Ready Pac Employee Reviews

Good company, for the most part.
QA auditor (Current Employee) –  Jackson GASeptember 17, 2012
The main thing I enjoy is that everybody is very conscious about getting the job done. The company and most employees actually take sanitary measures very seriously with every aspect of the production. Depending on what department you are in is going to effect your pay scale, which from what Ive seen varies largely, but at the same time Im happy with my pay rate. Physically its not a hard job , though QA is very stressful and tons of paperwork, which alot of it is really unnecessary and that adds to the stress because there is no room for error. The main thing I do not like is that due to zero tolerance for error in paperwork in QA, they hire and fire non-stop, the door is always opening or closing, which also adds to the stress of peoples job security. If your good at attention to detail, multitasking, and doing a full size tree of paperwork everyday then it is honestly a great job, If your not good at all of those then you wont last a week.
Pros
respectable position, pay, looks good for future jobs.
Cons
some days are stressful, unknown hours.
Stay away from the Titanic of the food industry !
production supervisor (Former Employee) –  swedesboro njJune 22, 2014
Keep looking or searching rather than settle for this company. I worked there for 11 years and it was the most unorganized company that I have ever worked for. The scheduling department is a total and complete joke ! They will inform you on a Friday afternoon at 3:00PM you have to work the next day, try explaining to the upper management you had plan for your day off, they don't care. There is no director at the Swedesboro NJ plant and it shows. I am convinced this company will never get better until they start caring about their employees. I recently left and started over at another food manufacturing company. What a breath of fresh air! No benefits such as a matching 401k or good insurance. Even if your desperate, stay away!
Pros
great floor leaders, production mgr.
Cons
scheduling, non caring management, future
Did not train properly
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAOctober 3, 2012
When I was first hired as QA technician, 4 other people were hired at the same time. They were trained properly, I was not. I was always filing paperwork or in other parts of the plant. The other parts of the plant was other training for my position. When I was out on the floor to be trained for my main job, most of the workers did not want to work with me. One walked away from me. I talked to the supervisor twice, she said I just have to 'get out there and do it' and was immediately sent to file paperwork. ???
When I was on the floor, there were 2 or 3 people working together at one table and I didn't have room to do anything, they didn't want me there. If it wasn't for all this, it would have been a great job. I got fired after 2 weeks. The reason? I did not 'get' how to do the paperwork for the job.
Pros
good company
Cons
wasn't there long enough to tell, except for i was not trained.
Stay Away !
Receiver (Current Employee) –  ReceivingFebruary 27, 2014
I started this job in receiving and the work itself is not too bad. The shift and hours, however, are horrible!. The scheduling is a complete joke. The night shift(which is 2nd shift), works from 4 till around 1in the morning. Nobody knows what their schedule is day to day. You work 5 days and your days off could change at any time! This makes it almost impossible to plan for family events. I only worked here a week and I'm already looking for a new job. I can't believe that a company this size, has no set schedules. This is why this company has one of the highest turn over rates of any company I have ever worked for. Not a very good fit for me. Oh Yeah, and you will most likely stay a temp forever.
Pros
the managers don't require you to live in the factory!
Cons
it's pretty close to that though!
Very Productive and safe place to work also enjoy the meals that the company provide from time to time.
Production Documentation Specialist - Bowl Room (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAAugust 25, 2015
Ready Pac is a fast growing company which allowed for moving up very quickly within the company. I started out as an Production Associate then move to Machine Operator. After the Supervisor reviewed my resume and seen the skills I have suggest I apply for Quality Assurance Position. Once in the position of Quality Assurance for around six month, I was ask if I like to try working as an Line Lead. As you can see growth opportunity with Ready Pac is a plus.
Pros
Good Health Benefits (401K) & Supervisor very helpful
Cons
Growing Company, Needs larger work space to accomodate employees
Upper Management are Verbally Abusive & Disrespectful
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAJanuary 6, 2016
Employees don't leave Ready Pac, because of the inability to survive the long cold hours, that's overrated and something you eventually adapt to. They leave because of the poor treatment of Upper Management. Oftentimes it is against their Temp Agency Policy, to speak or have any contact with the Supervisor of the Plant. I however refused to take the abuse anymore, and to speak up only to have my assignment ended. At the end of the day I no longer have this job but leave with the bragging rights to say I DID NOT GIVE UP!!!
Pros
Experience, Long Hours, Break, Free Salad
Cons
Unsanitary Practices, Disrespectful and Verbally Abusive Upper Management
Productive and fun cold place to work with ping pong table
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  GAJune 26, 2013
My typical day at work was just all business like they immediately got me into team work activities and to taped thousands of boxes for the companies. I learned how to work in a big company field and actually do it in the right perfect way . I also learned how to not focus on how cold it was but how to stay focus and work as a team. The hardest part of the job is work the pace of the packer because if its not enough boxes on the line then that backs us up. The enjoyable part of the job is the ping pong table challenges.
Pros
free salads, long breaks
Cons
if you temp its hard too become permanent
Upper managment really bad
Quality line coordinator (Former Employee) –  IrwindaleJune 8, 2015
Not a good place to work your schedule change and dont give you options to arrenge your plans, unorganize, some lines are small and need to work too close with other people you can not even move to maximize your productivity, the design on the lines really bad you need to work stand up during all shift and sometimes you cant reach tools or product to get the job done, and lastly the managers dont care about their people they just want to make their money and share their opinions not matter how you feel.
Pros
Fast productive pace
Cons
Too cold and unorganize
cold , productive place with a nice cafeteria
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CADecember 19, 2013
I worked from 4:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Immediately I started to build pallets and scanning labels that stick to the pallets. What I learned working for Ready Pac is how strict the USDA needs to be on how we handle food. Management was very strict on the deadlines. My co-workers worked hard to meet those deadlines as well as I did. The hardest part of the job for me was working in the cold environment. The most enjoyable thing about working at Ready Pac was learning the process of making salad bowls.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Though working environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Swizboro, NJ 80805January 8, 2016
I worked as warehouse associate at Ready Pac for two months. Most often I worked from Sunday to Sunday; the weekends were considered over time. My co-workers were great people to work with.
I learned a lot about working as a team, where the job goes on systematically. I worked in an extreme weather condition where cold condition could lead to illness for workers.In the midst of this, management's hourly rate is low. They need to improve on this aspect of the business.
Pros
There's much time for lunch
Cons
There's poor hourly rate.
friendly, fast-paced, workplace with a ping pong and fooseball table
Packer/general laborer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, GAJune 25, 2012
A typical day starts at home. I make sure I get plenty of sleep and I eat a well balanced meal so I can be at alert and energetic. I enter into the workplace with a smile and eagerness to get the job done. I love my job because I am good at it. Every job has it's challenges. I get along with my co-workers quite well. The hardest part of the job is that there isn't much room for advancement.
Pros
employee appreciation events
Cons
healthcare costs, pay
Productive work experiences with alot of oppurtunities to excel within the company
Quality Assurance Tech (Former Employee) –  JacksonMarch 26, 2015
We worked long hours in a very trying environment. We managed to make the best of every work day. There was plenty of room to excel within the company. Training was readily available in our lab. The hardest part of the job was the cold work environment. I really enjoyed playing an active role in the food safety process.
Pros
good break area
Cons
short breaks
very productive
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, NJDecember 13, 2012
A typicla day at ready pac was mainly about production. We had to have product ready and stored for the warehouse and customers. I learned how to produce and work with the product and where it goes etc. The managment was acceptable. My co workers were cool. The showed the right way to help produce and manage the product. The hardest part of the job was the quota we had to meet everyday. I enjoyed the job overall.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good work place and people
Trim Line (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAMay 29, 2012
clock in and dress out in required attire
sign out equipment
i learned how to really check each product to see if its managable
enjoyed my co-workers to the fulliest
hardest part about the job is the cold but you get used to it
being able to put out fresh product everyday is the most enjoyable
Pros
cookouts, for some holidays
Cons
short breaks, and dont know what time you will get off
fast pacing and calm and relaxing near the end
packege handler (Former Employee) –  irwindale caAugust 28, 2015
a typical day would be starting off with a busy order and prepare on how to execute it to get to the other orders. what i learn is you cant always just fast pace it you got to have a plan to get it done right because theirs other orders to finish up and help out others if they need help or any kind of assistance like cleaning or transferring pallets.
Productive and cold place to work, fun people.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CASeptember 4, 2013
Ready Pac was a second home to me. I felt very comfortable, if I had any problems I would take it up with my coordinators and the problem would be dealt with that day. They would come up with a solution and everything on the most part would work out. Over time is almost guaranteed. Good vibes from people and very friendly.
Assembly worker in the bowl room
assembly line member (Current Employee) –  Jackson,GeorgiaOctober 19, 2015
As a assembly worker, I prepare salads and make sure all salad weight the proper amount. Once the weight is correct, I make sure all other side items are being made to fit inside the bowl and not exceeding the proper weight such as (dressing, cheese, chicken ext.)
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Pay, Only one break
very very cold environment
Sanitation on machines and tools (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMarch 30, 2012
its a very important role to have because its food your dealing with so you must make sure all machines and walls are clean and sanitized. it's very cold and you get all wet but it feels good knowing you are part of the team that cleans all the machines.
Fun to work with multy culture Employee.
Receiver/Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Florence, NJSeptember 30, 2015
I feel fun work on my job at Ready pac all the time all staff respect each other .

Management all the sportive give the review to employee after evey six months. Safety is first priority.
Pros
lunch party s on each holidays.
Cons
Has good insrence .401 k
Productive and great place to work
Bowl Room Operator/ Trim Line Worker/ Production (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAAugust 14, 2013
Ready Pac was a productive place to work at great leaders and good teamwork. I learned how to stay on task and focus. My co-workers because we put our skills together and got through the day with good teamwork.