RealPage Employee Reviews

Toxic company with poor leadership
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 29, 2016
RealPage's poor leadership is suffocating. Not one leader knows what it will take to get this company out of the pits and into positive revenue. The various departments operate in silos and duplicating effort and creating disjointed experiences for the customers. There is no respect for work life balance because the company is understaffed. The expectation is for you to work 14 hr days every day with no appreciation. I'm disappointed with RealPage, and hope and pray someday they will be able to dig themselves out of the grave they are creating.
Pros
talented coworkers, free coffee
Cons
poor benefits, too many VPs, operates in silos
Great company to work for, but need change in internal communication and compensation plan.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 10, 2016
Day to day in the inside sales role is fairly laid back in management style, but often frustrating because of the lack of internal communication between management, product groups, and sales team. The inside sales role requires outbound phone calls to current customers, with the goal of selling them additional software. It is a consultative sales approach, which I had to pretty much learn through trial and error, as the company does not have an adequate training program in place. Management and coworkers are awesome to work with.
Pros
Laid back, no micro-managing, ability to move around in the company
Cons
Not enough training, bad internal communication (working to fix this now though), compensation plan is impossible to figure out
Productive workplace and exciting with ping pong table
New sales (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 11, 2016
This is a great place to start your sales career. The culture is great, room for growth. Industry leader and good company to work for
Great company
Sr. Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time here until they changed management 3 or 4 times. It became difficult to know and understand the leadership within the company. The coworkers were all fun and loving almost like a family. The training was good until they introduced the new automated system and those that originally created the system was no longer with the company. It created a bit of a monster.
Pros
Outstanding work environment
Good Practice For Entry Level
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJanuary 5, 2016
Overall i would say the company is good.. the company recently went under New Management. The attendance policy changed a bit but overall a good place... the only down side other than the benefits and the money is that the people that work in the company which are not professional.. there turn over rate is high and now they are just hiring any and everything..

when i first started it was peaceful and a good work environment overall. but as soon as others were hired on due to everyone quitting all the time they just started hiring anyone who could pass a drug test if you know what im saying...

The call center work environment is now loud... the work place cant stay neat either.
Pros
free lunches, and approved time off when it approved (paid)
Cons
short break, loud people, rough environment.
Better than most call centers
Licensed Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 7, 2016
Day time job in the insurance department
Upper management asks for employee input
Freebees from insurance companies
if you are forced overtime they provide food.
benefits are good
closed on holidays
heavy call volume
good pay plus commission
Pros
Good to employees
Cons
heavy call volume
Up and Down
Implementation Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TexasSeptember 30, 2015
After working for this company, I realize that it has its ups and downs. Lots of management changes on a regular basis. In all departments, including HR.
Pros: Great co-workers with lots of moral. Can advance depending on what level you enter the company at.
Cons: Pay is not comparable to the job. Work life balance suffers alot. Yearly raises are normally biased. Lots of politics. Management not very hands on.
Pros
Co-workers, advancement opportunities
Cons
work life balance, pay
Company with various job opportunities
Velocity-Documents Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 7, 2016
This company is large and is continuing to grow. They can offer you opportunities to work in many different areas without having to change companies. They have goals to make the company a place you love to work.
funw work place
Developer II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2016
love to work in this company, as my project is coming to end i am looking for new product,

the wok culture is good, and good expose our thoughts, highly encouraged management both in learning as well know ledge sharing
Productive work space geared towards productivity
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2016
Small workspace with a small close team part of a larger cross country company. Encouraged accountability with team members and a positive work culture.
Large Software company with Small company vibe
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Realpage is an ever growing and changing company. It has great opportunities for growth and exposure to many different positions.
Professional and structured work environment
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 6, 2016
I love the organisation as a whole and the business processes. I work with the best people there. Recently moved to a very big and much improved work location in Richardson where the employees will now have so many perks like bigger and better conference rooms, cafeteria and gym.
Just not the right fit
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  CarrolltonOctober 7, 2015
Working at RealPage is alright, it's just not for me. The management is great and try to help you be the best you can be, I just get tired of constantly talking on the phone. They also don't tell you that this is NOT a customer service industry, it's all about creating a conversation, but in the end you're not there to answer all of the caller's questions, just to pre-qualify them for apartment communities and try to convince them to visit with the onsite team.
Pros
Great benefits and great managers
Cons
Back to back calls with rude callers can get pretty frustrating.
Great work environment with great people
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 29, 2016
They training takes a long time, but it is worth it. They are so nice and they really care about their employees. They managers were nothing but supportive and they made sure to help and check in with you until you felt comfortable working on your own. They have constant fun workplace celebrations--like when they celebrated May the Fourth. Its such a fun environment!
Do not work here... save yourself.
marketing associate (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 6, 2015
This job was not what I expected it to be. The management is terrible and the calls are difficult to take with little downtime. The pay is okayish but there isn't any room for advancement or room to make more after good service. I am still employed with them, but am applying to multiple jobs everyday in the hopes of something else.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else.
Unsuccessful company with really bad compensation
account executive (Former Employee) –  AtlantaMay 24, 2013
I worked for Real page for less than a month. Once I realized any great sales person could not be successful. Real page has minimal contracts with communities which basically means you won't get paid commission. Also, they want to treat you like robots & micro manage you with basically paying you minimal wage. I've worked for many companies, but there is NO way to be successful within this company. They give you this great training & then you are set up for failure. Unless, you are looking for $8-10 dollar an hour job & don't mind being micro managed, clocking in & out of a computer all day, this job is for you. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Very low pay & long hours. Lots of extreme micro management.
Management could be better
Client Success Manager IV (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 9, 2015
Goals not always clear.
Management changes often (12 managers in 4 years)
No chain of command.
Good Pay, stable benefits
Pros
stable pay
Cons
constant change (weekly) to see if something will "stick"
Good company
OpsTechnology Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 4, 2015
RealPage is a great company. It offers great products that can easily be sold. Good work environment. 401K is not so great.
OK place to work
Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJune 8, 2015
Answer emails, setting up properties with Lead2Lease, QA other co workers work. I learned how to work in a fast pace environment, and adapt to constant change. My co-workers are really nice people to work with. The hardest part of the job is receiving assignments late in the month and asked to finish them before the end of the month to meet our quota. It required overtime. I always meet the deadline. I enjoy my coworkers we enjoyed working together. We did lunch together most days and happy hour on Fridays. I am currently employed my Job is being outsourced at the end of June.
Pros
Enjoyed Co workers. we also had the privilege of working from home
Cons
Management changed every 3 months.
Fun atmophere
Maintenance Assoicate (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 4, 2015
I love working for this company. The management team is awesome. I have learned so much in my short time there. The company is growing providing new opportunities for the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RealPage. Our community is ready to answer.

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime