Red Lobster Employee Reviews

It was a job to get through college
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHDecember 11, 2017
As a service assistant at Red Lobster, you did a little of everything. I have bused tables, cleaned dishes, taken orders, served food, made food, and aided with prep. I did not feel appreciated for all the work I did, nor was I compensated fairly, I thought, for it.
Pros
You get 50% off, and I made some cool firends
Cons
stressful, low pay, I injured my back, underappreciated
Poor environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PADecember 11, 2017
Very poor management, lack of communication between some of the managers and staff for the most part, no motivation to work bunch of whiners and complainers in the kitchen who showed no desire to work at all. Overall would not recommend working there
Pros
Discouns on food
Cons
Lack of communication, poor management
great comp.
Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALDecember 11, 2017
great company to work for they pay for you to move anywhereyou want to. they pay pretty good, bonus isnt that great. upper management is great, training is great as well
Pros
opportunities
Cons
pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 10, 2017
Very fast pace environment, I enjoyed my time managing there. My General Manager and Area Director of Operations were extremely Professional and great to work with.
benefits
Cons
Quick paced serving job requires skills
Server/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 10, 2017
Overall this is a great company, and I have really enjoyed my time working here over the last three years. I am a single mother and with this job's flexibility I was able to continue going to school to finish my Bachelors degree. Being a server I would not want to go anywhere else, because of the high quality standards that this company holds for not only their employees, but guests as well.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Low hourly pay/ Short shifts
Great Temporary Job
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 10, 2017
Working at Red Lobster requires patience and team work, I learned a lot about costumer service, how to change the guest experience from unacceptable one to a very enjoyable one. the best thing about working in red lobster is the fast pace when it's busy.
Good Atmosphere
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2017
Modern office setting where tools needed are provided. Many pleasant and professional employees. Monthly company update meetings. Competitive pay for most positions. Poor cell phone reception with no wifi offered. Low cubical walls cause lack of privacy and high noise volume at times. Bring your sweater!
A well paying, yet fast-paced and sometimes stressful, entry level job
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PADecember 8, 2017
A typical day started out slow, but quickly increased in pace as the people came in. Generally, the servers didn't help a whole lot, and you end up helping them more than needed. It was quickly paced until the end of the shift, which sometimes went over if it was really busy. The people were ok, there was a lot of negativity and positivity between the staff.
Pros
Free food, Pay for entry level
Cons
Management, no room for advancement
Like being in elementary school
Server (Former Employee) –  I've been in Michigan and two Florida locationsDecember 8, 2017
Not very fair to work for. They blame the server for everything. They push you to sell certain items and if you can't get anyone to order them. Or to do their guest services survey they take your shifts away and make you feel worthless
Pros
Not really any unless you have been with the company a long tine
Cons
No perks unless you do exactly what they say
Fun
Head Hostess (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDDecember 8, 2017
Fast pace. fun a great place to work if you love people, seafood.. I learned all postions that which was great, just in case i wanted to ever change positions.
Pros
free food
Cons
Hard on the body
good place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 8, 2017
Had a great experience working at the Red Lobster aside from one particular manager that I had issues with on a constant basis. He micro managed and singled me out constantly.
Pros
Great general manager that always looks out for his staff
Cons
Jarod
Fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 8, 2017
I enjoy being around people so this is a wonderful place to work. The managers are all wonderful people and the other staff is very friendly and the food is delicious.
No good since it left Darden
Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 8, 2017
Red Lobster is short on managers. Too short. I was working 75 hours per week. Open to close then open again with no relief in sight. In house promotions are no good. You get no bonus for 2 years...no matter what your experience is.
Fast paced, can be stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIDecember 7, 2017
With the removal of bussers and other positions, the servers have to pick up the slack when it comes to sidework. There is no extra compensation for the amount of time servers are not taking tables, meaning that you could be doing sidework for up to an hour and a half and only be paid $2.30 for that time.
Pros
Good money from tips, energizing wait staff
Cons
No breaks, Poor management, corporate focused.
Great Place To Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MODecember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at Red Lobster and working with the crew members there. We were able to represent Red Lobster in a positive way and created a strong environment of customer service.
Awful
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLDecember 6, 2017
Job was okay in the beginning, but the new managers made it awful. They were really pushy about corporate non-sense, pushing more and more work on the front of the house, and generally never had your back. You have a ridiculous amount of sidework for sever pay. And I mean A LOT more than the average restaurant. They push unrealistic goals but never praise you when you reach them. They treat you like a child, no cell phones on you at all, no cursing in BOH, and forget teamwork if you aren't liked. Clients can also be awful and you have a lot of really slow awful nights. On a Friday, everybody was usually averaging $70, on a WEEKEND night. In general, I averaged $12 an hour, but you need to work doubles all the time to do this (11+ hour). Also, the last two words that should turn you off of this job? ENDLESS SHRIMP.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Managers, promotions, coworkers, clients
Divertido
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Northfield DenverDecember 6, 2017
Me gusta un buen lugar de trabjao con buenos compañeros y sobretodo respeto
poor management
Server Bartender (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 6, 2017
My boss was replaced twice in the time that I worked here. The wrong things were being worried about like tomatoes in salads instead of employees being treated fairly
Okay
Hostess and Busser (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 6, 2017
Working here was okay. Although the employees was nice, it seem very unorganized. Atypical work day consist of folding silverware, sitting guests, and occasionally busing tables.
good staff
hostess (Current Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 5, 2017
A typical day at work is usually smooth and easy going day but can get stressful at times. I learn how keep in rotation with seating the servers. The manages are pretty fair with their employees. The hardest part of the job is when we get busy and people start to get anxious. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around good people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.