RED Digital Cinema

RED Digital Cinema Employee Reviews

Fun work environment with casual dress and ability to bring dogs to office
Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Irvine, CaApril 11, 2014
Pros: ability to play sports (basketball, soccer) during lunch, fun environment
Cons: poor compensation, growth path, lack of communication from management
A typical day involves pulling data reports from SAP Business Objects, Microsoft AX and analyzing and formatting in Microsoft Excel. There are always dogs in the office which helps create a relaxed work environment. I have learned a great deal about the manufacturing process and operations as well as statistical data analysis for reporting and forecasting. The management is not very upfront and transparrent with updating the team on new items or business plans. The co-workers help create a very friendly, family-like environment. My favorite part of the job is telling people that blockbuster movies were shot on RED cameras. I also really like that I can play soccer at lunch.
Was great, not anymore
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 11, 2014
RED used to be amazing to work at. The environment was awesome but management has changed and employee well being seems to be at the bottom of the priority list.
Nice concept of employment
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: there not accountable for there devious employees
Nice place to work if you can put up with the politics in the management realm. There quick to make up reasons on why they should fire people.
Lack of vision from the Top Management
Engineering Program Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 27, 2013
- Lesson learned: I should not join this company, it was a waste of time.
- Unrealistic expectations from the Top Managment push the Project Management Team to commit to impossible timelines.
- Great co-workers, perhaps the best of this company.
Productive work place and also a fun place.
Purchasing Agent MRO Buyer/Expeditor (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free drinks (sodas, juices, power drinks)
Cons: company changing to more corporate work environment.
I worked at RED for 6 years. I moved up in the company and gained lots of experience. Managers do not micro manage and trust their employees to finish their duties. Very enjoyable work place that takes care of their workers.
fun work place
Quality Assurance/Warranty Data Analyst (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: casual dress code
Cons: lack of structure
a typical day at work is to keep all my reports up to date for direct manager.
I have learned to communicate with a lot of different departments and act as a liaison for my department.
management is not very structured for my department due to it's still a fairly new company and a lot of procedure is still work in process.
Hardest part for me would be working with the work in process ERP that the company is using. A lot of reports are still being developed by IT. In a way it allows me to problem solve and generate my personal reports via excel.
Productive and enjoyable.
Laser Engraver Operator/Programmer (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAMay 16, 2012
Current duties include sole responsibility for programming and operation of the Company’s computer-controlled laser engraving machine, in support of its professional cinema camera production line. Production line and related programming activities include creation of operational sequences utilizing CAD software, primarily for use with laser etching of bar codes, logos, and other graphics on finished cameras coming off the production line. Other programming responsibilities include certain re-work, repair and other one-time customization projects as requested by direct supervisors and members of executive management. Operator responsibilities require the highest level of attention to detail and, due to the high value of the cameras and the cost of re-work, a zero percent error rate is expected. Also leading ongoing training and supervision of new operator.