Recycling Employee Reviews in United States

Great experience to do and learn something a little different
Materials setup/conveyor operator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 20, 2016
Was a good job opportunity to learn more about metals and their value. Overall a good experience at learning something a little different.
secure good working place without advancement opportunities
Scalehouse Attendant/ Load Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2015
good coworkers and relatively easy tasks to perform. you meet different people everyday but do perform same tasks every day which is helps to learn and be good at what you do and in the same time there are little opportunities for advancement
Great job, good hours, great people and equiptment.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MADecember 20, 2015
Great job, very early start time and new equiptment, however, the day can run long and the commute home takes too long, disrupting family time balance.
it was a good job room for advancement
Sanitation Engineer, Hustler Sanitary (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILNovember 20, 2015
it was a good job i started out doing landscaping did for a while and then they offered me a job doing recycling it was great during the summer time then they offered me another job doing some sanitary work each job paid more money that was great but it was a lot of hard work and long hours.
Pros
job security fair money always a lot of overtime
Cons
you were always getting a lot of fiberglass on you
dirtiest job at the plant
Rework Technician/Bulk Bay Loader (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 23, 2015
Although this was a "dirty" job , it was also perfect for me because it gave me the opportunity to work alone in a secluded area of the warehouse. If you are a self starter who needs very little supervision then this may be for you. basically you're just dumping out of date product into a can or plastic bottle crusher , bailing them and shipping them off to be sold.
Pros
minimum supervision, works alone
Cons
working outside under a canopy, swarms of bees in the summer
Life as a line worker
line worker, Mr.Bass (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 29, 2015
Keep up with your crew members.such as moving and keeping your eyey on the line.Its a really fast pace job.If you lack its slows up your team cause they have to pick up your slack
Pros
move slow you be lacking
Cons
keep your speed up
Great place to work at
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 6, 2015
I normally come into work get right to my job the managers are great its a great franchise to be apart of the most difficult part of the job was learning how to work the bailer machine now that I have it its no part of my job that I find hard anymore
Worked on a coveyer belt, also worked with the compacter, generall cleaning
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 31, 2015
* I'll get out of school , then head to work
* It benefited me because of school
* Work 4- 10hrs days
* Worked on the conveyer belt Sorting
* Also worked with the compacter- bailing cardboard boxes
* General cleaning
Pros
4- 10hrs days, Help me out wen I was going to school
Cons
It was always drity, Had to use an air hose to get all the dust off
productive
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 12, 2014
enjoyed showing up to work everyday. interested in going into business for myself.
Enjoyed being independent
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond VaAugust 18, 2014
A typical day would include scheduled pick ups of recycling materials, loading and unloading of materials, scheduled pick ups of passengers to specific locations designated by passengers.
A really good place to work
Assembler/Recycling (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 30, 2014
Once I learned the job, I worked with very little supervision. I learned a lot about all aspects of assembly of windows. Management was great and willing to reward good performance. My co-workers were helpful and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was finding out they were going out of business. The most enjoyable part was being trusted to do my job.
Not recomended.
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2014
This job is time consuming with long days and poor pay. But can be an unique experience.
Hard laborous environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 13, 2014
I would wait at the recycling station until customers came by and i would attend them. First I would separate all of their materials and weigh it. I would calculate how much was due to them and then i would pay them, and wait for the next customer. I learned how to remain calm and handle rude and non-compliant customers.The management and other employees there were all generous and welcoming, nice to be around. The hardest part of the job was having to separate all the material the customers brought. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and building new relationships.
Pros
meet a lot of people
Cons
no benefts
Customer Satisfaction
Driver Residential (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTOctober 13, 2013
I think the reason I am a great driver is because I treat every service like it is my own. Every customer is different and has different needs. I understand that every customer I service needs to be treated with respect, and I haven’t let a single person down yet.

I have managed to successfully deliver outstanding service 100 percent of the time. In fact, my manager even received several calls from customers who wanted commend me on my courteousness and service. I know that I have to stay on schedule, but I would never sacrifice the safety of others in order to achieve that. With that in mind, I still have yet to be late to a single destination, except when extremely inclement weather interfered.

I also put forth extra effort to be as kind and caring as possible when delivering. That’s why I maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor at every single residence or business I visit. I know that my behavior affects the receiving party’s view of the company I work for. I consider myself a representative of this company and behave accordingly, even when I’m off the clock.

I take pride in my job and it’s always nice to see the smiling, faces of those waiting to be serviced. For every happy customer who has a pleasant exchange with me and receives service on time.
We do God's work !
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2013
I have a good time on the job , we have a WONDERFUL sales manager who's very good at keeping the attitude light . There's no opportunity for advancement for me though and that kind of hurts . I DO love the benefits , those are GREAT!!! We have good & bad employees like anyplace else . The hardest part of the job is the cleaning we have to do when we go down into the pits & clean out all the loose trash that drops down in there .
Pros
safety rewards, quarterly giveaways
Cons
poor communication between employees, supervisors & managers
BlackHawk Waste (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 20, 2013
Very bad management,My co-worker always complained bout everything they were asked to do,Recycling is very good to the environment,
Pros
pretty laid back
Cons
they didnt care about there employes
Fun but not stable work
Collector/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2013
work days or normal
management is very relaxed
coworker make work worth while
hardest part is going out of town with no notice
going out out of town
Pros
the people
Cons
work is not stable
Productive work
AR Billing/Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2012
Management did not value employees hard work, too much drama in the office not alot of team players in the office.
Pros
close to home
Cons
new management replaced office employees
Recycling
Recycling Technician (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHAugust 14, 2012
Typical day is picking up and recycling material to keep it out of the landfills.
It is a very productive and diverse environment.
Roll-Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2012
A typical day at work for me consists of switching and dumping dumpsters at various locations, in the city and suburbs. I learned how important it is to be a safe and efficient driver. Management works good with constant communication.I had no problem with my co-workers because I got along with everyone. The hardest part of the job is retrieving and replacing dumpsters in tight spaces safely. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing a task without an incident.