If you can be the technical lead in the creation of a new application using current technologies and practices then please read on.
Realgy Energy Services provides retail energy sales of natural gas, electricity and energy information primarily to business. By using our proprietary software we can save our customers money on their energy purchases and document it. While we have 10+ years in business with a credit line of $60+ million with our wholesalers (British Petroleum) and we are growing like a start-up; #180 on Inc. 500 list while retaining an A rating with BBB.
The position’s responsibilities will require the experience gained as a good software programmer; meaning architect separation and modeling capability is understood. The goal is to particpate in the design process and then write the code to create the new business application.
The design process will follow the principles in Domain Driven Design; Eric Evans and Service Oriented Architecture; Udi Dahan (as we interpret for implementation). That is; the architect will lead the design process, the business experts (domain experts) will define our business and the Senior Developer will write the programming code. The architect is experienced with the technology stack and implementations of larger scope and complexity.
The expected work flow is as follows;
- Each design phase: work directly with domain expert(s) and architect to create the sequence diagrams.
- The sequence diagrams will be challenged and refined until they can be used to create the logic programming utilizing .net. The programming style will follow Service Orientated Architecture (plain language rules). Unit testing will be written as part of the CORE code.
- Messaging between other services and within the core will be completed utilizing NServiceBus.
- Sequential releases of the programing will be promoted into production combining the UI, CODEC(s) between services and CORE.
Resources that will be part of the ongoing development team include;
- Senior managment (domain experts)
- James Nugent, architect
- Junior programmers; the core logic will call out numerous functions requiring translation and communication between various parties (CODEC)
- UI developer; will create experiences for each user group/platform
Essential skill experiences include:
- Event sequencing
Likely software stack: .Net, RavenDB, Document store to be used (in addition to SQL Server 2010), NServiceBus
A small but growing office (20 employees locally), convenient location and casual dress. Work will have immediate results; applications enable others to perform sales, provide customer support and perform billing. You will be a hero (no capes). Growth is occurring at a rate of over 100% per year and we see this accelerating.
1. Salary; $120,000 + bonuses
2. Health care, Realgy pays 50% of health care
3. Flexible spending accounts
4. 401k with 100% company match up to 6%
5. Vacation and personal time
6. Company profit sharing (has contributed 20% of salary each of last 3 years)