Red Gold Employee Reviews

Good products but tightly held family business
Sr Manager of Corporate Accounting (Former Employee) –  Orestes, INNovember 15, 2016
Great products and marketing of products. Tightly run family owned business which can develop a "cut throat" culture. Lots of upside opportunity for the business with good employees.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Business culture
A day at Red Gold
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Geneva, INAugust 21, 2016
A typical day starts out with waiting on assignments from the shift Supervisor. Once we receive our assignments we head out to our locations for the day conducting PM's and repairs as needed. Management is ok but seems to be more supervisors than needed which creates confusion when making decisions on what needs to be done. My co-workers are ok to work with as they have many years of experience. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the long hours instead of spending time with my family and going to school.
productive fast paced
Shipping Receiving (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INJune 6, 2016
its a very fast pace place never seen anything like it constantly going as fast as we could on forklifts(surprised no one got or hurt or worse)
it was fun until they started taking more and more from employees no support from supervisors , poor communication, always talked safety but nothing happened till something happened ,
Pros
good pay and beneifits some good people
Cons
no back up or support from supervisors poor communication
Terrible Environment
Corp Office (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 18, 2016
This company and their "culture" sucks. The most boring position I think I have ever had outside of working in manufacturing. And if the people around you do not like you, they make stuff up and you end up being called to your supervisor's office over it. Would never work for this company again.
Cons
People
It was okay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Orestes, INMarch 21, 2016
The company could be better in some ways but that goes for any company. Promotion is minimal and management is okay for the most part; varies each shift.
Terrible Environment Decent Benefits Package
Plant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orestes, INMarch 16, 2016
The corporate culture is dog eat dog and everyone is out to get their piece of the pie. It is hard to work with other departments and Red Gold does not foster an environment of unity within the company. Pay is sub-par although the benefits package is good. It is basically mandatory that you attend outside of work, work events as it shows up in your review. The Pack Season (harvest) is brutal and there is no financial incentive for salaried employees who work the weekends during this time. Heaven forbid you have a faith based objection to working on Sundays because you'll most definitely be working on Sunday. Don't take my word for it, ask them how much turnover they have in the plant accountant position.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Work environment, harvest season, working with other departments, base pay
Productive, good paying job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Orestes, INFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed making product that many people in our country, and many outside our country, will eat and enjoy. My work area was very hot and humid throughout the year, especially during the busy season. My supervisor and my team worked very well together and produced the most product. The hardest part of the job was continuing to work hard knowing many others were not doing their job and management let it continue. Overall, I enjoyed my job and my team.
Pros
normal work week is Monday through Friday, good benefits and pay
Cons
hot working environment, safety issues with my job
good place towork
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Geneva, INNovember 18, 2015
great place to work with very strong controls on productivity and QUALITY. Many people have enjoyed working here for many years
A job that I looked forwarding to going to
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INSeptember 19, 2014
I worked in the QA Lab department doing various lab tests of ketchup and tomato products. My job started at 10pm and ended at 6am. My co-workers and I got along great and we worked well as a team. The hardest part of my job was working some 12 hour days and the enjoyable part was I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Pros
Having co-workers that all worked well together
Cons
sometimes 12 hour days
Professional forklift operator,
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Orestes, INAugust 20, 2014
Great people to work for and awesome friends to work with. Each day provided a new and exciting challenge. Using my mind and skills as a professional forklift operator was uplifting.
Pros
Forklift operations, everyday always exciting and challenging.
Cons
No cons.
Productive, Medium paced work
Scale house Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orestes, INJune 10, 2014
Checked in tomato trucks that came in to the factory, Do hourly numbers to make sure that production is running at its best.
Cons
summer job
Excellent Employer in General
Demand Planning Representative (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INMay 30, 2014
I worked for Red Gold for 15 years. The work was demanding and could be stressful at times. A high work ethic was expected. My co-workers were great to work with. A team spirit was the general focus at the company. There were various functions within the community that the employees were asked to help with. Community pride was everywhere. The job was highly detailed and could be time-consuming. I enjoyed the work, but as time went on the stress level became a big factor. Tasks were given and met daily. Management was approachable. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the daily tasks and still meeting the new deadlines with the same level of accuracy every time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team with people who cared about you and their own part in the tasks.
Pros
Company events in the community, Great healthcare
Cons
Short breaks, Stress Levels
Great Place to Work
Quality Assurance & Product Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INMay 16, 2014
Every department did a great job to ensure that a safe and quality product was being produced. Lots of hands on experience concerning analytical testing and product production.
seasonal
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orestes, INFebruary 10, 2014
weight of trucks and record data, report any problems, management was easy to work with
Fun and busy enviroment
Produce/Temporary (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INJanuary 30, 2014
always taking tickets for trucks or running back and forth to keep track of all tickets and gross weight.
Excellent place to work
QUALITY ASSURANCE LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Eleood, INJanuary 20, 2014
Overall, Red Gold was great to work for. Through the various jobs I did there, I learned great communication, organization, and time management skills. The quality position was faced paced, and made for a quick work day. I enjoyed most of my co-workers, and stayed out of the "workplace drama". The only downfall to Red Gold was fresh pack season. It was a 24/7 operation, for 3 months, and it was rough. But it was nice break from the normal routine and the overtime was great.
Pros
benifits, paid holidays, good pay
Cons
fresh pack season
Not that great
Operator (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INDecember 31, 2013
Aside from the job which was boring, a few people just had bad attitudes. Other operators wanted to be the boss, and constantly sucked up to the supervisors. You couldn`t talk to a supervisor without someone listening in. It`s a terrible place to work when you have operators yelling and cussing at you on the floor.
Cons
Bad attitudes, stupid employees, laziness
Red Gold Tomatoes
Fork Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Orestes, INDecember 10, 2013
Move raw materials throughout warehouse. Load unload trailers throughout warehouses. Smell paste throughout warehouse. Very fast paced. Most managers knew what they were talking about. Hardest part of this job was working 7 days a week July, August, September, half of October.
Pros
Overtime and Pay
Cons
benefits were decent
Friendly co-workers and decent pay.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INSeptember 4, 2013
I learned how to work under stress at this factory. Many times the machines would break down and the whole factory would be waiting on me to fix the problem to keep the product running. That would also be the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Worked around my school schedule
Cons
Very boring
good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INJuly 16, 2013
I have learned how the process of making ketchup and other tomato based products are made
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Gold. Our community is ready to answer.