RealFoundations is a global professional services firm focused on the real estate and building industries. Our mission is to deliver business innovation, process optimization and technology solutions to companies that invest in, own, occupy, manage or develop real estate. Through our offices in key cities in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia and India, we have the reach and resources to deliver services to our clients around the globe.
RealFoundations delivers a range of Managed Services solutions tailored to the needs of the real estate industry including full service accounting, lease abstraction and administration, software application and IT support and energy analytics. We leverage our deep expertise in real estate technology applications, real estate business processes and leading practices to deliver high-quality, cost-effective solutions to meet the needs of our clients.
About the position
The Client Accounting Services Director will be responsible for delivering world class Client Accounting Services to meet client objectives by managing a team of geographically dispersed resources.
In conjunction with senior management and account managers, key objectives include:
- Delivering high-quality, value-added services to our clients internationally.
- Achieving our overall business and economic objectives for this service line.
- Understanding and managing the various risks of this service line.
- Continuously improving our operating practices and service delivery capabilities.
- Creating a supportive environment for our team consistent with RealFoundations’ culture.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Client Accounting Services group and ensure the delivery of high quality services on time and on budget by effectively managing geographically dispersed resources.
- Design, document and implement leading edge accounting and business practices and continuously innovate and improve the operating practices and capabilities of the group. Such practices may involve integration and collaboration between internal, external and client resources or identification of opportunities for alternative sourcing models.
- Ensure design, documentation and execution of appropriate internal controls, and work with auditors, as applicable, to meet related reporting requirements.
- Engage with senior management to understand resource requirements and proactively acquire appropriate internal and external resources, including international resources, required to deliver services.
- Attract, train, motivate and retain high quality team members.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions and processes and procedures documentation.
- Oversee various affiliated and external, including international, service providers.
- Ensure contract compliance and identify and work with applicable team members and client to satisfactorily resolve service scope deviations requested by client.
- Ensure that client personnel are appropriately trained, integrated and held accountable for their responsibilities when our performance is dependent on their compliance with applicable procedures and deadlines and appropriately resolve related issues.
- Collaborate with Account Managers or, if applicable, serve as primary contact with client, to ensure delivery of services in conformity with contract requirements and to ensure client is well informed about relevant matters.
- Manage internal and external service provider relationships in support of a range of managed services.
- Collaborate with RealFoundations business development and management executives to qualify and structure managed services opportunities including careful analysis during contract negotiations.
- Support monthly billing and other on-going administrative activities.
- Keep senior management and team informed of relevant matters.
- Perform such other duties as may be reasonably required to support achievement of the position objectives.
- Previous experience growing and operating a large shared services or internal accounting function required.
- Previous experience working with offshore resources strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, management reporting and operating practices in the real estate industry.
- Advanced process and procedure design, documentation and implementation skills required with applicable knowledge in the real estate industry strongly preferred.
- Knowledge about relevant accounting and technology solutions and leading business practices used in the real estate industry preferred.
- Knowledge about internal controls and related reporting requirements.
- Strong management, negotiating, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex client assignments by integrating internal, external and client resources.
- Ability to lead or influence resources not directly controlled by RealFoundations including clients, partners and vendors.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis, resource planning and acquisition, and other general management activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or related field required.
- C.P.A. or other applicable professional designations preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- People management and team building skills.
- Ability to travel, as needed, both domestically and internationally.
We offer excellent salary and benefits packages. RealFoundations is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Please apply via our Careers Website at www.realfoundations.net/abt/rf_career.htm