Recycling Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere and great staff to work wit
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 27, 2017
I greeted customers and handled daily purchase and deposit activity. Filed paperwork. Scheduled appointments. Handled multi line phone calls. Assisted with the daily tasks throughout the office.
Sometimes a good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 28, 2017
The first 15 people that arrive are guaranteed to work so there fore rushing was a must. And the sitting area is bad we had to sit on the ground for chairs or sit in your car some people don't have cars.
Pros
Sometimes the boss will bring in lunch.
Cons
The break is very short.
Day at work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grenada, MSJune 19, 2017
It was very hot long and boring. I really didnt like this job i just dealt with it because i needed money. It was absolutely to hot in this warehouse and vey uncomfortable
Awesome
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Springville, INJune 2, 2017
I loved it, I worked when I wanted to . I was my own boss, mechanic, salesman, and laborer. I made a lot of money in a short period of time. I still miss the convenience of being able to be on vacation at a moments notice.
Pros
Being my own boss
Cons
Gas prices
productive work day
Republican (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCMay 17, 2017
On a typical day at work I would go through trash bins and separate the trash and put it where it goes. I didn't really learn anything while working at republican because it was easy.
Fun and friendly workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 30, 2017
Great place to meet new people around campus and benefit the community as well! Made lots of new friends and meet professors and faculty all around campus while picking up recycling. Shifts do not always last full time, so do not make as much as hours suggest, and can work in very hot and humid conditions since you are outside.
Pros
Regular BBQ's, friendly coworkers
Cons
No breaks, work in hot conditions, short hours
A good workplace environment.
Pratt Recycling (Former Employee) –  1 North Bridge St, Gary,IN 46404January 25, 2017
I liked the position because it was good workplace environment. The supervisor gave me a chance to display my potential and allowed me to explore the different machinery.
Pros
I enjoyed co-workers and management team.
Productive fast paced
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 4, 2016
very diversed work place, very fast paced and work well with employees has great benefits. flexible work schedule and break times.
Great Experience
customer service (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 18, 2016
Managers and co-workers have commented on high levels of accuracy and work productivity.
Takes pride in work and strives to improve work performance.
All memos, reports, forms and correspondence are completed on time with no errors.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
N/a
Great experience to do and learn something a little different
Materials setup/conveyor operator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 20, 2016
Was a good job opportunity to learn more about metals and their value. Overall a good experience at learning something a little different.
secure good working place without advancement opportunities
Scalehouse Attendant/ Load Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2015
good coworkers and relatively easy tasks to perform. you meet different people everyday but do perform same tasks every day which is helps to learn and be good at what you do and in the same time there are little opportunities for advancement
Great job, good hours, great people and equiptment.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MADecember 20, 2015
Great job, very early start time and new equiptment, however, the day can run long and the commute home takes too long, disrupting family time balance.
it was a good job room for advancement
Sanitation Engineer, Hustler Sanitary (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILNovember 20, 2015
it was a good job i started out doing landscaping did for a while and then they offered me a job doing recycling it was great during the summer time then they offered me another job doing some sanitary work each job paid more money that was great but it was a lot of hard work and long hours.
Pros
job security fair money always a lot of overtime
Cons
you were always getting a lot of fiberglass on you
dirtiest job at the plant
Rework Technician/Bulk Bay Loader (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 23, 2015
Although this was a "dirty" job , it was also perfect for me because it gave me the opportunity to work alone in a secluded area of the warehouse. If you are a self starter who needs very little supervision then this may be for you. basically you're just dumping out of date product into a can or plastic bottle crusher , bailing them and shipping them off to be sold.
Pros
minimum supervision, works alone
Cons
working outside under a canopy, swarms of bees in the summer
Life as a line worker
line worker, Mr.Bass (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 29, 2015
Keep up with your crew members.such as moving and keeping your eyey on the line.Its a really fast pace job.If you lack its slows up your team cause they have to pick up your slack
Pros
move slow you be lacking
Cons
keep your speed up
Great place to work at
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 6, 2015
I normally come into work get right to my job the managers are great its a great franchise to be apart of the most difficult part of the job was learning how to work the bailer machine now that I have it its no part of my job that I find hard anymore
Worked on a coveyer belt, also worked with the compacter, generall cleaning
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 31, 2015
* I'll get out of school , then head to work
* It benefited me because of school
* Work 4- 10hrs days
* Worked on the conveyer belt Sorting
* Also worked with the compacter- bailing cardboard boxes
* General cleaning
Pros
4- 10hrs days, Help me out wen I was going to school
Cons
It was always drity, Had to use an air hose to get all the dust off
productive
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 12, 2014
enjoyed showing up to work everyday. interested in going into business for myself.
Enjoyed being independent
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond VaAugust 18, 2014
A typical day would include scheduled pick ups of recycling materials, loading and unloading of materials, scheduled pick ups of passengers to specific locations designated by passengers.
A really good place to work
Assembler/Recycling (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 30, 2014
Once I learned the job, I worked with very little supervision. I learned a lot about all aspects of assembly of windows. Management was great and willing to reward good performance. My co-workers were helpful and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was finding out they were going out of business. The most enjoyable part was being trusted to do my job.