Real Goods Solar Employee Reviews

Free Spirited Work Environment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Bay, FLDecember 9, 2014
Very lose in restraint, management was great, environment was not stuffy, co-workers were very helpful. Too bad this company has a bad reputation for laying people off.
Pros
great management team.
Cons
lay offs
Oldest company around still shows growing pains
Solar Power Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 20, 2014
Very positive motivation to help empower clients while helping better the environment is what drives the work. Riding the "Solar Coaster" is a continuous challenge, and it is unfortunate that commission based sales carries a disproportionate impact from this at this company.
productive and fun work place.
Solar Installer (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 13, 2014
I've learned a lot about solar installing being in RGS. My co-workers are friendly, helpful, punctual, and respectful. they lend a hand when someone is in need, and still manage to get everything done. on time.
Inundated New York, Long Island, New Jersey
Energy Broker (Current Employee) –  Metro NewYorkApril 24, 2014
Your expected to go from your front door to a customer who might live 50 miles away. Customers calling where are you , You can expect to put wear and tear on your vehicle.You can have a day of inundated emails from Head quarters telling you where to go. You have no say. Just go and sell solar to a house with shade over its roof. The customer might take the tree down. Now lets drive a 70 mile round trip and find out they rent. Doesn't matter Inside callers are your bosses.Do a Trade show that takes away from your customers who are still waiting for a consultation. Mangers are so busy themselves they have no time to help .It all trickles down to where the customer suffers the most. Solution need more people on the team to succeed.
Pros
great home owners
Cons
communication with market manager .pull a rabbit out of hat would be easier.
A great learning experiance!
Installation Tech (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2014
Loading truck up for daily operation. Carrying panels to roof tops Responsible for quality of installation, timely job completion and customer satisfaction
Working closely with contractors and customer to ensure proper installation technics where being followed, along with
bending Conduit .
Pros
4 10 hour days
Cons
healthcare!
Canvassing for Solar!
Solar Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Part-time position where I would prequalify home owners for various solar power leasing options and educate them on the potential benefits associated with going solar. In this position, I advanced my knowledge of the solar photovoltaic industry, learned how to spark interest and how to answer a wide range of solar related inquiries.
Pros
experience
Cons
compensation
Nice place to sell solar
Solar Power Consultant (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 8, 2013
Real Goods wrote the book on solar and they continue to write more successful stories everyday by helping homeowners go solar.

The company has great products and outstanding industry experience. Good compensation structure & excellent employees.
Pros
compensation
Cons
instability in solar market
Great company, great team.
Residential Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COSeptember 16, 2012
This company presented me the fantastic opportunity to relocate to beautiful Colorado and I would have stayed there for years to come if I had the chance. My time was cut short there through no fault of my own and I wish them the best of luck into the future.
Pros
great work environment, great team of well educated individuals, custom work on each job & feel good factor working with renewable energy.