Job Description: PT/FT Operations Administrator
Position Brief: Position will be a combination of traditional roles (Administrative Assistant, Office Manager, Bookkeeper) as required by the organization and staff. The position will be Part-Time requiring approximately 20-25 hours per week, initially. The opportunity for this to become a Full Time position exists as the individual is able to take on more and more responsibilities (e.g. marketing assistance, sales assistance, etc.)
Company Brief: We are a small technology services company located in the Philadelphia Navy Yard. We expect all employees to contribute to all aspects of the organization as much as they can – in both a support role as well as an analyst role whereby everyone can have input into all aspects of the organization. As such, we have identified this as a Part Time position but will increase hours as much as the person is able to manage. We are also open to “job sharing” between multiple people.
Reports to: Directly reports to CEO though is responsible for supporting and working with the entire staff
- Managing Payroll, Benefits, and necessary paperwork associated therewith
- Maintain Personnel records and compliance
- Support various ad hoc projects requiring independent research
- File standard paperwork required for Federal, State and City reporting
- Reviews employee expenses
- Supports outside vendor relationships (401k, benefits administration, hardware/software suppliers, etc.)
- Coordinate company outings
- Plan/Schedule marketing events
- Manage the Invoicing process to ensure accurate billing
- Maintains/Modifies Chart of Accounts to properly depict business operations
- Provide regular financial reports (via Quickbooks and Excel)
- Preparation and analysis for Tax Accountant review
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Assist with annual budgeting; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Assist with email campaigns
- Assist with developing marketing brochures
- Perform “creative” tasks associated with website, brochures, email campaigns, etc.
- Provide creative writing for marketing/sales brochures
- Provide content for blogs, Twitter, Linked-In and other social media outlets
- Computer Skills: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular, Word and Excel. Excellent understanding of Quickbooks and general accounting methods.
- Qualitative Attributes: Must fit into a team atmosphere and be a team player; must be able to work independently; must be analytical and innovative with good problem solving skills; must have excellent verbal and written communication abilities; must maintain a high level of confidentiality; must have an attention to detail.