REC Silicon Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of opportunity to grow
Reliability and Systems Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAFebruary 24, 2016
The company has provided lots of opportunities for me to grow and learn the business of maintenance and reliability. The current market conditions for silicon have made it an unstable place to work.
Extraordinary product and business development opportunities for differentiating semi and solar products
Technology Manager REC Silicon (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTFebruary 18, 2016
REC Silicon has great leadership and employees. Extraordinary market opportunity for differentiating and empowering products. Clear technical goals to 4X current business opportunities. Excellent communication and minimal levels of management make for high efficiency and customer responsiveness. Differentiating technology with strategic competitive advantage. The challenge for REC is Chinese government sponsored industry and Chinese tariff on silicon products imported to China from the US. Solar power competitive with hydrocarbon power sources and high power transistors are enabled (6,000 volts) by REC high quality silicon. REC high purity gases are used for film on substrates enabling next generation technologies for semi and solar industries.
Pros
Oportunity to reduce carbpn footprint of power generation, Opportunity to enable next gen electronics and flat pannel view screens.
Cons
Over supply due to size of opportunity and China government support/substities.
Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  WashingtonNovember 3, 2015
Enjoy teaching others about industrial equipment and how to operate it safely.

Enjoy writing procedures and policies that help us work better and safer.

Look forward to being at work everyday.
Pros
Great work opportunities
Cons
None.
Awesome employer, needs to hire a few more employees
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WASeptember 24, 2015
Great place to work, will send you out for training, Great benefits. Management needs to listen to more of employee concerns
Benefits
Cons
Ovetime/Life balance
Exciting technology in advancements to Silicon
Sr Recruiter/ HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WASeptember 5, 2015
A very exciting place to work in developing solar silcon technology. A once in a lifetime opportunity to partner with a combination of Asia, European and American cultures.
Technical and safe
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WASeptember 5, 2015
I worked with a very smart group, and very team driven. The hardest part of the job was the high amount of overtime hours. I learned a great deal at REC, about the manufacture of hazardous chemicals.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Mandatory overtime
not a bad company to work for, if they fix few issue's
Silane operator (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJuly 15, 2015
Good place to start you carrier and get experience but there is always uncertainty when the next round of lay offs is coming
Pros
compensation
Cons
always worried about lay offs
Great work people and good work place.
Silane Operator (Current Employee) –  Moses LakeJune 22, 2015
Typical day at work here at REC is busy and challenging due to our corrosive process, good relations with co-workers and management. I enjoy being part of this work group were my opinion counts. .
Pros
Great pay and great people
Cons
Employee turn-around
Hostile & Childish Work Environment
i/e Technician (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAMay 20, 2015
Safety is #1... until it affects production ... Common sense has been discarded by upper management. And there is limited to no availability to advance within the company. Enjoyed my co workers for the most part. A little concerned at times when the shop smelled like a brewery. This was the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job was the complete lack of communication. Poor planning always constituted an emergency. Hope that no one else goes home in a body bag.
Pros
decent pay if you are willing to sacrifice your health/safety
Cons
To many to list....
Perfect Projects
Document Control Manager - IT Manager (Former Employee) –  WashingtonSeptember 21, 2014
REC Plants were ideal, perfect design and execution. Management was best in the company.
Pros
everything
Okay Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJune 14, 2014
A job that pays well for the area. Great co-workers and good rotating schedule.
Hard working, self starter, team player
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAApril 16, 2014
I like New Plant and unit start-ups, Training new operation teams, Working the Bugs out of the new sysytems, optimizing the process and proccess control. I have had the opportunity to work on 8 new plant commissioning and start-up.
Pros
fast pace, never do the same thing twice
Cons
high stress, long hours.
Hard Work and fulfilling
Silane Operator (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAFebruary 23, 2014
12 hour rotating shifts, I learned skills needed to advance in the water treatment field.
small town mentality, but ... once accepted, part of a family
isometric drafter (REC) (Former Employee) –  Moses LakeJanuary 30, 2014
I was on loaned to a small group (safety inspection group) to develop system isometrics of the two new plants (plant 3 and 4). The people I had to work with, were really great people. Enjoyed the experience, wish i did not get terminated.
Pros
company is a family
Cons
many workers were type "a" personalities.
Easy going
Product Handling Operator (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAApril 9, 2013
Very stressfull job, alot of weight is put on your plate. Always being put down by management and work is never appreciated. Always left in the dark, you have no clue what goes on.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
negative attitude
great place
Silane Operator (Current Employee) –  moses lake washingtonJanuary 10, 2013
Long hours but great pay and benefits. Great people to work for and a very safe envirement. I have learned an extreme amount of knowledge about proccess safety and how to respond to dangerous situation.
Ok work enviroment overall
MAINTENANCE PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake WashingtonDecember 26, 2012
Advancement not very realistic in selection process prefered advancing personnel on how long they have worked at the plant vice prior experience in the supervision and daily management of personnel and work scheduling. Some co-workers instigated unrealistic rumors. Learned planning of civilian work odrers, hardest part of the job was working with SAP program due to how it was implemented. Most enjoyable part of the job was interfacing with clients.
Pros
improved employees benifits
Cons
no compensation for weekend work or overtime greater than 10% of normal 40 hour week
Challenging, fun place to work with great learning potential
Silane Operator (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAMarch 29, 2012
There was always something to do, whether it was doing Lock out Tag out on equipment, training and tracing out process lines or cleaning. I am very familiar with the process at REC. The chemical reations that are made in certain parts of the process and why. Most of all being safe and wearing all of my Personal Protective Equipment.

Management was great, there were there for their employees support in the unit. Management was always thinking of ways to make our job easier. They were really easy to talk to if i had any questions. My co-workers were also fun people to work with, they were eager to learn and helpful in teaching others. If i had a question of how a certain piece of machinery ran they were always there to offer a helping hand. All employees, if they were on my shift or not we were all friends. I think the hardest part of my job was the annual shutdown, there are so many jobs to get ready for maintenance, sometimes jobs that have never been done or havent been done for years so it takes a lot of team work and being very detail oriented, safety oriented and get the job done in timely manner and still making sure we cleaned all the process out of all possible lines to prevent injury.
Pros
great working environment, challenging, rewarding

REC Silicon Reviews by Location