REC Employee Reviews

Poorly managed
JRP Program Counselor III, VOA InAct (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 15, 2017
This is VOA Inact in Portland. REC is just the name of the program I work in.

There is a huge turnover here. Job culture is highly stressful, we are not trained to do our jobs, so the new people always have to come and ask how this or that is done.

They won't pay overtime and they won't hire floating staff so everyone is always being asked to cover someone else's group, even if that's extra hours ... for free.

There are good things too. Great people work here, they just don't stay very long. It's mostly as good place to get some experience and then move on to a better job.
Pros
Good vacation pay, sick pay
Cons
Stressful
Dealing with call off's and staffing last minute shifts.
HOME INSTEAD SENIOR CARE (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNJune 7, 2017
We rotate on call and deal with obstacles that come up daily. We do work together as a team. I enjoy being with my coworkers. We have a wonderful staff of CAREGivers as well.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Finding reliable employees
Mixed bag
Service Desk Superviser (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAMay 23, 2016
This company was a good place to work for, however, management styles varied. The strategic positions changed about 6 times in 7 years. The IT department specifically had 4 Directors in 7 years and each one had their vision of how the IT department should function. Upper management, kept passing the IT department between VP's and consistency and goals were constantly redirected. Stability was lacking due to ever shifting conditions and support at Executive company management or executive department management. Lack of pay for lower level support resulted in lack of experienced technicians and ability to perform tasks to satisfaction. Department staff, was slightly higher then department management in terms of head count. Managers were expected to wear many hats that ate up far more time then they had day, resulting in large deficits in the ability to manage effectively. The benefits also dwindle from year to year going from a great self insured company to marginal. Job and career progression for IT staff was stagnant.
Pros
Good bonus, ok medical benefits, OK vacation accrual
Cons
Bad turnover, lack of qualified personnel
Fast paced and busy with a friendly and open environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 16, 2016
Great place to work. Management really cared about their employees. My work was valued and there was always room for growth in the company.
Fun Active Workplace
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 18, 2016
A typical work day would involve training young children in basic soccer skills. It was my job to teach them new things while still making their experience fun. I loved working with children and helping them mature and grow as people and as soccer players.
Rec Leader (Assistant Manager) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2015
reviewed payments and handled all cash transactions, assisted managing a park with over 8 employees. It was a fun work environment and learned a lot working alongside my co workers.
Great Summer Job
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 30, 2015
watching patrons and enforcing the pool rules while also directing the other lifeguards. being a headguard at the Frisco rec center is a great job that will teach anyone how to be an effective member of a large team. the management is wonderful and are willing to help improve their employees if they are struggling with any aspect of the job. the management are also very flexible when creating work schedules and will work with individuals when making the weekly schedules.
Great stepping stone.
Chemical operator (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAFebruary 17, 2015
While working as an Operator you will learn control room operations, plant distillation, compressor operation and will learn how to troubleshoot quite well. These skills can help you go to the next level for other companies in the US.
Pros
Good pay for the Areas
Cons
To much overtime, HR not good, Upper managment not good.
work at nj after 3
COUNSELOR, NJ AFTER3 (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJFebruary 6, 2015
job was rewarding having kids like me and admire me and helping and teaching them fundamentals listening and homework social skills. cultural enrichment communicating with parents co workers were good but supervisors werent the whole overall program was unorganized i would let my own child attend was not happy and had to do something different.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
unorganized
Busy, interesting, definiate career starter.
Long Beach Parks Recreation Employee (Former Employee) –  Eldorado park west and Sterns ParkJanuary 17, 2015
Parks and rec is a very good job for entry level jobs. hours vary, pay is good. A typical day is was watching and interacting with children. Clarical work consisted of filing documents, data entry and operation the multi line phone system.
Pros
Positive enviorment, annual bus pass
Cons
hours

Want to know more about REC?

Ask a question
Lacked technology for Enterprise sector
Solar Energy Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 12, 2014
Company gravitated towards the telco sector leaving the enterprise group with little or no product set
had a great time in flor department
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMarch 24, 2014
I loved work but now I became a medical assistant so I want to work as one
Pros
good expirience
Cons
didnt want to give me the time i needed
Great Place to Work with Kids
Coach (Former Employee) –  Fort Kent, MaineFebruary 2, 2014
I loved working here! I worked with kids all day, from arts an crafts to sports to outside fun. Some of the other staff members were kinda lazy, which made for more work. There was prep time for some projects and lesson planning. The manager was good, she allowed us to have our space, but could be strict at some times. I worked here for about four summers.
great place
Silane Operator (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAOctober 14, 2013
great place to work for if you like working rotating shift work.
Pros
the 7 days off
Cons
lots of overtime
Not a quality company to work with
Photovoltaic Electrician (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJuly 8, 2012
Very disorganized company. Would try to start a project but we couldn't get trhe material there in a timely manner. Supervisors had very little experience on cordinating the jobs. Also there verbal skills where very poor relating the work to the workers. Showing up on job smelling of alchohol. Was not impresssed withthem at all.
Cons
great insurance