1,585 reviews

Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Albany, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: happy environment, happy customers and upbeat work environment.
Cons: having to come in for 2-4 hours was not enough.
Help customers to get where they need to be. My management was the best. I loved my co-workers. I can not think of a hard part to this job. I enjoyed every moment of working here.
Not the best place for experienced retail salespersons.
Server (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free Meals after 6 hour shifts and for new employees
Cons: Work/Life Balance, Pay Rate, Employees, Management
Management easily overlook the needs and concerns of associates. Work environment is cluttered and entirely too busy for such a small pay rate.
Productive work place and great management
line cook (Former Employee), Pottstown, PAMay 28, 2015
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: hardly any down time
working at red lobster had its ups and downs just like most jobs i really enjoyed working in the mornings the most with food prep it was less hectic and slow moving. Working evenings from thursday to sunday were always very busy and kept me on my toes in a hot environment. I was very pleased with the managers and co workers.
Fun, fast paced environment, great co-workers who all help one another to satisfy guests.
Service Assistant (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMay 27, 2015
Pros: flexible sceduling, tips, fast paced, friendly environment
Cons: not enough hours, would be sent home if it was slow
My position was more of the bus boy position. I would help the servers out in any way possible. Refilling drinks, walking the food out to the tables when it's done. I would also assist the cleaning of the tables after the guests would leave, getting them ready for the next guest to come in and dine. This was one of my first jobs in customer service. I learned how to talk to all kinds of people, I learned about manners and how to deal with customer problems. Hardest part of the job would be carrying trays with food and with dishes. The most enjoyable part of the job was just the atmosphere it was always really busy and fast paced.
Great place
Server (Former Employee), Sherman, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Long Hours
A typical day of work consisted of the employees have a meeting about how the day would go based on previous shifts. I learned to be patient and also how to communicate effectively with my fellow co workers and guest. My co worker showed great teammate therefore helping out with the tip average. The hardest part of the job would be the pace on days that I had long days at school. It is a fast paced job and you have to always be ready. The most enjoyable part of working at Red Lobster had to be interacting with the guest. To this day, I still keep in contact with most of the guest that I had at the restaurant.
Great way to meet people and grow
Server (Current Employee), North olmsted OhioMay 27, 2015
making sure the guest have the best experience in our restaurant so they come back and ask me to wait on them. I have learned from our management team is to work as a team and make sure our customers have the best experience in our restaurant. The hardest part of my job is dealing with all different types of people and make sure you get them what they are asking for. The most enjoyable park of my job is making sure our guest have a great time and bringing new memories in their time.
Great Experience
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 27, 2015
I learned a lot of etiquette that goes along with serving at an upscale restaurant. The food spoke for itself and I gained many valuable tools that I still use in employment today.
Manager (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILMay 26, 2015
Each restaurant is different. The days vary and if you enjoy fast paced environment then it would work out well. Work job balance is not great though and you work a min of 50 hours a week.
not a full time job
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLMay 25, 2015
Pros: Close to home. I like to cook.
Cons: only part-time
Do my work . I knew what to do the workers and management were good to work with. I am not working anywhere right now. This job was only on call in when some one was sick or did not call in.
Management not sufficient in tasks
Hostess (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYMay 24, 2015
Management was more concerned with personal relationships than the success of the business. My co-workers were very helpful whenever a problem would arise. The business was run more by "lesser" employees than actual managers.
Fast-paced and great work place
busboy (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Half off food, choice when you work
Cons: short breaks, sometimes understaffed
I would walk into work and they would always be busy to I would have to start getting to work and helping everybody out. I refilled the machines, walked food, made food for servers, cleaned tables and dishes. I learned how to work under a lot of pressure and how to help the guest and make them happy. The managers were very hard workers that helped the servers when we were busy and they were strict but fair. The co-workers were fun but very hard-working and helpful. The hardest part of my job is when people you work with come in late and you are so busy and need help. The most enjoyable part was seeing all my co-workers and working with them.
good
Server/ Host/ Busser/ Food Runner (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 24, 2015
taco bell was a great high school job but I would not make a career out of it (personal choice). worked wok some awesome people though and hours worked well.
Positive Environment
Hostess (Current Employee), Norridge, ILMay 24, 2015
Pros: Reasonable hours
Cons: In need of remodeling
Red Lobster in Norridge, IL. is a very energetic work environment; learning communication skills and positive work ethics every day is a routine that is much appreciated as well as expected daily. In the year that I've worked in the restaurant industry, I've learned to build extraordinary communication skills as well as much about work ethics in itself. Knowing how to do not only my job as hostess, on a daily basis I would ask how to do other jobs, such as serving, working in the kitchen, and management. As far as management goes, I have never had managers as impressive as the ones at Red Lobster in Norridge, IL. My managers are hard working, great leaders, understanding, fantastic multi-taskers, and are teaching me to follow in their footsteps soon, as I plan to become a manager as soon as I can. The co-workers are also hard workers, as they can multi-task at impressive speeds and improve their memory and socialization skills daily. The hardest part of my job was training new hosts while simultaneously doing my job and helping others, as doing so many things at once and maintaining happy customers is a challenge in and of itself. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was the respect I had earned from not only the other hosts, but with servers, kitchen pros, and management. I do not only do my job, I help others as well, but not at the cost of setting myself back. The restaurant I had worked at was one big team, and we always pride ourselves in how hard we work, because at the end of the day it's about how we satisfy the customers and keep our business as well organized as possible.
Fast paced
Certified Training Server (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 23, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Availibility of health care to servers
Fast paced with periods of down time. Fun people to work with. You must be willing to take initiative during periods of down time and keep busy.
Very energetic atmosphere
Server and Host (Former Employee), Pineville, NCMay 23, 2015
Cooperating with other co-workers to provide a quality dining experience. Having time-management and an outgoing personality was very helpful to my experience.
Not enough work hours
Culinary Prep/Pantry Baker (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZMay 22, 2015
Not enough work hours, when I applied said was full time job but ended up only working 1-2 days a week. Nothing more to say other than worked a 9-10 hour shift with no breaks or lunch break.
Fast paced, Friendly environment
Host / Server's Assistant (Current Employee), Fairfield CAMay 21, 2015
Cons: Short breaks
Busy from open to close, with lunch and dinner rushes, and slow times between. I've become more personable as a result of this job, and all of the numerous interactions I have with customers. Management is always ready to help whenever you need it. All of the staff is friendly, and willing to help you learn.
What to say...
Server (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OH/Crestwood, MOMay 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, potential for good money, awesome coworkers, discount on food
Cons: Slow summers, structure, favoritism, chaos
Management isn't what I first expected upon hiring. I worked for 2 different Red Lobsters. They both get very slow during summer times. Both places get crazy during very busy times and it seems like everyone's doing what they think they should. It's not an organized chaos, it's just simply drive you absolute nuts chaos. Managers are too buddy buddy with some coworkers and I believe that's what disrupts the most, but all my coworkers were awesome at both places, well most of them. Even though some guests can ruin your nights, there are definitely more that can make your night. My biggest problem with Red Lobster was the structure. There is none! All in all there are worse companies to work for and make a heck of a lot less money.
DishWasher (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Part time
I worked there for a little while I was a dish washer and also a baker it was fun just wasn't full time so I couldn't do it anymore.
bad.
Host (Former Employee), East Elmhurst, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: short breaks, no break room
i was part time host. if the manager felt like they didn't need you they would send you home after 3-4 hours. pay is bi-weekly in a company's debit card. no checks or direct deposit.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more

Red Lobster Salaries