Recovery Network of Programs Employee Reviews

overall experience
Counselor-Horizons (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 31, 2017
My experience there at start was great. I worked with a great team of skilled employees and then with the high turnover rate things quickly shifted as staff was less skilled the demands grew and was not enough time to do proper clinical work. Supervisor was not supportive but more cut throat.
Rewarding
Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 8, 2017
Working at Recovery Network of Programs was a very rewarding experience. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to continue my education and open a private practice.
Very productive and we have good results we it comes to the residents
Residential aide (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 18, 2016
I'm currently working over nights, I do rounds and monitor the residents. If necessary I can pull random urines and give morning medications. I prepare a chore list ever week to make sure that chores are done along with daily task. I have learned a great deal from my co-workers such as intakes, assessment and legal paperwork. I have no issues with the management and we work as team. I think the hardest part of the job is that, you can not save everyone. You may want the best for your client, but it's up to the client to ask for the help and work with our team for the best care possible. The most enjoyable part would be would, when the client has met their goals and it's time for discharge. The best feeling in the world knowing that you helped with the process.
Great learning experience, excellent staff, informative supervisors.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 27, 2015
Employment required 40(+) hours per week. Three days consisted of 6am to 2pm the other two days were 11am to 7pm. Co-workers performed job duties as a team. Supervision readily available. Continued in house education and lectures.
Pros
Celebration of employee birthday, parties to commemorate certain holidays, and company picnics.
Cons
No lunch breaks. Not paid over 40 hours a week
Unstable Management
PSYCHIATRIC CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 20, 2015
Had a coordinator that was not a stable individual, staff there was equally unstable, besides my immediate co-worker there was no one that should have been employed there, lack of respect and training. The residents were great, they were fairly easy to work with and show great promise.
Pros
Co-worker and residents
Cons
Management Style or lack of it.
Rewarding Place to work in
Administrative Assistant/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 24, 2015
Working with clients in attaining goals towards their sobriety and mental health needs. I enjoy working with the staff at this agency. Everyone from the CEO to my peers are great to work with.
Pros
salary
Cons
no cons
Great place to work. They care about what we do.
Clinical Coordinator Problem Gambling Services (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTFebruary 18, 2015
Recovery Network of Programs has placed in the Top Five Workplaces in Connecticut four times. The employees are the people who voted for them.
producative, effective, dedicated
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport CTSeptember 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was serving the community in which I lived and being able to see the positive effects that my work effort had on the community
Pros
working with clients to ensure progress in their battle with addiction
Productive work place
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 29, 2014
Working for RNP was very life changing. The Co-workers were very happy and nice to work with. Our job was very challenging and always productive. I learned so much working at this job I grew as a person/Individual and my experience grew working with finances,accounts,and learning more about our place of work.
Pros
Management was always giving to their employees
Cons
short breaks
Cares about employees.
❸ Case Manager, Supervised Apartment Program (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 12, 2013
Love the clients.
A great chance to get experience from the trenches.
fun place to work, a company picnic in the summer with games and lots of food and beverages.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 15, 2013
Working in a detox center, safety is very important. The day starts at 5:30 in the morning with the registration of the clients who are assess from the moment they enter the building. They are assess by looking at how they walk, there speech, their eyes and their mannerisms, as most of the clients we serve have mental issues and take other medications as well, also most of them have a history of drug abuse, prescription and illicit drugs. My assessment skills have improved a lot from working with this population, and how to manage and work with this group effectively and see results. Everyone work as a multidisciplinary group to fulfill our client's needs, nurses and counselors and other members of the team. The hardest part of the job is to get the clients to comply at times with some of the rules at the center. The most rewarding part of the job is the successes, when a client is successful and move on to a more productive life.
Pros
Free company dinner at the end of the year
Cons
short coffee breaks plus an additional lunch break
Extremely rewarding when effective in other's lives
Counselor/Case Manager/Night Monitor (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 3, 2013
For many years, while employed at RNP before it became clinical. My typical day was more case management, counseling; therapy and treatment, my day would go as followed: read communications log upon arrival then perform rounds, wake up call: assist in meal; meal planning, med monitoring, assist in setting appointments to physical and pshychiatric Dr.'s; advocacy, assist in redetermination for DSS, groups settings such as relapse prevention, coping skils, life skills, social skills, character building techniques, interpersonal skills, budget skills,.; 1:1 counseling, planned outings; family liason, etc. The past for years, Under the new management, I learned treamendous amount of clinical work. Monotored Methadone line, File & organizing paper and folders; intakes; breathylyzer testing; pregnancy testing; Urinalysis; groups; 1:1 counseling. My Coordinator, whom I was under for many year was an awesome and fair person. Some of the Co-workers and myself developed a close relationship. The hardest part of my Job was the switching of CEO's and adjusting to the new method planning for the community from being more hands on with clients to now more clinical. All in All, the job taught me alot and my work ethics grew tremendously being around professional workers.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
senority workers continually laid off.
Counselor
Counselor/Court Liaison (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJuly 26, 2012
Enjoyed working with clients and performing job duties. I recieved paid training and access to training as needed.
Pros
trainings
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace
Behavioral Health Care Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 21, 2012
A typical day at wirk consists of case management by assisting clients to maintain their sobriety. I have learned the different stages of addiction and how to help someone take the necessary steps to live a healthier life. Management at this facility was very good, they made sure that their workers along with the clients were being treated fairly and with respect. My coworkers were very helpful with teaching me the different aspects of the job. I feel like the hardest part of the job is getting the proper information from the client but i learned over time that because of this disease an addict is very hesitant to share everything in the beginning. The most enjoyable part of the job is that i get to meet different people everyday and i learn something new on a regular basis.
Pros
holidays off, weekends off
Cons
security
Customer orientated
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 30, 2012
Except for a divide between management sectors, I would consider this to be one of the best places I have ever worked.

Multiple sites, and departments, interesting people. Fun group of co-workers
Pros
diversity
Cons
quick to judge.