Red Hawk Casino Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CASeptember 29, 2017
Red Hawk Casino is a great place to work. As a dealer you will make $10.50 an hour plus tips (as of this posting). Tips are pooled and calculated by a 24 hour work day. On average you will be making around $20 per hour, as long as you are working weekends. I worked the "Sunrise" shift (or Graveyard shift) and loved it. The players are a lot nicer on the Sunrise shift than any other shift. In order to become Full-time you must learn ALL of the games. You have 1 year to accomplish this. Classes are provided by the casino. Your first 90 days are crucial. Attendance is your number one priority. Do not get sick! You are allowed to miss 3 days during your probation. I got sick and missed 4. It cost me my job. If you are considering working as a dealer for Red Hawk, learn as much as you can, take advantage of their classes, and take their attendance policy seriously.
Pros
Great money! Co-workers are fun. Free food. Opportunity to learn a lot of games.
Cons
Long drive. Work nights and weekends.
My time there
CAGE CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Placerville, CASeptember 1, 2017
Very Fast paced, good people person job. The times you start is not consistent but days off are when you get to full-time. Great coworkers and family like environment!
Pros
Free lunches
Red Hawk Casino
Table Games Card Dealer and Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAAugust 12, 2017
I love to work at Red Hawk, I enjoy everyday when I work. I also learned how to handle financial and have fun the same time with the guest. I learned working around with management is a training or experience for me to learned the right thing. The hardest part for me is to see guest looking money.
Busy and fast pace
Server (Current Employee) –  Placerville, CAAugust 12, 2017
You work a lot including every holiday! Easy job and you will most likely work the weekends. Free lunch and great health and dental benefits. Fun place to work at.
Pros
Free lunch and great health and dental benefits
Cons
Under staff most of the time
Employment at Red Hawk Casino
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAAugust 4, 2017
I worked there a few times and usually a typical day was filled with a lot of customer interactions and helping them with their needs and making them happy the entire duration of time that they were there. Learned how to better my communication skills and better explanations for things. it was nice meeting new people and making friends with people i worked with.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
smoke environment
Favoritism is huge. People are friendly.
Stewarding (Current Employee) –  Placerville, CAJuly 28, 2017
If you are a good worker you will keep your job. If just one supervisor does not like you, you're most likely to be on the chopping block. Stay busy at all times because the cameras are always on and they catch everything
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pay is not up to par with the amount of work
amazing
Food Service Worker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAJuly 22, 2017
Working at this job was an amazing experience. It was so much fun and it never really seemed like work. The enviroment itself was fun and meeting new people everyday was great
I Loved this Job!
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shingle Springs, CAJuly 14, 2017
I worked 8 hour shifts in the casino. This was a great place to work, and the pay was great. The company as a whole worked with their employees. the hardest part of the job was to keep up with the fast paced work and not fall behind
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
24 shift work
work place
Buffet line cook (Former Employee) –  Shingle Springs, CAJune 19, 2017
set up and breakdown of the buffet how to make shore that the food was always hot and ready for the customers and dishes where stacked and clean and everything was nice and clean for the guess
Pros
free luch
Cons
short braks
great place to start
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Placerville, CAJune 14, 2017
Great place to start, but needs to work hard to move up. Worked for almost three years and trying to move up the ladder. Currently trying to move to different department with better pay but unsuccessful at the moment.
Fun and Challenging Work
Administrative Assistant to the VP (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAJune 8, 2017
The job opportunities at Red Hawk are endless. You can start out as a Food Server, and end up as a supervisor in an entirely different department. The leadership development training is offered to all Team Members and is a great way to develop yourself as a professional. The wonderful people at Red Hawk truly make it the amazing place to work that it is. The casino environment is very different from your typical customer service, but it is very exciting as there is always something going on. The company offers outstanding benefits as well as a 4% matched 401k plan.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, endless opportunities amazing team
Cons
Smoky on the casino floor, 24/7 business so shifts can be an issue
Fast paced Work
Warehouse Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 10, 2017
The work place at redhawk is mostly fast paced and repetitive in a good way.Depending on dept moving up or getting rewarded will depend on who you know and if any family or close friends work their. Can be unfair in this aspect.
Pros
Free meals, great benefits
Great workplace
Valet Lead (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAMarch 24, 2017
I loved this job because the people and the character of the entire establishment matched my own values. We worked very hard but we were also rewarded in many ways.
Fun and exciting place to work
Slot Floor Person/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CaMarch 6, 2017
The casino industry is a fast paced, fun and exciting environment. It is always fun to get out and mingle with and serve the customers, especially when they win a jackpot.
Pros
meals paid for, friendly environment, great benefits
Cons
no holidays off
Friendly work place, good Benefits
Sr. Gaming Tech (Current Employee) –  Placerville, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Everyday is a different day, always a different game to fix. This always something new to learn.
The management team is very flexible when it comes to needing time off for medical needs or family needs.
The hardest part of the job is when guest call get overwhelm or when you are short on staff.
Fun place to work, just disliked the hours worked.
Card Dealer (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAFebruary 11, 2017
It was a very fun place to work and room for advancement, just disliked the odd hours that I worked. Management team is awesome, I highly recommend that place.
its an okay place to start
Red Hawk Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Shingle Springs, CAJanuary 26, 2017
the only reason you will advance ever is if you are best buds with management otherwise your hard work will just be swept under the rug. its a really bad bad management place they really could give to stones less about you. but the people you do get to know there and the people who are not management is awesome. otherwise as well if you are a female and in security be prepared to not do anything that the guys can do because they don't trust females or want them in dispatch or outside because I quote the believe female drivers no survivors. I have complained to HR but guest what everyone is buddy buddy so they do nothing about it. be prepared to get into trouble for the littlest things but see the mangers and superiors friends not be in any trouble what so ever because they are all friends. also be prepared if your a female to not learn anything new to your job because you are a girl. but if yyou brown nose and play baseball, know baseball, and agree with whatever they say dipite how wrong it is and your a dude your a shoe in
Pros
the other people you get to know
Cons
management
productive and fun
Lead Uniform Attendant / Gift Shop Clerk (Current Employee) –  Placerville, CAOctober 25, 2016
It was fine. The pay was decent, the people were fun, the job was monotonous. I left because I moved to another state, otherwise I probably would have stayed.
Pros
free lunches
High turnover rates. Good pay and benefits.
Lead Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Placerville, CAOctober 14, 2016
Not the best work environment. Great pay and phenomenal benefits. Management has always been shady. They seem to promote those that suck up to them instead of those that work harder.
Pros
Free Employee Dining Room
Cons
Management.
fun work place
Food attendant (Former Employee) –  Shingle Springs, CAOctober 5, 2016
I had a lot of fun working at red hawk and meeting new people, I also learned new skills while i was there. The staff was fun and awesome to work with,
Pros
free food
Cons
didnt allows get breaks. to many rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Hawk Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Red Hawk Casino Reviews by Location