Red Lobster Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,989 reviews matching the search
Friendly and flexible, involving a lot of team work
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 28, 2016
This job is for people who thrive in a fast paced environment and are good at multi tasking. There are many opportunities to learn and advance in the company. Learning opportunities range from culinary skills, management, safety and health inspection, customer service, to retail. Red Lobster works as a team to give our guests the best dining experience possible.Working as a team around so many customers requires a lot of patience and social skills as well. Unfortunately, the work depends on how many customers go out to eat each day and it is not always easy to predict.
Pros
Flexible hours, Many learning opportunities, Teamwork
Cons
Salary is based on tips, uncertain hours
Learning to beceome a manager
Service Professional and Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 19, 2016
I would get to work around 10:00 a.m. and I would make sure the restaurant is ready to serve guests when we open at 11:00. I would talk to guests, help the cooks in the back and more. I was training to become a manager and towards the end of my training, decided to go back to school and use get my degree so I can do something that I really love. The hardest part of the job was trying to please everyone from guests to coworkers. You have to make decisions that will benefit everyone the best you can. The most enjoyable part was learning every day that I went to work.
heart of house and front of house worker
server, cook, food prep, dish washer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 23, 2016
always come in ready to roll. you never know when you will get a rush or it would be a mellow day. either way its enjoyable as long as you have good co workers which i did. the management will help you as best they can but the pay just isnt enough to get by with unless you are a good server. the hardest part of the job is holidays when the lobby is packed with families ready for lunch and dinner. the most enjoyable part is talking about how hectic it was with your coworkers when its all over
Great teamwork based productivity
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO 80123May 26, 2016
In my experience working at red lobster the most enjoyable part of being there was the friendliness of the fellow wait staff and hosts.
It felt organized and efficient for the serving customers. I would mention that management felt like it wasn't always available or on page with one another it was difficult to have individual needs addressed as apposed to fitting in as just another link in the chain. All told it was a mediocre place to work.
Pros
Great place to make quality connections
Cons
Poor managment
Red Lobster
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 28, 2016
There were always ups and downs, but overall, my experience at Red Lobster has been a positive one. I've learned a bounty of different jobs and all of the staff have been very patient as everyone is constantly learning new things. I have made quite a few friends that I am glad to have met, as well as learned so many life skills from working here. The hardest part of the job is that it is simply stressful, as with all restaurant business. The best part is to be around people who are generally very pleasant to be around.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Very hardworking job
Great Place to work
Busser (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 3, 2016
On an average day I would come in and get my headset so they could tell me what tables needed cleaned. Most of the time we were busy so as soon as I got there I would get to cleaning tables and putting clean new stuff on the table after I cleaned it. Then I would take the silverware and plates back to the kitchen and put them together to be cleaned. After 4-5 hrs I would get cut as the business would slow down during the day.
Pros
fast. good money
Cons
not long hours
super busy restaurant!
service assistant/ cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2016
the typical day at red lobster consists of smiling and making the guests feel welcome. My old co workers were college students in there 20's, and pretty fun to be around. The hardest part of that job would probably when the kitchen gets behind and the servers all ask for there food. Management was amazing and unlike no other! The most enjoyable part would most definitely be the food!
Pros
Half priced food
Cons
kitchens really hot
Fast paced High volume job
Wait Staff/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 8, 2016
This job has taught me the skill of multitasking. It has taught me balance between coworker and customer interactions. The training i received was well structured. Self taught sales skills. Hardest part of my job was the high volume and fast paced nature of the job. Plateaued challenges without going forward into management. I enjoyed this job for the coworkers and the guest i got to make some amazing connections and learn useful skills that i can take onto other parts of my life and moving forward into new opportunities.
Pros
Great skills
Cons
inconsistent hours/scheduling and income.
Work at Red Lobster was great
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILApril 6, 2016
A typical day at Red Lobster we would walk in and get a lobster talk which would be a talk about what we need to sell for that day. What I have learned from working with Red Lobster is how to confront people and become more sociable. The management and co workers were okay but not the best it could have been by far. The hardest park of my job would have to be dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is having fun while working and being social.
Fun Workplace with Lots of New Interactions
Head Host (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 20, 2016
Working daily with a diverse group of people and getting to interact with a high volume restaurant presented challenges but it was all a learning experience. I loved getting to meet customers on a daily basis, build rapport with recurring customers and ensure that each person left feeling satisfied. The best part about the job was being able to grow a small family with the people I worked with the most and learn about them while allowing them to learn about me and my background.
One of the best restaurants to work for
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 2, 2016
Compared to other casual dining restaurants they provide a good work/life balance. It is the service industry so you are busy when everyone else is having fun (Holidays, Weekends).
Red Lobster has a very good training program and prides itself on having high standards and providing clear direction from corporate level.
Pros
Training, Pay is above average
ok
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 16, 2016
Work 10 in the morning to 9 at night. Set up drink area and alley to open up. Greet guess,sever guess, buss tables, and dress food/run food to tables. I learn how to time management better. Management is fair and have me train others sometime. Co- workers are friendly and divers. The hardest part is being there all day when its very slow. The best part is making every guest leave happy.
Pros
%50 discount on food
Cons
Short breaks or long breaks.
Great managers, mostly great coworkers. A lot of potential for a fun place.
Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIMay 5, 2016
Shifts are typically 6 hours long without a break. It's a hit or miss whether or not you will profit from the day. The weekends are the must-have shifts. I've always loved my managers, but they seem to shift around a lot which might make some things potentially inconsistent. The same goes for the employees- a lot of people come and go, but some of the employees have called this place their home, being there for 10 years. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the rush when it hits your section. But because of the employees who are willing to help, it makes it much easier to handle. Just be sure you can stand and walk a lot.
Pros
50% off food before/after shift. 25% off food other times. Flexible Schedules
Cons
A lot of changes happen without warning.
Productive and very fun to work at.
Server (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 17, 2016
The managers were very understanding towards the employers. I had to tend to rude customers but that did not stop me from having a smile on my face. I have learned how to convey customers to buy certain items on the menu. The best part of my job working as a server was meeting new people everyday and getting to learn new dishes. The hardest part was keeping up the alcoholic beverages.
Fast and fun workplace at Red Lobster.
Server (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 7, 2016
A typical day at work is to expect a lot of business. Since I work dinner shifts, I am required to work at a fast pace and make sure I get every guests' order correct as well as providing a great dining experience for each individual. I get along great with the co-workers and management and that is one thing that makes work enjoyable. Being able to establish friendship throughout the work place makes for an easier and faster day. The hardest part of the job I would say is the low hourly pay considering that guests' are not required to tip. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it teaches you how to improve people skills and communication skills which is something that I definitely improved on while working within this company.
Pros
meet all types of people
Cons
no breaks, hourly pay
I learned that the customer is always right
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INFebruary 28, 2016
I learned seating arrangements and how to perform take out orders.My typical day was to be their promptly at your scheduled time ready to clock in and make sure restrooms were clean and in order When customers were to arrive seat them accordingly to the servers areas of which they were appointed by the General manager,Managers were very helpful and respectful and professional at all times. Co workers always would be as a team we helped each other out when needed be. The hardest part of the job was not making enough money. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public.
Pros
discount meals
Cons
Shifts were to short
A day at work
Training Host/ Sever (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 7, 2016
Typical day at work. Making sure mu guest are happy first. The very second thing to do for me is making sure all of the items I would need to use for the day was stocked to my liking, so my day at work would run smooth. I can't say there was a hard part concerning the job. If anything was hard is making sure your guest are very well pleased with your service you have provide for them.
Red Lobster Review
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 25, 2016
When I was working at Red Lobster I learned more than working a consistent job. Every day that I worked I was around many different people, including servers, managers, and other hosts. Hosting at Red Lobster I greeted a variety of people from different backgrounds and it was a pleasure to learn how to talk to these different people. Being a part of the crew at Red Lobster was not only a learning experience, but it was enjoyable to make life-long friendships and become more of a family than just co-workers. I enjoy being around people to begin with, but it was nice to work with many different people on a daily basis. I absolutely loved my job. The only reason for leaving was because I moved to North Carolina.
Great people good job
Mentor Ohio (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OH 44060March 20, 2016
The day starts off and you are immediately into work mode trying to make sure everything is done properly and effectively. It is an overall wonderful experience and there is lots of room to advance. I have learned to perfect my dish washing skills and also i became a baker as well as a line cook. I performed almost all of the line cook positions besides grill master.
Pros
good people
Cons
fast pace, customer satisfaction and customer appreciation.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 7, 2016
Very fast paced environment. Working in closed space with fellow crew members cooking and assembling food to be served. Team work is vital and some of management could work on treating employees more fair and show more appreciation for the hard work and team work put into red lobster.
Pros
weekly pay, flexable hours.
Cons
slow seasons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.