Red Lion Hotels Employee Reviews

Hospitality
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 22, 2016
It is expected that you have the highest level of customer service. When people come in you are to acknowledge every single one and if they are a regular then you best remember who they are. Company overall was great to work for. Management in my area at the time definitely could work on their MICRO MANAGING issues but I digress.Hardest part was the crazy schedule. I worked all over the place and the schedule would come out a day or 2 before the next work week. But the company carriers great value for quality and home town feeling.
Pros
Food, tips, and meeting new people
Cons
meeting new people, management, lame schedule
A Typical Day For Me
Room Attendant- Attend (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 24, 2016
A typical day for me would be showing up with a smile and a greeting for all who pass by. I am friendly and want the guests to know I am there for them. I clean and sanitize each room before a guest checks in each day. I love meeting new people all the time. The management is wonderful and we eat lunch together and take breaks together and go over how things are happening so far that day. It is hard, sweaty work, but hard work never hurt me.
Pros
Free lunches, Tips from guests, awesome espresso stand, and of course the people
Cons
sometimes it gets overly busy and exhausting
Fun place to work
Reservations supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 29, 2016
Checking customers in and out. Answering phones. Taking reservations. Customer service to guests. I learned how to deal with customers face to face. Management was great most of the time. Co-workers were fun and most loved to be around people.
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping guests, customer service.
Pros
Free lunches
Learning experence
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 22, 2016
1 / contract wotk finding mental health / special needs adults employment
2/ how to optain employment
3/ One supervisor whom oversee my work one day per week
4 / worked alone except for supervisor
5 / took a lot of work to find specific jobs to match uo the clients disability
6. Interacting with the clients
Pros
working indepently
Cons
long hours / that was my fault
Different side of the Hospitality Industry
Night Auditor / Room - Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2016
Ran Fidelio reports to balance all departments, house accounts, credit cards, posted room and tax – print downtime report, registration cards and express check outs – ran, print and enter night audit, market segment, financial summary to lotus – post lotus report to sales journal system, print flash report and transmit daily revenue – separate restaurant server’s paperwork and posted according to cash, credit cards, direct bills, banquet tickets and house accounts – pull HSI reports, balance, enter to lotus, print and post report – data entry, filing, basic accounting procedures. Not too much inter
Pros
my field of expertise
Cons
noon
horrible company to work for
Housekeeper/Stocker (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, OROctober 15, 2016
management is cheap, you dont recieve time and a half during holidays like stated during the interview and having a personal life is difficult due to unstable hours. they vary from 5-10 hour days.
Pros
breaks
Cons
no laundry attendant, very unorganized and only minimum wage
Housekeeper.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 20, 2016
The management seemed unable to communicate with each other and had trouble passing news down to employees. Since housekeepers work by seniority, hours would range from a few hours a day to being told you have to work overtime. If you are low on the list, you may not work at all and it makes budgeting difficult.

The co-workers were friendly and the work was easy but the amount of time allowed to clean each room and the number of rooms can make for rushed work.

Lunch was provided which was nice but not always very good.
Pros
Free lunch
Laid back, good GM
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 11, 2016
Fast paced, a lot of juggling with schedules. Entered payroll in Watson, Placed orders in Birchstreet. Managed the front desk and transportation departments. Stepped in when needed. Helped other departments when they were shorthanded.
Pros
free meals, easy to talk to upper management
Cons
always understaffed
Cleans rooms, does laundry, and make ice for rooms
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 30, 2016
I would clean rooms and make sure the beds were near and the rooms were set for people. I would sometimes do laundry and fold the towels and sheets for the rooms. And at time they would make me put ice in bags for people's rooms.
Average Work Place
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 11, 2016
Average Work Place..
Management was easy to work for..staff could be difficult.
Night staff was the easiest shift to get along with.
Benefits were good..advancment opportunity could be greatly improved.
Fun environment great people all around good time
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 18, 2016
I enjoyed working there was glad to come in everyday n work hard there's things they need to work on but all around a great.place to be employed the employees are respectful n up beat
Productive, fast moving pace yet fun
Front desk agent/reservationist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 23, 2016
Working at this hotel has it's own challenges, but that's what builds us up and teaches us how to interact with all kinds of people. It is very fun and I love having to dress professionally. It can get overwhelming sometimes when we have lots of groups checking in, but you feel accomplished afterwards for all your work and effort by making their stay more comfortable and enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunch, beautiful work view, meeting famous people.
Cons
phones ringing nonstop, not getting proper training.
Fun enviroment
Sales and catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 3, 2016
we also no the value of hard work. the thing i loved most is everyone pitches in whenever its needed, we work as a team and everyone does there part.
Pros
awards for emolyee of the month
Close to home
Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAAugust 22, 2016
Managed all catering operations.
Responsible for contracts and billing.
Responsible for soliciting new accounts.
Booked Hotel rooms for events.
Pros
Management team was great
Cons
Had to pay for insurance
They fired me over the phone
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 15, 2016
they worked me 7 days straight then fired me over the phone the housekeepers their are very nice and caring .
i had to call a lawyer in order to get my final paycheck
Always able to advance and expand your horizon.
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2016
This job was my life out of high school and showed me my way into the knowledge of the work field and how all employees should be treated. I did so much for this company and my efforts were not unrecognized, as my fellow employees and all executive staff were happy to have me as part of their team.

I started working for this company in Richland, Washington and ended up transferring to the Seattle location when i moved with my no longer girlfriend of five years.

I enjoyed all the ups and downs that I went through in life (out of work and during the time that I was on the clock) and I hope that this company appreciated me as much as i appreciated all the advancements that I went through.
Pros
A very diverse and fare company
Cons
Nothing worth adding
Fun Place to work
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAMarch 9, 2016
My typical day at work was usually pretty enjoyable. I enjoyed my peers and managers. I learned many tools I use today in taking control of situations, being a team leader, and how to manage my time and budget. I learned a lot about customer service. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that were sometimes impossible to please. The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure people had a great time while using our services. Management was great and understanding. It was just really difficult to get moved up or compensated more.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Difficulty moving up.
Poorly managed
Bartender/Waitress/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJanuary 17, 2016
Coworkers were great. But the management was very poor. Had to repeatedly ask for lights to be replaced. To find good cleaning supplies. Personally got placed in one job then another, and went back and forth. Management treated employees below customers which made for a very uncomfortable work environment. Would never suggest for anyone who wants to build a career to work for this employer.
Cons
no breaks at front desk
Very nice place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 11, 2016
This is a very great place to work but the training does need some upgrades instead of having to do a lot of guess work.
The front desk has a very huge work load on their plate.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 10, 2016
I received employee of the month, I liked the customers, some were really nice. I liked the tips and the lunch. I learned to work faster and manage my time.