Red Carpet Inn Employee Reviews

Very biased
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMarch 4, 2017
I love working in hospitality however not here. I wish I got paid for everything I do and the way things worked had more order. Management is very scattered which makes it difficult to work.
Pros
gives opportunities
Cons
little or no communication in the workplace
Good Job
FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2017
busy Hotel ,I learn reservation, operate credit card authorization, customer service ,management, funny guest ,enjoy different people , working with housekeepers, maintenance people, laundry men's
Pros
free breck fast
OK place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 23, 2017
Need better staff nicer people to work for, this place is really nasty they don't give you gloves to clean with half the time you did not have your cleaning stuff or clean bedding
Busy location
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 24, 2016
High volume location for out of town guests. Good for travelers on a budget. Management is very straightforward. They are not rude. Everyone that works there is for the most part happy and friendly. I enjoy working here.
not safe
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 17, 2016
very scary place to work, the management doesnt care about employees and throw you to the wolfs. there are no english speaking house keepers
Pros
on your own time
Cons
working around drug addicts
Great Place to Work
Housekeeping Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 19, 2016
Nice friendly people, you can work at your own pace and when most of your work is done you get a good lunch. Friendly and flexible people to work for and with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No overtime
A job that has opened my eyes to new things
Concierge (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  13 Juliustown RdJuly 22, 2015
my typical day at work is never typical,its a adventure everynight.

many things i have learned especialy with different people.

working management is nothing new to me its a world of work and choices.

my co-worker is young and does not understand that to work our area of job,that we must not put ourselve to a high lvl,that we are here to serve the customer not ourselves.
the hardest thing about the job is sometimes it gets lonenly, and i push myself to the limit .

my most enjoyable part is seeing people happy and secure
Pros
work hard play hard
Cons
no real time for myself
Hotel with pool
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VAMay 23, 2016
Be on time, make up beds, clean windows, take the laundry to the laundry room, vaccum, dust, have the rooms done in the time requested by the manager.
Pros
Nothing special
Cons
Short breaks
Oranginize professional workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMarch 29, 2012
Love to assist customer to the best of my knowledge.
Help with any Inquiries.
Pros
frequent breaks, discount lunch
Cons
no benefits
co workers are like famiy.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 19, 2015
typical day at work would be taking care of customers day in and out, also helping housekeepers with what their daily rooms are. I have learned that there are difficult people in this world, but 4 out of 5 times you can help the customer to be happy. management at the hotel is very encouraging , and also looks out for you in every way. my coworkers are like a small family and we all get along. the hardest part would be kicking customers out, or seeing homeless customers come along. the most enjoyable part would be just getting to know different customers.
Pros
paid vacation, bonus's, christmas bonus.
Cons
8 hour shifts.
the best job ever
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILDecember 13, 2015
i loved this job because it was a work at your own paste type of job. i learned alot working here like how to deal with customers both angry and pleased. the managment was very patient and understanding. the co-workers were team players. the hardest part of the job was the weekend rush, and holidays. we had to deep clean every room due to party damages. the best part about the job was the tips and finding all types of things people just didnt come back for.
Life saver
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmondville, NYMarch 2, 2016
This is a great job to work at. The only issue is the head housekeeper only speaks Hindi and refuses to learn to communicate in English.
I was blessed to work for this company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 14, 2014
I worked with this company for over 16 years and I have been blessed by the management staff who was like family to me. They were there for me when I went through different crisis in my life. Truly they were more then just employers. There was a mother and daughter who were trouble makers for alot of people but was faithful in coming to work when others didnt. That made the job hard because they were so evil. You had to smile and bare it
Pros
SUPPORTED YOU
Cons
HOURS WAS LOW, BECAUSE OF CLIENTEL
boring work place
Hotel Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 15, 2015
Very slow paced, not enough work to do throughout the day. the best part about the job is meeting different types of people, from several walks of life.
Cons
poor scheduling and communication with management
Bad Experience
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GAMay 25, 2012
Was hired as the manager to run the hotel but was not allowed to fire employees if they failed a drug test (a drug policy was signed when they were hired), the owner said pot was okay, if employees didn't like something, they called the owner and he told them they didn't have to abide by what I had said before he ever talked to me about what was going on. There were other unethical practices going on that I wanted no part of.
Pros
enjoyed the hours i worked, and it was a busy job
Cons
unethical business practices
nice clean and comfortable rooms
front desk clerk (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 28, 2012
satisfactory place for people who are moving or traveling. Ilearned how to process their computor to collect rent and reservations.. met a lot of different people along the way, and delt with problems tha occastionally developed. My co-workers were very helpful and fun. the hardest part of the job were doing evictions due to no pay. the most enjoyable paof the job, was meeting many different people from various places.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
no breaks
I was a General manager.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 14, 2013
I really enjoyed my job here at Red Carpet Inn.
I checked people in and out. I was in charge of staff hiring and firing.
I was in charge of maintenance, Housekeeping and Front Desk Clerks.
I took care of all office duties. But I did not take care of financials. The owner did all of that.
It was slow pace, small business but i loved my job.
Housekeeper- Effectively (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MDApril 17, 2012
Slow except on Saturday's, Increase my speed, managment was ok we didn't talk much. Nice and quiet we didn't interact a lot.Was not getting in a lot of work, I love seeing my work completed rooms all cleaned and customer is satisfied.
There Is Always Something New
Assistant Manager/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 25, 2014
When you are a front desk clerk, you have new adventures everyday. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is having to throw someone out of the motel and the most enjoyable is meeting new people.
No Room For Advancement
Assistant Manager/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCFebruary 8, 2014
No room to advance. I have worked for the motel since 2000 and there is no room to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Carpet Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4