Red Bull

Red Bull Employer Reviews

Fun place to work but now room for advancement
ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Great product and I loved working on my own. This job is all about repore with your managers, You can be out there all day if you don't know any concepts of selling.
Wings Team Member
Wings Team Member (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: fun, exciting, not the same experience every shift
This was a very fun and beneficial experience for me. I was apart of a team of 7 girls that were essentially the brand image of Red Bull. Each planned mission we would hand out approximately 200+ cans of varied flavors and answer any questions our consumers may ask. This required me to become an expert on the product, its ingredients, and all things Red Bull. I loved my co-workers and have created very close relationships with them on an informal basis. I loved the culture of the job and the actual job itself. We had the opportunity to meet hundreds of people every mission. However, as a full time student it was difficult to balance a job that was located 15 miles off campus and my school work, which in turn made me have to resign from my position on the Wings team.
Marketing
Brand Manager-- Field Marketing (Former Employee), Mexico CityFebruary 16, 2015
In charge of pro-active tasks such as:
- Events
- Sales or new services
- Managing content sampling
- PR stunts
- Marketing activations
Coast to coast its bad on both sides
ASM (Former Employee), East BUFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: management style is ran like a dictatorship, no work life balance, 13+ hr day (60-65 wks), calls from management day and night and on weekends, unreachable goals the following month if you made some money the month before
The recent post from the former Account Sales Manager from Riverside, CA sums it up perfectly!! His review is exactly how it is at RBDC... its just as bad on the east coast...
You will like it if you like impossible commission goals and working 13 hour days. Pretty much a slave
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: everything
-13 hour days
-management doesn't know what they are doing
-co-workers are always quiting
-very physical
-not enjoyable
Poor training program in the Toledo Market
ASM (Former Employee), Toledo OhioJanuary 15, 2015
I work there for two months and was never really trained very well to perform the job duties as were expected. Training involved was riding with the "Wingman" and try to learn from him as you RUN thru the route. The next while for training I rode with the boss who seemed only interested in getting back to the branch as soon as possible. I was not even train on the route I would be running until the last two weeks of my "training". weeks went by and no one ever rode with me again until I wrote a request for a ride along as part of things the boss could do better.
The other salesmen were good people but management needs to learn to perform their job MUCH better.

They expect too much from their people.
Red Bull is perfect for those who have no desire to grow and develop
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: management, hours, company culture
I have worked for many CPG companies and Red Bull is by far the worst. The management here is second to all and inefficient at best. They are a joke!

Save yourself the trouble and do not work here. There is no room for advancement and your personal life will suffer.

No work life balance what so ever!
It was satisfactory
Laborer (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 15, 2014
It was satisfactory.
Aside from the occasional bird that flew into the warehouse.
If you work here be prepared for lies by upper management
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management, long hours, little pay, no life outside of work
I've been working here for over 2 1/2 years now and have seen this place go from being the greatest job to being the absolute worse I've ever had and it's all because of management. Typical day here is being to work by 5am, and don't be late cause you can be written up if you are. Then count our trucks that are almost always wrong and then have a group meeting to discuss weekly news. After that we go into the field and are supposed to get 20 stops done per day which is almost near impossible to do and still give each one the proper service they need. Then around 3 or 330 you head back in and then by about 4 you should be on your way home. All of this doesn't sound all that bad until you get into it and you see how bad management is.

There's only one DM here that actually knows what he's doing, we have one DM that has no beverage experience at all (obviously knows how to interview), one open DM spot that should be filled and then our branch manager is best friends with his boss. What's bad about that is, he's never done our job, he thinks he has but covering a week or a few days doesn't mean he knows what we go thru on a daily basis for months at a time, day in day out.....but he'll swear he's the best. Little man's complex I think cause he's really short.

Redbull just came out with this new focus on wanting to promote within, which would be great...but it's a lie. There's been DM position open for 3 month's and you mean to tell me that nobody at Redbull is qualified to get promoted? We're always told we're the best there is, but nobody is good enough for that job and they – more... hire outside the company? The last DM they hired from the outside has no idea what he's doing and can barely talk in front of us without sounding like a fool. You are definitely not treated with any respect here, you're talked about behind your back to other reps by management and you have no job security. The turn over rate here is amazing to me and it seems as if lower performing reps are treated better then the higher performing reps for some reason. Your monthly numbers are not fair and if you're a high performing rep, your numbers are higher cause the branch manager can't trust lower guys. Maybe fire those guys for poor performance and hire real salesman and not glorified order takes.

Bottom line is that if you're a single person that just wants to work and have no life then this is the job for you. It's definitely not a good job if you have a family (luckily I don't yet) but if you're planning on a family, think about how this job would be a struggle.

I don't feel my job is secure at all and I perform at an above average level. I've seen really good reps be fired and really good managers be fired for very strange reasons. The branch manager doesn't like us all being friends and doesn't believe that there should be any personal interaction with each other. If you don't see things the way that the branch manager does then you'll have a target on your back but if you brown nose and agree with him all the time then you'll be fine. Don't plan on getting promoted any time soon and you will go no where with the company. All managers are hand picked to make sure that the branch manager can use them to his advantage and are "yes" men. So if you have no opinion, want to work 13 hrs a day, be lied to, have no friends at work and always have the negative brought up to you instead of the positive then this is the job for you. – less
It's like family
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free red bull
Cons: long hours
the hardest part of my job was going back to the office cause I wanted to stay out and sell sell sell

management is great if you needed any thing they were right there for you

what can I say an very lively group love to have fun

what I love about my job is the challenge of the sale nothing is ever guaranteed
good enviorment
Venue Designer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks outside all the time
set up and break down events. warehouse duties including inventory,data processing,house keeping duties as well.
Fun and creative student job
Student Brand Manager (Former Employee), South of ParisOctober 2, 2014
- Typical day: create network, meet students and opinion leaders on their campus to develop the brand image, bring cans to events, report tasks done.
- Learned to organize myself better in order to be able to succeed at school and in my missions for Red Bull.
- Awesome management that gives you what you need to succeed. You are independent and handle your program as you want and the managers help you when you need.
- Strong idea of what co-workers do thanks to the reporting done on the private website of the company. It allows you to share your ideas and see what the others set on other campus.
- The hard part was to be able to handle school projects in the same time because you get super involved in the job really fast.
- The most enjoyable part was the independence I had, the means Red Bull gave me and meeting new people every day.
Great
Merchandiser (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY AT RED MAKING SHORE STORES HAVE THE RED BULL PRODUCT
Hit the Ground Running
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2014
Came in with an Idea of what is it to be a salesmen and now I am confident with not only selling and up selling products and services but account management as well.
Great workplace
Assistant Brand Manager (Current Employee), Tempe azJuly 30, 2014
Wish there were more challenges and opportunity for advancement
If you want to LIVE AT WORK you found the RIGHT PLACE, With little
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: none that i could find
Cons: very long hours, little pay, poor go to market plan, no work life balance
I have been the DSD business for 18 years, this was the worst place I have ever worked. The hours are crazy long easy 65 plus that's 1 reason I left the company. There is no real work life balance starting at 4:45 am and finishing your day leaving the warehouse after 6:00 pm note the other reason I left the company. The communication from above in my option is lacking, they know the hours employees are working yet do nothing to correct the problem. Your employees need to be a company's #1 priority across the board from safety, account load, work life balance, I do not feel this was a top priority at Red Bull. The reps are paid penny's for the work load they have. The average rep was making around $42,000 a year if they hit all there objectives, key word is IF they hit all there objectives.

They do send the top reps to nice Red Bull events but again you need to be the cream of the crop and that's how it should be. The product is second to none in the market and does sell very well for being so high priced. A normal day is 18-24 plus accounts give or take on the day. I made the wrong decision going to Red Bull, not saying its like this across the country but I would not make the same decision again knowing what I know now.

I made the choice to go to red bull well because its Red bull, thinking it would be a cool place to work _ GOD I WAS WRONG. What I can tell you in closing is this, if you want to work long hours for penny's apply. The positive is you will have job security as they already have turnover. FYI I now drink nothing but MONSTER.
Fantastic employer!
Senior Cell Brand Manager (Former Employee), RussiaJune 5, 2014
Pros: amazing projects
Cons: sometimes it is disorganized
Working for Red Bull means adopting the corporate lifestyle, which is awesome!
Fun Work Place
Assistant Brand Manager (Contract) (Current Employee), TempeJune 1, 2014
Great place to work, advancement and pay make things difficult.
Super Great Job
Wings Team Member (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 28, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
I love working for this company! My coworkers and boss are the best. I love the fact that it helps me network and meet new people.
Great place to work with fun, active, young people.
Wings Team Captain (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 23, 2014
Pros: cool car and cool people
I love working for Red Bull. It is a great company with room with to grow.

1 2 3

About Red Bull

You don't have to twirl a red cape in front of this bull to get a charge out of it. Red Bull markets its eponymous energy drink – Read more