Recovery Centers of America Employee Reviews

Patience is the key
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Earleville, MDSeptember 12, 2017
It can be very busy and demanding but at the end of the day it's nice to go home feeling like you might of made a difference no matter how big or how small. I believe no matter what your roll here you make a difference and are important piece of the puzzle.
recruiting/not direct/ DPH shut down of admissions in Danvers, MA.
LPN Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 12, 2017
Recruiters do not return calls. Unsure of Admissions Coordinator positions responsibilities. Not sure when state will finish their investigation. Can anyone advise where to find the truth?
Pros
unsure
Cons
unsure
September 13, 2017

We're extremely sorry to hear about the poor recruiting experience you had with us & would like to make it right. We've set up a recruiting concierge system for efficiency in the hiring process - please call 833-RCA-JOBS & a member of our recruiting concierge team would love to speak with you.

The frontline staff are caring and hardworking, but not supported by management
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MAAugust 26, 2017
The people in charge do not listen to their staff when something is wrong. They actually put the blame on the staff who complain, rather than address issues of real concern. They have cut corners on a lot of things that matter: staffing, food for the patients, services they advertised, and there is a scary lack of guidance when patients are unruly or even dangerous. One patient who threatened another patient with violence was actually allowed to remain another week or so, and I think it was because he had good insurance. I really do. Trying to keep patients safe was almost impossible, and they can shout all they want about video surveillance, but that seemed more important to them than actually staffing the floors responsibly. I worked in a prison and I felt safer there than I did at RCA. My Director of Nursing was great, but she has also resigned.
Pros
coworkers were dedicated and did their best to compensate for corporate failings
Cons
the company is top heavy and interested in profit above patient care
September 6, 2017

We're extremely sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. We take the issues you outlined very seriously & would like to investigate them further. If you wouldn't mind, please reach out to us at 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com with your issue & we will immediately investigate until we've resolved all issues.

Mission-Driven Company with Typical Startup Challenges
Marketing (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 21, 2017
Fast-paced company, things change quickly. Typical growth pains & communication challenges associated with a fast-growing startup. Solid team working towards a mission of getting people into treatment. Young company, rapidly changing environment so lots of opportunities to grow. Communication both vertically & horizontally could definitely use some improvement.
Pros
Good Team, Decent Pay
Cons
Organizational communication needs work
Great place to work with a powerful mission.
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 15, 2017
It is awesome being able to go to work every day knowing that you are playing a small part in helping so many people. The staff is passionate about helping people, and that is the main objective for virtually every employee that works there.
Horrible place
Employee (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 9, 2017
Unethical business practices. Bulling from the top down is common. Will probably be shut down within a couple of years. Extremely high turn over. Do not ever work here.
Pros
Cons
the entire organization
September 6, 2017

We'd like to hear more from you, critical feedback like this is extremely important for us to address important concerns. Please contact us at 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com to get additional details on the issues you've outlined & we will immediately investigate until we've resolved all issues.

No communication with recruiting
Potential New Hire (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 25, 2017
Recruiters at this company never get back to you, left messages for a callback, sent many email requests and nothing. This behavior truly shows that there is a questionable integrity issue with this company
September 6, 2017

Very sorry to hear about your experience with us & want you to know we've addressed the issues we were having with our recruiting process and things have been improved across the board - our process is much smoother & more efficient now. We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication you experienced and the poor experience you had overall with us. We'd like to hear more from you and see what we can do to rectify the situation - please contact us at 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com.

Amazing Opportunities
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Devon, PAJuly 22, 2017
I am part of the initial hires for the Devon location and I can honestly say I love my job. The environment is very professional but there is still a lot of laughter. The leadership team is very supportive all the way to the CEO. The corporate office is always there to listen to new ideas and they know who you are by name. You are not just a number to this company. The administration is supportive and it is all around a great place to work.

If you are looking for a facility in the Drug and Alcohol field that puts the patients first and is not afraid to think outside the box this is the place for you!
Pros
Supportive environment, great schedule, fair compensation, plenty of room for advancement
Great work place and environment!
Per Diem Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJune 27, 2017
Excellent place for those recovering from substance and alcohol abuse. A good team to work with. Great nurses and support services. Nice place too! I like it.
Novice Group of Chaotic/Amateurs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Earleville, MDJune 20, 2017
Don't ever work for these people. They break all rules, lie, and are not respectful.They steal your ideas and work they don't create and try to take credit for it. Beautiful facilities are ran by poor management at all levels. No cultural diversity. Corrupt disrespectful and difficult leadership. Employee voices do not matter. Dictatorship organization.
Cons
No parking lot close to building
Not very professional
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MAJune 19, 2017
This company lies to potential employee candidates. Human resource department sends out emails that request a resume and cover letter, even if one was already submitted online.
They make an appointment for a telephone interview with the Talent Aquisition Specialist.
That person never calls.
When attempting to contact Human resources, regarding this issue they don't return phone calls or emails .
If the position gets filled by another candidate, they'll send you an email 1 week later.
Do more with less.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJune 15, 2017
"Do more with less" should be the motto of this company; at least as far as the nursing department goes. I feel like my license is imperiled every day I go there for a shift. Management cares only about filling beds even if the client is inappropriate for treatment. Admissions staff: skeleton crew, nursing staff: skeleton crew. The nursing department is responsible for almost everything in the building and staff to client ratios are wildly unsafe. Admissions are inappropriately scheduled when staff is at a minimum. Someone is going to get hurt and management does not care.
Pros
The toilets work.
Cons
Too many to list
Mission driven company
Marketing (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 9, 2017
This is the first job I've taken where people I don't even know have thanked me for taking it. Our country is in the grip of an addiction crisis and RCA is stepping up to deal with it.

This is a mission driven culture to save lives and provide great patient care. Dynamic work environment where there are many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
work environment, culture, opportunities, mission
Cons
start-up
constant chaos, untrained staff, unaccountable staff, rude nursing director
Per Diem, Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MAJune 8, 2017
Start screening people that are interested in getting sober; stop filling up beds with people that want in off the street. Wasting good staff's time and resources.
Cons
Energy and resources wasted on people not interested in getting clean and sober
High energy, high growth company - Great opportunity to make a difference
Marketing (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 8, 2017
RCA is one of the fastest growing companies in the industry with lots of opportunity for career growth while helping patients and erasing stigma. Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to help people and grow in their career. Great compensation and benefits as well. Its a start-up and its growing rapidly, you have to be comfortable with constant change to work here.
Pros
Great opportunity to be a part of an organization that saves lives
Overrun and Corrupt by Upper Managment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Earleville, MDMay 22, 2017
Corrupt company. Corporate has succeeded in getting one corrupt CEO out of the building, they have a long way to go. The owner of operations is planning a huge cover up to her disgusting behavior. the nepotism is not only disturbing, it is beyond unfair. How could they have let this slide? The company has a long way to go. If they can get through the corruption, they might keep the company afloat. Most of the employees remaining have one foot out the door. The nepotism needs to be exposed.
Pros
High hopes at first
Cons
Operations department and other leadership members corrupt
Nepotism runs this facility.. Into the ground
RSS (Former Employee) –  Earleville, MDMay 17, 2017
The director of operations has hired her family in every position, allowed them to lie about experience causing positions to be filled by totally incompetent kids. Staff are having inappropriate relations in the facility and it's okay because she's related to the boss. Every day good employees are pushed out by the incompetent family of greedy people to make themselves look better. It's become a horrible facility. Started with a good mission but a bad choice in leadership robbed this place of a fighting chance.
Pros
Lazy people don't have to do anything
Cons
Good workers are treated horribly
Start up with some glitches
Business Development Officer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 11, 2017
Much needed facilities...could use some better management and execution The management they have is young, and less experienced as managers than they should be. To grow the business, the company will need to review salaries, vacation policies, and patient treatment.
Promising beginning gets lost in "bottom line"
Primary Therapist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MAMay 10, 2017
Beginnings as Healing Hills Village was a vision much needed for addiction care. Vision of promise quickly changed this culture to what is the norm today for such facilities when RCA took over.
Pros
Work facility, Benefits
Cons
Dubious corporate culture
For-Profit Addictions Treatment Center
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 7, 2017
Ineffective training system involving "corporate trainers" presenting PowerPoints. Rapid opening of patient beds without appropriate staffing/ hiring. Lack of processes/ procedures in place with multiple addictions treatment facilities open. Communication gaps throughout due to lack of system -- often times personal cell phones used to communicate to coworkers and outside agencies. Horrific work-life balance due to inefficient EMR and immense amounts of documentation requirements.
Pros
Decent health insurance, low-cost lunch, on-site parking
Cons
No 401k, poor leadership, lack of processes and procedures, ineffective communication, not patient-centered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recovery Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6