Red Lion Hotels Employee Reviews

good place to work
Housekeeping / Laundry Aid (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WA 98626September 15, 2017
this was an awesome job but it is not a relaxing laid back job. your going to sweat and be nice and tired after a shift. good pay good work great people to work with also.
Pros
awsome down to earth people
Cons
rush and the cut throat work
Never able to plan around work. Start at a certain time and leave whenever work is done. No set time off.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  ReddingSeptember 11, 2017
No scheduled time off, Short breaks, laundry is never done in a timely fashion so you never get off in a timely manner, hard to schedule around the job
Pros
N/a
Cons
No AC, Short breaks, laundry never finished on time
good job
Houseman/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 9, 2017
this job was good to work at because they gave employees free lunch and discounts for rooms, also a laid back job simple and sometimes fast paced. plenty of work to stay busy.
Occasionally want to rip out your hair...
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Post Falls, IDSeptember 8, 2017
Depending on what department you are working at, you get mighty stressful and managers don't do so well to make it that 'fun environment'. Managers can occasionally lock themselves in their office when times are busy.
Best friends I've ever made.
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 8, 2017
Working with all the employees was great. Still keep in touch with most of them. Got to learn a lot in the two years i was there but could have learned a lot more if it wasn't for the limitations.
Pros
Friends
Cons
pay, management.
Quick pased work atmosphere
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDSeptember 6, 2017
Working in the kitchen at the Red Lion Hotel was sometimes exhausting and stressful. The Red Lion hosted lots of banquets and ceremonies which meant lots of dishes and long hours. However, for how much physical labor is expected in the kitchen, the pay and benefits are excellent.
slow productivity
Housekeeping/Shuttle (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 6, 2017
I would load my cart and take another cart with me for the dirty sheets and towels. strip all my rooms that I could before I could start cleaning. between wait times for clean laundry I would dust all my rooms because it was so backed up and there was always poor communication and absolutely no team work involved.
mostly good place to work
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 27, 2017
Come in and start folding the sheets and the towels depending on what you needed to do. There were days I needed to help wash and seperate the dirty linen.
Pros
set schedule, breaks
Cons
hot temperture, ac always broke
Red Lion
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 18, 2017
The opportunity to advance is not there. The managers do not give you advance notice if they are cutting hours. They are short staffed which makes it difficult for those who are working.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Pay, Management
Very interesting place, good people,
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 6, 2017
answer calls, deliver and set up food in rooms, meeting interesting people, nice tips, free food from employee kitchen, long walks hotel in spread out.
Pros
good people, nice tips, an interesting job
Cons
alot of walking at fast paced, strange in peoples rooms sometimes
Could Be Better Handled
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDAugust 3, 2017
A typical day at work left me exhausted beyond belief with very short breaks and no opportunity to rest in between. Each day started with every employee meeting in the employer's tiny office to get their assigned halls and then stocking your cart so you have enough of your supplies to last you through the day. Then you went from room to room cleaning. You MUST have the room done in 30 minutes or less or else you were docked points in evaluations. No one could leave the workplace property until all the rooms were done and there was one employee who was super slow. By the time everyone else was done, they had only done four or five rooms in the average six hour workday. The hardest part was working by myself to clean the room in under a half an hour because I am a meticulous person so I like to make sure everything is done right. The most enjoyable part of the job, however, was that we were permitted to listen to our music while we cleaned the rooms which kept my anxiety to a minimum
Pros
discounts on rooms, free swimming, discount on vending machine
Cons
short breaks, too high of an expectation for employees
could be a great workplace but management self serving
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 2, 2017
This long-time property had many loyal workers because they enjoyed the work they did but the company was not interested in their employees. Turnover high for those who wouldn't put up with management; abuse was high. Parent company eventually closed the hotel and displaced some very loyal employees, several with 20+ and 30+ years with the property.
Pros
If you enjoy this type of work it can be very satisfying with great co-workers
Cons
Low pay for very demanding work, company only interested in profits at employees expense, causing low retention and undue stress in many work areas.
Great Learning Experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 28, 2017
Working at the Red Lion while finishing undergrad was an overall great learning experience. Having started at the front desk before being promoted to Sales Manager, I enjoyed the fact that I was able to take advantage of the ability to apply what I was learning from my economic coursework to my work.
They promise one thing and never held up to it at all. Very much its about the ccompany not the employees or guests
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 25, 2017
Not a place I enjoy working for. To much back biting between employees. And when someone is in the wrong they are not held accountable for it. It is more like working for a company that only cares about the company.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
It just a job
Food & Beverage Director/Asst (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 25, 2017
I went to the Red Lion under a contact to close the events and to put it in order to sell. I took them to a great selling place and fulfilled my position. Great manager
Pros
worked well with GM
Cons
Hotel staff under a lot of stress of losing their jobs-
Love the company
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 23, 2017
Love the company the hours arent guaranteed. The work environment can be a little hectic but if you like fast pasted work then i would recommend the job.
Start small and work your way to the top many opportunities to advance and build skills for a career
Interim Banquet Superviser (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAJuly 22, 2017
I have always recommended the Red Lion to anyone who is seeking employment. The Red Lion has been a great, flexable job that has afforded me many opportunities to learn new skills and room for advancement. They are accommodating with their scheduling around your spacific hours of availability ie;you are a student or a mom. I have witnessed a young person starting in the dish room , promoted up to prep cook, line cook, and leaving as a Sous Chef transferring to a bigger property in a major city, I found management to be fair and approachable.. They have been a positive experience in my life and one of the only places I have ever worked that I dreampt about years after leaving< and have returned to for that reason. Go there! You may find not just a job, but a career.
Pros
They feed you, work around student/parent schedules, and their HR dept will be a great plus in ways too numerous to list here
Cons
Honestly can't think of one
Excellent Place to Work
SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 17, 2017
I had a very positive experience with this employer. Excellent benefits and good staff. Flexible with hours and room for advancement. Highly recommend this employer
The housekeeping department
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 12, 2017
A typical day at work included cleaning rooms, or out side areas. You were given around 18 rooms to clean per day. The management was very friendly and helpful. In housekeeping the majority of workers spoke only Spanish. Management spoke both, and they would often repeat anything they said to all of us twice. once in Spanish, and then in English. The hardest part for all the house keepers is having to completely clean out an entire check out in 30 minutes if you want to stay on track to get out on time, and have the rooms available for guests at the time of check-in. The Hotels beautiful swimming pools, landscape, and architecture along with the friendly staff and management provide a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere to work in.
Productive fast paced environment with strong comradery.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 28, 2017
This job involved multiple positions. Often waiting table for breakfast and dinner. My main position was the room service attendant but I also took charge of the coffee bar as well. It was great meeting so many travelers alike.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Slow seasons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lion Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.