REC Solar

REC Solar Employer Reviews

The Mind Gems i learned at REC Solar.
Site Survey Engineer / Field Marketing associate (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 3, 2014
Starting with REC solar at a brand new opening branch office where at the time there was only 2 tables and a couple chairs to start it all off, it was a great eye opening experience to see , understand and recognize how to put a great system together to help Operations and sales exceed in successful ways working together to become one of the biggest – more... heavy weights in the I.E region in 2013. I quickly became a workaholic due to my eagerness to learn as much as possible in as many departments as i could learn about. I found myself after many sacrifices to further my knowledge in the solar industry working as a Site survey engineer. There i learned the trade and loved the experience i had being the first one there and the last one to leave at the office. Learning much about myself and the commitments i have endured to becoming more knowledgeable in the solar industry – less
Residential Solar Installations
Foreman Electrician (Current Employee), Downey, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: big work cube truck, brand new...all the materials and tools, freedom
Cons: long hours, bad traffic, management issues, ton of responsibility for low pay
Good experience here, contact me if you want to know more, i was a foreman, in charge of two solar installers. I played my part as an electrician making the solar system come on and pass city inspections for these residential homes.
Great place to work and a great working environment!!!
Inside Sales Support (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 10, 2014
Great place with great people! Everyone is there to help you out and help you get better.
REC Review
Team Marketing Trainer (Current Employee), Fontana, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: adversity
Cons: adversity
-When not canvassing or training I also have Costco on the weekends. This is a main part of our marketing technique. Greeting all prospects by introducing our solar programs. Evaluate each situation so to better help and not waste time.

-I learned how to deal with a high level of adversity and rejection.

-The management of REC is new and growing.

-I've – more... had the pleasure of working with so many interesting people taking a little from everyone I meet.

-Coming up with new ways to stay innovative in a ever growing field.

-Receiving word that my appointment sold. Love that feeling! – less
Great peers, seriously dysfunctional upper mgmt.
No comment (Former Employee), San Luis ObispoDecember 21, 2013
Pros: peers, the industry.
Cons: upper mgmt.
The company was a wreck for years. They went through CEO after terrible CEO. Finally, the board hired a great CEO who was a real people person, he practiced what he preached in solar, and believed in the company. He treated the employees with care and concern so he was highly respected, liked and people trusted him. But the board forced him out and – more... replaced him after only one year because they didn't agree with his ways. Since then, four executives (out of 7) left the company within less than a year. A CEO sets the tone of a company. This new guy and the board aren't interested in people, they are interested in numbers, and they really don't care what they have to do to make a profit. Watch your back - at every level.

There are some really great people who work here and if you're able to stay far, far away from upper management, those people can help to make your workday nice.

Before accepting a job, do your research. Look into the validity of what I'm saying here. Remember, it all trickles down from the top. – less
Exciting industry with big future
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee), CADecember 1, 2013
Pros: great way to get into a growing industry
Cons: compensation plan, management
The solar industry should be fun and exciting however poor management and lack of imagination and inability to implement changes quickly makes a typical day in the office pretty dull.

The people "on the floor" are terrific. They care about what they do and the future of the company. They are the best part of the job.

The hardest part of the job is – more... absentee management, poor communication internally and a unmotivating compensation plan. – less
Project Planner - Coordinate & Manage Solar Clients & Installations
Project Planner (Former Employee), Somerset, NJ & Denver, CONovember 25, 2013
* Manage all client contact
* Coordinate with Design/Engineers Plans - presentation to clients
* Permit applications, tracking, scheduling & final inspections
* All scheduling and management of any Sub Contractors
* Coordinate shipping of equipment and Installation
* Most enjoyable part of job was interacting with clients and team.
great field to work in, helping to save energy
Warehouse Manager/Clerk (Former Employee), tucson az.September 6, 2013
Pros: completeing, complete operating system for the customers
arriving early, setting up work place, ensureing that materials are ready for crews to take out to job site. contacting outside vender if any additional material is required.. keeping management updated on
jod material status.operating ground clearing equipment. maintaining
fleet equipment.conducting safety training.
that a well oiled machine can always – more... get the job done in a timely maner.
never had hardest part.
working with customers, other venders and working as a team – less
Plead the 5th
Primary responsibilities as Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), PortlandAugust 12, 2013
Nothing more to report, rather not, I would work here, I do work here, great ethic and opportunity
Unorganized Incompetent Managment
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), N Hollywood, CAJuly 28, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: more than i can mention.
The Branch Manager and the S.E.F. are HORRIBLE. Neither one know anything about being a manager and if you work in the warehouse forget it. You are a second rate citizen to them. There is absolutely no room for advancement as a warehouse clerk at REC and if by some means they are able to move you up, you will have first put in 5 years at the same position – more... at the same pay rate that you started at. Just Don't Do It. – less
Great Group of Workers at the Colorado Branch
Lead Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Westminster, COJune 12, 2013
Employed for with REC Solar for almost 4 years before relocating to Iowa. REC Solar further educated my solar knowledge, particular on the business side.
Learn about solar energy
Drafter (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 22, 2013
Pros: people, environment, lots of work
Cons: low pay
Great place to start in the solar energy industry. People are great.
Fun exciting workplace
Commercial Sales Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAApril 22, 2013
Pros: great company environment
Cons: low pay structure, sub par benefits
Lots of hippies trying to make the world a better place! Headquartered in San Luis Obispo, but few different states they do business in.
Innovative and fun working environment with travel.
Solar Installer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PA.February 15, 2013
Pros: saw new parts of the country.
Cons: spent to much money on the road.
Able to work outside with tools and make something that will stand and provide energy for years.
Worked with good people who worked together.
The supervisors worked well with deadlines and were able to adapt to changes in the plan.
The tight schedules were the toughest part of the job.
And learning new techniques and ideas for doing the work was the – more... best part of my experience. – less
great outdoor work with alright pay.
Solar Installer/Commercial (Former Employee), Kapolei, HIFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: med pay rate
Cons: lack of contracts
the job is enjoyable. the work is fast pace. the only draw back was the lack of contracts.
regular jobsite
Engineer Tech/Installer (Current Employee), Somerset, NJOctober 17, 2012
Pros: picinics
Cons: not good managers
early Mornings
lot of Solar in hand training
nice coworkers
too cold in winters
giving free energy to the world

About REC Solar

REC Solar's vision is to make solar electricity part of the mainstream energy supply. By commercializing energy sources that reduce – Read more