Red Lobster
1,568 reviews

Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Fast paced, Friendly environment
Host / Server's Assistant (Current Employee), Fairfield CAMay 21, 2015
Cons: Short breaks
Busy from open to close, with lunch and dinner rushes, and slow times between. I've become more personable as a result of this job, and all of the numerous interactions I have with customers. Management is always ready to help whenever you need it. All of the staff is friendly, and willing to help you learn.
What to say...
Server (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OH/Crestwood, MOMay 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, potential for good money, awesome coworkers, discount on food
Cons: Slow summers, structure, favoritism, chaos
Management isn't what I first expected upon hiring. I worked for 2 different Red Lobsters. They both get very slow during summer times. Both places get crazy during very busy times and it seems like everyone's doing what they think they should. It's not an organized chaos, it's just simply drive you absolute nuts chaos. Managers are too buddy buddy with some coworkers and I believe that's what disrupts the most, but all my coworkers were awesome at both places, well most of them. Even though some guests can ruin your nights, there are definitely more that can make your night. My biggest problem with Red Lobster was the structure. There is none! All in all there are worse companies to work for and make a heck of a lot less money.
bad.
Host (Former Employee), East Elmhurst, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: short breaks, no break room
i was part time host. if the manager felt like they didn't need you they would send you home after 3-4 hours. pay is bi-weekly in a company's debit card. no checks or direct deposit.
fast paced steady workplace
Cashier/Bartender (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: fast paced
Cons: limited room for growing
great customer interactions, great coworkers, great management, quick turnaround, family dining, enjoyed meeting different people
Wonderful team and friendly atmosphere
Servica Assistant (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: 1/2 off any meal on the menu for lunch, 25% for dinner
Cons: The days that it was slow
On a typical work day I'd come in be greeted by the host and chit chat a bit before heading to the back to clock in. Management was very understanding of any personal issues you may be having and worked seamlessly in adjusting schedules to fit a student or parents time table. I immensely enjoyed my job and the interaction I was able to have with the guests.
Excellent Staff and Management
Server (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: Discount food, great co-workers, fantastic management
Cons: No full-time employment opportunity
I arrived at work almost an hour early for the majority of my shifts just to pre-check that everything was running smoothly and give a quick 'hi, how are you today' to everyone I worked with, servers, bartenders, cooks, dishwashers, management, and everyone else included. The crew I worked with a Red Lobster 551 was fantastic from the General Manager down to miss Bertha who rolled silverware in the back five nights a week. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently while still having fun and keeping a light, pleasant manner about myself. The hardest part of the job was when I was assigned to a large party (30 or more with one or two other servers assisting) and everything was so crammed in the back with all the servers running around prepping 30+salads and soups, bread and plates, in addition to getting the drinks was just hectic and stressful. The most enjoyable parts were when the guests talked about how wonderful I did with them and even told the hostess or a manager on occasion how great of an employee I was. It also helped that more than one of those tables left a $40+ tip.
Laid Back workplace
HOST (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed working here mainly because of the people i worked with. It was a fun and fast pace job. I learned to do a lot of multi-tasking here at this job.
Red lobster
Dishwasher (Former Employee), port charlotte flMay 20, 2015
Management before remodel was ridiculous didnt care too much about employees just themselves. It was great for benefits but other than that i would work under their new management and try again
Stable workplace with great coworkers.
Server, Host, and Take Out (Current Employee), Concord, NCMay 18, 2015
A typical day at work is to arrive early, and make sure everything including my section is set up. I then make sure my team mates are set up, and we continue to work together through out the shift. This job has taught me great sales, and customer service skills. The management is great and we all have strong bonds. The hardest part of the job is the amount of work we have to put in, but being busy is what makes the job rewarding. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the customers are happy, and that they will continue to come back.
red lobster
SERVER (Former Employee), Thornton, COMay 18, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: working weekends
Money was descent and time off was granted when needed if the business warranted it. co workers were great and a lot of team work.
Very productive work environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Oxford, ALMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
I loved working here. I had a child and wasn't able to continue working at the time. I loved the people who worked here as well.
Very productive work place based on team work
Alley Coordinator (Current Employee), Merritt Island, FLMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great team builder and great people
Cons: not enough hours avalable for employees to work
One of the better companies I have worked with. The management is the key behind operation helping when needed and willing to work with employees. I have learned a great deal about the culinary industry through red lobster. The majority of my co-workers are dedicated hard workers like myself.
Not the place to work if you're looking for consistency.
Server (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNMay 18, 2015
Pros: discounts on food, paid daily
Cons: people
A typical day at work is usually a fair mix of a good light hearted atmosphere and a constant rush. There are a lot of nights where I'll stand for hours though and maybe get 4 tables before being sent home for the night. I don't know about everyone else, but my bills don't get paid with sixteen dollar shifts. That just doesn't work.

Honestly, in a busier location I believe a server could really thrive. In the city that I work though, I don't believe that's an option.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the people. In this industry, the guests are very much like babies. They want what they want and they want it now. They don't care if you have 6 tables and are stretched as thin as you could possibly go, they just want their refills, condiments, and attention.

Honestly, this serving thing isn't for the faint of heart. You've got to have a lot of patience. If you've got plenty of that and a knack for schmoozing, I say go for it.
Typical Restraunt Work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 16, 2015
Pros: Can be tons of fun, females, better than customer support
Cons: Precursor to alcoholism, bad pay and no benefits, working holidays
Job Work/Life Balance - I was a cook (back of the house). Enjoy working 6 days a week and somehow only getting 36 hours.

Compensation/Benefits - Benefits are complete garbage. You work all major holidays except Christmas (I think). Pay is horrible. You'll be lucky to make more than a McDonald's employee and work 4x as hard.

Job Security/Advancement - It's a revolving door of employees. There are always unfortunate souls that ended up making this pit stop job a career.

Management - Usually an alcoholic Poli Sci major.

Job Culture - If you get a good store, you're going to at least get to meet some females. I hope you like drinking every night and dealing with drugged up dish washers.
Was a great staff, fun, and fast paced.
Server (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 16, 2015
Pros: Fun co-workers, decent management.
Cons: very slow business wise.
A typical day at work I would get about 3 tables, I would greet the customers get their drink orders. Make the drinks, get their food and salad orders, put in the orders, and then make the salads. I would run the food, some times I would garnish it.
fast paced work environment
Bartender (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 16, 2015
Good work environment with many employees, all working together to maintain a steady pace and maintain 100% customer satisfaction.
Learned to run the 2nd busiest Red Lobster bar in a steady pace with very little complications. One of the best experiences that allowed me to develop many new skills that I can always apply to most other jobs.
Poor management
Chef (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great employee atmosphere
Cons: Terrible managing
Cant keep employees, management is practically worthless. The job is easy but not worth the effort. The restaurant can do well if it were ran in a better way.
Not the ideal work environment
Beverage & Hospitality Manager (Former Employee), Colonie, NYMay 14, 2015
Pros: 50% discount during and immediately after shift - 25% any other time with up to 7 friends
Cons: long hours
Very long hours with very little recognition. I would work 80 hour work weeks, and seemed like I was even there on my day off.
fun work place
Server (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 14, 2015
Cons: no breaks
cash handling, guest service, good co-workers. time management. fast pace. management is okay. learned to be a fast worker and mutitask
Much room to advance
Line coordinator (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMay 14, 2015
Given tools needed to grow with the company, stock options, 401k, and company matched as well. Team environment was enjoyable for my tenure here.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more

Red Lobster Salaries