Red Lobster Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,124 reviews matching the search
I like this job
Hostess/cashier (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 23, 2016
It was great working at Red Lobster I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the customers, some co-workers were professional so it made working there nice. Managers were somewhat on their job but i will not work at the location i previously worked at.
Great for teens
Server/ Waiter (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYAugust 23, 2016
This job is ideal for the young single mother or college student looking for work and a kick start to a better career. Would recommend this to high school graduates.
i great resturaunt to work in
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 22, 2016
I loved cooking its my passion.. I love when people taste wonderful food made from me puts a smile on my face. when I get up in the morning shower and fresh n up I walk in ready to make a difference at work
Productive work place with good hours
Certicied Grill Master (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIAugust 22, 2016
Overall was a great exsperiance to work for them. The food is always prepared on a good level and everything is always fresh. Hours are good to if you need them they will be given
Learn to be a server at Red Lobster
Server (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 22, 2016
This was a fairly comfortable serving job for me at the time I had it. I eventually needed to make more money than $70-$100 on a busy night. You will learn the fundamentals of serving the general public if you work at a large corporate chain restaurant. Find a good location like I did.
Pros
quick side work, tips at the end of the night, flexible
Cons
The clientele
Excellent Food
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2016
A typical day at red lobster was always different as well. I learned a lot about seafood and preparations on how to cook it and prepare it. Management was excellent. My co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was the high volume, face-paced environment. The most enjoyable part was eating the food.
Very Productive and Fun Place of Business
Utility/Dishwasher/Bake/Line (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 20, 2016
While working at Red Lobster I experienced alot of fun times and alot of frustrating times. My job was easy on the days that business was slow and my task was challenging on the days that it was very busy.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Fun Management
Cons
challenging Work days
Decent Job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILAugust 19, 2016
It is a good job for somebody that is looking to only stay for a short while. It is extremely hot in the kitchen and it gets very busy to the point where it is almost overwhelming
great place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 19, 2016
i really liked working there . i just got a better offer some where else.the staff was very understanding and a very enjoyable evironment.overall great place to work.
Enjoyable
Host (Former Employee) –  Bartonsville, PAAugust 17, 2016
My time with Red Lobster was a great learning experience however, I was interested in pursuing my interests elsewhere. My managers were extremely helpful during my time there and i would recommend this job to friends.
Fun and excutung place kept me on my toes.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILAugust 16, 2016
Busy commute daily to work work well with others team member a typical day was always busy and moving constantly taking orders delivering orders making sure customer satisfaction is a MUST I enjoyed the atmosphere and the people. The most enjoyable part of any job I think is when you clock out for the day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcare packages
Fun work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARAugust 15, 2016
Thorough training, wonderful co-workers and management who are ready and able to jump to your side should you need help. Somewhat flexible schedule, great for students or those with a second job, and memorable customers. The physical excursion was the hardest part of the job, but the customers smiling faces made it worth it.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Can't please every customer
Typical Corporate Employment
Server (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 15, 2016
Great place for a college student to work, no benefits, but you make cash every day from tips, lots of side work compared to locally owned establishments
Fun place to work.
Host (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 15, 2016
Very good management, advancement is possible if you work hard. It is very good in training, pay, time off. It is very laid back place but gets really busy.
Productive and fun work place
Server/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NC 28546August 14, 2016
Working at Red Lobster has given me the opportunity to succeed well under pressure and to help out others when in need. All of my co-workers helped me whenever i needed the help.
Pros
Half off of employee meals
Cons
short breaks
Good Part-time job
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 13, 2016
Its an alright place to work, they are good at working with the days you can and can not work and days you need off, but management treats employees poorly!
Pros
Seeing guests all the time
Steady, reliable job while I was living in San Bernardino County
Pantry Cook (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 12, 2016
Hiring was fast, and the assistant manager was friendly and helpful. They trusted me to close by myself by my second week. It was difficult to learn some of the procedures because a lot of my coworkers only spoke Spanish, but they all seemed pretty friendly and would take time to show me proper procedure when they realized we couldn't communicate very well verbally.
Pros
Free bread and salad
Cons
Walking home after closing at 2 AM
Great Workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 11, 2016
Greet guests as they walk in the door, seat however many guests at a guest ready table. Let the server know. If there is nothing to do then clean but also figure out and know where you're going to sit your next guest that walks in.
Pros
50% off, eating there as a guest 15% off
great
cashier (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 9, 2016
Very good place to work at. awesome team, management was great. All about putting customers first and great customer service. wouldnt trade this experience for anything.
Red Lobster Experience
Dishwasher/Baker (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Red Lobster. I worked at 2 different stores, one in Missouri and another in Indiana. The hours weren't to bad even though it was swing shift. Mostly 4-11pm.
I liked how organized the back of the restaurants were. I was always in the back in the house as a dishwasher or a baker, and with how the stores are set up it was easy to do my job with out getting in the way of others.
On the downside Mgmt. did a poor job of assigning schedules and shifts. In order to receive a day off I would have to remind the managers multiple times verbally along with written notices. Even though my request off would be approved, I would still get scheduled and then if I didn't show up, I would get written up. It seemed at both stores where i worked the managers don't communicate very well with each other, especially when it came to schedules.
Overall I rate my Red Lobster Experience 4 stars.
Pros
Short shifts, Discounted meals.
Cons
Poor Scheduling and Mgmt. Organization.