RECOVERY INNOVATIONS Employee Reviews

Mental Health and Substance Crisis Center
Hospital Diversion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ellendale, DEAugust 22, 2017
I love working with individuals with mental challenges and substance that work through their challenges while working with therapist and psychiatrist as well as support groups and peers.
Pros
Being able to help individuals in crisis
Cons
Self Care
Recovery Coach
Recovery Coach, Social Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2017
The position was fine for the time, as I was working on my own recovery. So, it was well suited. I learned that better than telling someone what to do-is providing options and supporting individuals in accomplishing their own goals. It was neat to see people grow and overcome challenges. I had a great supervisor who was very supportive and that helped when I was experiencing my own set backs.
Pros
Pto, good pay, life experience
Cons
The material used in recovery talks about the spirit of a person, with no regard to a soul.
Not recommended workplace
Peer Coach and Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJuly 5, 2017
A typical day is to be over worked, under paid, I learned that all money/job is good if its effects your health. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing the support to the clients. The hardest part of the job is dealing with no staff or working constantly short staffed. With no pay raises and disrespect from management.
Pros
Working with the clients
Cons
No raises, discrimination, short staffed
Pioneer in Recovery in CA
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 20, 2017
Recovery Innovations was the pioneer in recovery in CA. We were all enthusiastic when we launched the program at the beginning. It was really a small revolution (in the good sense of the term).
Pros
We had health days where we could miss work.
Cons
Too many changes in Management
Ok place
Peer Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAApril 7, 2017
They are demanding of your and the pay is very low. The clients are hard to work with and all you do is babysit and drive people around they also ask you to give up your holidays to work.
Great Mission-Poor Execution
MHP (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 10, 2017
It's unfortunate but the majority of the reviews detailing the negatives is accurate: Unethical behavior, behave like a for-profit, management uses fear and intimidation, etc (see other reviews). However the pay was excellent but not worth it. The benefits were also crazy expensive. Many of the staff were wonderful.
Pros
Pay, access to help those in need
Cons
Healthcare benefits, unethical, fraudulent activity
uprising enviornment day program setting
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2016
social environment laidback never dull on your feet but in a fun atmosphere meetings quite often have your own caseload and also easy to adapt to people
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
nonprofit for profit
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2016
They use a turnstile service. Get them in, get paid, get them out. Many patients are quickly admitted to RI for payment then urgently sent to ER/ ICU due to medical instability. Good job for BHT, very dangerous job for nurse.
Pros
covered parking
Cons
Puppet management
Finally Investing Money In Employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fife, WANovember 15, 2016
Last week our managers announced that annual merit-based raises of 3-5% will commence the first pay period of January, 2017. This finally corrects the long-standing problem of not giving raises.

Beginning two years ago, the company also began paying closer attention to staff safety surveys and have invested in training and equipment for increased security.

I almost quit the company a year ago, but am glad I stuck it out. Things are improving.
Do not even think about this company.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2016
Upper managements are clueless about everything,and have no idea what they are doing.Decisions are made without any clear thoughts about the consequences of such decisions and the harm such decisions would bring to very vulnerable people. Chairman is totally focused on his own pet project,and turned a wonderful organization that has provided very much needed services to people who needed that the most to a total disaster lacking vision,vision ,and ideals.
Pros
Cons
No trust, promises made but not kept.
Mental health company only fucused on zero suicide - anyone paying attention to how funds are spent?
Program Support (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 10, 2016
Management only cares about zero suicide. They don't care about mental health at all but it is a mental health organization. It is obvious in how they treat the patients and their employees.

Grant issuers should investigate how funds are really spent especially in the administrative departments. Arizona money not going towards mental health.
Pros
Nothing after the layoffs, Employees were great but now so busy they stopped caring, Geting dangerous.
Cons
Senior managment only cares about zero suicide. Plan on selling the crumbling organization?
Worst Job ever
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 10, 2016
I was hired on as a BHT and they placed me answering phones and completing referrals, discharges and other tedious jobs was not for me.
Love it
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 26, 2016
I enjoy working at Recovery Innovations we provide services to mental health clients such wellness, nine dimensions classes we offer,breakfast and lunch
Decent
Recovery Services Team Leader (Clinical) (Current Employee) –  Claymont, DEMay 25, 2016
A lot of changes in just 3 years, many to come. Not a bad place to learn and grow with great supervisors. You are the middle man in every program and you have to learn how to work with Community Providers.
Educative
Work as a peer specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 28, 2016
Environment is optimal for assessing one's skills in a mental health capacity. You work independently with the clients assigned to you.
Downside is the communication between agencies who work hand in hand with you during a crisis.
Pros
Easy going atmosphere
Cons
No room for advancement nor salary raises
Great people/great place to work
Shift Supervisor/Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 11, 2016
Although it is a high paced, stressful work environment in nature, the staff are supportive and management works just as hard as the next person. What a great place to work with a great message.
Nurse to Patient Ratio is not reasonable.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 4, 2016
As a nurse, you can be assigned to have 16 patients on what is named the "living room" side. You are responsible for medication administration, vital signs, daily progress notes, plus the CIWAS and COWS assessments every four hours! When on the Admission side known as the "Retreat", a nurse can have up to six patients and do all the "presentations" that arrive, which in everyday language, means people that walk in seeking treatment. Management knows this is too stressful and will cause burn out, but just continue with the mentality that you can only do the best you can. This is not only unfair to the patients but can be dangerous. Wish I had never darkened their door!
Pros
Most patients are so appreciative of your time and service.
Cons
Many days it is so busy you do not get a lunch break.
Case Manager/Discharge Specialist/Recovery Connection Lines Specialist II
BHT / Recovery Liaison/Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2016
I worked in three different positions in this agencies. I was a Behavioral Health Technician who worked overnight shifts. I had the opportunity to complete inventories, vital checks, and discharges. I also worked as a discharge specialist, collaborating with counselors and doctor's to have individual discharged to a suitable placement and with needed medications. I also worked in the recovery connections line as a referral specialist for the Recovery Response Center West, and also providing customer service and referrals to individuals with mental health challenges in the community.
Pros
Flexibility of positions and opportunity for advancement
Working at Recovery innovations
Behavioral Health Technician team lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2016
Working at recovery innovation was awesome. This is a great place to work if you are trying to learn how to become a counselor or a peer mentor..
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Rules need to be enforced
Wonderful learning experiance
Chef (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 21, 2015
I have never worked for a recovery facility before. This location is a 30 bed recovery center for men and women in crises. The guests can stay for up to 30 days.
My job was to work with a nutritionist and produce a balanced menu providing 3 meals per day with snacks.

This taught me a lot about being a good cook and that has helped me become a great chef.