Red Lobster

Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Found 1,873 reviews matching the search
Extreamly energetic and fun
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 11, 2016
Their was never a day where I didn't feel at home and happy with my co workers and my managers. this job does have its own stresses but when you have a great team their is nothing that can not be over come. This job has been one of my all time favorite jobs I have had.
Productive place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDFebruary 10, 2016
-A typical day at work was hectic but very enjoyable due to the fact that I enjoy meeting new people.
-I learned how to have patience by dealing with so many different attitudes.
-My co-workers were helpful and encouraging.
-The hardest part of my job was dealing with different attitudes.
Serving
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHFebruary 9, 2016
Serving wasn't for me, I did this to help while in school to support my 2 young children. It was ok money but I didn't like the job demands.
Fun and Fast Pace
Take Out Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Red Lobster is a wonderful place to work for. As a full-time job it manages to fulfill all financial responsibilities. Although if you have another job on the side this may not be the best side job, due to the fact there is no set out time when you work, other than that the place is a good place.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No Out Time
red
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAFebruary 8, 2016
if you work as a team and be a team player it helps the restaurant life go much smoother than trying to run the whole restaurant alone
It WAS a great place to work.
LINE COOK/ALL AROUND KITCHEN (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day of work in the kitchen is a fast paced mess of screaming to be heard and lots of laughs between employees. In short, it is noisy.
I have learned a lot of skills from being a leader, to having tolerance for people who have no filter or work ethic.
Management at Red Lobster in Ashtabula is horrendous. The managers of previous years were goal oriented and charismatic, the newest managers are close minded, and focus more on the clock rather than the guests.
My co-workers were all fabulous, except the ones that would walk out.
The hardest part of the job wasn't skill related, it was keeping obedient, not talking back when being harassed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to go to the table of a guest and ask them how their food was. Usually I'd receive many compliments, and it warmed my heart when I prepared food for anniversaries and birthdays.
Pros
Great employess to work with, easy to learn and adapt.
Cons
Management.
A typical day at work
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2016
A typical day at Red Lobsters was always in a busy setting. The customers were normally friendly and made working there worth it at times.
Serving the public
Waitress/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 5, 2016
I enjoy people and being apart of a team, Every day is different but then again It was serving the public. I liked the people I worked with, I think the hardest part was trying to please everyone no matter what.
Best place I've ever worked
Server (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 5, 2016
Keep it short and sweet

Best place I've ever worked, Be glad to make a career if i could've( moved). Management is the best, work with you on everything. Nothing negative to say. Every place has their bad days, but this one excels in good ones. Truly a family and i was honored to be apart of it. #LonglivetheBeard
Pros
Great food, Better staff, Gorgeous Beard
Good Learning Experience
BEVERAGE & HOSPITALITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 4, 2016
I really liked what I did and the crew I worked with but there were some managerial issues I did not care for when it came to disciplinary measures along with weekly scheduling requests and expectations longer shifts on a consistent basis.
Pros
Benefits, Staff, Food, Sanitation
Cons
Unfavorable equality treatment amonst managerial staff
Not very organized
Server (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Coming into Red Lobster it feels very unorganized and very unprepared for each day to begin. Nothing is stocked, or ready for the guests when it is needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is the money that I make and get to take home after each shift. The management has switched so much since I've been there that things keep changing around the restaurant.
Pros
When I train new servers, they pay for my lunch/dinner.
Cons
Very unorganized and hiring bad servers
love red lobster
Hostess (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 3, 2016
I love the management at Red Lobster and my co workers. They always make me want to go to work. They always make it fun. I enjoy making the guests happy when they come in to dine and making sure there welcomed back as they leave. I am the first and last person they interact with
Pros
co workers
Cons
no breaks
Fast past job with opportunities to advance
Server (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAFebruary 2, 2016
This was my first job at a full service restaurant. I started as a busser and worked hard and was promoted to a server in about 10 months. It is pretty simple to get or give away shifts which is great for someone with a second job or someone in college. Great team environment and the managers/ supervisors are always willing to listen and help you.
Pros
Sometimes free meals, swapping shifts is fairly easy
Cons
almost no breaks, expect to work all weekend and nights
Not for everyone
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Having to deal with the kind of people that don't know how to tip and are incredibly rude all day long is the life for some, not for others. None of our customers were aware that restaurants only pay waiters around 2 dollars an hour, most of them think we make 10, so when it comes time to leave a tip at the end of the meal, they aren't thinking, "oh this is how waiter's survive, and pay bills, and eat", no, they're thinking more like, "oh no, dinner was a little more expensive than I thought, I'll just take it out of the tip, waiters get paid enough anyway." It's very frustrating to not be able to pay your bills after being run like a dog month after month. And the company only expects you to keep a good image for them, but when it comes time to take care of the waiters, where is everybody at? The only time you make really any money at all is when your so busy nobody can think straight, and that's when all the mistakes are made, it takes a good team to be able to operate efficiently in this business.
Pros
half off meals 30 minutes before or after shift.
Cons
no breaks (as a server)
Red Lobster
Server (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYFebruary 1, 2016
I loved waitressing at Red Lobster. I always had fun with my Employees on a shift and the Management was even better. The customers were always very friendly and made the job feel easy.
It was a great work envirorment.
Server (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 31, 2016
Management and all co workers were great to work with. When it was at its busiest the whole team helped out and truly worked as a team.
A high school job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2016
I was in High School while I worked here. It was just an income and an ability to gain some work experience to bring forward to my next position.
fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 30, 2016
A typical day was exciting and knowledgeable. I loved coming in the morning to have the rest of my afternoon. I liked working some weekends because we had a lot of regulars coming in.
Productive workplace
Fryer, Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 30, 2016
I go to work and cook food for guests. I also have dealt with customers and issues that they have had. I learned many things along the lines of cooking to human interaction and problem solving. Management is great and they are helpful in providing a good workplace. My co-workers are very supportive and great people to work with. The hardest part of my job would be having to maintain my composure and satisfy all the needs of my customers quickly and with precision. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be having fun with my co-workers while completing tasks.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Random scheduling
Calm, collected, great service
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 29, 2016
seating guest was easy till rush hour but it was still manageable with all the tasks i was given. The breaks were a good amount of time especially with working doubles.
Pros
free dinner, paid every week