Red Lobster

1.8K reviews

Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Great cowokers
Culinary Professional (Current Employee), Montclair, CaAugust 28, 2015
Pros: 50% of food
Cons: hours are never fix, they send you home earlier or keep you longer than your set schedule.
I love my coworkers but I'm not so fond of management. There is a lot of favoritism that affects overall morale.
Back of the house training is very minimal. The new management system that will start in September will require boh crew to work harder and do more for the same amount of money.
It was fine
Hostess (Former Employee), McDonough, GAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: short beaks
I really liked working there. I was my first hosting job and they were really supportive. The managers and staff were really friendly
Fun, Fast pace
Server (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: None
Working fast and hard, long hours on feet, multi tasking, team work, a lot of memorization
Learned how to entertain and serve all different types of people
Co-workers were wonderful and helpful
Hardest part of job was carrying heavy trays
Most enjoyable part was making our guest experience special and memorable
It was okay
Hostess,sever (Former Employee), Decatur, GAAugust 27, 2015
Back then they did not have a lot going on back then, but they had advancement later on. Which I though was great over all it's was fun learning different things.
hostess (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 27, 2015
Pros: *
Cons: *
Red lobster is a very good learning job. you get to meet all different kinds of people with different personalities. I've been there for almost 3 years and I love the things I've learned and done. I have also met many friends and great co workers.
leadership skills-integrity-loyalty
Front of the House Manager (Former Employee), East Coast of FloridaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: customer service- hospitality
Cons: hours flexibility
work life balance
hospitality 100%
meetings
training classes
open and close stores
Friendly work place with raises avaiable. Would still go back today
Hostess (Former Employee), Saint Clairsville, OHAugust 27, 2015
Pros: shifts not long. raises avaiable. awesome staff
Cons: not many break. Hours not definitive
I loved working here. Co-workers were all very helpful and friendly. It was easy and flexible to work your life around your work schedule. I was only part time, so I did not get benefits. Raises are available if you perform well, and get a good rating on your review. Management is usually awesome. Occasionally, you get a manager who is hard to deal with, but most of them are very understanding and helpful. For me, it was a part-time job while in school, but I would still work there if needed.
Nice seafood restaurant
Server Restaurant) (Current Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 26, 2015
Good place to work. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Don't have much more to say. I love going to work. The management works with you and your schedule
Red lobster Summary
Server (Former Employee), Frisco, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: half off food
Cons: had to stay late a lot
A day at Red Lobster starts off with me getting assigned my section, then begging the day wit excellent service. I enjoy getting to know a little bit about each guest, then making sure to provide them with a fine dining experience. The fast paces work environment kept me on my toes and pushed me to work harder. The managers were there to make sure everything went smoothly, but for the most part I held my own. The only difficulty working there were the rushes we got during dinner and lunch time, but even still,nothing I couldn't manage.
fast paced enviroment
Server, Bartender, Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAAugust 25, 2015
It was and exciting place to work for. Fast paced, advancement opportunity's. Friendly employees. Friendly regular guest.
Hard work, high reward
Grill Master (Former Employee), State College, PAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Good experience, good people
Cons: Management is forced to not care about you as an employee
Red Lobster was a great company to work for to build my culinary knowledge, but the corporation as a whole is very stingy and tends to work their employees to the bone. The higher your position, the higher the stress levels. As one of the lead chefs, I was frequently expected to serve as many as 220 guests by myself on a regular basis and the stress levels were astronomical. I would recommend the place only if you intend to build your culinary skills and move on, not make a career out of the business.
a great college job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 24, 2015
very easy going work environment, only having to work a maximum of 6 hours at a time. it was alaways fun leaving work everynight with cash in hand, not having to wait to get paid at the end of the week.
HOSTING
Hostess (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 24, 2015
I THINK THINGS COULD BE BETTER WITH THE MANAGMENT TO COMMUNICATE MORE WITH THE STAFF. IT SHOULDNT BE A ONE WAY STREET. WHEN THE SOMEONE GIVES YOU THERE AVAILBILTIY IT SHOULD BE FOLLOWED IF NOT JUST LET THE PERSON GO.SO THEY WOULD NOT BE SITTING AROUND WAITING TO BE PUT ON THE SCHEDULE.
Fast pace, fun, and competivited work
Server (Current Employee), Piqua, OhioAugust 23, 2015
Love the work. The working staff along with the management are all great people! Taking care of all the customers that come in and making sure they are happy and highly satisfied is the most rewarding accomplishment about the job.
Always busy
Busser/Server,silverware roller (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 23, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: worked less than 15 hours a week
No breaks here unless you left the property. My co-workers were great but not so helpful,I got the feeling everyone was in their own world.Managers seem to be off in different directions,I loved talking to customers as they come from all walks of life and everyone has a story, you just have to be willing to take the time and listen.All in all a good place to work
A great work atmosphere.
Server (Former Employee), Matteson, ILAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with.
The most enjoyable part of my job was serving others to make sure that they were comfortable as possible and enjoying their meals.
An successful resturant chain
everything "back of house" (Former Employee), Kenwood, OHAugust 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: employee turn over rate
Friendly staff and management. Fun working environment with decent benefits. Can be stressful due to its employee turn over rate which results in you carrying others slack, with no compensation.
Red Lobster
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Sumter, SCAugust 20, 2015
Red Lobster was a great work experience. A typical work day at Red Lobster would be great. Management was great, and my co workers were great.
Phone banker 2/Banker coach (Former Employee), Salem, ORAugust 20, 2015
Pros: 50% off food after shifts
Cons: corporate
loved working for this company. Stayed for 5 years. Used to be darden but is now its own company. Provided good money, and some of the best friends ive ever had
love sea food is your place to be
Alley Coordinator (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 19, 2015
Pros: 20% off discount in a day your not working.
Cons: healthcare
it can be busy or slow day but can be steady. people in there can be pretty nice or just not talk to you. The management is great just needs to be more strict. I think hardest thing in there can be when all people in there don't cooperate to make the restaurant a better place.