Real Estate One Employee Reviews in United States

Standard real estate co. with good standard setup.
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MISeptember 21, 2015
Nice real estate co. with decent office setup and very nice coworkers. Regular standard industry compensation. Easy going office hours pretty standard to the industry.
Great Company
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MIJune 27, 2016
Real Estate One Clarkston has a great team! There are so many in the office willing to help. It is not your typical cut throat company.
Pros
Location, Broker, Friendly Staff
Independent, solid firm
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 18, 2016
There are many tools allotted to you through Real Estate One. The only down side is that a huge majority of your commission is taken by the company.
laid back
Real Estate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIMarch 15, 2016
I made my own schedule. I was allowed to leave when the work was done. I enjoyed who I worked with. I learned a lot about real estate and the software used in the business.
Great atmosphere with unlimited ptotential and support
REALTOR (Current Employee) –  St. Clair Shores, MIDecember 29, 2015
As a newer agent, the support and feedback that I have received has been priceless! I would recommend Real Estate One to anybody that is looking to get into the industry.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, plenty of opportunities for new clients
Cons
It takes a long time to get established in the industry, so it's good to have a secondary job at first.
Close-knit workplace with a lot of opportunities with interacting with new people.
Secretary/IT (Former Employee) –  Alpena, MichiganMarch 18, 2014
I began working at the Alpena branch as soon as it opened. I was responsible for helping the new real estate agents move in and was responsible for updating all their listings to several online data bases as well as helping run fundraiser events.Most days involved a lot of database entry with the occasional errand to run such as obtaining keys from other offices and getting pictures of new listings.

Management was very flexible and worked around my school schedule as well as let me come and go as work was completed. The co-workers were great to deal with. Almost everyone there was much older and more experienced than me but treated me with respect.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with how mundane data entry would get after a few hours. I was able to get around this sometimes by volunteering to run errands for the agents. The best part of the job was all the social interactions that came with it and the feeling of the business as a family. We would host many potluck style events at the office where friends and family would all come together to enjoy a parade or another event.
An incredible company to work for
REALTORĀ® (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 15, 2012
A typical day at work is whatever you make it, since real estate salespeople are independent contractors. However, whenever you need help it is there. The training is the best I have ever received, and the company culture is that of friendliness and helpfulness.

The hardest part of the job is finding business, but at the same time it can be the most enjoyable part - if you enjoy challenges, that is.
Pros
great company culture
Cons
no insurance benefits (health, dental, etc.)
Great for entry-level experience
eMarketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milford, MIJanuary 27, 2015
Great place to get experience
Fantastic work environment
A sense of community
Pros
experience, community, learning
Cons
management, benefits, compensation
The hardest part of the job.
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 11, 2015
When in Real Estate you always have to watch out for your competitors. Other agents would try and take your clients from you behind your back. We work on commission so getting a steady paycheck is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
You can set your own schedule.
Cons
Some months with no paycheck and you still have dues to pay to the broker.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIDecember 14, 2015
All of the agents are very nice and helpful. My boss was very nice, however with the job I was doing, it was difficult it take any time off.
Stunning - very great people!
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MINovember 29, 2015
Very qualified, seasoned real estate aficionados - it doesn't get better. Out of sight! Best people, best product. Nothing better than working with the best!
Real Estate One is an A-1 company to work for.
Associate Broker (Current Employee) –  Southgate, MIOctober 8, 2012
The training and education benefits of working at Real Estate One cannot be surpassed by any company. The hardest part of the rea estate business is the bank owned properties and their lack of communication and response times. The best is the smiles on the faces of someone closing on their first home.
Pros
no time clock
Cons
commission only income
NIce organization to work for
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 15, 2015
Company has many opportunities available for new and existing Realtor's to help them become the best in their field. However, Realtor's will pay extensively for these services and should have some financial foundation to help support themselves until their client base takes off, which could take several years. Additionally, customers are unrealistic with their expectations, of both the purchasing and selling process and often expect Realtor to work for less money.
Pros
New and cutting edge programs for Realtor's.
Cons
High company expenses, and unrealistic customer expectations
Productive and fun place to work
Marketing and Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIMay 1, 2015
Over 80 agents work out of the Rochester Office. Everyone gets along very well. Management and staff are knowledgable, helpful, and enjoy being at the office. Very productive work environment with very successful realtors.
Great income potential with flexibility in working hours
REALTOR (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 4, 2014
As a Realtor I am an independent contractor. I work for myself. My typical day consists of developing and following up on real estate leads, searching for homes for buyers, negotiating sales for my clients, writing purchase agreements, addendums and other documentation and marketing my business.
Being in RealEstate has taught me negotiating skills, patience, customer service, conflict management and to pay close attention to details.
I have very supportive co-workers at RealEstate One. I have encountered other Realtors at other agencies to be difficult to work with but that has taught me how to resolve conflicts in a productive manner.
The hardest part of the job is investing in clients that may not end up purchasing a home or having sellers that will not do their part to ensure their home is sellable to todays consumer.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping my clients achieve the American Dream of owning a home and helping them achieve their personal and financial goals when selling or buying real estate.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
can work alot of hours including nights and weekends
Professional, Supportive and fun place to work.
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Holt, MIJanuary 15, 2014
I find real estate a challenge with immeasurable rewards. Each day is different and I enjoy having to think on my feet and navigate through the obstacles that come with each new transaction.

The management at Real Estate One 1st, has always been there for training, support and advice. I feel extremely lucky to be surrounded by so many experienced Brokers and fellow sales people.

It's hard to watch a transaction that falls apart for one reason or another but, sometimes it can't be helped. However, the reward of being able to witness the look on someone's face when they step into a house at their first showing and realize at that moment, this isn't just a house, but it's their new home. That is priceless.

I am forever indebted to the staff for their training, patience and support over the years. It has allowed me to become confident in my abilities and hopefully an asset to my Broker and most importantly to my clients.

Real Estate One 1st, LLC is a great place to work.
Pros
opportunity/privilege to work with clients from all walks of life, independent contractor, team member at your franchise office, numerous career paths within the field of real estate, unlimited income potential
Cons
you are solely responsible for your income.
Great Place to Work
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 15, 2015
This company sets the standard, and anyone that would like to work in the industry should look into this company. Plenty of room for growth, and many opportunities available.
Cons
All necessary tools for a successful carreer.
Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 17, 2014
This is a progressive real estate firm with a very attractive sales commission schedule for folks who will work hard. Opportunity for success!
Pros
sales pep rallies!
Unstable environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houghton Lake, MIJanuary 1, 2015
Broker is completely bipolar. You never know what the mood will be from one minute to the next. Constantly told to do personal errands that are not business related. Never really get a day off because you get bombarded with phone calls at all hours. Even after I left I was getting phone calls asking how to handle certain tasks.
Pros
agents are mostly very nice
Cons
broker is insane
ok to work for
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 25, 2014
management was involved and helpful about employee needs and concerns, good job culture
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks

4.2