us busy. Sometimes it felt like we did not have enough staff on night shift to handle the amount of collections we had but we worked well together and got it done.
Knowledgable staff
NURSING STUDENT (Former Employee), Reading, PANovember 3, 2014
Great learning experience, I had the opportunity to spend time on various units and the staff members were always willing to help and educate students.
great
Security Officer Extern (Former Employee), Reading, PAOctober 26, 2014
I had a great time learning how to talk to people and show them how to get to the persons room
Patient Focused Health Care
Circulating RN (Current Employee), Reading, PASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: love my job
Cons: flexing
A typical day at work is arriving and receiving my assignment, going and relieving current circulating RN, finishing the case and starting the next OR case. Co-workers are great. Hardest part of the job is starting an emergent trauma case with limited staff. The part of the job I enjoy most is circulating during a busy case with great co-workers.
Fast paced
Registered Nurse Facilitator Level 3 (Current Employee), Wyomissing, PASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: leadership skills obtainable
Cons: turnover of staff due to fast pace of unit
A great place to sharpen nursing skills and gain experience. The staff are dedicated and knowledgeable. management is approachable and works well with the staff. coworkers are respectful and caring. Not enough hours to care for chronically ill patients. Helping those patients that are in need of quality nursing care.
terrible management
Perioperative RN (Current Employee), West Reading, PASeptember 11, 2014
Terrible management and corporate culture
great coworkers
very physically demanding as there is no ancillary staff to help
Very productive and exciting workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), West Reading, PAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: the interactions with all the many diffrenty people and the learning experiences.
Cons: when nursing staff wasnt clear on what they wanted from the security staff.
A typical work day in the Reading Health System was very invigorating, in the way that you were dealing with multiple personalities and all sorts of situation. weather you were dealing with problems with Doctors, Nurses, Patients, you're colleagues or the safety of the facility you were always faced with thinking on your feet.
Management was a grate help in being a mediator in many situations. my shift supervisor was very easy to talk to and he related well to the situation on the floor, because he worked the floor himself he was able to provide insight in difficult situation. when problems arose with staff or patients he was there for unbiased support which was very appreciated within the security department.
my coworkers were very supportive when myself or anyone else needed assistance in a call. working in the hospital you are faced with many situation that can escalate quickly and many time you don't see it coming. the support team that we had within our department was amazing I was very grateful for them.
the hardest part of the job was dealing with mental health patients, because you always want to handle their situation with lots of care and as much compassion as possible, at the same time being stern and firm letting them know that there will be consequences to their wrong actions. If the patient choses to cause harm to themselves as well as the other patients and staff we would have to take action the safest way possible. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with staff making sure that everything was safe. Also letting them know that were in the area for – more... us to assist them in any way. I also enjoyed the interaction with the visitors and patient. Seeing security around can be a stressful thing, especially for people that have lost someone or that are visiting someone that is in critical condition. I was fortunate enough to speak and bring comfort to many son, daughters, friends, parents etc.... I'd have to say that overall that was the very best part of the job. to help bring peace to people that were going through a difficult time. – less
AWESOME
Credentialed trainer/Epic support Specialist (Former Employee), Reading, PAAugust 24, 2014
Trained doctors, Mas, Nurses, and clerical staff 1:1
Helped Create documentation for implemented processes front desk
Delegated suggestions and duties to other team members regarding opportunities for
improvement in work-related tasks and processes. I Facilitated the understanding of the schedule, insurance approvals while affectively defining each folder and their functions. Responsible for ensuring the nurses how to properly chart.
Very fast paced place to work
Certified Bone Density Technician (Current Employee), Reading, PAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: i have alot of vacation time and get paid fairly well.
Cons: no breaks, ot mandatory, too many changes, no room for growth, poor benefits.
I scan and analyze several bone density's patients every day.
The hospital has gone through productivity changes and I have
had to learn several other positions. Some of which
I never worked. My co-workers are great, we are team
players! The hardest part of my job are all the changes
the hospital has put upon us. The most enjoyable part
of my job is some of the people I work with.
PCA loooking to broaden work experience
PCA (Current Employee), Reading, PAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great work environment and people
Cons: lack of sleep at times
I work night shift. I get to work twelve hour shifts with overtime. I am part of an expanding hospital system that will be adding a new building to an already large campus. I have learned proper PT care and how to deal with tough situations. I work in a great department ( emergency Department). I love working nights due to the staff. We have a great working relationship.
Very family friendly company. The Nursing Dept. is the best.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Reading, PAJuly 28, 2014
I so enjoyed working with at Reading Health systems. This job gave me the opportunity to utilize my skills and also learn new skills. Everyone in the company plays a part in helping each other to succeed. My co workers were always willing to assist me when needed. Management get the highest regards from me. The hardest part of my job was losing patient. Even though I am trained for this caring for a person involves empathy and I empathize with my patients and families.The most enjoyable part was doing what I do best. Taking care of my patients as if they were one of my family.
Strong clinically oriented hospital
Neonatologist (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAJuly 16, 2014
Open minded group of hospital leaders. Began my development into a true leader in Neonatology

1 2 3 4 5

About Reading Health System

Play a fulfilling role as part of a health system that has been meeting the community's needs since 1867. Reading Health System – Read more

Reading Health System Salaries