Buffalo Gear was founded in 1962 has been serving the Industrial Community with gear manufacturing and other machining services for over 50 years. We have the privilege to provide machining services to some of the most formidable companies in the world.
The majority of our customers are in the Continental United States, however we also supply clients worldwide. Our customers include pump manufacturers and compressor manufacturers, machine builders, all-terrain vehicle companies, food and implement packaging plants, aerospace, the military as well as the marine trade, automotive parts distributors, and suppliers of the textile trades, among others. Our specialty lies in gear manufacturing including the production of spur gears, helical gears, worm gears and pinion gears.
Due to our reputation, proven quality and competitive pricing in gear manufacturing, we have been chosen as OEM suppliers to several major industries.
- Promote the Buffalo Gear Brand and the sales of all machined products within a designated geographical region.
- Identify new accounts and maintain relationships with industry suppliers and end users.
- Promptly obtain and deliver pricing proposals / quotes upon request
- Conduct sales presentations to potential customers to demonstrate the many and unique products offered by Buffalo Gear.
- Maintain customer accounts to insure all of our customers’ needs are being satisfied
- Maintain constant communication with all customers to ensure the product continues to meet their expectations and the desired results are being achieved
- Provide operations with monthly sales expectations to ensure adequate inventory supply is maintained for immediate delivery.
- Create, maintain and execute a successful territory sales plan
- Initiate and control sales processes with new clients
- Project a positive presence in negotiations to maximize revenues and profits
- Close and multi-task sales opportunities
- Follow up and monitor projects with current customers to ensure their satisfaction and gain additional market share
- Provide operations with monthly sales expectations to ensure adequate inventory supply is maintained
- Verifiable established industry contacts base and contacts in compatible industries
- Member of or owner of a Manufacturer’s Representative Firm
- Minimum of combined 3-5 years of successful sales experience in the machining industry
- Must be energetic, motivated, and willing to “Pound the Pavement” to identify potential customers not familiar with our products
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Must have above average computer skills
We provide the opportunity to supplement your income and product line with quality products and service. We associate with only the best and the brightest; if you consider yourself to be capable of becoming one of the best Representatives for our company, please send your resume to the Selection Committee.