Red Bull Employee Reviews

If you work here be prepared for lies by upper management
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 25, 2014
I've been working here for over 2 1/2 years now and have seen this place go from being the greatest job to being the absolute worse I've ever had and it's all because of management. Typical day here is being to work by 5am, and don't be late cause you can be written up if you are. Then count our trucks that are almost always wrong and then have a group meeting to discuss weekly news. After that we go into the field and are supposed to get 20 stops done per day which is almost near impossible to do and still give each one the proper service they need. Then around 3 or 330 you head back in and then by about 4 you should be on your way home. All of this doesn't sound all that bad until you get into it and you see how bad management is.

There's only one DM here that actually knows what he's doing, we have one DM that has no beverage experience at all (obviously knows how to interview), one open DM spot that should be filled and then our branch manager is best friends with his boss. What's bad about that is, he's never done our job, he thinks he has but covering a week or a few days doesn't mean he knows what we go thru on a daily basis for months at a time, day in day out.....but he'll swear he's the best. Little man's complex I think cause he's really short.

Redbull just came out with this new focus on wanting to promote within, which would be great...but it's a lie. There's been DM position open for 3 month's and you mean to tell me that nobody at Redbull is qualified to get promoted? We're always told we're the best there is, but nobody is good enough for that job and they
  more... hire outside the company? The last DM they hired from the outside has no idea what he's doing and can barely talk in front of us without sounding like a fool. You are definitely not treated with any respect here, you're talked about behind your back to other reps by management and you have no job security. The turn over rate here is amazing to me and it seems as if lower performing reps are treated better then the higher performing reps for some reason. Your monthly numbers are not fair and if you're a high performing rep, your numbers are higher cause the branch manager can't trust lower guys. Maybe fire those guys for poor performance and hire real salesman and not glorified order takes.

Bottom line is that if you're a single person that just wants to work and have no life then this is the job for you. It's definitely not a good job if you have a family (luckily I don't yet) but if you're planning on a family, think about how this job would be a struggle.

I don't feel my job is secure at all and I perform at an above average level. I've seen really good reps be fired and really good managers be fired for very strange reasons. The branch manager doesn't like us all being friends and doesn't believe that there should be any personal interaction with each other. If you don't see things the way that the branch manager does then you'll have a target on your back but if you brown nose and agree with him all the time then you'll be fine. Don't plan on getting promoted any time soon and you will go no where with the company. All managers are hand picked to make sure that the branch manager can use them to his advantage and are "yes" men. So if you have no opinion, want to work 13 hrs a day, be lied to, have no friends at work and always have the negative brought up to you instead of the positive then this is the job for you.
benefits
Cons
poor management, long hours, little pay, no life outside of work
Don't get suckered in like I did. Redbull Distribution Company is NOT RedBull North America
ASM (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxMarch 14, 2015
Look people, it's simple. RedBull North America seems like a pretty cool place to work. redbull distribution company is not the same thing. Otherwise known as RBDC, this is by far, the worst company in North America to work for. You are a slave. 5 am to whenever late evening hour you get to go home, horrible, fake, and backstabbing managers, no direction from incompetent upper management. They will lie and create this atmosphere of "fun" until you get on board. Then, you will remember reading this and realize you've been duped.

I know saying this is the worst company to work for is a bold statement but I promise you, it's true. If you have a family that you never want to see, work minimum 13 hour days, be treated like a slave who can't do anything right and use your weekends to rest and be tired to do anything else, this is the place for you! People get fired daily, there is no job security unless you are a suck up and a company man. If not, your days are numbered. Most of the other ASM's here cant get jobs anywhere else which is why they get hired here. Trucks always break down and you will get the blame for that as well. Stores are always being added and you are to add them to an already crazy unmanageable route. Good luck getting replacment uniforms or merchandisers for your large stores.you are the salesman, driver, and merchandiser for all of your stores. You will get empty promises, lies, and a good amount of double talk to keep you conned but your 13-17 hour days will remain the same. The Houston branches are still working out of trailers!

Take my advice, stay
  more... very clear of this company. If you dont listen , you only have yourself to blame,  less
Pros
Pros? Uh, let's see.....NONE!
Cons
pretty much everything, not kidding, everything
If you want to LIVE AT WORK you found the RIGHT PLACE, With little
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg PAJuly 11, 2014
I have been the DSD business for 18 years, this was the worst place I have ever worked. The hours are crazy long easy 65 plus that's 1 reason I left the company. There is no real work life balance starting at 4:45 am and finishing your day leaving the warehouse after 6:00 pm note the other reason I left the company. The communication from above in my option is lacking, they know the hours employees are working yet do nothing to correct the problem. Your employees need to be a company's #1 priority across the board from safety, account load, work life balance, I do not feel this was a top priority at Red Bull. The reps are paid penny's for the work load they have. The average rep was making around $42,000 a year if they hit all there objectives, key word is IF they hit all there objectives.

They do send the top reps to nice Red Bull events but again you need to be the cream of the crop and that's how it should be. The product is second to none in the market and does sell very well for being so high priced. A normal day is 18-24 plus accounts give or take on the day. I made the wrong decision going to Red Bull, not saying its like this across the country but I would not make the same decision again knowing what I know now.

I made the choice to go to red bull well because its Red bull, thinking it would be a cool place to work _ GOD I WAS WRONG. What I can tell you in closing is this, if you want to work long hours for penny's apply. The positive is you will have job security as they already have turnover. FYI I now drink nothing but MONSTER.
Pros
none that i could find
Cons
very long hours, little pay, poor go to market plan, no work life balance
great job that allowed me to manage myself, and be part of a respectable company.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 11, 2016
the typical day at Red Bull was driving around to manage the list of accounts I had been given. When I would arrive, I would stock and fill shelves, rotate and remove expired product, build and set promotional displays for events and holidays, and assist the sales representatives in acquiring new accounts. I learned how to better stock and rotate products to ensure that all product was purchased before the expiration date. I also learned how to write purchase orders and how to determine which accounts would be able to hold more product in back stock to hold over until the next time I would arrive to check on their product. My co-workers were very professional and hard working. The hardest part of the job was working very early in the morning. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I would be done in the early afternoon or late morning and my manager always gave us cases of free red bull during the holidays.
Pros
great company, retirement options, benefits, great work schedule
Cons
mainly worked very early friday through sunday, on call throughout the week, management was hard to get in contact with.
Modern Day Slavery! No Work/Life Balance. AT ALL...
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 15, 2013
When I started working for RBDC, I was stoked. All was good till management decided for a huge push since we were doing very well in the market gaining shares back from the competitors here in SoCal. First year was great. Great benefits package, great pay... then came the changes in our pay structure. 3 times to be exact. Now we slave for what little we get compared to before. Middle management is horrible as they aren't real leaders, just puppets and yes men. As an ASM, there is no real advancement, unless you're a brown noser and a yes man yourself. Save yourself the mental stress and future back problems and work for another DSD company than RBDC. This review is for Red Bull Distribution Company; apparently working for RBNA is much better since their employees view employees from RBDC as the step sibling...
Pros
great benefits package
Cons
middle management, stressful office environment, high monthly goals and kpis
The wrost place to work probably in America
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, caJuly 27, 2012
Sales .

The worst place to work is in this Red Bull Branch in Livermore, a modern Slavery will wait for you.

This is by far the wrost profesional experience in my 16 yeas sales carrer, there is a lack of managment, very rude working enviorment very long hour and really low paid rate even though they post on the internet that you can make up to 70k a year it is more 30k a year there is a Mafia in this branch the Supervisors and Branch Manager will keep push you down as much as you let them and when you speak up they will fire up rigth away and be ready because they will make false statements to the EDD just to denied you your unemployment benefits. Really is a moder Slavery condition with this branch in particular.
Pros
the only thing good about this job was....let me think...ohhh yeah nothing.
Cons
this is by far the wrogrs profesional experience in my 16 yeas sales carrer
Fast pace with odd hours at times of big events.
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX Houston, TX Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2013
Get to the warehouse a hour before an infrastructure drop time and load up product such as tables, bars, tents, and speakers. Cordinate with co-workers and organize who will be doing what for the event. Get to the job site and meet with director of event to make sure infrastructure is in proper positions and in working order. I had 3 to 4 employees I looked over depending on the size of the job. Management scheduled who would be working for the day and who drove the company vehicle. Hardest part of the job was picking up the events in the early am hours when you have already worked a ten to twelve hour day and than have to be at the job site again the next day with only a few hours of sleep. The best part was meeting new people in a fun place where the events took place.
Pros
free event tickets
Cons
poor structure of events and time management
Fun and creative student job
Student Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  South of ParisOctober 2, 2014
- Typical day: create network, meet students and opinion leaders on their campus to develop the brand image, bring cans to events, report tasks done.
- Learned to organize myself better in order to be able to succeed at school and in my missions for Red Bull.
- Awesome management that gives you what you need to succeed. You are independent and handle your program as you want and the managers help you when you need.
- Strong idea of what co-workers do thanks to the reporting done on the private website of the company. It allows you to share your ideas and see what the others set on other campus.
- The hard part was to be able to handle school projects in the same time because you get super involved in the job really fast.
- The most enjoyable part was the independence I had, the means Red Bull gave me and meeting new people every day.
Sky's the limit company culture with countless opportunities to exhibit creativity and drive.
Student Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILDecember 29, 2013
The Student Brand Manager role with Red Bull allows collegiate level employees to shoot for the stars in taking ownership of branding initiatives on their campus. In all the job integrates promoting Red Bull products and properties into the social lifestyle of outgoing students with a fun balance of responsibility and expectations. Interested SBMs are afforded the opportunity to further explore the world of Red Bull beyond the confines of campus life by being included into regional and national marketing programs, occasional trips, and integration with the full Red Bull team of employees. The culture that is created among a score of enthuiastic collegiate Red Bull employees is easily one of the greatest perks of this job.
Wings Team Member
Wings Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 19, 2015
This was a very fun and beneficial experience for me. I was apart of a team of 7 girls that were essentially the brand image of Red Bull. Each planned mission we would hand out approximately 200+ cans of varied flavors and answer any questions our consumers may ask. This required me to become an expert on the product, its ingredients, and all things Red Bull. I loved my co-workers and have created very close relationships with them on an informal basis. I loved the culture of the job and the actual job itself. We had the opportunity to meet hundreds of people every mission. However, as a full time student it was difficult to balance a job that was located 15 miles off campus and my school work, which in turn made me have to resign from my position on the Wings team.
Pros
fun, exciting, not the same experience every shift
Your hard work will go unnoticed.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 1, 2013
I worked for this distributor for a few years with little pay raise and no advancement opportunity. If you can work in a, "good ol' boy" system or are related to the management here then you may find great success. The management do not possess great leadership skills nor do they have adequate training in business management/ethics. Other than the management here the employees work hard for what they earn and they are underpaid verses other districts.
Sales of this product have dipped over the last few years but Red Bull is still the best energy product on the market and provides pharmacy grade taurine, something that the competition is unable to provide.
Pros
free red bull
Cons
poor leadership and management.
Poor training program in the Toledo Market
ASM (Former Employee) –  Toledo OhioJanuary 15, 2015
I work there for two months and was never really trained very well to perform the job duties as were expected. Training involved was riding with the "Wingman" and try to learn from him as you RUN thru the route. The next while for training I rode with the boss who seemed only interested in getting back to the branch as soon as possible. I was not even train on the route I would be running until the last two weeks of my "training". weeks went by and no one ever rode with me again until I wrote a request for a ride along as part of things the boss could do better.
The other salesmen were good people but management needs to learn to perform their job MUCH better.

They expect too much from their people.
Great Promotions
Promotions Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 6, 2013
With Red Bull being a new product, we were responsible for introducing it to Hawaii.

Whether we promoted Red Bull at a convention or just drive around the island, we were very excited to talk to people and get their feedback on the product.

The leadership was very positive which helped us promote Red Bull even more. The best part of the job was seeing peoples reaction to the product. I had great co-workers and learned a smile goes a long way!
Pros
fun shifts
Cons
meeting people who did not enjoy red bull
seams that they are energy
route sales driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2013
I like the fact the red bull is sponcering so mamy different things that theres always something to do.My typical day is getting up a 0430 getting to work at0600.Theres always sonething to learn from everyone it just takes the time to listen,all the people i work with are wonderfull,theres no hardest thing about my job it's all fun and challenging.But the placed closed.
Pros
i never go hungery
Cons
i've been burned/cut and smell like hamburbers and old gease.
Best Company to work for
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2012
Red Bull North American was one of the greatest companies I have ever worked for. With such a supportive management team, great work environment and fun culture, it made each day rewarding. Starting off as part of the promotions team really built my appreciation for the brand. As I continued on with the job, I was able to gain the experience of activating large events with the Marketing Specialist. It was a great learning experience.
productive layed back, working round peolpe,
manager I (Former Employee) –  durham, NC.May 13, 2013
A normal day at work was to check the truck before they want out. Working here tough me how to be very responible about me work place. This job had great management skills good benefits, 401k, etc. My co-workers was easy going people and would help out any body that needed help. Mostchallage part about this work was routing and reroute for the next day. Been able to get up to work and able to be a leader to other.
Pros
hour lunchs
Cons
graet benefits
productive and fun atmosphere
Finance and Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PEAugust 4, 2012
Red Bull is a very productive and youg compnany with an extraordinery hard-working yet fun atmosphere. Work is rewarded with events and an outgoing group of people.
I learned to pay attention to what I am told by my supervisor and ask questions and clarify any confusions. I find it very important in an entry level job to have the ability to ask questions in order to get the job done without mistakes.
Overall Best Place to Work
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 30, 2013
Red Bull is the coolest company out there.

Through my Sports Marketing internship I gained an in depth knowledge of the industry and of the various ways to market an event or product.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working on events, with the athletes, pretty much everything was great.

No complaints whatsoever.

I highly recommend anyone interested in Sports, Music & Culture to get a job with Red Bull.
Pros
events
Cons
n/a
Red Bull Wiings Team
Wings Team Member (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2015
As a wings team member I work 13 to 18 hours per week as it is a part time collegiate job.
I've learned more about reporting statistics,managing and recording inventory,organizing high quality shifts per week striving to reach out to new users of the brand along with creating a personal relationships with consumers.
Currently my place of employment insist of a all female group working to reach the hearts of millions.
Best place you could hope to work!
Can't say, it would give me away! :-) (Current Employee) –  Santa MonicaMarch 19, 2013
I would say Red Bull is one of the best places out there in the US. Benefits, culture, honestly work hard, play hard kind of crowd. It's a perform or find the door place with great rewards and the kind of re-investment in employees that really matters in helping them perform. Big plus!
Pros
sometimes work is work and we have to re-invent the wheel!
Cons
sometimes work is work and we have to re-invent the wheel!

Comment – June 10, 2013

What is the best way to seek employment with Red Bull?