Recovercare Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and secure job
Senior Service Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 16, 2015
I usually have to order parts to fix broke equipment on a daily basis. Check the status of equipment that needs fixed. I also have to order supplies that are needed dailly when they start to get low. Have to submit paperwork to management accordingly. I also conduct deliveries to different facilities as well as inservices and pick ups.Have to make sure that our trucks are in good running to condition to ensure we can do our job effectively. Overall we stay busy and sometimes its very challenging but I accept it and perform my duties well. It has been a good managerial experience for me.
Pros
Job security, friendly people
Cons
Advancement and benefits are not too good
Do not ever work for this company!!!!
warehouse technician (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MichiganJanuary 2, 2015
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The manager is so fake and also the most useless employee I have ever worked for. Im not even sure what he is doing there because he doesn't do anything. He is on salary and leaves early every day. I hope management reads this and starts researching this. He will smile in your face and then talk all sorts of stuff behind your back to a couple of employees that are his favorites. He is so scared of a couple of employees that he will let them do whatever they want. He doesn't run the place 2 or 3 other employees run it and run him. He is one of the worst manager's I have ever worked for. If a couple of the employees do not care for you they will do whatever it takes for you to quit. They are very vulgar and immature, all they do is complain and talk bad about one another and then act like they are each others best friends. They are all two faced and will sell you out in a minute. They are also all lazy and will head up front of the warehouse and talk with each other after talking bad about each other while you bust your butt off working all day. Trust me if you don't want to take my word for it you will find out for yourself. The pay also sucks so bad for the work they want you to do.
Cons
manager, employees, and everything in between
Fun delivery type job
Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 22, 2014
I loved this job from the start and only left because I was moving back home to Illinois. I loved the freedom of being on your own to accomplish goals. The management wasn't over bearing and was pretty understanding of time needed to have fun outside of work. You were sometimes expected to work a little overtime or have an on call schedule but for the most part you worked a set schedule.
Plenty of overtime available.
Medical Delivery Technician (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 26, 2014
Good company but no advancement oppotunities. I have aquired a lot of hands on experience in hospital settings. I have learned that sterilization and other preventative measures in a healthcare environment are crucial practices.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
lack of organization
Great
Delivery/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 9, 2014
Receiving and processing orders requested by various hospitals 12-12 and assisted living facilities while maintaining excellent customer service and communication with
Employees and patients. Consists of delivering, setting up and proper maintenance varying from
computerized programming to hydraulic repair and or replacement for specialty equipment such
as, oxygen equipment, hospital beds required for bariatric and confined elderly patients, air
mattresses as well as rotating beds alleviating stress on patients who require long periods of bed
Confinement.
Inhumane place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2014
Bosses got changed around there like underwear.
I had two different ops mgrs in my two years. Last one was a coke head 22 year old who was a robot. No interaction with ANY of the team of drivers. Came in, didn't say a word to anyone all day other than to tell them what they did wrong and sat in his office all day with the door closed. I had to take my son to the hospital with 2nd degree burns on his hand and had to call in. All he said was "when do you think you'll be in" No concern whatsoever with the trauma my son was in. Next day I come in and not so much as a "how's you son" or "Is everything alright".
Just nodded and asked if I was ready to work.

Got a great performance review and fired a couple months later for taking the company vehicle home which ALL of the drivers do. Not a very friendly atmosphere.
VERY strict and by the book corporate kind of a grind. Every move you make requires an email be sent and a half dozen people CC'd on it. I felt like I wanted to wait until I got home to go to the bathroom some days because It would save me at least 10 minutes in paperwork and emails. Screw up once and you're out

Pros
being out on the road
Cons
everything else
an up beat work place
delivery technician (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 6, 2014
I was a good place to work. My boss praised me saying I was his best worker in the state.
Absolutely Pathetic...
Delivery Technician (Current Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 14, 2014
Not so bad of a job, but the systems in place were highly ineffective. In all aspects of the job there is a total need for a makeover. There is a constant trend of the company shaving resources that are needed ultimately having a negative impact of the cleanliness of products, the workload on dispatch able employees, and more importantly, customer reception of the company. This is not a one-man band. Because supervisors always have "business calls", that's always the excuse not to help. Delivery Techs are constantly carrying out every process of the job, including billing issues. The cleaning process is totally unsanitary. Urine-infested mattresses are cleaned only by letting a spray of chemicals sit for 12 mins. Take in effect that many matts have had HIV infected patients laying on with open wounds. Management never takes a front row approach to solving any problems. It's only what you can do to alleviate the situation, when in actuality you have no authority. I strongly suggest to do thorough research on this company before you consider putting yourself in this environment.
Pros
company vehicle and cell phone provided.
Cons
no help, cleaning infested medical mattresses, poor work-life balance
stressful
CSR/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 3, 2014
Management sucked. customers were mean. Dirvers had bad attitudes. The hardest part about the job to me was the hours, I didn't care for working nights.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
managment was not understanding
Good Company
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 31, 2013
I realy like the company for what they do. The managers change alot.
A few good people that I hope all the best for.
Vice President of Logistics/Corporate Operations (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyDecember 26, 2013
I learned about the value of properly designed metrics and how if used correctly they can assist with monitoring the business health. I learned how to design a variety of metrics to measure different aspects of the operation.
Pros
location
Cons
benefits, closed door management
Great work environment, flexible with employee needs
Delivery Technician (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHNovember 11, 2013
Great employee retention, very independent job at times. I learned how to work as a team and grew as a person growing my knowledge and skill base.
Growing company with focus for the future
DME Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 19, 2013
They give you all the tools to succeed. If you do your job the uppers leave you alone. They reward good job well done.
Pros
money is good.
Cons
nurses in the field can be obtrusive.
Frequent travel
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KyOctober 17, 2013
Fun job, traveled throughout the U.S. Occasionally interfered with home.
Pros
travel
Cons
schedule
Overall good company to work for.
Delivery Technician (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 10, 2013
Overall good company to work for, The hour are extremely unpredictable, there for making it extremely difficult to balance life and work.
Long Hours No life but work NO respect
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunbar and Nitro WVJune 6, 2013
Worked for this company for almost 10 years and you would always be on the road for long distance and long hours would always get calls on weekends and nights no time for family or life outside of Recovercare. Pay is not worth it and insurance very costly. Very seldom gives raises or advancements. No Respect from managment and when you reach a certain level of pay they will replace you with a lower paid person or if you make someone upset you will be gone in a second. And you have to watch your back with current employees at this site they are out for themselves and workplace should not have to be that way. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS EMPLOYER!!!!!!!
bad management, understaffed, on call 2 weeks out the month
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 29, 2013
start time was OK 9-10 am however end time would vary no set time
poorly understaffed only 2 employees myself and manager small company and small company mind set. Not even close to having the right equipment to work with. Typically i would cover all accounts by myself each day on call schedule was horrible i would get called out @ 8-9 at night also would get called out on sat morning
Pros
good start time, pretty good benifits good pay 14.00 + overtime
Cons
old antiquated equipment, box truck was horrible management sucked
Durable Medical Outside Sales
sales representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 8, 2013
Good company that I learned to sell all DME and capital equipment.Managment supportive and we all work as a team. Started a 8am and stop by4-5pm. Called on several numerous hospitals along the NJ,NY, area.
Pros
always product in house and delivery time good.
Cons
travel at tim
Productive work enviroment
Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 11, 2013
Over the past 4 1/2 years I have gained alot of work experience and skills involving Miscrosoft Excel. Normally each day contains maintaining accounts and projects to help ensure correct billing each month.
Friendly co workers. Could go to lunch together and have fun.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 8, 2012
A typical day at work. log in to computer. Check for email messages. Answer any messages
Check phone for messages. Handle the message (s).
Received the daily mail. opened, dated, sorted per category for each accounts payable clerk.
Coded invoices. Create a daily batch to enter the invoice information into.
posted batch. and file in personal desk drawers until time to pull
for payment.
I learned how to use Great Plains Accounting software.
How to scan and email an invoice to another person to get their ok to pay a specific invoice.
My co workers were very very helpful to me in beginnning. Very nice.
We're still friends and doing lunch or dinners together.
The hardest part of my job was getting approval to pay an invoice when the person would not respond and it was getting close or even past payment date. Most enjoyable part of my job was most all of it.
We could stop and talk to another person in a cubicle and no one was watching over you.
Pros
just comfortable going to work everyday.
Cons
parking sometimes was far away.

2.7