Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Found 2,283 reviews matching the search
A very busy fast paced environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILDecember 8, 2016
I loved being a hostess here at Red lobster but management wasn't great. They didn't handle situation great and if someone made a mistake they were not understanding of that.
Pros
Free lunch
Extremely Convenient for experienced servers
SERVER (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLDecember 7, 2016
This company is an equal opportunity employer for sure. They are willing to hire with no experience and train you. you learn most of what is needed to know to be successful. This is where serving started for me. Because of my great experience I continued to stay in the Food and Beverage Hospitality business.
Pros
communication online for shifts and schedules at your convenience
Nice place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2016
Tips used to be great but over the year's they have got bad. The guest rarely tip according to their bill's. Servers work hard to make money. The manager's are great and the team member's are awesome.
Pros
Work with you on alot of personal things
Cons
Tips are not great anymore.
Fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 6, 2016
The best part about working there is the customers. I loved being the hostess and engaging in talk with them as they entered our restaurant. Some began to feel like family to me. I loved my GM. He was easy to talk to and welcomed your opinion. Since I was the hostess the hardest part of my job was trying to win over the waitresses. They all had their opinions of how they should be seated and it was different for everyone.
Pros
free biscuits and drinks
Cons
as a hostess and most often working alone for 5 hrs it was difficult to even get a restroon break.
Fun work place
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 6, 2016
I loved Red lobster by far the best company I've worked for great people and great pay. Very understanding when it comes to family
Good money, Management could be better.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 5, 2016
I have been with the company part time for three years. The company overall is a good company to work for . I enjoy my job because I get to make other peoples' days better. I enjoy communicating with the customers and making sure they're satisfied. The money is there if you carry out Red Lobster Standards. However management could be better. We could use a little consistency and managers that actually care about their job and not being overworked.
great place to work
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time workin and learning here. the atmosphere is great and work is consistent. i highly recommend working here if ur looking for a good career
Fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VADecember 5, 2016
Red Lobster is a unique workplace where I gained knowledge on how to keep a restaurant clean and to attend to others needs.
Improvments Needed
Line Cook - Fry Station (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 5, 2016
A typical work day for me is easy and breezy. I never work my full shift. I only receive 2 shifts a week. Servers and line cook communication needs adjustment.
Pros
discounts, pleasant work enviroment
Cons
pay, barely receive breaks
F-up'S and retards
Night time prep-cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 5, 2016
I started my relationship at Red Lobster with the best intentions to work hard and to do the best that I can following the instructions of the managers gave me but soon realized that being a little more intelligent and working hard got me nowhere being as the crew punish me for having those qualities. The behavior of my co-workers was terrible they were literally 40 year old adolescents and the worst part was that the management would make excuses for their poor Behavior. I would never recommend anybody work there and wouldn't never recommend anybody eaten there either those places are nasty and there's scampi sauce everywhere it's disgusting I give Red Lobster Two Thumbs way down!!!!!!!
Pros
Headache and an STD
Cons
hardly any hours
Easy work, nice coworkers, lack of proper management.
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLDecember 4, 2016
Nice, easy job. Coworkers were amazing, everyone helped one another. We were all like one big family. Management could've been better. Seemed to play favorites and be a tad bit disorganized.
Pros
Employee discount, flexible hours, clean enviroment.
Cons
Not enough hours, difficult to make steady income
typical restaurant life
preperation cook (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 2, 2016
they would require you to do a prep list that should be for 3 employees to complete in a timely manner which is the way it was when i started, however corporate decided to make cut backs and we went down to 1 which was most to impossible most days, for a woman in her 40s it was too hard for me, management at this store and one other i worked in in the past most of them are very unprofessional and interact with servers in a way that shouldnt be
benefits
Cons
work overload
Good first job experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 2, 2016
Red lobster wasn't a bad experience for my first job. But the management didn't work as a team. It was unorganized at times. I never got to take a break but they were usually pretty flexible through the week.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
I never really got a break unless I worked a double.
Fun work atmosphere an team work oriented staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYDecember 1, 2016
Very fun team to work with hard working staff really good work atmosphere felxible schedule an good opportunity to make good money
Pros
Free cheddar bay biscuits
Cons
No break
great working environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 30, 2016
This seafood isnt too shabby. I really like the buscuits and salad they serve before hand. They are fresh and its nice to have every once and awhile. Good starter for a nice meal at Red Lobster. The service is most often by a nice waitress and you get seated promptly. Usually if I go out to eat with somebody or want to have a nice brunch, Red Lobster is where I will go. I am happy with them :)

Decor is nice and bathrooms are clean. They have a full bar and nice looking dessert menu as well. This would pass as a nice restaraunt for a date or anniversary! If you come on a nice night, they have outdoor seating. Even though they do have TVs they arent overbearingly loud. Try them out!
Love the People
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 30, 2016
99% of the people are the best you'll find working in the industry. I enjoy going to work because so it makes the days go by quickly. Management cares and the people you'll work with are a lot of fun.
Pros
Half off food, fun people, talented kitchen
Cons
no OT
Exciting workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2016
The work was a good environment and i liked the general manager.I started running food and then went to a server.I made good money and enjoyed my coworkers.If I had the opportunity I would definitely do it again.
Pros
Great food
Slowly falling apart
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 29, 2016
Red lobster was a great company to work for when I first started but it is rapidly declining. We've gone through 3 general managers in 2 years. They continue to hire incompetent managers while firing or moving the competent ones. The current GM is only interested in micromanaging (for example, not allowing servers to have pens showing from their aprons) and overlooks the bigger issues (like servers cussing at the hosts in front of customers). The workload for servers is doubling and the restaurant is slower than it's ever been. I used to make close to 200 on doubles and now I'm lucky to break 100 working twice as hard.
Very frustrating...
Prep Cook, Food Expo, Back up (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHNovember 28, 2016
This job isn't quite as typical as it may seem. Transitioning to a new kitchen plan has this place in complete disarray. The management is sloppy except for one kitchen manager. The hours aren't great the pay isn't competitive at all. No unions, or paid vacation time either.
Great place to work, fun and enjoyable atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MONovember 28, 2016
I didnt get to work there very long, but it is my favorite place to eat and I was so excited to work there. Unfortunately due to personal issues, I could no longer work for Red Lobster at that time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.