Job Title: Senior Analyst – Residential
Job Type: Salaried; Full time; Exempt
Targeted Start Date: January 2013
Real Capital Solutions is a real estate investment company with a track record of successful investment in every aspect of commercial real estate. Over its 25 year history, the Company has acquired over $1 billion of investment real estate and has never lost investor capital. The key to the firm’s success has been a thorough understanding of the dynamics that affect the real estate cycle. The firm’s founder called the current crash in real estate values early by selling 80% of the firm’s commercial portfolio at near‐peak values in 2006-2007. Having acquired over $500 million of distressed residential assets in nearly a dozen states since 2008, including Arizona, Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, Washington and California, the firm is currently focused on four strategic initiatives: Condo Capital Solutions, Homebuilder Capital Solutions, Apartment Capital Solutions and Commercial Capital Solutions. With access to up to $250 million in equity, including over $100 million from the founder, Real Capital Solutions is well positioned to take advantage of the distressed assets available in today’s market.
Job Duties and Candidate Qualities:
Looking for a hard working, experienced senior analyst to assist in the acquisition and asset management of land development, homebuilding and apartment assets. The position will entail the following:
- Creating proformas
- Drafting offers
- Reviewing legal agreements
- Collecting and analyzing due diligence information
- Marketing analysis
- Creating loan request packages
- Drafting investment update reports
- Business analysis
- Creating contract exhibits
- Assisting with construction draw administration
- Assisting with many other duties involved in acquiring and asset managing residential development assets.
In order to be able to perform the job, this individual will have the following:
- Strong financial skills and experience underwriting residential real estate assets.
- Proven excel skills, writing skills, communication skills and sound judgment are a must.
- The right candidate will prove able to assume significant increases in responsibilities in a relatively short period of time and based upon his/her abilities, may have the opportunity to provide a significant impact early on.
We anticipate this position will be demanding; therefore, we seek candidates who are:
- Very driven and competitive;
- Willing to work extremely hard;
- Self‐motivated; and
- Creative and highly analytic problem solvers.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or economics (or related work experience)
- An MBA or MRED, or related degree are a plus but not required
- Excellent MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, communication, and writing skills
- Interest and/or experience in residential investments
- 3 – 5 years of real estate underwriting and investment experience
- Strong research skills
Please apply by sending a cover letter, detailing your experience and salary requirements, and resume. Please use “Senior Analyst – Residential” in the subject line of your email. We are looking for a specific experience set for this position, therefore we are only accepting and reviewing applications from candidates with 3 to 5 years only of work experience.