Red Lobster
1,222 reviews

Red Lobster Employer Reviews

Advage
Server (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 21, 2014
Typical place to work, but nice place to dine. Fast pace and must be flexible to working hours.
Steady pace always on the move
❸ Server/Seafood Expert (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 21, 2014
Responsible for providing exceptional service to all customers. Required to be well versed in cash handling, multi-tasking, and attentiveness.
Great experience built a lot of character
Great food and fun atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Rohnert Park, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: fun guests, face paced environment, discount on food
Cons: short breaks, took away some benefits, unorganized management
A typical day at Red Lobster re-cleaning the dining room and making sure the front of the house is ready for when we open the doors for business. I get several tables of any number of guests that I try to make feel as special as possible and attend to all their needs to assure a great restaurant experience. Team work is essential for a smooth shift – more... and guest satisfaction. This job taught me to be patient, time management skills, immense team work skills, and incredible multitasking skills. I also learned great communication skills as well as problem solving skills.
The hardest part of the job would be knowing how to communicate and work with guests that may be upset or have an issue with their experience, and doing my best to make sure they leave with a smile on their face. – less
A typical day at work
Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando FlOctober 18, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: the heat in the kitcken
A day at work can be very good.If you love what you do in life.The bad days at work you can learn from them. No one person is the same my co workers help understand people.Same come to work and bring there problems.So if I can help them have a good day I do.I enjoy helping people.
Great place, with a great team surrounding it.
Server (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: paid daily, flexible hours, discounted meals
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at my job included serving up to 200 guests on a given night. Your responsibility was informing them of specials, drinks, and how long they would have to wait on there food. I learned how to pace myself in stressful situations, as well as making strategies to accommodate the guests and my co-workers. The hardest part was being able to – more... perform at a very fast pace and a high level, which was easier with experience. The most enjoyable part of my experience was the guest and my co-workers. It felt like you were apart of something and the majority of the guests had uplifting things to say about me. – less
Great Serving Experience
Waitress (Former Employee), Springfield, OHOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, helpful staff, and great hours
Cons: not the best location, lower tips
Throughout college I worked as a waitress at Red Lobster. Working for Darden was a very enjoyable experience. The managers worked very well with my strict schedule and also the company offered several benefits for the employees. The training for the job was extensive, however this provided a great foundation of knowledge.
Great Serving Experience
Waitress (Former Employee), Springfield, OHOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, helpful staff, and great hours
Cons: not the best location, lower tips
Productive and constructive managaement opportunity that has allowed me to advance myself within my career
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Austell, GAOctober 14, 2014
Going through the Red Lobster's management program and management course has allowed me to experience the leadership responsibilities and job culture that is needed to properly run a successful restaurant. This position does require an extensive work schedule however it has added to the work constraints of the job but has allowed me to come to terms – more... with all that a position such as this entails. A typical day of work includes directing, delegating, and coaching over 80 team members, fully stocking and detailing both the front and back of the house, interacting with guests, complying with the rules and regulations of the company, and reassuring that results and progression is made in our daily process. With the responsibilities of being a kitchen manager has also includes learning and preparing weekly inventories, reducing wastes, complying with health and sanitation logs and systems, menu/ recipe knowledge and enforcement, scheduling kitchen staff members, maintenance of equipment, and exposure to cooking methods. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with guests, running a successful kitchen with talented initiative team members, and achieving the goals and results set out during a quarter. The hardest part of the job is the extensive schedules. Overall, my experience at Red Lobster has allowed me to the acquire the hands on training and the tools needed to further assist me with my career and management skills. – less
Productive work enviroment
Service Trainer (Current Employee), Columbus, INOctober 14, 2014
Pros: the money was very good when the store had high sales
Cons: no insurance
I love my job, I get to meet new people everyday, be apart of a special event in there life, make it even a memory for them! Ive had to learn to multi-task under a great deal of pressure, and had to inquire change monthly due to management leaving frequently.
Great experience
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: tons of new knowledge, management was friendly and understanding, great hours
Cons: sometime management would over staff shifts without adjusting
This was a great experience. I learned a tremendous amount of the service aspect of the position in addition to all my regular bar tending responsibilities. I thrived in the very fast paced atmosphere. I love to work in that type of environment.
Waitress (Former Employee), Portage, MIOctober 13, 2014
I enjoyed working here, I learned fast and there were awesome managers and team members that helped me along the way!
Great atmosphere and team to be on
Server (Former Employee), Augusta, gaOctober 11, 2014
Loved the people I worked with. Great team aspect and always friendly
great company
Culinary and Beverage and Hospitality (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great work culture
Cons: no cons
It was a great place to work.The company constantly trained and kept you up to date.The benefits were great and so was the bonus plans
Always busy and was picking up
Cook/Dish hand (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXOctober 10, 2014
go to job site, get materials, scrape floors, lay floors, cabinetry
Face paced
Server (Current Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 9, 2014
Pros: meet new people everyday, making people happy, tips
Cons: management, gossiping, no trust
Red Lobster is a great restaurant to work for. Management may have some flaws that can be easily fixed with more proper training.
Certified Trainer
Certified trainer to train new servers (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 9, 2014
I worked well with the my other co workers. I would go in early to train the new servers. I would close most of the night I worked.
Not A good work environment.
Server (Former Employee), Colerain, OHOctober 7, 2014
Pros: non come to mine, i have a very negative view of this place. this was a regrettable part of my life.
Cons: too many to list.
I Have worked at several Restaurants and loved all them but here. That said I would never work at Darden again. Staff and Managment used and abused certain staff members. There were clear favorites who had all the the good shifts. Other staff members were pressured to help certain employees. They would ask you for favors and you were required to help – more... them even though they NEVER return the favor, usually it was because they are too busy running 5 tables even though they were supposed to be restricted to 3 tables.

Several other reasons why I would not work there again but I don't think it is worth talking about. – less
productive days, fast paced nights
Waiter (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free meals after work
I enjoyed everything about this job . I met all kinds of people all searching for the same or similar goals. I loved coming to work everyday. I learned how to work a small business from the front of dining hall to the kitchen. I learned how to crunch numbers gained in a fast-food business.
Loved the people I met working here
Line Cook (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 5, 2014
The managers and staff were very nice and loyal. We worked as a team to get the job done and our customers loved us for it.
Fast paced, good environment
Server/Server Assistant/Hostess (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 5, 2014
Working at Red Lobster s very enjoyable to work at, made great money and the people were great to work with and for.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more