Directly responsible for the development, administration, coordination and evaluation of company’s Human Resources functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human
Resources, Industrial Relations, Psychology or closely related field
- Master’s degree and/or HR certification
- Experience as an HR leader for an entrepreneurial or start up organization
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus
- previous healthcare experience
- 5 years experience
1) Maintains a thorough working knowledge of employment law (including: EEOC, OSHA, FMLA, ADA, ERISA, FLSA, COBRA, and FL unemployment laws) to provide fiscally and legally prudent coaching and compliance to management.
2) Strives for uniformity and consistency and improved performance across the Agency, giving consideration for past practices.
3) Coordinates human resource functions including recruiting, hiring, performance evaluations, exit interviews and terminations
4) Manages the new hire process, which includes but not limited to preparing new hire and benefits packet, working with IT and Facilities to set up new hire workstation, conducting orientation, processing new hire paperwork, and maintains the employee handbook
5) Actively participates and undertakes actions as necessary to keep accidents, injuries and workers compensation claims to a minimum.
6) Builds organizational capability through ownership of talent management processes including acquisition, assessment, performance management, employee development, succession planning and retention.
7) Drives positive employee relations to provide an optimal work environment for all employees. Effectively deploys communication plans and utilizes assessment tools (e.g. the employee survey) to determine organizational issues and action plans.
8) Maintains the appropriate level of discretion and confidentiality as required as a management employee
9) Serves as a resource for supervisors and managers in handling staff training, problem-solving and consensus-building insuring fair and equitable treatment of staff
10) Formulates policies and procedures for the Human Resource Department and recommends policies and practices to management.
11) Administers human resource policies, programs and practices, including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating and directing.
12) Communicates changes in personnel policies and procedures; ensures proper compliance is followed.
13) Prepares, recommends and maintains records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data.
14) Administers classification programs, which includes classifying and reclassifying positions and writing job descriptions.
15) Administers recruitment activities including posting position opportunities internally and externally, sourcing candidates, conducting background checks, communication with candidates, on-boarding activities, and employee relations.
16) Conducts & designs internal compliance training for both hourly and salaried employees
17) Responsible for human resource recordkeeping and compliance.
Salary based upon experience