Realgy Energy Services provides retail energy sales of natural gas, electricity and energy information primarily to business. By using our proprietary software we can save our customers money on their energy purchases and document it. While we have 10+ years in business with a credit line of $60+ million with our wholesalers (including British Petroleum); we are growing like a start-up; #180 on Inc. 500 list while retaining an A+ rating with BBB.
If you would like to join such a company as part of a development team in the creation a new application (complete rework of our business software after 10 years of refactoring) using current technologies and practices then please read on.
As part of the software development team you will help implement the new distributed SOA business application. During development your participation will include design as you gain hands-on experience in taking a shared design through the entire software life cycle including coding, deploying and troubleshooting. As part of the design and implementation, you will be asked to evaluate possible solutions based on needs of the business and the possible different tradeoffs that could be made. Sound generic right?.....it's actually what we do.
The design process is following the principles in Domain Driven Design by Eric Evans and its implementation by Vaughn Vernon. In practice this means; the developer works with and understands the business so that an appropriate solution is implemented. (search DDD as it includes agile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=502ILHjX9EE)
The ongoing development team includes;
- Senior management (domain experts)
- Software Manager
- DDD consultant
- Developers; core Domain as well as translation and communication between parties
- UI developer; will create experiences for each user group/platform
Essential skill experiences (as in don't try to bluff these):
- 1. Computer Science degree (or equal)
- 2. Professional desire to learn & expand your skills (as seen in your history)
- 3. C#/.Net
- 4. Understanding/Experience working with distributed components and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- 5. DDD design requires your presence, DO NOT apply unless you are local
Additional relevant skills/experience (that will be enhanced or learned):
- Service Bus(s) (Nservicebus, Mass Transit, Windows Service Bus)
- Automated deployment (TFS, Build City) and testing frameworks (Nunit)
- EDI, WCF
- User Interface (user experience) development
- SQL & NoSQL database technologies
- EventStore & CQRS
A small but growing office (23 employees locally) that is conveniently located that practices casual dress. Work will have results as we will transition to application; we use to perform sales, provide customer support and perform billing. You will be a hero (no capes). Growth is occurring at a rate of over 100% per year and we see this accelerating.
1. Salary; up to $105,000 + bonuses
2. Health care
3. Flexible spending accounts
4. 401k with 100% company match
5. Vacation and personal time
6. Company profit sharing (has contributed 20%+ of salary each of last 3 years)
7. 529 college savings program