Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Found 2,390 reviews matching the search
My time at red lobster
Server Assistant/Host (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJanuary 22, 2017
Great experience and great working environment. The management was exceptional and led by example. They were flexible, friendly, and passionate about their job. The people I worked with made that place fun. Great Experience and would do it again.
Red Lobster is the best
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2017
Management could be a bit better. Love working here when I was a line cook. Quickly switched to server after seeing how much money they made. Would recommend to apply.
great benefits long hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 21, 2017
10-13 hour days
great training program
excellent benefits form day one
on your feet all day
very physical position
great staff
plenty of room for advancement
Pros
eat for free
Cons
no real break you dont leave the building
its an ok job
Culinary Professional (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 20, 2017
it was really busy all the time. with lots of work to do. some really good people. I learned people skills. management was not that great
Fast Paced, Fun Work Environment
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJanuary 20, 2017
Red Lobster had a fantastic management team with a hard working staff. The best part of the job was the people that I had the pleasure of working with. A family environment was formed with teamwork being the key to success. My ability to multitask was heightened because of this job and I learned more about my own abilities here that I ever would have imagined.
Good work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJanuary 20, 2017
Great work environment with people who care about you and are very friendly to everyone who enters the establishment. I recommend this job to any and everyone.
Good Humbling Experience
Utility (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 19, 2017
This job is not ideal for anyone, as the workload for the backhouse workers well exceeds the compensation you receive. The servers don't make much more, and get their hours cut considerably as well as having to share their tip money with other servers. This job will work you hard, and humble you. It is almost a guarantee that you will leave with a new found respect for the service workers and waiters/waitresses by working here. However, I would move on to other potential opportunities unless you absolutely have no choice but to work here. Even if you have to work here, keep searching for other jobs until you get something better, just like I did.
Excellent with training, crew growth, and team development.
Culinary Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAJanuary 19, 2017
A typical shift was a combination of developing and coaching crew around the daily objectives, engaging with guest, along with running daily operations. I have learned that to create a guest focused culture is to first cultivate a guest focused team. The only way to ensure that you'll have a great shift is to be proactive. The most enjoyable part of the job is developing and coaching crew around standards, restaurant objectives, and to have a guest focused mindset daily.
Good working enviroment
Dining room server (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 19, 2017
I learned how to service the guests in a timely matter and work as a team. The management team interacted with the staff and helped whenever a issue arise.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
closing hours
Productive and maintained environment.
Hostess (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2017
Greeting customers and maintaining a clean environment. i learned to be more patient and open minded when dealing with customers. keeping bathrooms and front area clean.
Pros
50% off discount for employees
Cons
No breaks
Red Lobster is my second house i love the people and i love my job!!
Service Assistant and alley Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 19, 2017
Working at Red Lobster in 14 years i have been learning a lot about food and i have meeting a lot of people literally they are my family for me Red Lobster is a nice place to aet to work and to live the experience about seafood ❤
Ok place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 18, 2017
I worked with great people there but Management was always going through a restructuring phase which made it very difficult to move up within the company.
Great coworkers
Server (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 18, 2017
I really enjoy working at Red Lobster, but I'm not getting the hours I was hoping for. It's usually a very fast paced job, handling up to four or five tables at a time while doing other tasks related to the job.
Pros
Discounted food, flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours, bad customers
It's pretty good and very flexable
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed working there. Starting out was hard because some of the employees were competitive and trained me wrong on purpose so that I would want to quit. but after another trainer helped me get it right it was easy. I was able to move from several different red lobster locations when I needed to and they were all very nice to work with.
Good place to work…if you want to risk not being able to pay your bills
Baker (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 17, 2017
Basically it goes like this. The management sucks… at scheduling. It's all based on promotions that are going on. For instance one week I would get 34 hours. The next I wouldn't even top 15-20. Yes okay they pay $10 an hour... so what. The amount of money you make does not matter if your only getting so many hours a week. You must be super fast or get out. I was the scheduled baker and because of my speed I was always shifted to another job. Dishes. I get that my speed may have been slow or so it seemed but in all honesty it is IMPOSSIBLE to stay up on the bread. It takes 8 minutes to make 5 trays of 20 and when you have a bunch of servers taking it for their tables 100 biscuits will only last about 3-4 minutes. Logically it is not possible to stay up bread and instead of management realizing this they shift you off to another job thinking someone else can do it better. Let me tell you the feeling I got from walking out was like taking ecstasy.
Pros
$10 an hour
Cons
Burns and cuts all over, terrible hours, terrible servers, bad af scheduling.
overall rating
cook/ Heart of house line (Former Employee) –  Greenville SCJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at red lobster is two teams; front of house and the back of the house, that is ready to work hard as a team and provide the best customer experience possible. The business is normally steady but has its peaks and its down time. Red lobster is filled with individuals that has positive attitudes and the heart to serve. The hardest part of the job is trusting and knowing your team and doing your part to help the team run successful.
Pros
50 on clock discount 25 off clock
Cons
short on the team
fun work place
Grill Master (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAJanuary 16, 2017
Its a good job filled with opportunity and a lovable staff but the management sucks and the task load can be huge. the over all experience is a good one.
Productive place to work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OH 43950January 15, 2017
As a Baker you are in charge of making biscuits, and baked potatoes. Also you will be asked to help out some other stations in the back when you have time.
good place
Line Cook/ Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLJanuary 15, 2017
prep food cut seafood clean bake prep work the line fry broil grill prep serve food plate food make salads learned cooking fast paced line work
A day at Sears.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI 48089January 15, 2017
It was black Friday and I was the last one to have a lunch break.While the others were finishing their lunch, I had to stay on the floor. I was having fun helping a lot of busy shoppers by myself.
Pros
I enjoyed helping the customers.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.