Red Lion Hotels Employee Reviews

workinng at red lion
Room Attendant/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 5, 2015
Red Lion was okay but management wasn't great. i wasn't happy, how they treated me. I liked my co-workers they were helpful and very nice. But Management sucked. Most guests weren't happy about services. Some guest were happy about my service i gave them. I like making guests happy and making sure their rooms are cleaned. my inspectors liked when my rooms were cleaned and punch in for next guests.
Tour Boat FUN
Marine Steward (Former Employee), Post Falls, ID (Templin's)June 30, 2015
One of my favorite places to work. Great staff, management, organization, customer interactions and overall work environment. Low pay was the only drawback due to ID minimum wage (living in WA, working in ID...)
Free Booze = Worth the work
Summer seasonal bar staff (Current Employee), Champaign, ILJune 23, 2015
Pros: Freedom, Friends, Money is great
Cons: Late nights
Its a great place to work. The people are awesome and you get free booze. The music is a bit too loud, but customers love it. It gets rowdy sometimes also. I could write a book with some of the things I've seen.
IT was fun place to work.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Spokane WAJune 21, 2015
its social place to work and learn to work together as team and make sure everything done get done on time and nobody left behind.
A Great way to interact with different people
General Manager (Current Employee), Grants, NMJune 17, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Lack of communication from above our paygrade.
Starts with greeting all staff. I have learned that it pays to know all aspects of the Hospitality industry.It takes a management team to succeed. It is difficult to please everyone those you work with and ones you work for.The best part of the job is the interaction with all the guest that come to our Hotel.
Lost all benefits and perks. Was really hard to go to work everyday
n/a (Former Employee), pocatelloJune 16, 2015
Pros: The people that you work next to are amazing
Cons: new owners
The new owners were very hard to work for. Everything was chaos. And we lost all benefits. They are constantly following you around and giving you negative feedback. Never any positive.
A lot of positive changes in the company and growing at a great rate.
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Redding, CAJune 4, 2015
I enjoyed working there. A very determined and functional staff. The fun challenge was there was no typical work day. Each day had it's challenges and rewards. The Sales Team was a diverse group with different abilities and a joy to be around.
The worst place to work for...
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 2, 2015
Pros: NONE! Their free lunches are only fried food.
Cons: Everything. they should hire new management. This place is a joke!
This place is a disaster. You have no support from management. On weekends there are no managers in the hotel! I have never heard of a place where they have no managers on duty to deal with issues that it's beyond their regular front desk associate's control.
You work weeks without any breaks, people are constantly quitting, and you get the extra burden thrown on you, without any help from management. You put out fires all the times, and most of the time you can't solve any of the issues, because the hotel is falling apart, maintenance hardly ever answers to you when you call them, if they do they take hours to get something fixed. .
I would have been happier flipping burgers for a living than working at this place. DO NOT work here! Plus you get no benefits. The only thing you will get from working here is an ulcer, and might pick up a habit of smoking cigarettes from dealing with stress for little money, while managers who are salary, are never there!!!!!!
Working the different events was fun.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Working the events kept the job interesting.
Cons: Constant change of ownership and management made it difficult.
This was a hard company to work for. Ownership changed 3 times in the period of a year. It was a revolving door for management as well. Working the different events was fun eg. Comicon, Anime Festival, etc.
Very much like a family
Director of Housekeeping and Laundry (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 24, 2015
Pros: free parking, free lunch, value on employee educational opportunities
Cons: limited benefit package - a bit spendy
Red Lion "family" shares all the good and bad traits of a large family- loyalty is present -- so is gossip. Generosity is evident- so is self preservation. Advancement is possible - so is neglect. It is truly what an employee makes of it ! Guest engagement is a premium benefit, as is working in such a gorgeous facility, right on the river. There is nothing more magical than the 4th of July on the water.
Mediocre
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAMay 23, 2015
Red Lion is a growing company but has many obstacles to over come. Because the brand has had a lack of attention and capital, properties need serious updating effecting the guest experience.
Fast paced but fairly good money
Cashier/Host/Server (Former Employee), Port Angeles East, WAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, fun coworkers
Cons: Terrifying when busy, boring and little pay when slow
Often the restaurant would be slow and some workers would go home early, but other times the restaurant was very crowded. Managing many things at once was different than working in the hotel, but relieving and rewarding when the groups subsided. The money was good and the people were interesting and fun.
N//A
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Boise, IDMay 11, 2015
not bad place to work. not to bad. not a bad place to work. not to bad. not a bad place to work. no to bad. not a bad place to work. not to bad.
Very enjoyable
Manger (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 9, 2015
Best job I have ever had!! Loved every minute of it, then they sold to Doubletree and all went down hill in the stuffy corporate world. Come back good old Red Lion
good work environment friendly employees
Maintenance II & Lead Engineer (Former Employee), sacramento caMay 5, 2015
Pros: good oppurtunities
Cons: small staffs
good work environment.friendly place.relaxed friendly place.the staffs were small but good experienced workers.hotel clean.attention paid to guest to make them comfortable and have a good stay.
Interesting
Line Cook (Former Employee), Medford, ORApril 26, 2015
Pros: cooking anything i wanted, food, fun, people, advancement
Started out washing dishes at the red lion hotel/ serving. About two weeks into that they asked me to cook (No one could handle the su chef in the line because she was a you know what) and I said sure why not. so right away I got a pay raise and job security.
It's OK
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee), Arnold, MOApril 10, 2015
Pros: Hour Accumulation, Benefits
Cons: Short Breaks and Lunches, Inflexible
It Pays the Bills, that simple. It is not something that I can see myself doing for the rest of my career life, but it will do for now, and that is all that I wish to say.
Very productive and enjoyable place to work
BANQUET SERVER, BANQUET BARTENDER, FRONT DESK (Former Employee), Pasco, WAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with and great environment
Cons: Late nights, some times would not get out of work tell 5 am.
Typical day would be setting up banquet rooms and than serving the banquet. I learned how team work is the best kind of work, working with my co-worker was great. Everyone work as a team and got along great. The management was very respectful to everyone's need and concerns. Hardest part of the job would have to be putting together banquet rooms but that would also be one of the funnest parts of the jobs sometimes. Most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with the customers, they always seem to be having fun.
Changes is happening
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Port Angeles, WAMarch 1, 2015
*Busy and fun
*I have learned how to work with many different people
*Property Management is wonderful
*Co-workers are great
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: free meals and tips
Cons: short breaks and no benefits
Good place to work. Friendly atmosphere. Hard work but everyone jumped in and helped each other. Nice manager, fair with everyone.