Recover Health Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible, don't bother!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 9, 2016
From the very beginning dealing with the extremely rude recruiter (instant red flag) to management all around, this place treats nurses as though we're a dime a dozen and totally dispensable. This place is a joke for how chaotic and poorly managed it is. Find a better company, this is definitely not it!
Pros
None really
Cons
Poor communication and salary
A Very Rewarding Place to Work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 14, 2016
This is a great organization to work for with exceptional values and a meaningful mission. You leave work feeling like you have made a difference in the lives of the clients you serve and you are appreciated by leadership for your contributions. There is an incredible team atmosphere and support at all levels within the organization for you to complete your work. The company is growing and the healthcare environment is constantly changing, this makes no two days the same. There are opportunities for growth and entrepreneurial thinking is encouraged among all team members.
Pros
Exceptional Leadership, Caring Organization, Great Team Members
Horrible Place to Work
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 22, 2016
The leadership at Recover Health is very lacking. It is owned by a couple that claim to have 20+ years of experience in home health care. There is zero training in any position. PCAs and HHAs have very little knowledge before going into the field and are constantly hounded by the office staff to fill necessary shifts. The office staff is pressured by management to place untrained workers in the homes of the clients to get shifts covered so Recover gets reimbursed by the payers. There is no work/life balance as I felt pressured to get my butt to work asap when at personal appointments.

I would never have a family member or friend even USE Recover as an agency to be cared for.
Pros
Cons
Untrained staff, lacking leadership, no work/life balance
Small friendly company, with some issues
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 9, 2015
A typical day at work may be an easy going health care job, with plenty to learn. Tension can be high with deadlines and need for compliance. Which is normal. There is plenty to learn about how the health care system works, and how home care affects clients. Typically in a very positive way. The services Recover Health preforms are wonderful and needed within the community. Co-workers are great, everyone working hard to provide great service. However, within the management there is something going on that should not be. Job security is constantly threatened, and workers are made to feel as they do not matter and they are replace-able. This is the opposite of what should be happening in a small company like this. Unhappy workers creates a poor work environment. Which is exactly what is being created by the higher ups.
Pros
friendly co-workers, flexible hours, competitive pay, ok benefits
Cons
lack of job security
Tense work environment
TEAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Waupaca, WIOctober 18, 2015
Would have liked to see more positive coaching and personal mentoring of the staff. Unique opportunity missed to help younger women achieve their potential and find success within their chosen field.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Unrealistic workload
St. Cloud Office - Never again! Horrible work environment!
PCA (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 21, 2015
When I went in for my interview, immediately I was leary. The office looked very run-down, nobody smiled, staff shuffled around frantically, and I was ignored for nearly 5 minutes. I just sat there waiting until someone asked me if I needed something. During the interview, I felt rushed. I felt as though I wasn't being listened to. But, I was just needing a side job to make some ends meet. I was hired on the spot and was offered a pretty low wage, even for having 8 years of experience and wonderful references. I was given a schedule by one of their schedulers and was excited for my hours. But, when I went for my first visit, the day and time were wrong. The client was upset that I had shown up. The scheduler didn't even give me the correct day and time! The next day I had a different client. I could not find the home. I called the office and the scheduler was giving me attitude for being lost! I was lost because she gave me the WRONG ADDRESS! Even after she realized that it was her error, she still seemed annoyed with ME! I wanted to quit then and there, but I'm not that kind of employee. I did, however, give my 2 week notice that next day. Please be warned. There are many other CNA, HHA, PCA agencies out there that pay much better and have a friendly environment. I'm just glad i finally found a wonderful part time job elsewhere.
Pros
None.
Cons
Very unfriendly office staff, low wages, scheduling department lacks knowledge of their own clients
Stay away
RN (Former Employee) –  JanesvilleSeptember 15, 2015
Very disorganized. Training, if that's what they call it, is scattered and a waste of time. Management staff is in the way and judgemental. You'll have to fit in to a certain culture to keep your job. Crazy.
Pros
Cons
paper system, no training, disorganized, low pay, many hours
poor compensation for HHA Poor Office and Management
In home aide (Current Employee) –  rochester mnSeptember 2, 2015
Very poor compensation. No milage paid. Each week i went in the hole trying to get gas to get to clients. No money for upkeep on car. They dont care how far you have to drive most of my clients were an hour away. No choice in the matter. No support from office. Asked to speak to branch manager and was refused. I am currently looking for a new job. One that.respects me and one where the office people dontraise their voice to me when i have issues and tell me to put my two wks notice in. Did love my clients tho. They are the ones that ultimately suffer as the company has no clue what their employees have to do to get to work.
Pros
Cons
everything!!!!
Love This Company!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 31, 2015
I had been searching for a job for some time. I came across an ad about a year ago for this company. I had never heard of Recover Health and now I am so GLAD that I did! I do nursing for clients to keep them in their home. I work as a PDN nurse and it is the most rewarding job ever! The staff are so helpful and kind. They are never too busy to help me with anything that I need. There is someone on call 24/7 so if I ever need assistance from clinical or staffing there is someone there to help. I get great benefits that a lot of other home care agencies don't offer! If you are looking for a great place to work, a flexible schedule and a supportive staff...Call THEM, you won't regret it!
Pros
Great benefits, flexible schedule, and support staff 24/7
great place to work but needs to keep its managers
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 12, 2015
high turn around, not enough training initially, poor management, great opportunity to build on skills and learn about OASIS and medicare. the mileage reimbursement is not very good. a lot of drive time for visits if you don't have st. cloud clients
Its a job
Office staff (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 11, 2015
It is not the greatest job in the world but it certainly isn't terrible. Our team enjoys being around each other which makes life in the office enjoyable. The aides and nurses are pretty easy to work with and they do a great job for our patients.
Pros
My team and our customers
Cons
Training is very informal
Don't waste your time and education here.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 3, 2015
If a company is SO great the COO and owner should not have to write a review. They treat all staff as replaceable no matter how hard you work and regardless of the hours you put in. Don't ask for help or extra training because then they will terminate you. If you don't need training, support or your license then this is the place for you. They are nice to the clients face or say what they need to hear on the phone and then talk about them rudely after the conversation. Horrible communication and customer service. If there was an option for zero stars that's the rating I'd give.
Pros
Although a lie, the mission statement has potential in the right company.
Cons
No support, disrespectful to staff AND SADLY the clients (especially behind their back)
Mission driven organization that truly cares for clients and staff!
COO (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 31, 2015
Recover Health is the very best company I've ever worked for, I look forward to seeing my coworkers and clients every day!
Pros
Fun environment, always learning new skills, great opportunities for advancement, amazing co-workers
Rewarding job
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 31, 2015
It has been a very good experience. I've held a couple different positions and learned a lot during each. Fortunately I had nurses that worked here for years that could help me when I started. The one on one patient care is priceless. I love my patients.

Enjoy meeting new Staff and co-workers.
Pros
Patients, coworkers, schedule
Cons
not much
Best place to work in Twin Cities, job feels like home
Admission Nurse (Current Employee) –  MinnetonkaJuly 29, 2015
Jobs come and go, and this is life but this job is worth the extra time to take a look into. I have read all the previous reviews for this company and the reviews seem to come from disgruntled employees. Here is the truth about Recover Health and what having a position in this company means to me, as a nurse of many years. Nurses find change hard..we get into a daily job and after you have done this awhile and change comes, its hard to continue with this change. But change is good because we all experience change on a daily basis. The problem comes from being unwilling to step up to the changes brought about by any company. Change can be hard and is hard but also very rewarding and keeps the company up to the standards being set and also keeps us in the running for the best homecare agency in minnesota. I am proud to be called a Recover Health nurse, I love seeing people in the their homes and to do all I can to keep them from returning to the hospital or being placed in a LTC facility away from all they know and love. This job is truly what nursing is all about. You are able to have leniency with your visits on a daily basis and set your own schedule. You do recieve assist with gas and health care benefits offered for fulltime employees. The company also has employee appreciation parties, with meals and beverages provided. We even got our branch manager on a horse for the first time! The inner office staff at the Mtka office are like family to me and are willing to help you every step of the way. A very nice perk for me is that the family, who started this wonderful  more... company, are also located at this office and I work with them on a daily basis. When do you have all of this in one place? This nursing position, the job I do, means so much to the patients, elderly and the communities we serve. To work here means providing quality, caring individuals to care for patients in their homes and know they recieve the kind of care you would want for your own family. Home care requires strong, independent nurses with values of high standards and commitment to the lives of the people we care for. I wouldnt be a nurse of 20 years stuck in a dead end job..this job has many advancement opprotunities as a nurse and many good things happen for our families we care for. I highly encourage nurses to try and see what Recocer Health has to offer and how much personal growth it has to offer to you. Please read the other reviews in stride..and know that I love what I do and take pride that I work for such a wonderful place!  less
Pros
Family like atmosphere, leniency on daily visits, good with vacation requests/sick time, work with owners, nurses are wonderful
Cons
Travel..you do travel daily to your visits, if nurses quit we need to help out with their patients (who else will?)
Do yourself a favor and don't apply here!
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 28, 2015
This might be one of, if not the worst job I've ever had as a nurse! The company as a whole is completely disorganized and you get very little training. Communication with supervisors is atrocious (unless you're in trouble). They pay per visit and it seems to be more than what other home care companies are paying (this is how they get their nurses in the door). What they fail to mention is that you will be doing ungodly amounts of paperwork that you are NOT paid for! Their expectation is that all the paperwork is done in the patient's home, while that may be ideal, it's not realistic when you have 10 other patient's to see that day. Sure you can get your assessment completed and a progress note filled out, but who has time to sit and write 60 day summaries and wait for callbacks from the physician with verbal orders while you're at the patient's house? Nobody. Most nurses are probably working 60-70 hours per week, but only being compensated for about half of it. Their turnover rate is ridiculous, they can't keep nurses to save their life! So, if disorganization, being overworked, and not being paid for at least half of the work you do sounds good to you, then this job is right up your alley! But look out, you never know what kind of situation you will walk into with the patients they take and supposedly "screen." I ask myself on a daily basis, "why on earth do I STILL work here?!?" I don't have an answer other than I need a job and a paycheck, and until I can find a different job with decent pay I'm stuck working for these idiots! So seriously, do yourself a favor and don't  more... click that "apply now" button, you will regret it!  less
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
This company is probably run by a bunch of cons....
Horrible place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 24, 2015
If you want to work for a company that treats it's employees like the dirt on their shoe, this company is for you! I have never worked for a group of managers and office staff that treated their nurses so poorly and were so disorganized. Managers belittle staff behind their backs, fire staff for doing things the way they were trained to do them, and punish the nurses that do their job the right way. It's almost impossible to take any time off because they can't keep any nurses. The ones that are left are so overworked, working up to 70 hours a week, that they end up quitting. This company has lost 10-15 nurses since the beginning of the year. Don't work here unless you want to risk your license and all the hard work you did through nursing school.
Stay away!!
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 12, 2015
If you want paid, stay away. Horrible company to work for. If your not best friends with the girls in the office. They will not give you assignments. They will cut your hours, expect to work as a HHA or bath aide. My paycheck was always short of my hours, had to contact office multiple times. Had to wait months to get paid for assignments I worked for. The ladies in the office are not even local they come from Minnesota. Very cliquey group. Not a good company to work for!! I would RUN away from this Company!! You will never know your assignments, they will pull your hours from you if you are not one of their favorite employees.
Pros
Cons
Have to wait months to get paid, hours not guaranteed.
Wonderful clients, horrible supervision.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  St CloudJuly 7, 2015
loved all of my clients and families but the office staff could use some help. Very unorganized and the pay is not good. Nurses are very overworked and not enough to nursing staff to cover shifts. PDN Supervisor is very unprofessional and does not value the nurses that work under her.
Pros
Clients
Cons
everything else
Best job in the world
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 18, 2015
My schedule is the best. Worked in a hospital prior to Recover Health and it just wasn't for me. Home care allows me to work with the patient on a schedule that works for both of us. The only negative would be the paperwork involved. The team is fun and very supportive.
Pros
Schedule, fun team
Cons
paperwork