Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager position will support the General Manager with all aspects of the hotel operations. The Assistant General Manager must also demonstrate strong communication skills and superior leadership abilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Oversee hotel departments to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality are provided to hotel guests.
- Assist the GM in preparation of forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the budget to maximize
revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and brand standards and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
Resolve customer complaints, and anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow and associate performance.
- Oversee the property accounting functions including but not limited to Accounts payable and receivable, house bank audits, petty cash, and tax.
- Coordinate with corporate accounting department to oversee payroll functions.
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Interact with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues.
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to ensure optimum performance.
- Serve on the hotel’s safety committee.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow
MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of overall hotel operations.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.