Red Lobster
1,463 reviews

Red Lobster Employer Reviews

A relaxed workplace in an ambient environment
SERVER (Former Employee), Williamsport, PA and Lancaster, PAMarch 30, 2015
Ironically what I learned the most at red lobster was how to handle employees and customers positively. My General Manager was like a role model how he carried the business and his people. He showed me that people have value and much like a price tag they wear it on their sleeve, respect their price and they'll respect your business.
Server
Server (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 30, 2015
Pros: once in a while
Cons: 30 min brak, if we were not bussise we got cut
We waited on tables, we had our own sections area that we were assigned to and that means you had about 4 or 5 tables in youe area.
We helped out each other as needed when they got over welomed and needed help.
Working with co-workers was great we helped each other time it was a great team..
We had to clean our section at night and then clen one thinng that the closer asked of you to do and then get checked out and get sighned by the closer
Management was not that great when I worked ther, She did not know what she was doing and did not care about her crew
Fun & Very fast past
Server's Assistant/Busser (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 30, 2015
A quick upbeat environment is how i would describe this job. not many task however a large work load at times. the energy is still great
good times great people
Server (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 27, 2015
very positive environment, always fun, everyone was very helpful, teamwork makes the dream work. It was an awesome experience to see how day to day operations inside the restaurant industry work, met many great people both employees and customers.
Working at Red Lobster was a very enjoyable experience.
Host/Server (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Pros of this position included free new menu tasting meetings and employee discounts on the menu.
Cons: There were no disadvantages about the job.
A typical work day included seating customers and assisting servers assist customers by cleaning tables and bringing by food and refreshments.
fun work place
Host (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 26, 2015
It was a fun fast moving job. I really loved working there. Management was good and coworker too. you would love it its a fun place.
nice place to visit but I wouldn't make a life of it.
Alley Coordinator (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: My co-workers and helping the public
Cons: the management staff
A typical day at work at Red Lobster would start with
a hello from my co-workers then descend quickly, depending on
the level of waste and health code violations I had to clean up
before even starting work. From that point on, I would make small talk with my co-workers and do my job while taking on the myriad of other tasks thrust my way by an almost perpetually negligent management. The best part of my day was the sense of community I had with my fellow co-workers though I wish it's basis didn't have to be in our mutual disdain for the management staff . The job could have been so much more...
Fast paced
Server (Former Employee), Danville, ILMarch 25, 2015
Cons: Rarely any breaks
Very fast paced environment, always kept me busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was how it always kept me busy. Management was good, always there to help if needed. I was always learning about different foods.
Productive workplace with loving employee's.
Prep Specialist, Fryer, A/C, Baker and Assembler. (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
A typical day at Red Lobster would be working any and every position in the kitchen. I could start on the line and end up baking, prepping, production and or dishwashing.
productive and fun place to work
Hostess (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: never knowing your out time for certain each day.
a wonderful establishment, we felt like a huge family and we all looked out for one another and we worked together as a team and always kept smiles on our faces. Our management is amazing also very understanding and you can tell that they care about your work and appreciate you.
nice balance of work and fun
Service Professional (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 21, 2015
Upbeat Group of dedicated Service professionals
Highly motivated team
Dedicated to serving the customer a quality meal
Great atmosphere for work/life balance
Great Place to start out as a new server. Very knowledgeable
Server (Former Employee), Snellville, GAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great learning experience as a server
Cons: management was rude, uncompassionable, and conniving
All my co-workers were awesome and were always there to help out. Management was horrible even the general manager, he said he loved making people cry. Very fast paste especially on weekends. I learned to carry 6 hot plates at one time. I learned what makes a good server and I learned what not to do.
Bad management, negative work environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 18, 2015
Pros: hourly pay, meal discount
Cons: bad management, negative atmosphere, bad hours
This location has had poor management for a while. They play favorites and are afraid to discipline some of their employees because they're too worried about being liked. They don't like the fact that a lot of their employees are college students who can't work certain times yet they hire college students anyway and then gripe about it. They aren't very consistent with what they say and do. They say one thing and do another. They schedule people when they aren't available and act like the employees are to blame. There's just an overall negative work environment at this Red Lobster location and a lot of it stems from management.
ok work place
Hostess (Current Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: bad manegment
quiet and appealing but very hectic work environment beyond what guest see. if applying be aware of what your getting self into takes patience and a good hearted person. great staff bad management
Fun place to work and I loved my co-workers as I would if they were family.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDMarch 16, 2015
Pros: i appreciated how my managers recognized how diligent i was.
Cons: no breaks during 8/10 hr shifts. no lunch.
Every day I'd start off my work day immediately. When I was hosting, I was quick to memorize the servers that were on and exactly how many tables they had seated in their sections determining where I would seat the next guests that walked in. When I was serving I had a great time making a personal connection with all of my guests. I'd make them feel comfortable and welcomed while also making sure to bring them everything that they needed in a short period of time. At the end of the day I'd feel like I did the best I could do and more for my Red Lobster team and our guests.

My managers were always very supportive of how I did things while I was working. They would constantly push me to do my best and help me to do so through motivation and certain tasks. I always had the best time when we were really busy because everybody would work at such a fast yet productive pace. I'd always be able to keep up with the floor plan and have a back up plan ready if needed.

The hardest part of the job would have to be the guests that come in that don't have any idea about how exactly the restaurant field works and want to complain about something just to get free food. You can't make everybody in the world happy but you can certainly try your best no matter what the situation is.

I enjoy being the first person the guests see smiling and working really hard. I like them to feel welcomed from the moment they walk in the door. I also like to have all of the things I'm going to need to have done at the end of the night completely finished or started early.

Nice serving job
Server (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 16, 2015
Made good money serving but the manager were always flaky and we always seemed to go through different mangers a lot. Had some fun times though
ok place to work
cook (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: long weekends
just an other hourly job. The pay is good for a part time job. But you will have to work long hours on the weekends. Management is understanding with a lot of things so its lay backed in that aspect of the job.
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone but servers.
Prep Specialist (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free drinks.
Cons: no break room, not enough staff coverage.
Managers harass you to get work done.
High stress and extreme fast pace.
Managers have favorites and treat everyone differently.

The best part of working there is the people I work with. That's the only thing that gets me through the day. They cheer me up when I'm down.
A nice place to work. Willing to give you the hours you need.
Host /Alley Coordinator (Former Employee), DeWitt, NYMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great scheduling hours
Cons: no break room
A typical day at work is fast, and comfortable because of the team members and the environment. The staff and supervisors were easy to work with. The assistant manager made sure the restaurant was clean and the guests were happy.
Very Fun and Creative Atmosphere
server (Former Employee), Tulsa, OkMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great people
We had daily meetings before shifts. It welcomed us as a team. Everybody helped each other and cared for all the customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more

Red Lobster Salaries