Job Title: Portfolio Debt Manager - Real Estate
Job Type: Exempt; Full time
Date: October 2013
Real Capital Solutions is a real estate investment company with a track record of successful investment in every aspect of commercial real estate. Over its 25 year history, the Company has acquired over $1 billion of investment real estate and has never lost investor capital. The key to the firm’s success has been a thorough understanding of the dynamics that affect the real estate cycle. Having acquired over $500 million of distressed residential assets in nearly a dozen states since 2008, including Arizona, Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, Washington and California, the firm is currently focused on four strategic initiatives: Condo Capital Solutions, Homebuilder Capital Solutions, Apartment Capital Solutions and Commercial Capital Solutions. With access to up to $250 million in equity, including over $100 million from the founder, Real Capital Solutions is well positioned to take advantage of the distressed assets available in today’s market.
The Portfolio Debt Manager is responsible for the credit analysis, underwriting, documentation and origination of commercial real estate credit exposure. This will include bridge, term and construction loans. The incumbent will be the liaison between our banking relationships and RCS associates. This person will work closely with the investment teams to thoroughly and concisely analyze loan requests for current and prospective investments. The analysis includes interpretation of financial statements, various industry trends, regulatory issues and valuation, and will assist with the preparation of loan narratives. This position will manage existing debt relationships on behalf of RCS as well as develop new relationships in behalf of RCS.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Review and help prepare highly technical and completed commercial loan packages and submissions for presentations to lenders.
- Forecast company financials using parameters and methods established by the bank.
- Analyze the financial condition of prospective and current commercial, multi-family and homebuilding clients.
- Understand appraisals valuations.
- Train RCS employees regarding on site appraisals and manage information provided to the appraisers.
- Stay abreast of current trends in lending and maximize loan terms on all deals with our lenders
- Manager selection of lenders for various deals and analyze and compare term sheets from lender
- Compile various reports to be presented to senior management.
- Provide ongoing portfolio management of the loan portfolio through continuous monitoring and annual review of existing credit facilities, monitoring financial compliance.
- Act as a liaison between the banks and the RCS teams.
- Review credit applications and underwrite create requests, communicate credit decisions/issues to the team and recommend alternative structures/pricing and credit enhancement.
- Organize and present data analysis, draw objective conclusions and make recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or economics (or related work experience)
- An MBA or MRED, or related degree are a plus but not required
- Five years of experience as a Credit Analyst supporting numerous loan officers or experience working as a financial analyst within the banking or brokerage sector.
- Five+ years of experience in Commercial or Real Estate Lending with strong networking in the banking and commercial markets.
- Ability to prepare concise and informative written presentations in MS Word, MS Power Point
- Proficient in Excel
- Interest and/or experience in private equity
- Minimum of 5 – 1- years of CRE transaction experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Creative and solid quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with excellent problem solving skills
1. Ability to comply with company rules and regulations.
2. Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with internal and external customers through two-way verbal and written communication (speech, hearing, and writing).
3. Ability to operate various office equipment including, computer, telephone, fax, copier, calculator.
4. Ability to work long hours.
5. Ability to write and see things in close proximity.
6. Ability to work independently and refer appropriate matters to supervisor when necessary.
7. Ability to comprehend written and verbal communication.