Reading Hospital Employee Reviews

Nursing Aide
Nurse Assistant / Nursing Floor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 2, 2017
Being a nursing aide is demanding and tough on your body which is why I chose to find another job. During the evening shift there weren't enough nurses to and aide to keep up with the patient demand.
Pros
New equipment
Cons
Not enough help
Productive place to be working at
NURSE CARE PARTHER (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PANovember 13, 2017
it was really great to had work there. i like the manager on my floor, she was really approachable. They had really good and caring nurses there. working together for the benefit of the patient.
Productive, never a dull moment
Patient Care Assistant/ Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PANovember 12, 2017
fast pace demanding work environment with different levels of patient to care for with a variety of diseases and disorders. Need to be a flexible, independent worker while being available to help co-workers to provide efficient patient care.
All depends
Other (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PANovember 6, 2017
Depends on the Manager, Department, as to whether you struck oil! A lot of good people but, a lot of training opportunities that HR should address. I have seen people lose their jobs over newbies.
Pros
Health care stable
Cons
Whip the good ones to death
staff nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PANovember 5, 2017
fast paced emergency room, staffing levels are unfair for staff nurses with average 6-7 patients. I've learned that advancement is all about who you know and not about your actual skills, experience, and compassion for nursing,
Fun place to work for busy
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  reading hospitalNovember 1, 2017
I love working here just wish they pat more especially for phlebotomist when a CNA makes more then a phlebotomist the team works together the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients in the hospital knowing that you are helping them and being able to talk with them and ease their minds a little
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
the salary
very busy work place and competitive
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PA 19611October 27, 2017
Fast pace and great staff. Had to clean all patients room and maintain the hospital clean and safe. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients and there visitors. Managers and supervisors where always checking to make sure helped was not needed and to assist in any way they could. I learned to organize my time so that every corner of my working area was clean before my shift was over. I learned about the chemicals and the procedures that needed to be followed for a safe environment for our staff and patients. Learned about HIPPAA guidelines and
Pros
discount on food
Cons
great part time off
daily assignments
Acting role (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC, moving in june 2018October 26, 2017
5 to 6 patients, work load can variety but usually manageable. good team work ethics. Enjoy teaching students from three different schools, depending on their clinical rotation.
Cons
changing our epic computer system again.
great hospital
Unit Clerk/Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 23, 2017
Everyone was friendly and great at working as a team. The job was fast pace and this made time go by fast. Everyone is very supportive and helpful. It was very rewarding to see how thankful patients can be.
PRN Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 23, 2017
Excellent place to work, great team, good pay, understanding supervisor, place for advancement, updated techniques, good residency and cpe programs. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
everything good
Cons
travel time
Not compensated fairly
INTAKE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 17, 2017
Job expectations versus job compensation were not at all equal. Management was very unorganized. Constantly adding additional responsibilities without compensation or additional time to complete tasks. Seriously lacking in communication.
Slow paced and sressful
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 15, 2017
The majority of work days could be stressful because what nurses have to deal with it could create a negative and unhappy environment. A typical day could be cleaning rooms from 3 to 1130. What I learned more is how to make a person smile or laugh on a bad day at work.
Pros
every department get its own week of free lunch, prizes, and rewards.
Cons
short breaks, sick people, etc
professional
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAOctober 11, 2017
Has been a good experience professionally and personally. The organization is in general run fairly. The medical surgical unit on which I worked seemed to excel in many aspects due to our specific unit based leadership.
Good Enry Level position
Fiscal Registrar (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAOctober 5, 2017
Entry level job that could lead to better opportunities within the facility. Sometimes difficult to witness trauma and tragedies that are common in an Emergency Room.
Pros
Great learning environment to lead to better positions
Cons
Witnessing family tragedies
review
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 3, 2017
I was not at this position long enough to really be able to review this company to the ability that they deserve but from what i saw there were needed improvements mostly with staffing.
great place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 3, 2017
truly great atmosphere and great patient care which is truly the most important. Enjoyed working with my coworkers and the hospital provides many perks for its employees.
Pros
patient care, pay
Cons
hours
EMR computer conversion
RN-Oncology Unit (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 1, 2017
This job was simply a computer conversin, assisting the nurses abd MD's with thier new computer charting< It was a computer conversion, helping them convert from paper to computer charting.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Too slow paced
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAOctober 1, 2017
If you like a large company this is a great place to work. There is room for transferring and some advancement. It's hard to get in and HR is slow to get the ball rolling.
staff are great team players.
Phlebotomist/Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PASeptember 30, 2017
For the most part Reading Health has been a great place to work. I've work there for about 10 years, but lately I don't feel like the hours are as flexible as I need them to be in my current department.
Nurse/personal care assistant
GPN (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PASeptember 26, 2017
Interesting and very educational. Most of the patients were trauma patients, Got to see a lot and learn a lot. Assist patients with every day activities.
Pros
Educational
Cons
The distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reading Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.