Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Found 2,469 reviews matching the search
I love Red Lobster
Server (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 23, 2017
The people are very friendly and I get a well rounded work place. Everyone gets along there, which is GREAT. I love Serving my customers because they make my day and shift go by smooth ad easy.
A well ran company with qualified management and staff.
Bartender/Server/Host (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNFebruary 23, 2017
I've been an employ with Red Lobster for 9.5 years and have worked at 3 Tennessee locations. Most of my experience at all 3 have been very positive. Having started as a teenager, Red Lobster played a large role in culminating me into a functional member of society. It taught me invaluable social skills that can be applied anywhere, not just in the service industry.
Pros
50% off all menu items on breaks and 25% off for you and your party when you come in off days.
Cons
No pay raises in tip based jobs.
A day at red lobster
Insurance Producer/ Field Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJFebruary 23, 2017
A day at red lobster is very fast pace. Managing time is important if you want to satisfy your guest. Working there has taught me a lot. i am happy to have worked there.
Free biscuits
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIFebruary 21, 2017
You keep track of sections and clean tables vs dirty ones. Seat people as fast as you can. They don't give you as many hours. I lived 25 minutes away. As soon as I would get there and it was a slow day, they would send me home on only a 3 day work week. It was easy, but the waitresses made it stressful if you didn't sit certain types of groups in their section. I don't miss the job to be honest. No breaks, no discounted food, no hours.. You could make a lot more being a waitress there.
Pros
free biscuits
Cons
No breaks
Very hardworking
Dishwasher, cook, stock (Former Employee) –  State College, PAFebruary 21, 2017
Very cool environment, cool people,
Very hardworking business, worth the work and job experience. Dishwashing is a little bit harder work, definetly in the need of 2 people
Great workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 21, 2017
This was a great work place. Fun environment and friendly people to be around. The work was fairly easy and the pay was good. I would recommend this job.
Pros
Half off lunch
Cons
Less breaks
Great team work
Server (Former Employee) –  Ledgewood, NJFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoyed the fast pace and dealing with the public. The team work was wonderful which lead to many lasting friendships. Helping the guest order exactly what they wanted, the way they wanted was very satisfying.
Pros
workplace culture
Cons
some slow periods
Productive and Fun wok place
Waiter/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work is fun and steady.
Management was sometimes cool but overall were good.
Work place culture was very diverse
There weren't really any hard parts about this job.
The most enjoyable part was when my regulars would come in for a drink or if it was busy.
fast paced environment
Server (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2017
A fast paced, friendly environment that has been reliable for over 7 years. The most enjoyable part of the job is guest interaction, and the hardest part of the job is handling large parties that like to switch seats.
Pros
flexible work hours
Red lobster
Cook/prep specialist (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, ILFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. The place was very clean and organized and the employees were all nice people. Very professional and courteous.
Pros
Clean. Organized
An okay first job
Expediter (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 19, 2017
I worked for this company around seven years at two locations and with a break in the middle. The company was okay, but little room for advancement.
Okay place to work, depends who is GM in there
Server, Server Assistant & Utility in the Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 18, 2017
Old building, needs to be renovated for modern style, only they take care of kitchen new supplies, but main management forgetting about safety (no cameras) and renovations in the place where guests come to eat.
I don`t think that the CEO has the same mess in his house.
Pros
Nothing is free, no breaks, only if you are a smoker you can go smoke outside at not busy hours.
Cons
no breaks, must work on Holidays
great company
Waitress/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 18, 2017
Red Lobster is a great company to work for. High volume. great environment. room for advancement. The people are very enjoyable and management is amazing.
Fun workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2017
Loves it here best tips. Work here for 5 years . Moves around a lot. Hoping to work at this company again. Great co workers Good team works not much issues.
Pros
Loves my job best tips
productive
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 17, 2017
I prepared a list of food that was given to me each morning by the manger. I learned new recipes. Management was not very good. the hardest part of the job was trying to get the list done on time.
Red Lobster was not a healthy atmosphere
line cook back (Former Employee) –  Lansdale PAFebruary 16, 2017
I am just a quiet hard worker that wants to get my job done in a pleasant atmosphere and then go home, I am also a Christian and I don't participate in a lot of the work place nonsense that goes on in restaurants, like drinking, drugs and theft. I expected for my silent beliefs to take me far in a corporate company like this but I was wrong. As it turns out, I was ridiculed and picked on by the staff and management for playing by the rules. I really didn't enjoy working there at all, yet I pressed on for as long as I could. I also found out while I worked there that I had a shell fish allergy, which got progressively worse as I was constantly handling raw shell fish.
Pros
I found one more thing that I was great at, prep cooking
Cons
I didn't like the job
It was great stepping stone.
Server, Host, Pantry, AC (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 16, 2017
It was a stepping stone into the hospitality industry and I have learned a lot from them. I respect how they motivate teamwork and are very flexible with your time schedule. A regular day at work would be mostly communication between host and line cooks to better ensure a steady shift hence why management made sure the FOH and BOH was always properly in direct understanding of each other.
Pros
50% of lunch during break, 401k, health benefits
Cons
the breaks tend to be short, sometimes we cant even take a break.
steady and productive work place
server (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day at wok for me is very fast paced and hard working . You always have to be aware, focused, and reliable . I've learned patience and very good communicational skills . I would say the hardest part of the job is making sure the guest experience is enjoyable . As they all say the guest is always right . The thing i enjoy most about working at red lobster is that you're always meeting new people hearing different stories . I like try and relate to people constantly.
Pros
50% off food, meeting new people
Cons
hourly pay and rude people
Fast paced work environment.
Head of House Cook (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDFebruary 15, 2017
They have an amazing staff that is well versed in training their new employees. Team members grow strong connections in communication. The managers treat the employees well and show their genuine concern. They have programs to help pay for College through the company as well as hardship grants for employees goingthrough financial hardship. I loved this job. My bosses were great people to work for and always had time to talk about anything I had questions or concerns about.
Pros
free food, benefits, financial help with college. advancement opportunities
Do not recommend
Server (Current Employee) –  Stow, OHFebruary 15, 2017
A typical day at my store involves management screaming at employees and your job being threatened. Moral is very low and management doesn't work well with your availability.
Pros
50% off on food
Cons
No breaks, not allowed to eat before or after shift, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.