Reckitt Benckiser Employee Reviews

Not Worth It
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day is boarder-line frantic due to constantly changing priorities and unrealistic timelines, resulting in a poor work-life balance, high stress environment and a cut throat culture. The management team is making strides to improve the culture but has a long way to go. On every team there is at least a few bad eggs that disrupt collaboration and undercut the rest of the team, so most of the good employees leave after a few years. While they pay well and the benefits are good, it's not worth it for the long haul.
Pros
Sales conference trips, Good benefits/compensation
Cons
Poor work-life balance, Cut throat culture
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 1, 2016
Great environment to work in and management is very family oriented. The workers are friendly and committed. I have learned a lot about how to be a good team player.
Senior Supply Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJNovember 23, 2015
RB has continued to decline in work life balance and even profit after Bart Becht left.

Do not work here if you want a life outside work.
Fun Place to Work
Supply Planner/Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 14, 2015
Someday's you feel over worked. A ton of overtime available. Job security not the best. You can be replaced at any given notice. Other than that, its a fun place to work.
Pros
Leave on lunch 1 hour
Cons
Demanding
Very hard work.continus line operation.
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJNovember 14, 2015
Very hard physical work.Expecting more and more.Co workers were not friendly.Management was eliminating more and more employee and expecting more and more work.Not a good place to work.
Pros
No facility.
Cons
No benifits.
RB is a great organization to work for. i really enjoyed it
Senior Area Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 3, 2015
Managing the telecommunications environment for RB North America. This includes several plants and distribution centers. I learned how to function well in a global organization with various time zones and language and cultural differences.

The management team in RB is approachable and encourage growth. Co-workers are great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part of the job is supporting an environment which is 24x7x365. however, I deemed this to be a challenge and I learned to manage it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to significant contribution to the organization globally. As a result of this I received many recognitions from senior management.
ok placetowork
soter (Former Employee) –  Wolcott, NYOctober 19, 2015
most time was a ok place to work, many took time out for the residents, very clean and decient place to work. family orentated
Great place and company to work for.
Infection Control Practitioner, BA, MT (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJOctober 5, 2015
This fortune 500 company was a joy to work for. I got to travel all around the world teaching Infection Control. I had a great supervisor and together we published numerous peer reviewed articles in Medical and Epidemiology journals.
One of the best aspects of my job was public speaking. I have a way of getting my audience to feel comfortable and willing to learn.
I have a Bachelor's degree in Communications, and I put the skills I learned in College to good use.
Pros
A manager who was my boss and my friend.
Cons
Can't think of anything
i enjoyed working there
Manufacturer Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MsSeptember 26, 2015
a typical day was great learn how to operate the line management was ok the co-workers i had was great nothing hard bout working there i enjoyed working there
Pros
was great working there
Cons
wish i can still b working there dept close where i was working
Not For The Faint of Heart
QC Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2015
Working at RB is not for the faint of heart. RB is competitive and intense and management pride themselves on personal development and advancement of employees.

That being said, it isn't well-run and they value saving a buck over keeping their employees happy and well-compensated. There is more work than can be done by the number of employees they posess, and even if an employee works as hard as they can he still ends up working overtime, and sometimes weekends, often without breaks. This causes an extremely high turnover rate. Very few employees feel loyal to RB.

The benefits are very good and there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth, but at a price of having bad work/life balance. If you want to have a life outside of work, RB is really not for you.

Depending on what department you are in, pay can be either ridiculously low or very reasonable.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad hours, unreasonable workload
Productive Company
Facility Manager, Springfield Logistics Center (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 21, 2015
No work/life balance. European Management style, European Management style not conclusive to US culture. Good pay with long hours. Upper Management does not treat middle well.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Long Hours
Fast pased mange own your work/results
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 22, 2015
Love the fast pace and the ability to make decisions on the spot without any delays so that others can get on with their own workload.
A very high paced but structured environment
Eng & Maint, HSE, and Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2015
This was a streamlined and lean pharmaceutical manufacturing plant that ran efficiently with self-managed teams that accomplished the production schedule either ahead or on time.
The teams were taught Autonomous Maintenance, 5S, and Continuous Improvement practices that kept the equipment maintained and running at high efficiencies.
Fun and productive place
Custom Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 17, 2015
Great place to learn and then move on. I was thrown out to the production floor on my own with no training. In the two and half weeks that I operated I had to absorb as much as information as possible in order to achieve my goals.

I was let go with no apparent reason. "When an employer terminates an employee their surprise, They are wrong for that"

I do thank those that gave me the support I needed and for the love and respect. Short lived but appreciated.
Pros
Exceptional place to learn how to manage.
Cons
No training or communication.
Project Manager
Supply Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 3, 2015
Very tough work environment. Not always the best being promoted. Marketing can be difficult to work with. If you can get in good with upper management you will be promoted quickly
Great place to work.
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 19, 2015
Reckitt Benckiser is a great company that makes great products. They take care of their employees and focus on family both at the work place and with the products they sell.
Pros
Great environment and great people.
Cons
The distance I drive to work there.
Fast Paced and Bottom-line focused
R&D (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJMay 6, 2015
Can learn a lot during your career about global FCMG especially if you have flexibility for international positions in the different product categories.

Need to be able to turn around projects quickly - lean staffing with tight budget guidelines.

Compensation & benefits are average for the industry.
Pros
fast learning environment to quickly build skill set, international opportunities
Cons
hours could be long for salary employees
Poor management, training and direction - turnover rate is 30%+
National Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 4, 2015
The management is poor at best, providing limited training and direction. Most decisions are made through emotion without vision or focus. The work / life balance is nonexistent at best.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Too many to outline
Custom Manufacturing Dept. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJApril 18, 2015
Here I thanks everyone I worked with, good experience I learned a lot, It was my first experience as a Team Leader , I had the opportunity to advance more but management did not allow me
productive,constantly learning new skills,ideas and executing them
Packaging TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  JOHANNESBURGMarch 31, 2015
As a department we worked hard a played hard and managed to celebrate success. Supported my co-workers and in return they have given me all the necessary support whenever I requested. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my project has been successfully launched.
Pros
rewarded for hard work and in the process had the opportunity to travel abroad.
Cons
too much projects with inadequate resources.