Seeking an energetic and professional individual to join our fast paced and dynamic clinical treatment team in our adult mental health, co-facilitated, curriculum based group therapy. The individual will be responsible for promoting a recovery-oriented environment that reflects the needs of the individuals served, the staff providing services and the mission of the organization.
Required: Masters Level Practitioner in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, Clinical
Psychology OR CAP, CAC, CAS
- Counsels clients in group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from mental illness, and adjust to life
- Monitors, evaluates, and records client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan
- Implements behavior modification techniques within individualized treatment plans
- Refers client or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness
- Responsible for increasing patient awareness and abilities in the area of living skills and recreation activities by providing education and information on group basis
- Responsible for planning and implementing a variety of therapeutic programming (education and/or creative activities) to patients with mental health and/or chemical dependency issues
- Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate
- Ensures a mutually supportive atmosphere among consumers and the clinical program team that promotes the provision of quality, consumer-driven group services
- Responsible for communication with MHS team regarding consumer progress
- Ability to effectively engage consumers in a therapeutic relationship.
- Able to work independently, with minimal direction and oversight. Must be a self-starter and a problem solver with the ability to take initiative
- Discusses and evaluates individual and family behavioral, social and psychological issues which affect treatment and progress
- Assists clients to establish plans to address social, cultural, familial and personal factors contributing to substance abuse
- Develops curriculum and resources for specialized training for group educational sessions; obtains specialized training and may develop resources to train other staff; implements and modifies specialized training programs; presents special group training throughout the agency.
- Performs special project assignments such as assisting in developing, implementing and modifying curricula; performing special assignments related to new programs or changes in existing programs; developing and implementing new procedures; participating on committees and task forces; resolving issues in delivery of services and operations
- Reviews work of other lower-level counselors; may schedule special activities for specific program components; may assume responsibilities of other counselors/ workers in their absence
- Completes required progress and incident reports as needed,
- Maintains strict confidentiality of agency and client related information
This is an independent contractor position. Compensation is paid at a flat rate per group. No benefits are available through this position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Indeed - 15 months ago