Reading Partners

Reading Partners Employer Reviews

Fun, full of energy, high spirit people
Reading Tutor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2014
Retail sales associate work as first contact personnel in a retail environment. Their main job is to assist customers with questions and selections regarding the store’s merchandize. This position requires a person to be friendly and outgoing as the need to please customers is quite eminent in this work.
A program that helps english learners
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 20, 2014
Pros: meet great people
Cons: trouble with kids not wanting to do the activities
A normal day would consist of picking up the kid from the designated areas where he would wait in after school until I came to pick him out and take him to the library. there we would pick up a packet that had certain activities that helped the student learn and will help me teach the student. this went on for every session we had.
Focused and Friendly Environment
Literacy Intervention Tutor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 4, 2014
Reading Partners is a good company. I enjoyed working with the children and my coworkers.
Positive, disciplined learning environment
Tutor the students (Current Employee), Hyde Charter SchoolJune 1, 2014
A typical day at work with students I work with children in second and fifth grade,assist them with their reading and writing. Assist them in summarizing books and picking out main ideas. Help build strong literacy skills.
Great place with good atmoshpere
volunteer (Current Employee), SacramentoJanuary 30, 2014
Good place to volunteer at. Enjoyable people and community. Working with the children is great and productive.
Rewarding Internship
Intern/ Tutor (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: reward of helping students in need
Cons: unpaid internship
Reading Partners recruits volunteers from anywhere and anyone that is willing to go through shadow sessions and training to fully grasp the scope of the curriculum. Each tutor meets with a student twice a week for 45 minutes. During these 45 minutes tutors go through the lesson plan written by reading partners. I had the privilege of tutoring a few – more... students. I also substituted for other tutors when they weren't able to make their sessions since I was already at the school helping out my cite coordinator with anything she needed to be done. I made copies of the lessons for each lesson plan. I corrected students work and also filled them into their folders. My site coordinator was very welcoming, I really enjoyed my time there and would recommend volunteering to anyone. – less
Teaching children reading skills
Tutor (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 21, 2013
working one on one children that are below their grade level in reading.
Great place to work, Lousy benefits.
Tutor and mentor (Former Employee), Oakland, Ca,July 25, 2012
Pros: feel good place.
Cons: no fututre
this was an internship/job. This job was a labor of love. I loved the students and my supervisor it made me love my job. but, alas there was not a job that would pay the bills.