Red Classic Transit Employee Reviews

Don't work in the dispatch office
Transportation Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 30, 2017
The dispatcher talks trash about me for being fat while I'm in the room, when the bosses are feeding us all the time and pressuring us to eat. People who have cheap cars get made fun of. We're scheduled for 10 hour shifts and discouraged from taking a lunch. I have spent several lunches sitting in my car crying because the job is intolerable, but I can't afford to be unemployed.
Pros
It's income
Cons
Everything about the culture
Fast pace
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2017
A typical work consist of delivering products to different customers working about 12 hours a day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with dispatch
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Working six days
Good ppl
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2017
Excellent dispatching. Very smoothe and weeks ahead of schedule, very professional atmosphere. A very powerful company, the type of power that puts you at the front of the Line with 95% of its customers. I can respect that.
Pros
Plenty of freight and a very well respected co. Powerful
Cons
Didn't help you with repairs when it comes to your truck.
Nice work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2017
Owner operator company decent pay can be better on home time try to keep drivers moving was not a bad place to work would have stayed if had had truck problems
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Fast pace
Good Job
TRUCK DRIVER, LOCAL P&D (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 8, 2017
New Company with lots to learn still ... Over all is a good place to work... a big down fall is , a lot the management come from route sales , so they have no clue how to manage local P&D ...
Pros
good pay
Cons
no home life, rules change daly
Good place to work. Great coworkers.
Mobile Fleet Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sylvester, GAJuly 25, 2017
Plenty of work to do. Maintain trucks, trailers, forklifts, and pallet jacks. Never boring because every day it's a different type of equipment. I learned a lot about material handling equipment and cargo liftgates on trailers. Good place to expand your skill set.
Pros
Great supervisor. Flexible scheduling.
Fast paced and can be stressful
ASSISTANT DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Bishopville, SCMay 31, 2017
Need to have better communication and management skills. This would greatly improve the company overall. Need to do a better job of holding everyone accountable in all aspects of the company. I strongly believe in a team atmosphere and this is not promoted.
Life is what you make of it!!!
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 5, 2017
I have recently started with Red Classic back in March as a Shuttle Driver out of Hanover, I Really enjoy what I do and The people that I work with! I feel that you get out of a company what you are willing to put into it! There is plenty of opportunity to make money if you are willing to work hard, but Safety must be your utmost importance!!!
Pros
Money is there to be made if your willing to work hard
Cons
Working Saturdays!!!
Horrible Management, No job security, Terrible pay
Diesel Mechanic {Former Employee} (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2017
Terrible ran shop from top to bottom! Very sloppy ! No respect for employees! You are absolutely disposable! No job security! Pay is horrible! Management has no clue how to run the business! Increase in pay is far from the truth . They get rid of employees before you have the opportunity to advance. This shop is a revolving door for Tech's ! I've seen 7 people come and go while working here in a year time. You'll work on company trucks as well as the owner operator while they making delivery to the dock engine hot with no more money to you.
Pros
Great Learning Experience
Cons
Horrible Management, No job security, Terrible pay, Holidays work
Productive environment
Assistant Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bishopville, SCJune 24, 2016
Most days are busy with assisting drivers. Must be good at multi-tasking. It also helps to be friendly and have a positive attitude as you are dealing with different individuals and multiple personalities.
Easy Job but very unorganized
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2016
I am currently a driver in charlotte, I have to admit this is probably the easiest job I ever had, actually to easy!! Very relaxed work place, come to work get your load assignment and leave.. when you get your deliveries off you just come back and go home.. ONLY THING BAD IS THE PAYROLL DEPARTMENT!! there are constantly mistakes made on your check EVERYWEEK!!!!!! and I mean everyweek! So if you can put up with your check being messed up everyweek and get the O'l saying we"ll put it on next weeks check I guess it aint that bad.... But who can afford to do that!
Pros
new equipment, all drop and hook
Cons
worst payroll dept EVER!
Okay job but a little disorganized
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2015
Enjoyed the job but has a few issues in the front office that can make life miserable. Payroll mistakes and dispatch are the biggest hiccups.
Pros
good pay
Cons
disorganized, payroll errors
A good owner operator job
owner operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 15, 2015
I love it. They keep you running good. Paid for loaded and unloaded miles. I love the company. Everyone is nice, treated with respect.
Pros
Lots of miles
Lots of changes coming
Transport driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2013
Red Classic is a subsidiary of Coca Cola bottling consolidated. That said the personnel at the Coca Cola facilities treat you like you are not an employee of the Coca Cola company. They treat you like an outside carrier. For instance when you arrive at the branches to deliver they won't let you inside to use the restroom. Management in Charlotte for RCT are very nice. It is a very easy job. You hook up your loaded trailer at the production facilities, or once in a blue moon double trailer sets, and deliver to the branches. It is all drop and hook with only live loading on a backhaul. It is pay by the mile system, and you are paid very little for actually waiting to get loaded. It is a slip seat operation so you may find yourself waiting for a truck and not getting to start on time. You will usually gross around $900 to $1,000 a week. Benefits when I worked there were pretty good and mostly affordable for family coverage. They were undergoing a lot of changes when I was there and some days we were called to sit at home. They want to be a common carrier and run like other companies (e.g. G&P trucking) They were bringing sleeper cabs on board and I wanted no part of it so I left.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Lot of changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Classic Transit. Our community is ready to answer.