RECOVERY INNOVATIONS Employee Reviews

nonprofit for profit
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2016
They use a turnstile service. Get them in, get paid, get them out. Many patients are quickly admitted to RI for payment then urgently sent to ER/ ICU due to medical instability. Good job for BHT, very dangerous job for nurse.
Pros
covered parking
Cons
Puppet management
Do not even think about this company.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2016
Upper managements are clueless about everything,and have no idea what they are doing.Decisions are made without any clear thoughts about the consequences of such decisions and the harm such decisions would bring to very vulnerable people. Chairman is totally focused on his own pet project,and turned a wonderful organization that has provided very much needed services to people who needed that the most to a total disaster lacking vision,vision ,and ideals.
Pros
Cons
No trust, promises made but not kept.
Mental health company only fucused on zero suicide - anyone paying attention to how funds are spent?
Program Support (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 10, 2016
Management only cares about zero suicide. They don't care about mental health at all but it is a mental health organization. It is obvious in how they treat the patients and their employees.

Grant issuers should investigate how funds are really spent especially in the administrative departments. Arizona money not going towards mental health.
Pros
Nothing after the layoffs, Employees were great but now so busy they stopped caring, Geting dangerous.
Cons
Senior managment only cares about zero suicide. Plan on selling the crumbling organization?
Worst Job ever
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 10, 2016
I was hired on as a BHT and they placed me answering phones and completing referrals, discharges and other tedious jobs was not for me.
Love it
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 26, 2016
I enjoy working at Recovery Innovations we provide services to mental health clients such wellness, nine dimensions classes we offer,breakfast and lunch
Decent
Recovery Services Team Leader (Clinical) (Current Employee) –  Claymont, DEMay 25, 2016
A lot of changes in just 3 years, many to come. Not a bad place to learn and grow with great supervisors. You are the middle man in every program and you have to learn how to work with Community Providers.
Educative
Work as a peer specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 28, 2016
Environment is optimal for assessing one's skills in a mental health capacity. You work independently with the clients assigned to you.
Downside is the communication between agencies who work hand in hand with you during a crisis.
Pros
Easy going atmosphere
Cons
No room for advancement nor salary raises
Great people/great place to work
Shift Supervisor/Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 11, 2016
Although it is a high paced, stressful work environment in nature, the staff are supportive and management works just as hard as the next person. What a great place to work with a great message.
Nurse to Patient Ratio is not reasonable.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 4, 2016
As a nurse, you can be assigned to have 16 patients on what is named the "living room" side. You are responsible for medication administration, vital signs, daily progress notes, plus the CIWAS and COWS assessments every four hours! When on the Admission side known as the "Retreat", a nurse can have up to six patients and do all the "presentations" that arrive, which in everyday language, means people that walk in seeking treatment. Management knows this is too stressful and will cause burn out, but just continue with the mentality that you can only do the best you can. This is not only unfair to the patients but can be dangerous. Wish I had never darkened their door!
Pros
Most patients are so appreciative of your time and service.
Cons
Many days it is so busy you do not get a lunch break.
Case Manager/Discharge Specialist/Recovery Connection Lines Specialist II
BHT / Recovery Liaison/Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2016
I worked in three different positions in this agencies. I was a Behavioral Health Technician who worked overnight shifts. I had the opportunity to complete inventories, vital checks, and discharges. I also worked as a discharge specialist, collaborating with counselors and doctor's to have individual discharged to a suitable placement and with needed medications. I also worked in the recovery connections line as a referral specialist for the Recovery Response Center West, and also providing customer service and referrals to individuals with mental health challenges in the community.
Pros
Flexibility of positions and opportunity for advancement

Want to know more about RECOVERY INNOVATIONS?

Ask a question
Working at Recovery innovations
Behavioral Health Technician team lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2016
Working at recovery innovation was awesome. This is a great place to work if you are trying to learn how to become a counselor or a peer mentor..
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Rules need to be enforced
Wonderful learning experiance
Chef (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 21, 2015
I have never worked for a recovery facility before. This location is a 30 bed recovery center for men and women in crises. The guests can stay for up to 30 days.
My job was to work with a nutritionist and produce a balanced menu providing 3 meals per day with snacks.

This taught me a lot about being a good cook and that has helped me become a great chef.
I am passionate at what I do on my job I am there to make a diffierents
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCDecember 18, 2015
It varies from day to day with our guest , at any rate we work together as a team players to get the job so everyone is happy at the end of the day, and the hardest is doing documentation is not so hard but a must in order to know and learn it's important ,, knowing that I did my best makes me feel good , then to ask my peers and the say the same thing , that awesome !
Pros
We have a great cook there and we eat free, how awesome is that .
Very Satisfied
CSS/Recovery Coach Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 15, 2015
Their training is very detailed and extensive. They make sure that you are fully confident on your position before they place you out on the floor. Very team oriented and friendly.
Recovery Innovations is a rewarding place to work
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harrington DelawareDecember 15, 2015
A typical day is being able to overcome the challenges you will face each day. No two days are the same. You have to be able to adjust to the situation and remember we are here to serve the people that we help
Pros
Success stories give you a feeling that can't be described
Cons
Some people choose not to recover
It was a fun place to work
Behavioral Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2015
Run as fast as you can don't work at this place I was there 7 years no raise totally unsafe workplace not to mention the new management team totally unsafe workplace
Pros
No urine test if you have a medical marijuana card
Cons
They suck
Great place to work, great management team.
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 18, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Recovery Innovations helping people with their substance abuse and mental problems as I too had walked in those shoes at one point in my life. My supervisors saw me as their "poster child" because what better person to understand an illness than one who went there and came back. I feel that this is my calling in life and want to give back for the help I received.

The only drawback was that the job was only part time. I kept hoping that would change at some point but it never did.
Pros
Great staff and team work.
Cons
Not enought hours or pay.
Diverse population with productive challenges.
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 5, 2015
Despite facing challenges with advancement in positions, Recovery Innovations allows for the worker to learn new and challenging ways to work with the serious mental health population while acquiring the skills needed to learn case management and treatment plan execution.
Pros
Diverse population, excellent learning experience
Cons
Limited advancement and support
Does not treat all people with respect
Behavioral Health Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  New Bern NCAugust 26, 2015
The people and management in the agency shows favoritism. I have learned that this agency is not a agency that I would want others to work for.
Pros
citizens
Cons
management and co workers/
An ok job
Community Living Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 26, 2015
Some of the managers mean well. The company portrayed to workers that you will be assisting individuals in recovery. Its more like participants (clients) struggling with mental disorders. They dont prepare you for what really happens at the sites. No raises and/or no advancement for certain individuals. People have been working there for 2 years and never got a raise. Some of the participants belong in nursing homes versus independent living. They make is seem one way then when you get out in the field youre all alone when a participant is having a bad day.
Pros
You get to support people in need.
Cons
They are not who they say they are, you think youll be getting hired for one thing and it turns out to be something different.

2.7