Recover Health

Recover Health Employee Reviews

Love my job
HHA (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJune 10, 2015
Pros: Having time to focus on one individual, flexibility is huge, nurses are very helpful
Cons: Feel disconnected from the team, hours fluctuate when patients are hospitalized
I love home care because I do not have a typical day. Every day can be exciting. My patients mean the world to me and I find absolute happiness in helping them. The job allows for me to work independently for the most part but I do love working with the nurses and the gals in the office.

The hardest part of the job is when a patients becomes ill or hospitalized.

The most enjoyable part is seeing the smile on the faces of my patients when they see me walk in the door. Makes me feel appreciated.
RUN,RUN,RUN
Nurse (Former Employee), Council Bluffs,IAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
Unprofessional environment, Regional manager is overworked and has her favorites. If you are not in her circle she treats you like sh#@! No matter how hard you work she assumes the worst. Run,Run,Run....
Long overnight shifts, but enjoys working with the children
LPN (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 16, 2015
Pros: working with children, g-tube cares
Cons: too much sitting around, long overnight shifts 12 plus hours
I arrive and do med count. I administer feedings via g-tube with either a pump or in a gravity feeding style. I do my assessments every 2 hours. I monitor oxygen levels closely. I administer pulmonary nebulizer support if necessary and I get the client ready and cleaned up for bed.
Fun and stable
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), White Bear Lake, MNMarch 18, 2015
Know that you have the ability to work with a close "family" also that you may always have someone to cover your back. the hardest part of this job is making sure you don't forget the little details in the cares.
Recover health
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, MNFebruary 6, 2015
Recover is a very big company. The paperwork is all hand written and many duplications of the same information is required. There is little or no support from the management. the pay is based on "visit pay" and therefore there is continuous additional paperwork required for no additional pay. There is no benefits such as health insurance unless you work "23 visits" which means about 50-60 hours of paperwork. The pay for on call is $1.00 per hour. there are no sick days or holiday pay or even over time pay if you work 50 hours a week. Because you are paid by the visit. I learned that "corporate" determines the nursing duties and if you don't want to put your nursing license at risk, you have to resign. A typical day may include driving in a blizzard 30 miles to someone's house only to be told that they are not home but in the hospital. But family did not call and tell you that because they did not think they had to. And so you don't get paid. Some of the clients were very enjoyable and fun to take care of. There is no job flexibility because of all the time limits. I spend almost every evening and weekend catching up on paperwork.
they were mean and disrespectful
HHA (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 6, 2015
the worst part of this job was getting in trouble for being a single parent and taking time out of the week to care of my child when she was sick
Productive & Fun
Lead CNA (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIFebruary 4, 2015
Enjoyed assisting people with all activities of daily living. Did bathing, nail care, cath care, medication reminders, and charting.
Rewarding position
RN (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MNDecember 16, 2014
Pros: one on one care, flexible schedule
Cons: paperwork
Nothing more fun than seeing a smile on my clients face. Our acquisition was scary but it has all worked out thanks for our manager! We have a very understanding team that seems to always pull together when needed.
Used to be a great place to work.
HHA (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IowaNovember 24, 2014
Pros: my clients and several co-workers
Cons: management, lack of communication, inconsistent work, lack of appreciation, negative enivornment.
I used to love my job, until new lower management took over. Then it became the worst place I have ever worked for. That manager had often referred to staff as "A dime a dozen." If you want to be treated as such, and belittled, disrespected, under-valued, and threatened, then this would be the perfect place for you. Unless you used to work for them at another company, then you seem to get preferrential treatment. That manager is rude, crass, and completely unprofessional. The turn over rate is ridiculously high because of the way staff is treated. A new manager has been hired, however, the old manager also still remains. Until that person is gone, this will continue to be a horrible place to work. Also, the communication is awful, paperwork gets misplaced, and until it is found you don't get paid; if it is found after payroll has already been processed then you must wait until the next paycheck. I stay only because I care about my clients.

November 30, 2014

Sadly, this is true! I also used to love my job with them. I have high hopes that once the new manager is able to fully take over, and the old one is occupied with her new position, it may again be the great place it used to be. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Great job for helping others
PCA (Former Employee), RochesterNovember 18, 2014
Pros: clients, training, recognition
Cons: schedule was inconsistent
I loved my time at Recover Health because the nurses were very supportive and caring and the clients loved what we did for them. I never had a typical day because each day brought new challenges.
Loved my patients
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), La Crosse, WINovember 10, 2014
Pros: patient care, flexibility
Cons: mileage
Love caring for people in their home. The team was fun but schedulign could be frustrating at times. I hear it has gotten much better since my time at Recover.
Great entry level position
Scheduler (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNNovember 6, 2014
Pros: morale, communication with team, birthday celebrations
Cons: health insurance cost
Loved my job! It was a great place to gain experience in a fun setting.
Fast paced job with a lot of fun and laughter
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Baraboo, WINovember 3, 2014
Pros: caring team, days go fast, great nurses
Cons: nothing to add
Typical duties would include answering the telephone, putting together patient charts, taking apart patient charts, filing charts, taking insurance and personal identification information, create admission packets, general office duties.

My team always knew how to have fun even if we were super busy. The office was always willing to help each other out.
Fun place to work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Rochester, MNNovember 3, 2014
Pros: pot lucks, training, employee recognition
Cons: want more hours
The culture at Recover is different than other home cares that I've worked for. The team is fun and friendly and always willing to hear me out. They have a lot of meetings that we're asked to attend that train on everything from boundaries, customer service, clinical competencies, and communication.
Home Care Nurse
Home Care LPN (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: health benefits and hours
Cons: working alone
A typical day at work can be a busy. You never know what to expect. The challanging situations are great because they test my skill as a nurse. In home care I have learned to work independently and it has helped me become more efficent and skilled at what I do.
Love the patients and the team
Home Health Care Provider (Current Employee), Rochester, MNOctober 19, 2014
Pros: rewarding, flexible schedule, great team
Cons: workload can be inconsistent
I love working with elderly in their home setting. It is very rewarding to help people stay home versus having to go to a nursing facility. Management is very responsive and has an open door policy. The pay is good as long as we are busy. Benefits are okay but carry most through my husbands employer.
Many positives
Nurse (Current Employee), MNOctober 2, 2014
Pros: freedom to try new things, open to process improvement ideas, executives willing to listen
Cons: health care costs
Recover Health has great intentions for clients, employees, and the community as a whole. Of course there are areas that need improvement but it is a young company that is trying. The organization continues to find ways to make it a great place to work. They put a lot of focus and attention on client focused care and that is proven by looking at the new programs that they are putting in place. I challenge applicants to ask how Recover Health focuses on both employees and clients. Overall, the company has been great for me and my family.
Good Employer
PCA (Former Employee), Rochester, MNSeptember 22, 2014
Recover Health was very supportive employer, they were kind to staff, and family friendly.
WOW
RN (Former Employee), Eau ClaireAugust 30, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: everything else
If you notice most of the really positive reviews are from current employees. My experience was horrible. I was told before hire that I would be paid hourly. I have worked in home health for over 13 years, and came to the table with a great deal of experience including being a certified coder. The hourly pay checks stopped after the second pay period. Then dealing with their coder was a nightmare. She was not only incredibly crass and rude, her coding was horribly inaccurate. Pointing this out to her was a nightmare as she was even more rude, and disrespectful. Management does not have a grasp on reality, and keeping good employees. They will tell you what you want to hear, and then pull the rug out from underneath you. Being basically told by your superior that they think you are falsifying your time card was the last straw for me. Run as fast as you can.
What pay??
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 28, 2014
Pros: make own hours
Cons: not payed!!
I was miss lead in how I was being payed. Thought every stop was a stop fee and hourly, NOT!! Not how I was explained when hired. Not real training. Good thing I knew what I was doing. Enjoyed the clients and felt bad for them when I left.

1 2 3

About Recover Health

Recover Health is a regional for profit organization that provides home care to the Midwest, specifically Minnesota, Wisconsin, – Read more

Recover Health Salaries