Due to growth in our information technology department we are expanding our staff and adding an Application Developer. This position’s primary responsibility is to architect, develop and support our next generation of applications. These applications will consist of both thick and thin client applications along with web, and mobile applications.
The Application Developer will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
The Application Developer must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as have a passion for doing quality work and writing efficient code. The Application Developer must have a demonstrated ability to have a willingness to proactively learn and enhance their skill set.
The position will be based out of midtown Manhattan and spent supporting the organization’s three main facilities located in Queens, midtown Manhattan and Newport, NJ. This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm. Some minor local travel between facilities may be expected.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain thick client and browser-based applications to address business needs.
- Design, develop, and maintain mobile applications for both Andorid and iOS devices.
- Conduct or participate in meetings with organizational stakeholders to:
oUnderstand current data and systems environment.
oDetermine their software needs.
oTranslate those needs into technical specifications.
oBuild applications that meet business requirements.
- Work with IT Management, business users and technical staff to align data with the organization's business and strategic objectives.
- Adhere to project release schedules and provide accurate status updates throughout the process.
- Plan and implement capacity and resource expansion to ensure application scalability.
- Develop test cases and plans; assist with system testing.
- Mentor and cross train other members of the team.
- Provide training the Business Analysts and user community on using your applications.
- Microsoft Visual Studio .Net/Visual Basic (2005, 2010).
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005, 2008, 2010) (T-SQL queries, views, stored procedures, and SSIS).
- Microsoft Sharepoint 2010.
- Experience with or ability to come up to speed quickly on new device platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, and/or Windows Mobile).
- Knowledge of all phases of SDLC and ability to work within SDLC processes
- Overall understanding of web architecture and UI frameworks
- Strong interests in enterprise Web application performance optimization Capability of developing test cases, test infrastructure, and automated tests to benchmark web application performance
- AS/400, Business Objects, Yardi Voyager experience a plus.
- Must be proficient in application and web development using .Net / VB and Visual Studio.
- Must be proficient with object-oriented programming concepts.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to details.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to mentor your peers.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals and groups at various levels, both inside and outside the department.
- Experience with IIS 6 and IIS 7 Configuration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 plus years of technical experience using the core skills outlined above in a large corporate environment.
- At least 5 years of experience in Visual Basic application development.
- At least 2 years of experience in Sharepoint development.
- At least 2 years of experience in .NET web development.
- At least 2 years of relational database programming experience with MS SQL Server.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship. E/O/E
For consideration please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and your resume.