Real Mex Restaurants Employee Reviews in United States

Not very professional
server (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJanuary 8, 2016
The management was so unprofessional and LAZY. The guest were very cheap and rude and tips were up and down. Very prejudice with workers also showed favoritism towards many workers who have been there longer, showing within the scheduling. Managers are so terrible I wouldnt even bother working here everyone.
Pros
Ok tips
Cons
Favoritism managers, rude guest
very busy every body was friendly
Payroll Representative (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 21, 2015
My day at work is always busy specially on payroll week
and pay day employee call to ask questions about there deduction
specially when whey have levies and child support. I learn a lot about levies and laws on payroll like if employee works seven day in a row even though he did not work more then 40 hrs. the seventh day he has to be pay overt time. I always try to get along with very body at work am a very happy person so I try to transmit it to my coworkers the hardest part in my job is when you try to help some
one and you can not as much as you wanted to.
Pros
we use to get breaskfast every Friday they use it call it" fun friday "
Cons
Variety of projects. Got to meet lots of great people
VP of Training & Development (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 9, 2012
In my position I had the great opportunity to visit many restaurants in several states and meet great people. Implemented several leadership programs. Re-engineered their training department to be able to execute goals
Pros
free meals, car allowance, great benefits
Fun, Fast paced environment - Breakfast served every other Friday!
Team member, corporate office (Current Employee) –  CypressOctober 24, 2012
The RSC or Restaurant Support Center is a fun, fast paced work place where people are treated like family. We work hard, but our work is appreciated and we go above and beyond to support our managers in the field. Our motto is "Si we can!" and we apply that to everything we do. The company is going through a lot of changes, but we have weathered tough economic times in the past and will survive this one too. The best part of the job is the people who work here.
Pros
free breakfast every other friday, meal allowance at the restaurants
Real Mex believes in support it's Team Members (development and fun work environment), genuine Guest service and creating a return on investments.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CaJanuary 18, 2013
Real Mex Restaurants has been a rewarding place to work with leadership that believes in supporting and developing their Team Members. Additionally, everyone believes and strives in delivering upon our hospitality service model to each and every Guest during every visit. My direct team is composed of a fun, hard working, dedicated group of individuals who are passionate about delivering results which in return makes my job rewarding.
Pros
professional development, people, passion for their job, opportunity for advancement, recognition
Great career growth potential
Sr. Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Cypress CAJanuary 15, 2013
I've been with RMR for the past 14 yrs now and feel as though I joined the team only yesterday. It is a family type environment in the Restaurant Support Center and a "Fiesta" in the field. I've learned so much pertaining to Risk Management, Recruitment and Employee Relations and can't wait to see what else my future here holds in store for me. My superiors have been supportive throughout and care about my developmental growth. My co-workers are a pleasure to work with and we have a strong TEAM environment both at the restaurant support center and at the field alike. I simply LOVE working for RMR.
Pros
fun friday every pay week!!!
A company that believes in the FISH philosophy and creates an environment of accountability with a sincere, caring philosophy.
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco/Bay Area and Portland, OregonJanuary 15, 2013
An excellent company to grow your career with and move up in the company. Great leadership that values training and development and takes care of their people. My co-workers challenge me in a fun, competive manner that keeps me motivated.
Pros
good benefit packages and rewards people for meeting goals. has units in several different states.
Cons
includes traveling
Great opportunities
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Bay AreaJanuary 21, 2013
I have been working for Real Mex Restaurants for over 1 and 1/2 years. They have allowed me the autonomy of implementing different ideas to allow for sales growth. They have also helped me advance my career, I look forward to becoming a VP of operations in the next five years.
Pros
great opportunity to make a difference
Fun work environment with a great culture and room for growth
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2013
I started with our company as a server 11 years ago. I have been allowed to grow from hourly postions, to a manager, to a GM for one of our top stores. From there I was able to advance to our training department and then to a Regional Director. This a great company to work for; we have fun, we are proud to make fresh, handmade food everyday and strive to have the best hospitality around.
Pros
great leadership team from the top down, room to advance and a fun work place
Great place to work!
Field (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 21, 2012
I am a long-term employee and really love working here. The people are great, the food is great and it's just been an overall wonderful experience. I have learned so much over the years and look forward to my continued career growth with Real Mex.
Pros
people, great food, opportunity
A company that cares! Great Environment
Training & Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CypressJanuary 30, 2013
Great management team. I've never worked at a place where they actually care about their employees. Fun working environment, great people!
Pros
they cater breakfast/lunch for everyone every other week.
horrible place to work
restaurant manager (Current Employee) –  L.A.February 9, 2013
Dont take a job here, the pay is sub par the monthly bonus non exsistence and then they make you think there is something wrong you because you dont stay positive, when you question why you werent paid.
Great office moral
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 23, 2012
Management was wonderful and they interacted often with all levels of personnel.
Great people
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAOctober 30, 2012
I have enjoyed working for the company and learning all about full service. I mostly enjoy and appreciate the people that I work with.
Pros
people, free great food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Real Mex Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3