Red Lobster
1,357 reviews

Red Lobster Employer Reviews

A lot of dead time and no structure
Server/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: not a high guest count/ and poor management
I did enjoy working at the restaurant but there are not that many incentive's for this job. Very low morale due to the change in management and still having no structure. The turnover rate is very high here for servers. The hardest thing in this restaurant is getting people to work together as a team because there is no leader. The job gets done but it could be so much better if we had a direct leader to look up too or take actual direction from when busy or not busy so we were trained when we are busy. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you have made your guest have a wonderful dining experience.
I was a server and a bartender. It got me through college.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Red Lobster. I met my husband here and made some friends. I made some money and got myself through college and graduate school with the job.

There are two sides to it: the management route and the hourly employee route. I was the latter of the two, seeing as management knew I was in school for something other than "restaurant management."

I wish my management team had considered me for advancement and hadn't written me off. I had approached them several times and was denied because "my life path was different." To me, I was studying in a field I wasn't sure would be fruitful so I was trying to open myself for different careers. To management, they weren't my first choice so I was not a choice at all.

Loved my managers though. They were (and still are) good people.
Great Company
Culinary Manager (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 23, 2015
Great company to work for with an awesome environment. A wonderful place to learn and grow both personally and professionally.
Good overall job. Great if the managers like you.
HOST/ALLEY COORDINATOR/BAKER/SERVER (Former Employee), miamiJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good managers, 50% off meals
Cons: managers who don't know what they're doing.
I loved working here for many reasons except for the fact that they would change management every couple months. Which meant everyone had to constantly try to keep up with the mess that previous managers left. I learned that if you put in your two weeks notice with the General Manager, and that same General Manager leaves your establishment without prior notification to you, (the employee), you will still be held accountable for relaying that message to another manager who was already previously notified by the General Manager.
The management
Server (Former Employee), suitland mdJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fifity percent off while on duty
Cons: lower percent discount when ofthe clock.
A typical day at work goes just fine until the manger comes in. I didi learn that everything has an order an time limit. the managers were rude an very impatient it was one that was nice an understanding.
Great place to work when in college!
Server (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 50% off food, promotions, salary, benefits and tips
Cons: n/a
Everyday I would go in excited to work. Everyone worked as a team. Management works around your school schedule.I learned great customer skills, organization and communication skills. When it gets busy it gets a little tough but with years of experience you can handle anything. Great atmosphere to work in!
Good
Restaurant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2015
The things that i like working there was the co-worker was good and nice. I learn that it do pay good to work hard. But the hardest thing was janitorial but it was ok by me doing that and dishwashing. Its make me to by multitask at what i do and i love it.
Fast paced and exciting work ernvironment
Host/Food prep specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Working at Red Lobster was one of the most fast paced jobs that I ever had the pleasure of working at. Management is very hands on and won't hesitate to jump on the line to make sure things run smoothly. My co-workers were very warm and supportive. All in all the food was great and I am glad to be able to have the experience.
OK job.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Management wasnt very respectful
hourly pay was horrible
co-workers were the best
hours were not great
fun work place, great managers
Waitress (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJanuary 21, 2015
enjoyable waitressing job great management, busy location. better to work an evening shift than lunch for better tips.
Loved where I worked
Server (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: enjoyable work environment, laid back feel in a fast pace environment
Cons: long hours, bad commute
Every morning, I would drive into work with a coworker, usually getting breakfast on the way in. Once at work I would tend to my duties, organizing customer information, and assisting with payroll. I learned the importance of enjoying the people you work with, and how it makes doing your job more enjoyable. My boss was a very good delegator, and kept everyone motivated. my co-workers I felt were very qualified, and it was a pleasure learning from them. Though the hardest part of the job, was leaving at the end of the summer.
Fast work place
Dishwasher and General Kitchen Cleaning (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: there are no lunch break.
Working whit food, Making salads, Washing dishes, Stocking foods. Setting up side dishes on food.
face paced, friendly customer service
Server/Host (Current Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short breaks if any
Provided customers with friendly and efficient service. Learned hot to be quick on my feet and efficient. Management is always team and goal oriented. Coworkers are always friendly and team oriented. there is no hard part to this job unless you make it hard. Most enjoyable part is when a customer is happy with my service.
Very enjoyable company to work for
Server/alley coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: angry customers
the co-workers and friendships made are the best part of working here.
Fast
Service Assistant (Former Employee), Suitland, MDJanuary 15, 2015
You have to be a quick leaner to take in all the info about the job
Excellent corporation with high standards and proven systems in place.
General Manager (Current Employee), IllinoisJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits, brand recognition
Cons: under new ownership and uncertain future.
Corporation is undergoing change due to spin off from Darden Corp.
Constant work
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: dont have to worry about buying lunch
Cons: benefits are now good
Its a job that you keep busy. You have to do things at a fast pace.
I enjoyed working here
Hostess/Server Assistant (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJanuary 15, 2015
I worked as an Administrative assistant at the Father Project. My day consisted of office and customer service like duties. My co-workers really motivated me to do the best i could during my internship there.
Productive and fun work place
Server (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals when on shift
Cons: not stable money
Red Lobster is a fantastic place to work, but only for part-time. While I enjoy the upbeat fast paced environment and getting to work with people it just isn't stable enough for a full time position.
Productive and easy going work place
Hostess (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Management was very strict, rules were very simple. Co workers were a great help at times. Hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers. During this job I mostly enjoyed making the guests satisfied.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more