Red Lobster
1,302 reviews

Red Lobster Employer Reviews

Fun environment
Server, Seafood Expert (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VADecember 17, 2014
I loved working there but serving just wasn't cut out for me. The teamwork was amazing, the managers were very interactive with the guest and with the employees.
Great work environment
LEAD SERVER / TRAINER (Former Employee), Denton, TXDecember 16, 2014
Great work environment with awesome management team.
Faced paced job allows for easy, quick pay.
Management flexible with scheduling.
Productive and fun work place.
Server (Current Employee), Chillicothe, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: weekend job
Cons: healthcare, vacation
Greet guests with a friendly smile. Offer drinks and an appetizer and then take their order. I ring orders on the computer and send them to the kitchen. I make sure the food is delivered correctly and within a timely manner. I am responsible for up to $700 each shift. I learned a lot from my job and the people that I have crossed paths with. I think – more... the most important thing is that I learned how to deal with the public. The crew that I work with are the greatest people ever. We all get along really well for the most part. What I like most about my job is the people that I work with and I love interacting with the public. I get along really well with all my managers and they are great people to work with. – less
Fun and knowledgeable
Alley coordinator (Former Employee), Matteson, ILDecember 15, 2014
Gained a lot of kitchen knowledge working. The environment was friendly and fun. Co-workers were friendly and helpful and so was management.
Bad, just bad...
Server (Former Employee), Roswell, GADecember 14, 2014
Pros: most employees were nice, friendly, and sometimes helpful
Cons: no breaks, terrible management, bad bad bad clientele, benefits are not good, no chance of full-time work
Overstaffed, awful clientele, horribly managed, I'd be lucky to finish lunch shifts with $30. Dinner was ok, but not worth the stress that was caused by the mismanagement and consistently awful clientele base.
Good Company.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Cary, NCDecember 13, 2014
Pros: ability to move up.
Cons: i have nothing negative to say.
Red Lobster is a great company to work for. They provide a stable workplace with the ability to move up.
Fun place with discounts
Prep Cook/Cook (Former Employee), Canton,OHDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free food when working
Cons: no steady hours
Start the day by prepping food , then cook meals for patrons. The co-workers were great , a fun enviroment to work in .
work place
Server (Former Employee), Frisco, TXDecember 11, 2014
Good working environment and people typical day is work with customers and locate the computer to fill in orders
Service Assistant (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYDecember 11, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: service assistant hours, and a sometimes the pay can be a bit more than desired..
A typical day at work in my position consisted of stocking silverware, busing tables, and running food to tables and guests.
I have learned a lot since working here, mainly that a positive attitude with guests is a major plus. Management was great in the location I work in. I found it easy to fit in and mingle with the other co-workers, everyone is – more... nice and friendly. – less
Darden restaurants was probably the best company I ever worked for.
Food and Beverage/Server (Former Employee), Kissimmee flDecember 10, 2014
Pros: respectful, importance of values, customer satisfaction.
Cons: no cons
15 years with this company has gave me the values I have today. Great customer service was demanded, and those values have been with me with every job I have had since. Structure and rules to be followed along with great training of management team and great benefits and 401k.
Serving
Server (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIDecember 10, 2014
Working at Red Lobster was fun, although don't expect to come home with a lot of tips
My Co-workers are my family
Seafood Expert/Customer Relations (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: lack of health insurance because i dont work the average minimum for coverage
My manager is the most effective, nice, and genuinely professional individual. The hardest part of the job is getting past the fact that you truly can not please everyone; some guests are just hard nuts to crack. The pay isn't the best but I suspect it is solely due to the geographic location.
friendly atmosphere very challenging day to day
Dishwasher/ Utility (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLDecember 4, 2014
Pros: close nit family oriented establishment
Cons: small kitchen
everyday offered a different challenge , friendly atmosphere, family oriented
the job itself
Dishwasher/Trainer (Current Employee), Billings, MTDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good money, nice clean kitchen, friendly attentive staff
Cons: hours, keeping people around
We have a solid staff, our workload has been difficult as it has been stressful coming out of a busy summer into a relatively busy winter. We've been short handed for so long that I am required to do almost two shifts of work in one at least 2 out of my 4 or five shifts. Overall a great place to work for, it is difficult to get full time though.
Great place to get started
Server (Former Employee), Rockville, MDDecember 4, 2014
awesome co-workers, clients were also very welcoming.
was able to learn a lot with my co-workers
Great kitchen evironment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Langhorne,PADecember 4, 2014
As a kitchen leader, working with fellow team members was always the most enjoyable part of the day. Great Place to work.
Fast pace enviornment, great experience serving customers.
Server (Current Employee), El Paso, TexasDecember 3, 2014
For the time that I have been employed by Red Lobster, I have loved it. The job requires a fast pace work ethic, and at times can be stressful. But overall, I do enjoy working for this restaurant chain.
Great work evironment
Server (Former Employee), Delran, NJDecember 3, 2014
Simply put, the general work day is suspended with surprises and that makes a definite interesting work flow which makes you always happy to endure the day to day qualities.
POSITIVE ENVIRNMENT TO WORK
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2014
MY CO WORKERS ARE POSITIVE PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS THAT I DON'T GET ENOUGH HOURS THROUGH THE DAY.
Great Learning Experience
Alley Coordinator/Busser (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 2, 2014
Pros: decent money and good learning experience
Cons: management difficulties with proper scheduling
Alley Coordinator/Busser for large seafood chain restaurant. In charge of kitchen for out going dinner orders ensuring meals cooked correctly and presentable to guest. Also Busser helping servers clear tables and taking care of the needs of guests concerning food orders. Co-workers were Fantastic and very pleasant to be around. Hardest part was cleaning – more... the kitchen nightly and most enjoyable was working with such a great crew. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more