RealNetworks Employee Reviews in United States

Good work culture and great benefits
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2015
RealNteworks strives to keep its employees happy, and has a generous benefits package. Work hours can be long sometimes, because RealNetworks is trying to re-invent itself and is not yet profitable.
tons of works to work but less chance to grow
QA & Product support Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
team has ton of works to enhance the platform but seem company profit getting decreased. did not get much chance for promotion or raise. No chance to learn and grow your career within the company.
Great environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 4, 2016
Great office environment - only a contractor there but was welcomed by all. Large assortment of food and a great view at the time
Pros
Lunch, view, co-workers, office
Cons
Enjoyable creative enviorment where I was able to grow
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle WASeptember 23, 2014
During a typical day at work I answered and routed incoming calls to the appropriate person, greeted guests, helped them sign into the badging system and contacted their host, answered employees' questions from where things were located to how to book a conference room in calendar. I also took on any additional work that my team members needed help with.
I learned a lot about the interworking's of a building since I worked in facilities. I also learned about the relationships between different departments and how they work together to keep a company running smoothly.
Management changed a couple of times during my employment. Some were more helpful and better communicators than others. They were all fair and good managers in my experience.
Dealing with upset customers over the reception phone. This was because I was not able to help them.
The people there are amazing. Both the employees and most of the guests. It was a very happy place to work. I tried to keep the reception area an inviting and low stress area so that people can start their day on a positive note.
Pros
great benifits and time off
Cons
lack of comunication.
Poorly managed company with lots of money.
contractor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 4, 2014
This is a very top-down company. The vision is stifled due to a drive to appease higher-ups. Managers are constantly in the mode of protecting themselves from work, and often don't support the team. Project managers often don't properly support the projects they head, this is relatively common at RealNetworks. However, the facilities are great and the pay was good.
Pros
free breakfast/snacks
Cons
very bad management team
This company has an awesome culture!
HRIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 6, 2014
I really love the people at this company. My everyday life is to give 100% with ultimate customer service. The management makes sure that we are communicated on the happenings of the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is providing employees with great service.
Good technology, poor use of my skills
Product Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 29, 2013
Interesting internship opportunity while getting my MBA. They didn't make good use of my talents or skills however. My manager was traveling and out of the office most of the time I was there that summer.
A company with a lot of great intelligent people and a ton of areas to work in
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2012
A company that is invested into many areas, which provides a lot of opportunity to stretch and grow
Fun place with nice people but declining business
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 1, 2012
It is a friendly place to work with people who like each other and collaborate. There is mobility within the company.
Pros
lunchroom with subsidized lunches, waterfront location
Cons
lay-offs
RealNetworks
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 17, 2014
We were a smaller company who got bought by Real Networks. Real Networks is a Seattle based company.
Interesting
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 1, 2014
It was interesting to work there. I learned lot of new technologies and lessons working there.
good one
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2013
Developing BI Queue Reader and data transforming based on Teradata and Oracle using JAVA/J2EE based EDW/BI system (Zabbix+Teradata+Oracle+SonicMQ) for Real Networks.