Red Lobster Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,089 reviews matching the search
Great employees, very entitled regulars, management very tough on employees
Work as a Server, Host, Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  NanuetApril 4, 2016
Checking in at work management checks if uniform is up to par, anything that does not belong with the uniform can be forced to go home. Management is very tough on staff members and expects everyone to do way beyond what is expected. Comp on meals is one of the worst things you do if you are a server here. They are extremely strict and there is constantly on going change to work environment whether it be more rules employees are expected to follow or how we are expected to do a certain job. Coworkers are friendly and very helping, although some fall to low standards and do whatever is necessary for job advancement opportunities which many affect the employees around them. Most enjoyable part is the gratitude you feel when you are available to leave a lasting impression on a guest or employee.
Pros
Respect your day off request. Very team orientated. Very professional management
Cons
Management very tough and rigid sometimes extremely unfair.
A great place to work while going to school
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 3, 2015
The management here is awesome and they create a fun environment to work in. This place is a great place to work while going to school because you can attend class and work at the same time. You are able to pick up shifts if you are low on funds, but can only work 40 hours per week. The coworkers are generally young 16-25 but workplace friendships can easily be made. The hardest part of the job is multitasking and trying to up sell items (which management fully expects a certain amount in sales everyday). The most enjoyable part is connecting with guests and working with the crew.
Pros
Discounted meals while working, flexible schedule.
Cons
No benefits, no raises, little room to move up, work weekends, nights, holidays, no overtime.
A Good work environment with okay employees
Server (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDDecember 23, 2015
Days at work go by pretty fast here. Your always on the move and there is always something to do. Very fast paced work environment. I haven't learned anything I didn't already know except the menu. Management is the way it should be. No personal relationships between employee and manager. The managers are pretty reasonable when it comes to the needs of employees and work conditions. The co-workers are all very different. Some are respectful and others are not. To Me there is no hardest part of the job, I work and don't find any need to complain. The most enjoyable part of the job is the new faces i see everyday. The connections you make with some of the people is something i wouldn't trade for.
Pros
Everyday money and the people you meet
Cons
Immaturity of peers in work place, bad place if looking for promotion
Not a good place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHDecember 15, 2015
Not only is the job extremely stressful. Staff is consistently overworked. There is little to no help from management. There is no reward and only punishment. Employees are forced to work all holidays with total disregard to their lives and families. Job security is a constant threat and there is hardly any room for advancement, unless you want to go into management, which requires 50 hour work weeks. No vacation time and health insurance that is not reasonable. No breaks regardless of shift length.The money is about the only good thing about this job.
Pros
Money everyday, discount meals
Cons
No breaks, unreasonable healthcare, no vacation, managerial abuse
Best place I've ever worked
Server (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 5, 2016
Keep it short and sweet

Best place I've ever worked, Be glad to make a career if i could've( moved). Management is the best, work with you on everything. Nothing negative to say. Every place has their bad days, but this one excels in good ones. Truly a family and i was honored to be apart of it. #LonglivetheBeard
Pros
Great food, Better staff, Gorgeous Beard
server
Senior waitress and certified trainer (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMarch 19, 2016
This is a wonderful company to work for. The benefits are wonderful. They are quick to teach you skills needed to move up in to management. They are very busy and well known so you will make money.
Pros
great benefits
Poor Training Program
Server (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 24, 2015
There is a very steep learning curve there as training is poor, cheap and very short. The money is worthwhile and very attainable, but only if you have previous waiting experience. You will be expected to do things to maintain the restaurant and environment and will be asked to prioritize team work.

Pace can be very fast or very slow. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, both guests and coworkers.

Management is varied, between micromanaging, blunt, or fun and engaging personalities.

If you want to enjoy the entire length of breaks, leave the restaurant or you will be pressed into coming on before scheduled, on almost a daily basis.
Pros
Money, pace, people
Cons
Management will make haughty remarks, no benefits
It WAS a great place to work.
LINE COOK/ALL AROUND KITCHEN (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day of work in the kitchen is a fast paced mess of screaming to be heard and lots of laughs between employees. In short, it is noisy.
I have learned a lot of skills from being a leader, to having tolerance for people who have no filter or work ethic.
Management at Red Lobster in Ashtabula is horrendous. The managers of previous years were goal oriented and charismatic, the newest managers are close minded, and focus more on the clock rather than the guests.
My co-workers were all fabulous, except the ones that would walk out.
The hardest part of the job wasn't skill related, it was keeping obedient, not talking back when being harassed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to go to the table of a guest and ask them how their food was. Usually I'd receive many compliments, and it warmed my heart when I prepared food for anniversaries and birthdays.
Pros
Great employess to work with, easy to learn and adapt.
Cons
Management.
Friendly work place with raises avaiable. Would still go back today
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHAugust 27, 2015
I loved working here. Co-workers were all very helpful and friendly. It was easy and flexible to work your life around your work schedule. I was only part time, so I did not get benefits. Raises are available if you perform well, and get a good rating on your review. Management is usually awesome. Occasionally, you get a manager who is hard to deal with, but most of them are very understanding and helpful. For me, it was a part-time job while in school, but I would still work there if needed.
Pros
shifts not long. raises avaiable. awesome staff
Cons
not many break. Hours not definitive
Great Work Experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2016
Learned Multiple Restaurant Skills Through Everyday Tasks
co-workers were respectful and helpful
Management Very Nice And Flexible Towards Scheduling
Pros
discounted food
Work at Red Lobster was great
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILApril 6, 2016
A typical day at Red Lobster we would walk in and get a lobster talk which would be a talk about what we need to sell for that day. What I have learned from working with Red Lobster is how to confront people and become more sociable. The management and co workers were okay but not the best it could have been by far. The hardest park of my job would have to be dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is having fun while working and being social.
hated the new management
Prep specialist (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVJanuary 20, 2016
management sucked. They changed my schedule without me knowing and fired me. They hired me for one shift and then changed it on me knowing I couldn't make it to that shift then they had me work a day I never worked and I didn't show so they fired me.
Productive workplace
Fryer, Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 30, 2016
I go to work and cook food for guests. I also have dealt with customers and issues that they have had. I learned many things along the lines of cooking to human interaction and problem solving. Management is great and they are helpful in providing a good workplace. My co-workers are very supportive and great people to work with. The hardest part of my job would be having to maintain my composure and satisfy all the needs of my customers quickly and with precision. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be having fun with my co-workers while completing tasks.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Random scheduling
Red Lobster in Maumee,OH VS Chicago, IL
Server and Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2015
Working with the Red Lobster company was one of my best decisions, so when i made the choice to relocate it was no doubt in my mind that I wanted to transfer within the company.
Back in Maumee,Ohio I had a great staff who proved that teamwork is the dream work and a management staff that always made sure that, not only the guest were satisfied but the employees were too. I was hoping to see the same thing when I transferred to Chicago, but I was sadly mistaken.
Upon my arrival at this new location I felt that the over all ambiance was not at all what I experienced back home. It was not long before I realized I was among a staff that did not understand customer service or teamwork so I made the decision that my career as a Red Lobster server was over.
Red Lobster
Server (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoyed my job at Red Lobster and made many new friends. I had a full-time schedule, which included opening and closing shifts. My management team did a good job with guest relations and I learned new things about seafood on a regular basis. The most difficult part of my job was when a Guest was not completely happy with their dining experience. I always want to make sure they were going to return to our location. The part of my job that I loved the most was meeting new and exciting people everyday.
Pros
50% off of our meals while working
Cons
Endless Shrimp
Typical Restraunt Work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 16, 2015
Job Work/Life Balance - I was a cook (back of the house). Enjoy working 6 days a week and somehow only getting 36 hours.

Compensation/Benefits - Benefits are complete garbage. You work all major holidays except Christmas (I think). Pay is horrible. You'll be lucky to make more than a McDonald's employee and work 4x as hard.

Job Security/Advancement - It's a revolving door of employees. There are always unfortunate souls that ended up making this pit stop job a career.

Management - Usually an alcoholic Poli Sci major.

Job Culture - If you get a good store, you're going to at least get to meet some females. I hope you like drinking every night and dealing with drugged up dish washers.
Pros
Can be tons of fun, females, better than customer support
Cons
Precursor to alcoholism, bad pay and no benefits, working holidays
Loved working here
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILJanuary 17, 2016
Management was amazing. Coworkers were always willing to help each other out. Benefits were pretty good. Perfect place for asecond job or someone going to school.
Pros
loved my coworkers
Cons
unsteady shifts
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 31, 2015
I would go in and perform the pre opening duties which were to take out trash clean restrooms and get ice of salad bar. I learned that in every business the bottom line is customer satisfaction along with profitability. Management were just a group of people who got the job because of the longevity they had with the company. When a question would arise, management would constantly direct you to someone else when they just didn't feel like answering the questions. Then that manager would pass you on to the next one and so on. The hardest part of the day would be to watch people steadily pass me over for a cook position that I should have been next in line for. I was promised the position about 5 times and each time the position would become available I would be passed over by new employee with no experience. I loved going to work everyday and my first week I worked 72 hours. All the employee's were good and fun co-workers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Lazy management
red lobster review
Alley Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at work was easy at Red Lobster doing my job. Unfortunately if we were short someone in another position in the back of the house I would have to cover for them. I communicated front of house to back of house and vice versa. What I learned here is that companies in food will make false promises to obtain you as an employee (I was told if I worked back of house for 3 months I would become a server, I worked back of house for 6 months and management never once considered me for serving). Management is horrible, excluding only one of the managers, the other 3 have trouble listening to what the employees have to say. My co-workers were lazy and complained very often. The hardest part of the job was dealing with my coworkers and management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the hard working employees.
Productive and fun place at a restaurant
Cook (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NYJune 21, 2016
A typical day at Red Lobster consists of preparing and serving food. Working at Red Lobster has taught me to respect team members as well as managers. Also, it has greatly helped me to overcome stress related conflicts throughout restaurant.The management helped mentor me in learning the different aspects of working in a restaurant. My coworkers have worked together as a team, and have greatly impacted my work performance in a positive way. One of the most difficult aspects of the job is the fast passed environment. It is a very big stressor for my coworkers and I, but together we are able to support each other, remain optimistic, and make the best of these tough situations.
Pros
half off food, clean working atmosphere ad friendly working environment
Cons
Lack of hours and no place for advancement.