Red Bull

Red Bull Employee Reviews

Great office with even better people
Student Brand Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 21, 2015
The people are what really makes Red Bull unique. Everyone is passionate about what they do, are very competitive, and will make sacrifices to make the company and everyone in it progress.
Great company
Sales Rep (Current Employee), St. louis MOApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: 40 + hours work weeks
Great Job and great company to work for. They are always trying to help you out. They will never tell you are terrible or threaten your job. they will help out anyway they can so you can meet and exceed your goals.
Atmosphere like the movies
Merchandising (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 7, 2015
The camaraderie and environment was just like the movies. Employees that seem like family, employee meetings that are actually enjoyable to go to, and independence within your position.
Great squad
Content Producer (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 5, 2015
One of the best creative periods of my life. Great managers, and great co-workers that got their best work out of everyone, whether it be a writer or a fellow editor.
Good Company to work for
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee), San DiegoApril 4, 2015
Red Bull is a good company to work for. They provide great benefits and have a positive atmosphere. They have a great pitcher process procedure.
Exciting Job
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2015
Never a complaint working for Red Bull. Truly an awesome company to work for. I wish I could've spent more time with them, but commitments with school over weighed pursuing further opportunities for Red Bull.
Don't get suckered in like I did. Redbull Distribution Company is NOT RedBull North America
ASM (Current Employee), Houston, TxMarch 14, 2015
Pros: Pros? Uh, let's see.....NONE!
Cons: pretty much everything, not kidding, everything
Look people, it's simple. RedBull North America seems like a pretty cool place to work. redbull distribution company is not the same thing. Otherwise known as RBDC, this is by far, the worst company in North America to work for. You are a slave. 5 am to whenever late evening hour you get to go home, horrible, fake, and backstabbing managers, no direction from incompetent upper management. They will lie and create this atmosphere of "fun" until you get on board. Then, you will remember reading this and realize you've been duped.

I know saying this is the worst company to work for is a bold statement but I promise you, it's true. If you have a family that you never want to see, work minimum 13 hour days, be treated like a slave who can't do anything right and use your weekends to rest and be tired to do anything else, this is the place for you! People get fired daily, there is no job security unless you are a suck up and a company man. If not, your days are numbered. Most of the other ASM's here cant get jobs anywhere else which is why they get hired here. Trucks always break down and you will get the blame for that as well. Stores are always being added and you are to add them to an already crazy unmanageable route. Good luck getting replacment uniforms or merchandisers for your large stores.you are the salesman, driver, and merchandiser for all of your stores. You will get empty promises, lies, and a good amount of double talk to keep you conned but your 13-17 hour days will remain the same. The Houston branches are still working out of trailers!

Take my advice, stay very clear of this company. If you dont listen , you only have yourself to blame,
helpfull coworkers
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Manteca, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: no supervision hovering over your every move.
Cons: had to use own vehicle and put ware and tear on it with little to no reimbursment.
Lot of freedom, ability to use your own methods without judgement. Friendly work environment. Reputable company with some perks. Easy advancement opportunities.
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee), denver, coMarch 2, 2015

you are a one man army

little work/home balance

meetings every day

always working in the snow no matter how much snow
Fun place to work but now room for advancement
ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Great product and I loved working on my own. This job is all about repore with your managers, You can be out there all day if you don't know any concepts of selling.
Wings Team Member
Wings Team Member (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: fun, exciting, not the same experience every shift
This was a very fun and beneficial experience for me. I was apart of a team of 7 girls that were essentially the brand image of Red Bull. Each planned mission we would hand out approximately 200+ cans of varied flavors and answer any questions our consumers may ask. This required me to become an expert on the product, its ingredients, and all things Red Bull. I loved my co-workers and have created very close relationships with them on an informal basis. I loved the culture of the job and the actual job itself. We had the opportunity to meet hundreds of people every mission. However, as a full time student it was difficult to balance a job that was located 15 miles off campus and my school work, which in turn made me have to resign from my position on the Wings team.
Marketing
Brand Manager-- Field Marketing (Former Employee), Mexico CityFebruary 16, 2015
In charge of pro-active tasks such as:
- Events
- Sales or new services
- Managing content sampling
- PR stunts
- Marketing activations
You will like it if you like impossible commission goals and working 13 hour days. Pretty much a slave
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: everything
-13 hour days
-management doesn't know what they are doing
-co-workers are always quiting
-very physical
-not enjoyable
Poor training program in the Toledo Market
ASM (Former Employee), Toledo OhioJanuary 15, 2015
I work there for two months and was never really trained very well to perform the job duties as were expected. Training involved was riding with the "Wingman" and try to learn from him as you RUN thru the route. The next while for training I rode with the boss who seemed only interested in getting back to the branch as soon as possible. I was not even train on the route I would be running until the last two weeks of my "training". weeks went by and no one ever rode with me again until I wrote a request for a ride along as part of things the boss could do better.
The other salesmen were good people but management needs to learn to perform their job MUCH better.

They expect too much from their people.
Red Bull is perfect for those who have no desire to grow and develop
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: management, hours, company culture
I have worked for many CPG companies and Red Bull is by far the worst. The management here is second to all and inefficient at best. They are a joke!

Save yourself the trouble and do not work here. There is no room for advancement and your personal life will suffer.

No work life balance what so ever!
It was satisfactory
Laborer (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 15, 2014
It was satisfactory.
Aside from the occasional bird that flew into the warehouse.
If you work here be prepared for lies by upper management
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management, long hours, little pay, no life outside of work
I've been working here for over 2 1/2 years now and have seen this place go from being the greatest job to being the absolute worse I've ever had and it's all because of management. Typical day here is being to work by 5am, and don't be late cause you can be written up if you are. Then count our trucks that are almost always wrong and then have a group meeting to discuss weekly news. After that we go into the field and are supposed to get 20 stops done per day which is almost near impossible to do and still give each one the proper service they need. Then around 3 or 330 you head back in and then by about 4 you should be on your way home. All of this doesn't sound all that bad until you get into it and you see how bad management is.

There's only one DM here that actually knows what he's doing, we have one DM that has no beverage experience at all (obviously knows how to interview), one open DM spot that should be filled and then our branch manager is best friends with his boss. What's bad about that is, he's never done our job, he thinks he has but covering a week or a few days doesn't mean he knows what we go thru on a daily basis for months at a time, day in day out.....but he'll swear he's the best. Little man's complex I think cause he's really short.

Redbull just came out with this new focus on wanting to promote within, which would be great...but it's a lie. There's been DM position open for 3 month's and you mean to tell me that nobody at Redbull is qualified to get promoted? We're always told we're the best there is, but nobody is good enough for that job and they – more... hire outside the company? The last DM they hired from the outside has no idea what he's doing and can barely talk in front of us without sounding like a fool. You are definitely not treated with any respect here, you're talked about behind your back to other reps by management and you have no job security. The turn over rate here is amazing to me and it seems as if lower performing reps are treated better then the higher performing reps for some reason. Your monthly numbers are not fair and if you're a high performing rep, your numbers are higher cause the branch manager can't trust lower guys. Maybe fire those guys for poor performance and hire real salesman and not glorified order takes.

Bottom line is that if you're a single person that just wants to work and have no life then this is the job for you. It's definitely not a good job if you have a family (luckily I don't yet) but if you're planning on a family, think about how this job would be a struggle.

I don't feel my job is secure at all and I perform at an above average level. I've seen really good reps be fired and really good managers be fired for very strange reasons. The branch manager doesn't like us all being friends and doesn't believe that there should be any personal interaction with each other. If you don't see things the way that the branch manager does then you'll have a target on your back but if you brown nose and agree with him all the time then you'll be fine. Don't plan on getting promoted any time soon and you will go no where with the company. All managers are hand picked to make sure that the branch manager can use them to his advantage and are "yes" men. So if you have no opinion, want to work 13 hrs a day, be lied to, have no friends at work and always have the negative brought up to you instead of the positive then this is the job for you. – less
It's like family
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free red bull
Cons: long hours
the hardest part of my job was going back to the office cause I wanted to stay out and sell sell sell

management is great if you needed any thing they were right there for you

what can I say an very lively group love to have fun

what I love about my job is the challenge of the sale nothing is ever guaranteed
good enviorment
Venue Designer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks outside all the time
set up and break down events. warehouse duties including inventory,data processing,house keeping duties as well.
Fun and creative student job
Student Brand Manager (Former Employee), South of ParisOctober 2, 2014
- Typical day: create network, meet students and opinion leaders on their campus to develop the brand image, bring cans to events, report tasks done.
- Learned to organize myself better in order to be able to succeed at school and in my missions for Red Bull.
- Awesome management that gives you what you need to succeed. You are independent and handle your program as you want and the managers help you when you need.
- Strong idea of what co-workers do thanks to the reporting done on the private website of the company. It allows you to share your ideas and see what the others set on other campus.
- The hard part was to be able to handle school projects in the same time because you get super involved in the job really fast.
- The most enjoyable part was the independence I had, the means Red Bull gave me and meeting new people every day.

1 2 3

About Red Bull

You don't have to twirl a red cape in front of this bull to get a charge out of it. Red Bull markets its eponymous energy drink – Read more

Red Bull Salaries