Red Bull

Red Bull Employer Reviews

If you work here be prepared for lies by upper management
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management, long hours, little pay, no life outside of work
I've been working here for over 2 1/2 years now and have seen this place go from being the greatest job to being the absolute worse I've ever had and it's all because of management. Typical day here is being to work by 5am, and don't be late cause you can be written up if you are. Then count our trucks that are almost always wrong and then have a group – more... meeting to discuss weekly news. After that we go into the field and are supposed to get 20 stops done per day which is almost near impossible to do and still give each one the proper service they need. Then around 3 or 330 you head back in and then by about 4 you should be on your way home. All of this doesn't sound all that bad until you get into it and you see how bad management is.

There's only one DM here that actually knows what he's doing, we have one DM that has no beverage experience at all (obviously knows how to interview), one open DM spot that should be filled and then our branch manager is best friends with his boss. What's bad about that is, he's never done our job, he thinks he has but covering a week or a few days doesn't mean he knows what we go thru on a daily basis for months at a time, day in day out.....but he'll swear he's the best. Little man's complex I think cause he's really short.

Redbull just came out with this new focus on wanting to promote within, which would be great...but it's a lie. There's been DM position open for 3 month's and you mean to tell me that nobody at Redbull is qualified to get promoted? We're always told we're the best there is, but nobody is good enough for that job and they hire outside the company? The last DM they hired from the outside has no idea what he's doing and can barely talk in front of us without sounding like a fool. You are definitely not treated with any respect here, you're talked about behind your back to other reps by management and you have no job security. The turn over rate here is amazing to me and it seems as if lower performing reps are treated better then the higher performing reps for some reason. Your monthly numbers are not fair and if you're a high performing rep, your numbers are higher cause the branch manager can't trust lower guys. Maybe fire those guys for poor performance and hire real salesman and not glorified order takes.

Bottom line is that if you're a single person that just wants to work and have no life then this is the job for you. It's definitely not a good job if you have a family (luckily I don't yet) but if you're planning on a family, think about how this job would be a struggle.

I don't feel my job is secure at all and I perform at an above average level. I've seen really good reps be fired and really good managers be fired for very strange reasons. The branch manager doesn't like us all being friends and doesn't believe that there should be any personal interaction with each other. If you don't see things the way that the branch manager does then you'll have a target on your back but if you brown nose and agree with him all the time then you'll be fine. Don't plan on getting promoted any time soon and you will go no where with the company. All managers are hand picked to make sure that the branch manager can use them to his advantage and are "yes" men. So if you have no opinion, want to work 13 hrs a day, be lied to, have no friends at work and always have the negative brought up to you instead of the positive then this is the job for you. – less
It's like family
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free red bull
Cons: long hours
the hardest part of my job was going back to the office cause I wanted to stay out and sell sell sell

management is great if you needed any thing they were right there for you

what can I say an very lively group love to have fun

what I love about my job is the challenge of the sale nothing is ever guaranteed
good enviorment
Venue Designer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks outside all the time
set up and break down events. warehouse duties including inventory,data processing,house keeping duties as well.
Fun and creative student job
Student Brand Manager (Former Employee), South of ParisOctober 2, 2014
- Typical day: create network, meet students and opinion leaders on their campus to develop the brand image, bring cans to events, report tasks done.
- Learned to organize myself better in order to be able to succeed at school and in my missions for Red Bull.
- Awesome management that gives you what you need to succeed. You are independent and handle – more... your program as you want and the managers help you when you need.
- Strong idea of what co-workers do thanks to the reporting done on the private website of the company. It allows you to share your ideas and see what the others set on other campus.
- The hard part was to be able to handle school projects in the same time because you get super involved in the job really fast.
- The most enjoyable part was the independence I had, the means Red Bull gave me and meeting new people every day. – less
Great
Merchandiser (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY AT RED MAKING SHORE STORES HAVE THE RED BULL PRODUCT
Hit the Ground Running
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2014
Came in with an Idea of what is it to be a salesmen and now I am confident with not only selling and up selling products and services but account management as well.
Great workplace
Assistant Brand Manager (Current Employee), Tempe azJuly 30, 2014
Wish there were more challenges and opportunity for advancement
If you want to LIVE AT WORK you found the RIGHT PLACE, With little
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: none that i could find
Cons: very long hours, little pay, poor go to market plan, no work life balance
I have been the DSD business for 18 years, this was the worst place I have ever worked. The hours are crazy long easy 65 plus that's 1 reason I left the company. There is no real work life balance starting at 4:45 am and finishing your day leaving the warehouse after 6:00 pm note the other reason I left the company. The communication from above in my – more... option is lacking, they know the hours employees are working yet do nothing to correct the problem. Your employees need to be a company's #1 priority across the board from safety, account load, work life balance, I do not feel this was a top priority at Red Bull. The reps are paid penny's for the work load they have. The average rep was making around $42,000 a year if they hit all there objectives, key word is IF they hit all there objectives.

They do send the top reps to nice Red Bull events but again you need to be the cream of the crop and that's how it should be. The product is second to none in the market and does sell very well for being so high priced. A normal day is 18-24 plus accounts give or take on the day. I made the wrong decision going to Red Bull, not saying its like this across the country but I would not make the same decision again knowing what I know now.

I made the choice to go to red bull well because its Red bull, thinking it would be a cool place to work _ GOD I WAS WRONG. What I can tell you in closing is this, if you want to work long hours for penny's apply. The positive is you will have job security as they already have turnover. FYI I now drink nothing but MONSTER. – less
Fantastic employer!
Senior Cell Brand Manager (Former Employee), RussiaJune 5, 2014
Pros: amazing projects
Cons: sometimes it is disorganized
Working for Red Bull means adopting the corporate lifestyle, which is awesome!
Fun Work Place
Assistant Brand Manager (Contract) (Current Employee), TempeJune 1, 2014
Great place to work, advancement and pay make things difficult.
Super Great Job
Wings Team Member (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 28, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
I love working for this company! My coworkers and boss are the best. I love the fact that it helps me network and meet new people.
Great place to work with fun, active, young people.
Wings Team Captain (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 23, 2014
Pros: cool car and cool people
I love working for Red Bull. It is a great company with room with to grow.
fun place to work
sales distributer (Current Employee), new york, nyFebruary 20, 2014
i enjoy working here. my day consists of working with others and interacting with customers
productive work place
Event Staff (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2014
fun place to work for, great boss and team members, i learned how to use the forklift and we work at fun events such as Flugtag
Sky's the limit company culture with countless opportunities to exhibit creativity and drive.
Student Brand Manager (Current Employee), Chicago ILDecember 29, 2013
The Student Brand Manager role with Red Bull allows collegiate level employees to shoot for the stars in taking ownership of branding initiatives on their campus. In all the job integrates promoting Red Bull products and properties into the social lifestyle of outgoing students with a fun balance of responsibility and expectations. Interested SBMs are – more... afforded the opportunity to further explore the world of Red Bull beyond the confines of campus life by being included into regional and national marketing programs, occasional trips, and integration with the full Red Bull team of employees. The culture that is created among a score of enthuiastic collegiate Red Bull employees is easily one of the greatest perks of this job. – less
Marketing, done a different way.
Beverage Field Marketing & Promotions Rep (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 17, 2013
Pros: energy anyhow you can give it.
Cons: not everyone wants what you have to offer.
Gathered market research, assisted with regional sponsored events, and communicate brand’s unique aura while sampling product.

This brand encourages out-of-the-box strategy and thinking. If you have an innovative attitude, and are an extrovert with energy, this is for you!
Very Political and no culture or stability
District Manager (Former Employee), Detroit ManagerSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: ?????
Cons: hours, pay and corporate politics
Pro- Money was ok ifin management but if route sales was your job it is better paying at a fast food restaurant. You will work 70 hours a week and get paid nothing. Every week people quit or get fired. That is not a very stable job? If you work for RBDC you will not like it.
Productive and fun
Student Brand Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2013
Pros: free red bull, productive meetings with perks, the people
Cons: no cons
Best company to work for. It involves a lot of projects, and using time management skills to get it all done in a timely matter. The perks that the company gives you really give back to their employees for all of the hard work. Every co-worker inspires you to do the best you can, or strive to be even better.
Great Promotions
Promotions Agent (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 6, 2013
Pros: fun shifts
Cons: meeting people who did not enjoy red bull
With Red Bull being a new product, we were responsible for introducing it to Hawaii.

Whether we promoted Red Bull at a convention or just drive around the island, we were very excited to talk to people and get their feedback on the product.

The leadership was very positive which helped us promote Red Bull even more. The best part of the job was seeing – more... peoples reaction to the product. I had great co-workers and learned a smile goes a long way! – less
red bull is great! very exciting to work for
Student Brand Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 26, 2013
love to do extreme tasks! everyday is an adventure
co workers sometimes don't live near by but its cool when you link up and do events together

1 2 3 4

About Red Bull

You don't have to twirl a red cape in front of this bull to get a charge out of it. Red Bull markets its eponymous energy drink – Read more