Red Lobster
1,154 reviews

Red Lobster Employer Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJAugust 31, 2014
The staff at Red Lobster are like family. They have no problem stopping what they're doing to help you out, to ensure the patrons are being given excellent customer service.
Red Lobster Management
Culinary/Staffing and Training Manager (Current Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 31, 2014
Free meal as a manager
Lead a diverse group of people
Room for advancement
fun fast paced work enviorment
Server (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 29, 2014
Pros: discounted excellent food
Cons: short breaks'health care benefits
excellent fun exciting place to work.i really enjoyed being apart of there team.i loved working with this company and would go back and enjoy being a team member again.alot of team work skills and excellent mangemant team.
great for quick money!
Waitress/Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: too many consecutive shifts!
great place with great food and lots of business, good for that quick money and good public involvement
Waitress
waitress (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2014
This was a job I took to supplement my income in college that lasted way beyond my college years. I enjoyed the owrk I did and working with my co-workers.
Red Lobster
Hostess (Former Employee), Mt. Juliet, TNAugust 26, 2014
I enjoyed my time there
The staff was great including management
I enjoyed the job itself also
restaurant job- work and make money
Server (Former Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 25, 2014
Pros: make money
Cons: work weekends
I worked at several RL stores and I had a great experience in all of them. I went in, I did my job, made money and had fun with my friends
Great Company
Hostess/ Reservation intake (Former Employee), denverAugust 25, 2014
Pros: easy people to work with always nice
Cons: sometimes no breaks during peak season
Holidays are crazy busy, always something to do something new and management is OK.
Allowed a good balance for school and work as well as life.
Waitress (Former Employee), Wheat Ridge, COAugust 23, 2014
Allowed me to have the days off needed for school and family.
Loved working with the staff and just being able to help satisfy customers. Management was a bit out of control.
Great company to start with.
Customer service (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAAugust 21, 2014
A typical day consists of greeting, taking guest orders, serving food and beverages, presenting checks, and processing payments. I learned how to give exceptional customer service. The management here were great. My fellow co-workers were great. The hardest part was learning to balance your time with each table of guests when you have so many. The most – more... enjoyable part was connecting with my co-workers and making guest connections with my regular guests. – less
Very awesome place to work
Service Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2014
I loved working at Red Lobster. Red Lobster has a very fun environment, I worked there for almost 2 years, I learned a lot. I made bread, was a busser, food walker, line cook, hostess and production. The hardest part of my job was trying to learn how to do something new and get good at it, but I never gave up. The most enjoyable part of my job was that – more... working at Red Lobster was like being with family all the time. – less
A job a held while in Highschool
Buser/Greeter (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2014
I worked here with a friend, and made other friends. enjoyed working at Red Lobster
Good place to start a carrier
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Bel Air, MDAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: long hours
Good place to work , fun co-workers and great training...............................................
i love red lobster and give them 5 stars
Fryer, Breadmaker, Dishwasher, Prep (Current Employee), Norman, OKAugust 19, 2014
Pros: 50% of meals
Cons: i want benefits
red lobster is a good work place, i come to work ready and willing to do the work duty.... i am a team player.i get alone with management, co- workers. i enjoy doing my job. the most hardest part of the job, is leaving work undone.... when were slow i might get sent home. the most enjoyable part of the job, is seeing my co-workers and guest satisfied – more... ...... – less
Calm high class restaurant to take your family to and enjoy a nice evening.
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COAugust 18, 2014
Pros: calm environment
I loved working at red lobster. Its calm, everyone was nice, the management is awesome, the staff is amazing and does make sure %100 guest satisfaction is reached.
Fun work place
Hostess/Server Assistant (Current Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 18, 2014
I enjoy going to work everyday, we are all like a big family. its fun I enjoy the fast pace enviroment
Great management
Service Professional/ Bartender (Current Employee), Roswell, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: 50% off of meals during shift 25 % discount on parties 10 or less so.
Cons: everyone is required to work weekends, no benefits or vacation pay unless you average 30 hours or more per week
I must say, this is one of the better jobs I have worked for. Benefits are great if you work enough hours to get and retain. Hours are flexible, and time-off is usually easy to get except during the holidays. A typical weekday/night is usually pretty slow and easy, staff is generally friendly and fun to work with. Of course there are always a few sticklers. – more... Weekends are generally busy and good money if you work as a Server or Bartender. Most people like to joke around and have fun at work, which provides both a relaxed and comfortable environment for the employees as well as the guests.

I have learned much from Red Lobster, namely it's a good job. I found this out the hard way when I went to work outside the company for a few weeks and experienced first-hand how horrible other jobs are. I have learned that the guests are the ones providing us with jobs and paying our bills and should always be treated with respect and dignity no matter how "difficult" they can be. Americans tend to be rich and spoiled, but most people are not rich and work hard for their money. We all work hard for our money, so when we spend it we like to feel appreciated. Most people are easy, but yes some folks can be extremely difficult, but hospitality is forte. Believe me, if you are able to make a difficult guest satisfied, they are usually overwhelmed with joy and happiness, and it's contagious they end up making you happy and sometimes cry . Of course, there are always a select few that take advantage of our kindness and hospitality, but I have learned to be the better person and make a point to kill them with kindness. I used to not believe in Karma, but what goes around comes around, I have seem it too many times.

As far as the Management goes, they are wonderful, so long as you care about your job they take care of you. Of course, they can be a big pain sometimes and get on everyone's nerves (employees), but they have a tough job to do and sometimes have to make tough decisions whether they want to or not. If it wasn't for the wonderful management team, I would not still be working here. They work harder than anyone else, and are forced to work the holidays with us. After working with the same managers for so many years, it's like being with my family on the holidays.

As far as co-workers go they are a mess. Most are good hard-working industrious people, but of course you always have the lazy-whinny unreliable sticklers. Of course the managers can't just fire the difficult ones that's unethical, but management does a wonderful job coaching and encouraging the sticklers to brighten-up and work harder. It works for most, but some just don't care and weed themselves out after being provided with opportunities to turn-around.

The hardest part of the job is getting slammed, crazy busy, unexpectedly, or expectantly just without time to properly set-up and prepare. What makes that so hard is that in situations like that we are usually understaffed and unprepared. The normal positive energy goes negative and everyone is running around bumping into each other and squabbling like siblings. We are like a giant family after all. It's also hard to deal with all the drama. No matter how hard you try to stay out of it, you always get sucked in. The more you avoid it, the worse it gets for you.

The most enjoyable part of this job is having both management and team members that care about your well-being. In event of an emergency, crew members usually step in and help out providing various forms of aid. Management is only allowed to provide certain types of aid such as providing time off providing financial assistance through Red Lobster's emergency fund. We all are like a big family, we tend to get on each others nerves, but for the most part every enjoys his/her job and we always try to have fun at work and provide a positive environment for both ourselves at the guests. – less
good
Alley Coordinator (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDAugust 14, 2014
good place to work especially if your still young trying to find your way.
Very good company to work for
Server (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCAugust 13, 2014
I have enjoyed my work experience wit Red Lobster but at the same time I need more money so thats why I am looking for another job
Great Work Experience
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: personal development, fun working environment
Cons: none come to mind
What I learned at Red Lobster...everything. Previous job was for a privately owned business. Red Lobster taught me the corporate structure, and made me the manager that I am today. It really focused on my personal development, while allowing to succeed at every position, and every location I worked at with the support of my supervisors.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more