RealPage, Inc Employee Reviews

Can be fun at times
Market Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 24, 2017
-taking marketing calls & making sure the caller is satisfied.
-learned how to deal with rude callers.
-the management is good here cant complain.
-hardest part was dealing with callers that were rude & not being able to give them answers I did not have.
-the best part was talking to callers & having great conversations.
Pros
They fed us
Cons
the insurance was not good
Good Company To Work With
Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 14, 2016
I enjoyed my time with RealPage and felt that the management was great. The hardest part of the job was working with the various silo'd departments.
Good people, solid growth
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Great people who do a good job. Normal working hours. Solid team members. Executives know what to do to grow the company and not afraid to make tough decisions.
Its a job
Sr. Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 5, 2016
I have already reviewed this company in my previous job. However, it was a joy working with the people I met. I learned a lot when I first came on board. Once they transitioned over to the automated system things changed and became less of a challenge.
Pros
Coworker
Cons
Non challenging
Decent Pay/Bonuses/Overtime but Horrible Scheduling and Morale.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 23, 2016
Worked here for a year and a half. Pay was decent, during the summer months we were really busy and was offered a lot of overtime. Call Center was open from 8 am to 10 pm everyday (including holidays). Apparently people call for apartments after the office closes. Overtime was great during the summer, we got a bonus if we came to work everyday, usually around $25, and they had bonuses for people who had good scores on their QA.

When you get out of training they give you a standard schedule of 11am to 7:30pm. Upon request or with tenure your schedule can change to an earlier schedule. I put in 5 requests after Ive been there for 6 months to change my schedule and they either forget to change my schedule or they never change it at all. You sometimes get yelled at by customers on the phone because they are mad because they called a call center or that we do not know any information at all. I have had to literally hang up on people because I could not deal with their attitudes. One girl left out the door crying because she had a "mental breakdown" (it was her first call center job), people have left the next few days after they were hired because they could not handle the call flow. I think if I go back I don't think anyone would still be there that I knew before.

After getting fed up with the department, I tried other departments that were suitable with the schedule. Unfortunately even though we were in the Real Page Family, no other departments would consider me even though I showed up to work and was a good employee. Moral of the story is if you work for Real Page do
  more... not expect anything but extra money and to stay in the same department for years.

Before I left they did some changes as in switching managers and leaders so maybe things have changed. Im not sure, but hopefully things will get better. I would recommend if you are trying to get call center experience as this will get you experience.
Pros
Decent Pay/Bonuses/Overtime
Cons
Horrible Scheduling and Morale
Fun workplace
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTMay 16, 2016
Overall good work experience - Many amicable co workers - This job provided ample career advancement opportunities. Also had genuinely appreciative customers base.
Could have chosen better culture and environment.
National Account Executive (Corporate) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2015
Very poor culture in my opinion. Coming from IBM, I was promised the world but the company did not deliver. Unorganized and feel like a remote employee that is stranded on an island.
Productive and very nice and fun place to work
Offsite Service/Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 3, 2015
Although the job was extremely busy, we did have fun. very creative and social gathering on the job. the most enjoyable part of the job was when employees were rewarded for their accomplishments and their goals for the day, week and month were met.
Pros
Free snacks during shift
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
RealPage employees are a dedicated hard working team
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 3, 2015
RealPage has had tremendous growth. The entire team is a dedicated hard working team focused on the future of the company.
Pros
Above average compensation
Cons
on call 24/7, Difficult deadlines
Productive and fast-moving work environment
Velocity Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 7, 2015
Professional work environment with supportive management, they are big advocates of personal growth. Fast growing company with many great opportunities.
3 VP changes in 2 years
Product Support IT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2015
Product support has been going through lots of changes in the past 3 years. There is no vision or consistency. The last VP is smart and has some vision. Changes continue but execution is lacking.
Pros
Manager was great
Cons
Pay is to low
Overall nice place to work.
Billing Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 20, 2015
Heavy client, utility vendor interactions on a daily basis. Reviewing accounts for missing invoices, payments, etc.

The most time consuming part of the job is the many emails that you have to respond to and or research information, resolve billing inquiries that are outside the norm.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
poor and costly health benefits
No Consistency among senior management
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  CarrolltonJuly 20, 2015
The Company has shown a lot of growth mostly through acquisitions. Senior management has been a revolving door over the past few year. They are trying to improve the culture of the company but they don't seem to understand how to improve it. The current culture is one of friction and in little to no cooperation between different departments. Blaming someone else when an issue arises is just as good as fixing the problem.
Pros
New facilities, good products, strong middle management
Cons
Mediocre benefits, no clear vision, uncaring senior management
Good Work / Life Balance
Implementations Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 12, 2015
- Poor compensation / benefits
- Few opportunities to grow within the company
- Occasional employee events
- Good work / life balance
- Work was not challenging for this specific role
- Few meetings
Pros
Work / Life Balance
A good environment, help is readily available!
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 29, 2015
RealPage is a good steady form of employment. They offer good work/life balance. The training is top notch and the management team is highly efficient and attentive. The majority of the day is spent answering in-bound calls to aid prospective tenants in choosing our clients communities over the competition. The most enjoyable aspect of the work is providing the caller with the information they need to make their decision and be excited about visiting the community. The hardest part of the job is balancing the internal desire to use our own judgement and common sense when dealing with a caller. In many cases our callers have a lot of information about the community before hand and would just like a little bit more. It is not uncommon for the callers to become upset with the agent at RealPage due to their routinized questions and marketing efforts. The goal of RealPage is promote callers to visit the community, however because the agent must follow a strict guideline, they run the risk of turning away potential tenants if that caller is only concerned with specific information.
Good Pay Only
Test Automation Lead/Architect (Test Engineer III) (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 3, 2015
They pay well but every other aspect of this company is horrible. Do not work here unless you can find nothing else. Management is clueless and if they can send your work to their India division they will.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Ineffective company wins due to lack of competition
SR. DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 28, 2015
Realpage dominates an industry that is difficult and out-dated.

This has allowed for Realpage to gobble up and start-ups and continue to grow.

Apartment companies have little idea on how to build software so Realpage can deliver a sub-par product and still win.

Overall the management is known to be extremely political and people will get pushed out quickly if they aren't on-board.

Lots of companies are acquired every year and Realpage is the worst company I've ever seen at integrations. It makes for no centralized systems and months of wait time for simple product developments.
Pros
Lots of products
Cons
disjointed company
Leadership
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMarch 12, 2015
The internal leadership of RealPage is severely lacking. Management changes frequently, leaving associate employees unsure of the chain of command.
Great company with exceptional growth potential
Director (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 4, 2015
Place with decent work life balance;
Great opportunities for advancement
Multiple changes in management sometimes affecting morale and assurance/confidence of job security
Good place to work just not sure of the stability.
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2015
I'm hourly and had a good set time of 8-5pm.
Manage tickets and overall 1st line of user issues.
I learned a lot of new skills in a corporate level at this company from a tech. stand point.
By far, the best part was working with the people. Everyone has different ideas and that made it fun and exciting.
The hardest part has to be the lack of confidence in the company. Always unsure what the corporate headquarters were planning to do and change, and you hoped it was the right decision they decided to make.
I really enjoyed my co-workers. That's the best part.
Pros
Co-workers and learning new technology.
Cons
Upper, upper management, confidence in the company, lack of stability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RealPage, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9