RealPage Employee Reviews in United States

Toxic company with poor leadership
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 29, 2016
RealPage's poor leadership is suffocating. Not one leader knows what it will take to get this company out of the pits and into positive revenue. The various departments operate in silos and duplicating effort and creating disjointed experiences for the customers. There is no respect for work life balance because the company is understaffed. The expectation is for you to work 14 hr days every day with no appreciation. I'm disappointed with RealPage, and hope and pray someday they will be able to dig themselves out of the grave they are creating.
Pros
talented coworkers, free coffee
Cons
poor benefits, too many VPs, operates in silos
Better than most call centers
Licensed Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 7, 2016
Day time job in the insurance department
Upper management asks for employee input
Freebees from insurance companies
if you are forced overtime they provide food.
benefits are good
closed on holidays
heavy call volume
good pay plus commission
Pros
Good to employees
Cons
heavy call volume
Good Practice For Entry Level
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJanuary 5, 2016
Overall i would say the company is good.. the company recently went under New Management. The attendance policy changed a bit but overall a good place... the only down side other than the benefits and the money is that the people that work in the company which are not professional.. there turn over rate is high and now they are just hiring any and everything..

when i first started it was peaceful and a good work environment overall. but as soon as others were hired on due to everyone quitting all the time they just started hiring anyone who could pass a drug test if you know what im saying...

The call center work environment is now loud... the work place cant stay neat either.
Pros
free lunches, and approved time off when it approved (paid)
Cons
short break, loud people, rough environment.
funw work place
Developer II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2016
love to work in this company, as my project is coming to end i am looking for new product,

the wok culture is good, and good expose our thoughts, highly encouraged management both in learning as well know ledge sharing
Do not work here... save yourself.
marketing associate (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 6, 2015
This job was not what I expected it to be. The management is terrible and the calls are difficult to take with little downtime. The pay is okayish but there isn't any room for advancement or room to make more after good service. I am still employed with them, but am applying to multiple jobs everyday in the hopes of something else.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else.
Marketing associate
Marketing associate (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCOctober 19, 2015
Training makes the job seem better than what it is. One phone call requires so much criteria and you lose points if you do not follow their guidelines. You are on the phone ALL DAY and the phone calls are back to back. Majority of the time people already know what they are calling for and just want more specifics. It's embarrassing when you have to act like you are in a particular state and they find out you're not so the customers are like ummm ok I don't want to speak with you lol. I'm more of a face to face person. I didn't enjoy this environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks
Just not the right fit
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  CarrolltonOctober 7, 2015
Working at RealPage is alright, it's just not for me. The management is great and try to help you be the best you can be, I just get tired of constantly talking on the phone. They also don't tell you that this is NOT a customer service industry, it's all about creating a conversation, but in the end you're not there to answer all of the caller's questions, just to pre-qualify them for apartment communities and try to convince them to visit with the onsite team.
Pros
Great benefits and great managers
Cons
Back to back calls with rude callers can get pretty frustrating.
Up and Down
Implementation Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TexasSeptember 30, 2015
After working for this company, I realize that it has its ups and downs. Lots of management changes on a regular basis. In all departments, including HR.
Pros: Great co-workers with lots of moral. Can advance depending on what level you enter the company at.
Cons: Pay is not comparable to the job. Work life balance suffers alot. Yearly raises are normally biased. Lots of politics. Management not very hands on.
Pros
Co-workers, advancement opportunities
Cons
work life balance, pay
The best company
Master Marketing Associate/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 27, 2015
I believe Realpage was the best company I have worked for so far in Greenville sc. They care about their employees truly and appreciate all the work they do.
Pros
Cons
Changes in Adherence policy
IT management needs some help
DBA (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 21, 2015
Too many "old boy" in leadership positions who have never worked at any where but RealPage and are not experienced enough to lead such a large, complex environment.
Fun place to work
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 14, 2015
Nice place to work, only downside is very rigorous work depending on time of year. They are nice but are not understanding of personal conflicts.
Fun atmophere
Maintenance Assoicate (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 4, 2015
I love working for this company. The management team is awesome. I have learned so much in my short time there. The company is growing providing new opportunities for the employees.
Good company
OpsTechnology Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 4, 2015
RealPage is a great company. It offers great products that can easily be sold. Good work environment. 401K is not so great.
Great Job
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 9, 2015
Basically selling apartment, condos, etc...great co workers, learned how to sale, enjoyed the company meetings.. a lot of growth in the company
Pros
food station on site less travel
OK place to work
Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJune 8, 2015
Answer emails, setting up properties with Lead2Lease, QA other co workers work. I learned how to work in a fast pace environment, and adapt to constant change. My co-workers are really nice people to work with. The hardest part of the job is receiving assignments late in the month and asked to finish them before the end of the month to meet our quota. It required overtime. I always meet the deadline. I enjoy my coworkers we enjoyed working together. We did lunch together most days and happy hour on Fridays. I am currently employed my Job is being outsourced at the end of June.
Pros
Enjoyed Co workers. we also had the privilege of working from home
Cons
Management changed every 3 months.
Management could be better
Client Success Manager IV (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 9, 2015
Goals not always clear.
Management changes often (12 managers in 4 years)
No chain of command.
Good Pay, stable benefits
Pros
stable pay
Cons
constant change (weekly) to see if something will "stick"
Don't work here
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Greer, South CarolinaApril 29, 2015
This is the worst company to work for. The training does not prepare you for taking live calls. The only response you get is, forget what you just learned in training? You are glued to a sit for the whole day. Any second you are not taking calls and off your phone, you will be penalized. If you have a rude prospect, there could be seconds between the next call, without time to recover from the previous. You have to pretend to be in places you are not, and you get penalized for giving out the number to people that can actually help them.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Good luck in trying to request a day off
great place to consult
Senior Director Product Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2015
Travel is a way of life for this job. Spend a year in Miami. Great management when working with a tough customer. Got to work with many major players in the telecommunications sector.
Pros
Tons of airline miles
Cons
company folded after contract ended
RealPage was a decent place to worl
Vendor Compliance Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 3, 2015
Your usual day was busy on the phones all day in my department. I learned a lot about customer service. Management was poor. I had some great co-workers and some were annoying. The hardest part of the job was dealing with annoying and angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a customer get approved and having so great co-workers.
Fun and exciting work environment.
OPS Technology/Purchasing Support (Current Employee) –  Carrollton txJanuary 28, 2015
A typical work day would be working closely with my team to resolve customer account issues. I learned how important it is to handle every customer with excellence. The management staff was approachable and helpful. My co-workers were great team players. The hardest part of my job was the distance I drove to work. The most enjoyable part of my job....it was worth the drive.
Pros
free lunch some days, breakfast, pot lucks, open door policy, mangers work on the floor with reps.
Cons
not enough coverage, overload in work, tools are not up to date or proficient of the clients, something is always down