Red Lobster
1,526 reviews

Red Lobster United States Employee Reviews

Exciting fast pace environment with friendly coworkers
Server-Host (Current Employee), North Haven, CTMay 1, 2015
Pros: Good pay for what you're doing, fun environment, growth within the company fast if you work hard
Cons: Not many hours available during the slower months
Working at Red Lobster was overall an enjoyable experience. Everyone is pretty easy going as long as you are responsible, and know how to properly execute your job. People that work at Red Lobster have great communication skills (along with any other job in customer service or hospitalities) and everyone pretty much stays focused on the goal of making the most profit for there hours worked. Your pay is based on how hard YOU work so you can leave work with $75 or $250 depending on your effort. Management is clear with their expectations, and they are very reasonable people. Would recommend this job to someone looking to make extra money on the side.
I was thrilled to work at Red Lobster after spending years at Cracker Barrel
Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 1, 2015
Pros: fun work environment, able to work with a talented staff and general manager
Cons: able to move to Rhodes college where I had a great deal of responsibility
Fast pace and high energy position.My job entailed being responsible for the front of the house staff , hiring, training and scheduling.
IT WAS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Decatur, ALMay 1, 2015
Pros: FREE LUNCH ON FRIDAYS
COMING IN SEEING ALL THE SMILING FACES READY TO WORK READY TO HELP OUT READY TO GET OUR DAYS STARTED AND OVER WITH EVERYONE WAS A TEAM PLAYER THE HARDEST PART WAS RUNNING OUT OF PARTS TO COMPLETE A JOB
Provides a work environment where employees enjoy their job and respect company standards.
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
I enjoy managing and building relationships with my employees that will allow employees to enjoy their jobs and give them the tools to advance through ongoing development. Retention of employees is something I take a lot of pride in. One thing I've learned throughout my years of management is you're only as good as your weakest employee and if you continue to turn over employees, you will have a constant uphill climb to achieve success. I have also learned that having structure is actually something that great employees are yearning for. My style of management is a great balance of a positive work environment where people enjoy their jobs and structure and guidelines are followed.
great co workers..ok tips
server (Former Employee), Lynchburg,vaApril 30, 2015
Pros: half off food
Cons: eat a bite of anything and youre fired!!! eventhough they throw it away.
I learned that there are nice people and very rude, unconsiderate people, no matter how good you wait on them.
My co workers were great, loved all them, except for a few snooty ones. The hardest part was trying to get a break and waiting on to many tables at once.
Most of the managers were nice, but there was one man that was a mean and made all the girls cry, because he always thought he was better than them.
Best Job I've Ever Had
Bartender (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJApril 30, 2015
Pros: Pay, Team
Cons: Long Hours with sometimes no breaks
The management team at my particular Red Lobster were some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of working for. They are understanding, fun, and more than competent in their managerial abilities. The co-workers are also a fantastic part of what makes Red Lobster special. The pay is great, depending obviously on the location and client base which you are serving, and the benefits are fine.
stressful job but potential to make good money
Server (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 30, 2015
Just like any other server job. Potential to make good money, but at this location the shifts are pretty short, and they expect servers to do a LOT. Lots of sidework, running food, and stocking in between taking care of guests when they constantly double and triple seat you. But then again, serving jobs in themselves are stressful and their is potential money to be made if you can handle the fast pace without getting overwhelmed.
Decent job for quick money
Server (Current Employee), Florence, SCApril 29, 2015
Your job really depends on where you work. It is much like any other mid-level restaurant. If you work in a nice area you will make good money.
Fun and lucrative environment. Definitely fast-paced
Waitress (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: No healthcare and a small hourly salary
A typical day at work included servicing guests food and drink. I learned time management, flexibility and hospitality. I really didn't have much interaction with management because you're pretty much on your own during your shift. I loved my co-workers!!! There was a mix of fun personalities. I never saw a difficult part of this job, everyday was a blast.
Fun and laid back environment
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee), Merrillville, INApril 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling and coworkers
Cons: Non consistent compensation, late hours
A typical day at work can vary from extremely slow to insanely busy. Teamwork is highly recommended and is practiced daily. Hospitality is the main focus as well as excellent customer service. I love this company as they treat you fair and and very accommodating. They work around school and other work schedules and give time off if needed. The hardest part would be to be busy for 6-7 hours and be on your feet the whole time. The most enjoyable is my co-workers, as they are all a great team players and easy to work with. The management staff is consistent and help when needed. I have learned how to deal with the public and give the utmost customer satisfaction .
Typical Food Service Establishment
Server (Former Employee), Muncie, INApril 28, 2015
The facility I worked at has now closed. Management was supportive and compensation is based on how hard the employee works.
Job was easy to learn and fun
Server / Bartender (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 27, 2015
good job to work if you need a flexable work hours, tips are good and menu is very easy to learn. I started as an Sa and moved up to server 3 months later then moved up to bartender shortly after that
Fun environment
Expo (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COApril 27, 2015
With pizza hut being my first job throughout high school i enjoyed working there. The management was amazing and allowed me to not only be an employee but actually want to come to work. Great work environment as well.
Productive, teamwork driven restaurant
Food Assembler/ Server (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no early morning hours
Part of the original opening team members. Shift starts with a "lobster talk" informing servers of inventory and specials. I have learned to have great patience and to exemplify great teamwork , and keep an up beat attitude with coworkers. Hardest part of the my work day is not being able to be at every position. The most enjoyable part of the my work day is making guests have a wonderful dining experience and bringing laughter and prompt service.
HATED WORKING HERE
Hostess (Current Employee), McDonough, GAApril 27, 2015
Pros: GET PAID WEEKLY
Cons: EVERYTHING
They cut people while they are on a wait just so the managers can get bonus checks for labor. that's a shame they don't make good management decisions and this particular McDonough location absolutely SUCKS AD YOU DO NOT GET HOURS
great place to work fun and energetic people
Waitress (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: little to no break
Red Lobster is a great place to work. Its very fast past and the people and customers are very energetic and fun! The food and customers where very fun and I enjoyed just about everyday of work!!!
Baltimore Md. redlobster is #1
Ally Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 26, 2015
Pros: great emplye discounts on meals on or off the clock.
loved this location and the management team was top notch. It felt like family. great trainers in each department. loved working for this restaurant.
A terrible job
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 25, 2015
You would not want to work here, the customers are rude, the staff is unorganized. No one knows how to do anything! I was there for 3 years no room for advancement.
It was a great company to work for
Server (Former Employee), Sherman, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, the Guests, and the pay
Cons: Not being able to take a break sometimes.
I truly did enjoy working for the company, the hours were manageable, and the tips were great. It was hard sometimes though, working 12-14 hour days without being able to take a break.
Team work is a big thing with the company, and I loved that, it's nice to have somebody working with you. And the whole main goal of each shift was Hospitality, making sure the Guest left happy.
Not many companies seem to think like that anymore, so I can appreciate that.
Red Lobster Review
Hostess (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 24, 2015
If I was the opener host I has side work that I needed to get done before we opened. And if I was the closing host I had side work to do before I could leave. I learned that if you push yourself you can reach your goals. For the most part management was fair. I got along well with all my co-workers. I was always respectful and courteous. The hardest part of my job is when there is a waiting list. Sometimes guests get upset that they need to wait. For example sometimes a guest will see a area open but I have a limited amount of servers therefore a limited amount of seating spots that I can go to. But I have always kept my cool and been respectful. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the guest leaves and tells me that they were satisfied and will be back.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more

Red Lobster Salaries