Reckitt Benckiser Employee Reviews in United States

Motivates new talent and gives opportunity to learn
Analytical Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJJune 23, 2016
Great company at most levels - everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects - I have worked at making a positive contribution for 7 years
A great culture - coming to work is fun
Sometime things get heard through the grapevine before they are announced.
Pros
Always surrounded by passionate people
Cons
Can't think of anything bad
fast paced, long hours
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSJune 19, 2016
loved learning all the technical skills.
chemicals is not the ideal environment, but being able to use my troubleshooting skills to solve problems was very rewarding
Pros
great benefits
Cons
extensive 7 day work weeks
RB is a chaotic place to work. Speed over perfection.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 8, 2016
RB models their business with an attitude that speed over perfection will always be the best fit. My experience with this is that they do too much speed and not enough perfection.
Stable Company
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOMay 27, 2016
Overall too stressful of an environment for me to continue to work there. Off-shift has no support at this place. Typical day at work usually starts chaotic with over 30 people to manage on a team. The schedule is constantly changing on a daily or hourly basis. Management likes to push the blame on everyone else but themselves.
High turnover, long hours, "Me" culture
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2016
If you like "me" and "I" culture, this is your CPG home. Culture promotes employees who have done well in role which is good, but, also promotes bloodying your co-workers to get ahead. Frequent turnover, especially in HQ office, as people join and leave company. Which also makes communication difficult as you're constantly dealing with new people who are not trained.
Pros
Comp and bonus structure
Cons
Constant turnover
Hard Work for Little Pay
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 2, 2016
It was a job that paid. It was a typical factory job. It was a Physically taxing and mundance work enviornment. My day to day activites were not enjoyable, but it was a blessong to have a job.
Pros
Job that paid
Cons
Physically taxing and mundane work enviornment
Pretty good place to be employed.
Industrial Engineer Co-op (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSMarch 1, 2016
From a Co-Op's view, this is a great company. The companies compensates employees far beyond what is expected. The managment is quite helpful as well.
enjoy working there. they make dish soap an laundry soap
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOFebruary 13, 2016
pay not the best. work not hard. over half the plant is temps. everybody works good with each other. make gel pac for dishwasher,hand soap,laundry soap an wipes
Pros
they supply you with everything for safety very safe place to work
Cons
low pay
Friendly Environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJFebruary 1, 2016
Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. I like that there were a variety of tasks given to me for my position versus just having one role to do every day that can get boring.
Pros
Variety of tasks, friendly environment, paid lunches
Cons
help desk takes a long time to solve issues
Not Worth It
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day is boarder-line frantic due to constantly changing priorities and unrealistic timelines, resulting in a poor work-life balance, high stress environment and a cut throat culture. The management team is making strides to improve the culture but has a long way to go. On every team there is at least a few bad eggs that disrupt collaboration and undercut the rest of the team, so most of the good employees leave after a few years. While they pay well and the benefits are good, it's not worth it for the long haul.
Pros
Sales conference trips, Good benefits/compensation
Cons
Poor work-life balance, Cut throat culture
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 1, 2016
Great environment to work in and management is very family oriented. The workers are friendly and committed. I have learned a lot about how to be a good team player.
Senior Supply Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJNovember 23, 2015
RB has continued to decline in work life balance and even profit after Bart Becht left.

Do not work here if you want a life outside work.
Fun Place to Work
Supply Planner/Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 14, 2015
Someday's you feel over worked. A ton of overtime available. Job security not the best. You can be replaced at any given notice. Other than that, its a fun place to work.
Pros
Leave on lunch 1 hour
Cons
Demanding
Very hard work.continus line operation.
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJNovember 14, 2015
Very hard physical work.Expecting more and more.Co workers were not friendly.Management was eliminating more and more employee and expecting more and more work.Not a good place to work.
Pros
No facility.
Cons
No benifits.
RB is a great organization to work for. i really enjoyed it
Senior Area Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 3, 2015
Managing the telecommunications environment for RB North America. This includes several plants and distribution centers. I learned how to function well in a global organization with various time zones and language and cultural differences.

The management team in RB is approachable and encourage growth. Co-workers are great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part of the job is supporting an environment which is 24x7x365. however, I deemed this to be a challenge and I learned to manage it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to significant contribution to the organization globally. As a result of this I received many recognitions from senior management.
ok placetowork
soter (Former Employee) –  Wolcott, NYOctober 19, 2015
most time was a ok place to work, many took time out for the residents, very clean and decient place to work. family orentated
Great place and company to work for.
Infection Control Practitioner, BA, MT (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJOctober 5, 2015
This fortune 500 company was a joy to work for. I got to travel all around the world teaching Infection Control. I had a great supervisor and together we published numerous peer reviewed articles in Medical and Epidemiology journals.
One of the best aspects of my job was public speaking. I have a way of getting my audience to feel comfortable and willing to learn.
I have a Bachelor's degree in Communications, and I put the skills I learned in College to good use.
Pros
A manager who was my boss and my friend.
Cons
Can't think of anything
i enjoyed working there
Manufacturer Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MsSeptember 26, 2015
a typical day was great learn how to operate the line management was ok the co-workers i had was great nothing hard bout working there i enjoyed working there
Pros
was great working there
Cons
wish i can still b working there dept close where i was working
Not For The Faint of Heart
QC Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2015
Working at RB is not for the faint of heart. RB is competitive and intense and management pride themselves on personal development and advancement of employees.

That being said, it isn't well-run and they value saving a buck over keeping their employees happy and well-compensated. There is more work than can be done by the number of employees they posess, and even if an employee works as hard as they can he still ends up working overtime, and sometimes weekends, often without breaks. This causes an extremely high turnover rate. Very few employees feel loyal to RB.

The benefits are very good and there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth, but at a price of having bad work/life balance. If you want to have a life outside of work, RB is really not for you.

Depending on what department you are in, pay can be either ridiculously low or very reasonable.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad hours, unreasonable workload
Productive Company
Facility Manager, Springfield Logistics Center (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 21, 2015
No work/life balance. European Management style, European Management style not conclusive to US culture. Good pay with long hours. Upper Management does not treat middle well.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Long Hours