Red Gold Employee Reviews

I Like My Job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Elwood, INOctober 25, 2017
It is a great place to work, It s family owned, This Company is well Involved in the Community. I like that it is local. I like the fast pace and my coworkers.
Pros
Great Location Its a Food Service so it doesn't depend on economy
Cons
There really isn't any cons
Only take direct hire
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INAugust 21, 2017
Came as a temp worked a year left because they want to keep you as a temp and move you around with no incentives and hardly any notice...................
Pros
family owned
Cons
people
Fun place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orestes, INAugust 2, 2017
Red Gold is a high energy place to work. Be ready to give up your summers though. The harvest season is from August to October, which means 7 days a week and no more summer after August.
Pros
flexible schedules
Horrible place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INJuly 22, 2017
Worked here for 3 years. Was continually sexually harrassed and nothing was done about it. When my lead took it from being verbal to putting his hands on me, I walked out. Management only looks out for themselves and employees are treated very unfairly. If I could give this place 0 stars I would. The pay wasn't bad just not enough to put up with management thinking they could do, say, and touch whomever or whatever they wanted.
Great Company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orestes, INJuly 1, 2017
Good friendly place to work. They care about there employees and are great to work for. Excellent benefits and pay hours are really long in the summer.
Excellent place to retire from
Technician (Former Employee) –  Geneva, INJune 9, 2017
Red Gold is a great place for a full time job before and after packaging season when all the tomatoes come in. Hours are guaranteed if you want a full time job. Can get a 40hr work week during the preparation of tomato season and 60hr work week during the season. Pay is excellent along with overtime always being offered. Members of the company are very nice and welcoming until pack season when stress increases and the influx of workers increase. Also, many of the seasonal workers have Hispanic heritage so the culture changes and can create a division between members of the company. Nonetheless, the company is still great, pay is good, benefits are good, and if you remember to do your work without letting other people's issue bother you, the culture can be good as well.
Overall good work enviroment.
Maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  Elwood, IndianaApril 27, 2017
I am only seeking employment due to wanting to relocate to Florida. The work is generally 5 days a week except for fresh pack season when lasts about 2-3 months.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Not a good Work envitonment
Product Lead (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INApril 3, 2017
Management treats employees unfair, The Management team does not in force rules equally this company also will show favoritism to employees but not to all employees.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Unfair treatment of employees
Workday
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geneva, INMarch 27, 2017
Normally I would file paperwork and answer the phone if needed to. i also ran errors for them if needed to. I sorted through papers and stocked supply closet. The management there was good but did not treat the other workers well. They talked about them behind their backs and complained all the time.
nice place to work to start
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INMarch 19, 2017
Was a nice starter, management was OK, they were good at getting the training for the skilled trades personnel, however they were not always fair on the way they treated employees.
Red gold has a lot of great benefits along with a great wages.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, INMarch 14, 2017
I have been a forklift operated for 25 years. I feel I have a lot of very useful skills to offer the right employer. I am loyal to my job and what ever company I work for. I am ready to take my skills to another company.
Pros
Good be if it's and wages.
Cons
Very slow advancement opportunities.
Facilidad yrespeto en la gestion del trabajador. Atencion inmejorable en las condiciones de trabajo.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Orestes, INMarch 11, 2017
En lo que a mi se refiere las condiciones de trabajo en esta empresa siempre fueron excelentes. El respeto por las instalaciones, condiciones, acceso a todas las facilidades de vivienda y comodidad fueron aspectos destacados en esta empresa. Siempre te hacen sentir como parte de la familia.
No puedo exponer ningun aspecto dificil o incomodo por arte de los directivos.
Pros
Seguridad, confianza y comodidad en el trabajo.
Cons
Jornadas intensas.
Ever growing family owned company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orestes, INFebruary 12, 2017
Red Gold is a company that cares about its workers. It offers stable employment for the surrounding area it's in while giving back to the community in many ways. The family atmosphere where many know each other creates a great workplace culture. During Red Gold's peak season is where everything that is great about the company truly shines. It becomes a fast pace work environment that provides exciting new daily challenges and opportunities to work with a highly skilled management team. The most enjoyable part is working with a great team of employees all the while creating high quality products for consumers on a daily basis.
Pros
Overtime, Community/Company Events, Benefits Plans
Good Ole Boys Club
General Labor (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 2, 2017
Cut-throat working environment. Supervisors assign you to a trainer for the different machines. The problem is the trainers don't want you there and they resent having to train you, so they tell you to "stand over there and don't touch anything." They throw you on nights, refuse to train you and set you up for failure. They know exactly what they are doing and they reinforced this culture daily. So,if you want a hostile environment full of nepotism, cronism and the "Good Ole Boys Club," then is definitely the place for you! Watch your back....
Cons
Hostile environment!!
Amazing environment and relatively easy job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Elwood, INDecember 10, 2016
All of the people saying this is a bad company to work for probably got fired for doing something stupid lol. Red Gold is a very good company to work for that I would recommend to absolutely anyone. They've been open since 1942 and never once had a layoff. Iv been there since 2011 and plan on working another 40 years there and retiring there. The pay is exceptional for the work you do. You may have one busy week out of an entire month. If your not lazy and are a good worker you have a lot of potential to earn a lot of money from overtime and advance to higher paying jobs.
Pros
Amazing health insurance/great benefits
Temporary worker, nice-easy going job.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Orestes, INDecember 1, 2016
Worked temporarily from April to August; Job was to help clean and fix anything that needed to be fixed of replaced at a camp/housing for migrant workers. Only downside was working in freezing temperatures when the housing still did not have electricity.
Good products but tightly held family business
Sr Manager of Corporate Accounting (Former Employee) –  Orestes, INNovember 15, 2016
Great products and marketing of products. Tightly run family owned business which can develop a "cut throat" culture. Lots of upside opportunity for the business with good employees.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Business culture
A day at Red Gold
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Geneva, INAugust 21, 2016
A typical day starts out with waiting on assignments from the shift Supervisor. Once we receive our assignments we head out to our locations for the day conducting PM's and repairs as needed. Management is ok but seems to be more supervisors than needed which creates confusion when making decisions on what needs to be done. My co-workers are ok to work with as they have many years of experience. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the long hours instead of spending time with my family and going to school.
productive fast paced
Shipping Receiving (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INJune 6, 2016
its a very fast pace place never seen anything like it constantly going as fast as we could on forklifts(surprised no one got or hurt or worse)
it was fun until they started taking more and more from employees no support from supervisors , poor communication, always talked safety but nothing happened till something happened ,
Pros
good pay and beneifits some good people
Cons
no back up or support from supervisors poor communication
Terrible Environment
Corp Office (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 18, 2016
This company and their "culture" sucks. The most boring position I think I have ever had outside of working in manufacturing. And if the people around you do not like you, they make stuff up and you end up being called to your supervisor's office over it. Would never work for this company again.
Cons
People

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Gold. Our community is ready to answer.