Real Goods Solar

Real Goods Solar Employer Reviews

productive and fun work place.
Solar Installer (Current Employee), Murrieta, CAMay 13, 2014
I've learned a lot about solar installing being in RGS. My co-workers are friendly, helpful, punctual, and respectful. they lend a hand when someone is in need, and still manage to get everything done. on time.
Inundated New York, Long Island, New Jersey
Energy Broker (Current Employee), Metro NewYorkApril 24, 2014
Pros: great home owners
Cons: communication with market manager .pull a rabbit out of hat would be easier.
Your expected to go from your front door to a customer who might live 50 miles away. Customers calling where are you , You can expect to put wear and tear on your vehicle.You can have a day of inundated emails from Head quarters telling you where to go. You have no say. Just go and sell solar to a house with shade over its roof. The customer might take – more... the tree down. Now lets drive a 70 mile round trip and find out they rent. Doesn't matter Inside callers are your bosses.Do a Trade show that takes away from your customers who are still waiting for a consultation. Mangers are so busy themselves they have no time to help .It all trickles down to where the customer suffers the most. Solution need more people on the team to succeed. – less
A great learning experiance!
Installation Tech (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 4, 2014
Pros: 4 10 hour days
Cons: healthcare!
Loading truck up for daily operation. Carrying panels to roof tops Responsible for quality of installation, timely job completion and customer satisfaction
Working closely with contractors and customer to ensure proper installation technics where being followed, along with
bending Conduit .
Canvassing for Solar!
Solar Advocate (Former Employee), Santa Cruz, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: compensation
Part-time position where I would prequalify home owners for various solar power leasing options and educate them on the potential benefits associated with going solar. In this position, I advanced my knowledge of the solar photovoltaic industry, learned how to spark interest and how to answer a wide range of solar related inquiries.
Nice place to sell solar
Solar Power Consultant (Current Employee), Murrieta, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: instability in solar market
Real Goods wrote the book on solar and they continue to write more successful stories everyday by helping homeowners go solar.

The company has great products and outstanding industry experience. Good compensation structure & excellent employees.
Great company, great team.
Residential Design Engineer (Former Employee), Louisville, COSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: great work environment, great team of well educated individuals, custom work on each job & feel good factor working with renewable energy.
This company presented me the fantastic opportunity to relocate to beautiful Colorado and I would have stayed there for years to come if I had the chance. My time was cut short there through no fault of my own and I wish them the best of luck into the future.