Red Hat Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place.
Order Entry Administrator III (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 13, 2015
Generally busy days that are heightened at peak periods, such as month/quarter end. It taught me to work steady at a fast pace. My experience with my management was a lack of understanding of our actual work and processes, which lead to inefficient support of our team. However, I have worked with great people here. The hardest part of the job comes down to the long hours of work during peak periods, as previously mentioned. I love enjoying all the events and rewards provided employees.
Pros
Reward program
Cons
No work from home, difficulty utilizing PTO.
Open Source style company
Associate Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 11, 2016
The comany has an excellent Open Source and community style way in which the company is managed. Red Hat lives up to the Open Source way by giving each and every employee a voice in the company. There is a high sense of community and colaboration amongst employees in the day to day work.
Pros
Sense of Community, various perks, training, promotion rate, excellent CEO
Cons
pay could be better for work load
Independent Work Atmosphere & Flexibility
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 9, 2016
Self driven work environment. Independent Work Atmosphere.
Empowerment for Decision Making. Flexibility in working.

Absolutely great company to work for or would not have stayed so long.
Pros
Self driven work environment
Cons
Company management style changing
Worked from Home office
SENIOR ENTERPRISE SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2016
Very challenging position, working with Developers all day. My day would start with co/calling and managing current customers. Enjoyed the entire team, and learned a lot about open source technology.
Pros
New Technology
Cons
Working with Developers on daily bases
Red Hat is amazing
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2016
Awesome Manager
environment
Team work,
diversity
very good place to work and interact
learn new things every day
meet new people
Passionate people
Manager, NA Channel Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2016
The hours are long, work-life balance is out of whack, but the good managers protect their teams from it. Red Hat is learning to be a "grown up" company.
good work ethic
Lead Red Hat (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 30, 2016
have safety meetings with my crew and setting up my crew with glue, supplies. having meetings with all formens getting work schedule for the night.giving there lunches and breaks.
Pros
lunch with my crew
Cons
low pay
has its days
Floor Man/Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 11, 2015
the job was good the management wasnt as professional as they should of been.but beyond that the job is decent,the pay was good and i learn alot of different positions.
Great growing company.
Senior Order Entry Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cork, PAOctober 7, 2015
Great working environment, friendly co-workers, motivating managers made working easy. They promote training to encourage employees to grow their career.
Pros
Great people surrounding you with great work environment
Cons
Quarter end is the hardest part of the job.
very productive and fun workplace for employees with great gospel music.
cashier (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLNovember 4, 2015
my coworkers are very friendly and fun to be around. we may have our little confusements but we are all arbys family. I have learned working at Arby's is that, no one like to see someone down. everyone picks each other up. when someone is sad we all tries our best to cheer that person up. that's how our Arby's family is suppose to do.
Pros
50% employee discounts.
Cons
taking breaks period.I hate taking breaks.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Jr Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: Red Hat is committed to open source development and if you want to work in that environment and not have a company hassle you about participating in the open source community, Red Hat is good.

cons: Very weak regional office representation. Weak brand identity in the software industry. Confusion among customers about what Red Hat does (Linux? JBoss? Something with Cloud?). Little to no recognition for significant project contributions. Low pay for the industry and very low raises. No guidance for career path and impossible internal mobility.
Fast paced, great culture
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2012
Red Hat is a fast paced technology company with a great deal to offer people interested in growing a career in the technology sector. The company has a fantastic overall culture.
Pros
fast paced, open environment, young company, growth opportunities
Cons
middle management needs a great deal of development
Company in Transition
Local Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 20, 2013
When I started with Red Hat, the company was full of heart, with great culture. It has been growing rapidly for many years now and was a fantastic place to work until about the past year, as the company hit a point where they are transitioning from that collaborative, high energy company to a company trying to keep up with their past growth and move to the next phase.

I was given the opportunities to advance and grow in my careers. Was able to work with really great people.
Pros
passion around products, rapid growth
Cons
marketing
Manager Quality Engineering (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 6, 2015
Over all Red Hat is a great place to work, but it isn't without its problems and those problems vary from group to group. Salary and benefits are on par for the area but other tech companies seem to take the amenities a bit farther.
Pros
good pay, benefits, open source, technology
Cons
culture split brain
Great Company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 1, 2015
Great products and company. New technologies so there are challenges from time to time. But great company culture and work life balance for remote workers.
Great Atmosphere, Great Projects
Middleware Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 15, 2015
Standard software development work, but the culture is great for a major software company. It's not Google, of course - there were no swimming pools or game rooms in the office - but this didn't keep the office atmosphere from being full of energy and enthusiasm for the work the company does. In addition, you were able to define how you wanted to advance in your position - if there was an aspect of the project that you wanted to focus on more, you were allowed to do so.
No thank you
None (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 27, 2015
I'd rather not provide any information on my experience with Red Hat as I do not feel that it is necessary when looking for a job on this site.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
False promises, hostile employees
Extremely good engineers, poor management.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 18, 2014
My colleagues were fantastic engineers. Management is lacking. No career advancement unless you live in Raleigh or Mountain View. 100% travel is very tiring.
Great place to work and advance your career
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 20, 2014
Red Hat is a dynamic and passionate place to work. They believe in their employees and promote from within. Work life balance is great as well. They promote training, either internally in their own University courses, or externally to encourage employees to grow their career.
Short Term Contract Position
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 29, 2015
Great work environment with lots of perks for employees. My role was that of a short term contractor. All cubicle environment. Employees seemed to love working there.