Reckitt Benckiser Employee Reviews in United States

ok placetowork
soter (Former Employee) –  Wolcott, NYOctober 19, 2015
most time was a ok place to work, many took time out for the residents, very clean and decient place to work. family orentated
A very high paced but structured environment
Eng & Maint, HSE, and Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2015
This was a streamlined and lean pharmaceutical manufacturing plant that ran efficiently with self-managed teams that accomplished the production schedule either ahead or on time.
The teams were taught Autonomous Maintenance, 5S, and Continuous Improvement practices that kept the equipment maintained and running at high efficiencies.
If you want no life and no respect this is the place for you
Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 23, 2015
They will work you to death and not give you anything in the long run. The people seem nice, but will stab you in the back given the chance. This place used to be wonderful to work for but the new management is horrid. They need to review their own expectations for their employees and live up to it themselves. Ownership??? HA! If that means it's everyone else's fault then they are doing a wonderful job.
Very relax laid back always has something going on for their employees
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 26, 2014
Like the place but the managers leave so often not to many people know whats going on or really how to do things.
Come in no later then 10 am. Go through my e-mails, route and fix invoices, have meetings, lunch in the cafe, pay bills and wire money.
Management can be ok, the workers are polite and sometimes social.
Love the amount of freedom they give as long as I do my 8 hours or more if needed the manager are happy.
Hardest part is not getting a response right away because there are so many people that do a small part of the company it can take a while to hear back especially if they are away and only one doing that part of the job.
Pros
freedom, nice cafe staff
Cons
to many new pple
Fun workplace with awesome coworkers.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 18, 2015
Everyday you would wonder where you would be placed, but it was still an enjoyable experience. You would do anything from working back in raw, where you made sure no bad onions got through, to working out were the containers were filled, making sure that they were done in the proper way and according to the standards of the company. All in all although the hours were long and the pay not very well, being a temp employee, the experience was worth it.
Pros
plenty of breaks, awesome people and exciting new experiences.
Cons
hours vs. pay and it being seasonal work.
Fun Co workers, Benefits, vacatoion
Senior Customer Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 27, 2014
Travel Often.
Learned a lot.
Management changes very often.
Getting pulled in tons of directions,
No work/life balance
pay is above average
Pros
pay, vacation, atmostphere
Cons
workload, management changes with the season
Project Manager
Supply Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 3, 2015
Very tough work environment. Not always the best being promoted. Marketing can be difficult to work with. If you can get in good with upper management you will be promoted quickly
Operations - BIG responsibility and HUGE pressure job
Operations Team Lead - Household Hygiene Segment (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSJanuary 18, 2013
I would rate it 3/5 considering it a ideal launchpad for a fresh graduate who wants to understand FMCG - Operations business in and out. Gradually as the saturation hits (1-2 years), the company is pretty good in rotating you around in multiple roles and offers flexible "geography based" opportunities as well.
Pros
big mnc - job security and free lunches once you spend > 3 years with the company
Cons
npd/epd, squeeze, xtrim, lean initiatives is very weak when you compare it to big fmcgs like p&g
Independent work environment yet you work as a team
Customer Service / Inventory & Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day started around 6am and ended around 3p once the system was utilized properly. I learned that dealing with the Union was more challenging then I anticipated. The hardest part about the job was getting people that had been working there many years prior to me starting, to use the system correctly. Then getting the union workers to be accountable for their transactions in the system. The most enjoyable part of the job was, taking a position from 70-80 hour work week to 40 hours.
Pros
starting early in the morning and getting off before rush hour
Cons
working with the union.
Custom Manufacturing Dept. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJApril 18, 2015
Here I thanks everyone I worked with, good experience I learned a lot, It was my first experience as a Team Leader , I had the opportunity to advance more but management did not allow me
productive,constantly learning new skills,ideas and executing them
Packaging TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  JOHANNESBURGMarch 31, 2015
As a department we worked hard a played hard and managed to celebrate success. Supported my co-workers and in return they have given me all the necessary support whenever I requested. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my project has been successfully launched.
Pros
rewarded for hard work and in the process had the opportunity to travel abroad.
Cons
too much projects with inadequate resources.
Productive and knowledgeable environment
Respiratory Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2013
A typical day at work was out in the field calling on all types of physicians to sell all the RB upper respiratory products. I learned so much working at RB that it allowed me to advance in my sales skills, grow in management, and building long lasting relationships. The hardest part of the job is keeping your products above the competition. But the most enjoyable part is keeping up on the competition while building new accounts and keeping existing clients happy.
Pros
company expenses, car, free lunches, felxibility
Great place to learn but clear your social calendar
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  USFebruary 14, 2014
Fast pace, results driven, open and direct culture which can be good however it can also be abusive. Great place to learn however also an easy place to burnout.
Pros
strong brands, autonomy
Cons
work life balance, lean environment, lack of respect for their people
Fast pased mange own your work/results
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 22, 2015
Love the fast pace and the ability to make decisions on the spot without any delays so that others can get on with their own workload.
Great place to work.
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 19, 2015
Reckitt Benckiser is a great company that makes great products. They take care of their employees and focus on family both at the work place and with the products they sell.
Pros
Great environment and great people.
Cons
The distance I drive to work there.
Well managed and good team of people
Fine Chemical Plant Team member (Former Employee) –  Hull, UKJanuary 11, 2015
An operating job in batch manufacturing.
Learnt about the pharmaceutical industry.
Management was good with them having extensive technical knowledge.
Co-workers were generally well experienced.
Hardest part was the shift pattern.
Most enjoyable was the close team spirit.
Lost my job
Business Analyst III and Document Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2014
I worked for Schiff Nutrition for almost 8 years prior to their purchase by Reckitt Benckiser. Once acquired I was told that most all of my department would be laid off and that if I stayed through the end of 2013 I would get a severance. My 9 months was spent watching people being laid off each month and having to pick up the slack left by their removal. I was one of the last ones to go.
I enjoyed my position there, however, and found new challenges and learning experiences on a daily basis.
Pros
learning experiences and challenges
Cons
lack of corporate support and lay offs
Productive, hands on, something different virtually everyday
Operator, Monitor (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOApril 23, 2014
I would get arrive at the factory, enter through the side entrance, head to the team room to get the assignments for the production line, for example our line was always either line 10 or 13 whichever one was working and when both lines were down, we were on line 11. On 10, i was usually capping bottles at a fast pace, or tapping up boxes at the other end; on 13, I was either packaging bottles, tapping boxes or stacking boxes for the people people who were packaging; and on line 11, I generally was placing bottles on the the conveyor belt or making the empty boxes at the other end. Then there are days when we do nothing but rework which is only when a previous shift got a batch packaged or filled incorrectly and we have to fix it. The most enjoyable time is when we have down time and I can just talk among my coworkers. The hardest part of the job is definitely when the line is going 100 bottles a minute and you only have 2 or 3 people packaging and the taper keeps jamming and the bottles keep flowing but one part of the line is not functioning. Management is really good, they work with us on the line and they have good knowledge and teaching skills and very approachable.
Good Advancement Opportunities
Demand and Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 14, 2013
Great advancement opportunities for employees. Very bad work/life balance.
This was a fast placed work environment
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJanuary 26, 2015
This was a very fast paced work environment as it was assembly work. The moving of different positions helped learn different aspects of the job on an assembly line. The co workers were enjoyable to work with and very helpful as I worked through a temp service.
Pros
fast paced made the days go by faster and more enjoyable
Cons
the temperature because of the heat from the machinery but that was easy to adjust to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reckitt Benckiser. Our community is ready to answer.