Red Gold

Red Gold Employer Reviews

Professional forklift operator,
Material Handler (Former Employee), Orestes, INAugust 20, 2014
Pros: forklift operations, everyday always exciting and challenging.
Cons: no cons.
Great people to work for and awesome friends to work with. Each day provided a new and exciting challenge. Using my mind and skills as a professional forklift operator was uplifting.
Productive, Medium paced work
Scale house Clerk (Former Employee), Orestes, INJune 10, 2014
Cons: summer job
Checked in tomato trucks that came in to the factory, Do hourly numbers to make sure that production is running at its best.
Excellent Employer in General
Demand Planning Representative (Former Employee), Elwood, INMay 30, 2014
Pros: company events in the community, great healthcare
Cons: short breaks, stress levels
I worked for Red Gold for 15 years. The work was demanding and could be stressful at times. A high work ethic was expected. My co-workers were great to work with. A team spirit was the general focus at the company. There were various functions within the community that the employees were asked to help with. Community pride was everywhere. The job was – more... highly detailed and could be time-consuming. I enjoyed the work, but as time went on the stress level became a big factor. Tasks were given and met daily. Management was approachable. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the daily tasks and still meeting the new deadlines with the same level of accuracy every time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team with people who cared about you and their own part in the tasks. – less
Great Place to Work
Quality Assurance & Product Development Intern (Former Employee), Elwood, INMay 16, 2014
Every department did a great job to ensure that a safe and quality product was being produced. Lots of hands on experience concerning analytical testing and product production.
seasonal
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Orestes, INFebruary 10, 2014
weight of trucks and record data, report any problems, management was easy to work with
Fun and busy enviroment
Produce/Temporary (Former Employee), Elwood, INJanuary 30, 2014
always taking tickets for trucks or running back and forth to keep track of all tickets and gross weight.
Excellent place to work
QUALITY ASSURANCE LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Eleood, INJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: benifits, paid holidays, good pay
Cons: fresh pack season
Overall, Red Gold was great to work for. Through the various jobs I did there, I learned great communication, organization, and time management skills. The quality position was faced paced, and made for a quick work day. I enjoyed most of my co-workers, and stayed out of the "workplace drama". The only downfall to Red Gold was fresh pack season. It – more... was a 24/7 operation, for 3 months, and it was rough. But it was nice break from the normal routine and the overtime was great. – less
Not that great
Operator (Former Employee), Elwood, INDecember 31, 2013
Cons: bad attitudes, stupid employees, laziness
Aside from the job which was boring, a few people just had bad attitudes. Other operators wanted to be the boss, and constantly sucked up to the supervisors. You couldn`t talk to a supervisor without someone listening in. It`s a terrible place to work when you have operators yelling and cussing at you on the floor.
Red Gold Tomatoes
Fork Truck Driver (Former Employee), Orestes, INDecember 10, 2013
Pros: overtime and pay
Cons: benefits were decent
Move raw materials throughout warehouse. Load unload trailers throughout warehouses. Smell paste throughout warehouse. Very fast paced. Most managers knew what they were talking about. Hardest part of this job was working 7 days a week July, August, September, half of October.
Friendly co-workers and decent pay.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Elwood, INSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: worked around my school schedule
Cons: very boring
I learned how to work under stress at this factory. Many times the machines would break down and the whole factory would be waiting on me to fix the problem to keep the product running. That would also be the hardest part of the job.
good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Elwood, INJuly 16, 2013
Pros: good pay and benifits
I have learned how the process of making ketchup and other tomato based products are made
Great privately owned company
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Elwood, IndianaFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: owners are involved and nice, good benefits
Cons: pay too low, vacation time lags behind most other firms, advancement opportunity is simply not there
Great family owned company. Job security is there but advancement for front line supervisors is extremely limited which resulted in numerous great leaders leaving the company over the past few years. Benefits are par with what's out there. Pay is below what most experienced leaders expect. Paid time off is well behind what most company's provide these – more... days – less
Good Job
Production (Former Employee), IndianaJanuary 23, 2013
I liked my job, responsibilities and most of the people I worked with daily. Had fair pay and OT available.
Nice place to work
Employee (Current Employee), IndianaDecember 12, 2012
Nice place to work and friendly work environment. Very busy during the fresh pack season.
red gold
Employment History General laborer (Former Employee), Elwood, INNovember 30, 2012
wasn't a good company they told me they would hire me on full time and i worked there for 8 months and never got put on full time they too many cheif not enough indians
Shipping/receiving clerk (Former Employee), Alexandria, INNovember 13, 2012
Pros: liked my job
Cons: co-workers
In a typical day I did a lot of data entry. Some days I was in charge of the shuttles and checking in drivers. Managements was good people. Co-workers were not the friendliest people, but we managed. I enjoyed the data entry and scheduling.
Worst Employer Ever!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Orestes, INAugust 6, 2012
Cons: vacation, pay, benefits, work environment, could go on forever!
Red Gold is a terrible company to work. They compensate their employees very poorly with the amount of time and effort they expect. Every year from August through October, they make their employees work 12 hour days, 7 days a week. During this time, the employees will be lucky to get 3 days off. The supervisors end up working 80 - 90 hours a week with – more... no overtime. To top it off, the company is privately owned and the owner is on the production line every day barking out orders. Don't waste your time with this company! – less

September 15, 2012

Sounds like this employee has an axe to grind, and that facts are not important for him or her to share. This company is an industry leader, and has invested back in its people and technology for over 70 years. Leadership and supervision are proud of their years of service and have pride in being part of the growth. As a side note, supervisors do get paid overtime and actually enjoy what they do.

February 15, 2013

This review is typical of what you will find if you speak to most Red Gold Supervisors. I spent 6 years with the company from 2006 to 2102 and while this review is harsh it is spot on. You can work as a Supervisor forever with limited advancement opportunity. I personally know some great leaders there with 20 yrs as a supervisor that are continually passed over for promotions because the company want to hire from the outside. I left for this exact reason and many of my peers did as well (many more are currently pursuing other opportunities). Its not a bad a company and can be an OK job; nut it will never be a career until RG learns to develop a plan to retain these great people. Paid time off is also below par and is a point of contention with most salaried persons.

Rewarding and demanding
Plant Controls Engineer II (Current Employee), Geneva, INJune 27, 2012
Pros: state of the art technology
Cons: long hours (84/wk)
This is a very good company for automation in that they incorporate "state of the art" technology in new projects. There is also a great deal of projects continually cycling through that keep interest and knowledge up to date.

About Red Gold

Red Gold has been producing premium quality tomato products since 1942. Red Gold produces premium quality canned tomatoes and – Read more