1.7K reviews

Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Server,Trainer,Cashier,Greeter (Former Employee), Albany, GAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Discounts, Coworkers
Cons: Management
My whole work experience of working at Red Lobster was amazing for the first few months. After a while mostly all the managers got new job opportunities. So then we had 4 completely new managers. All of a sudden instead of working about 4-5 days, my schedule was cut down to maybe 1 or 2 days. I tried talking to the new manager about the situation but she says she could not do anything about it.
Productive and a fun enivorment
SERVER (Former Employee), Daytona beach, FlAugust 1, 2015
I would time in and start by making sure everything was full for that shift. Then I would greet customers, get their drink order, take their food order, make sure their needs were meet, bring them their food, check on them, bring them a ticket and take their money.
very fun place to work you will have a great time.
I always greeted everyone with a smile . (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: you do get to eat on breaks at a discount.
Cons: Of course you will get from time to time a unruly guest.
Everyday was an adventure, you meet so many people from a lot of places and walks of life. the patrons will keep you laughing.
Fast paced but somewhat enjoyable place to work
Waiter/Customer Service/Culinary Expert (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Fun team, worked with schedule, made good money
Cons: dealing with people all day, worked long hours with no break, had to work late
The red lobster i worked at had its ups and downs. Half of the time you were runing all over the place and then other you were slower then a snail. Being a server you made good money and they were extremly flexible with your school schedule. The people i worked with were mostly college students so you had fun people to talk to. overall a good starting place to work especially wile in school.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), RonkonkomaJuly 30, 2015
I have been working at this establishment for 8 years. I have learned everything I know about the food service industry from this place. Management are great people to work for. My co-workers are some of the best people I have ever met. The hardest part of the job is maintaining my hours for my health benefits and serving on national holidays such as the fourth of July.
Great Environment
Alley Coordinator (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Not enough hours
A typical day at this employment consists of, first after I clock in I clean up my workstation and get everything ready for a successful shift. From there on out i take care of my responsibilities. Once the product is sold to me I put the finishing touches on them. Whether that be sauces, condiments, or proper plate set-up. Before I go I clean up my area once again, this would be the final clean of the night. I wipe down everything. Also, I scrub the floors with the proper cleaning supplies provided and finish with mopping. At this job I learned that communication and teamwork is an essential key in business. The management is excellent and very professional overall. My co-workers were exceptionally hard working and make the experience very well. The hardest port of the job is dealing wit the "guests", or as most people would call them, "customers". If you live by the motto that "the customer is always right" you will have the right mindset to keep the business going and successful. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people that have the same goal as yourself.
cooking
Line Cook (Former Employee), unionJuly 29, 2015
they alright they could do better as a team . they also need to give breaks. they also have a ve bad ratting because they ae last minute and they are very not oraganize
Not worth the time
Assembler (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch, friendly workers
Cons: short breaks, bad management, the schedule
The people were great and motivating ( Co-workers on the same level)
Management was horrible, undecided
Learned how to cook more
Hardest part was making 40 hours
Very fast pace job.
Hostess/SA (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Close connection with employees
Cons: Management wasn't that friendly
It was a very fun and inviting workplace. The staff was like a big family. I enjoyed going to work every day. On weekends the restaurant was very busy.
Good work enviorment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great people, somewhat relaxed
Cons: Management, pay
The people they hire are usually really good with team work and learning new skills. Management was fair but at times didn't respect employee/wouldn't be fair or reasonable with consequences.
Overall, a good learning experience.
Server (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free Buscuits
Cons: n/a
While I was working as a server at Red Lobster, my primary duties consist of delivering the food to the tables and making sure the tables are clean after the customer is finish eating. What I've learn from Red Lobster is to always keep an focus eye for any situation and always stay on top of your duties. My management was not very consistent with his methods of working. Her would expect hard work form everyone plus extra, but him. There was no hard part about the job. If you can put your mind to it, it can be accomplish. The most enjoyable part about the job was getting to know all the different employees at the establishment.
productive company
Server, Host, Bartender (Former Employee), Humble, TXJuly 27, 2015
great company to work for you have to be a team player and have to keep busy to make your money even when the industry is slow you build you daily customers
Always changing the Menu kept things fresh.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Free manager meals
Cons: Not room to adavance
Enjoy working here but was told there would be more room for advancement. Employee's are good to work. Fast pace to work many different title's.
fun highspeed work place
Food Service Utility Worker (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 24, 2015
Pros: free drinks and bread, dental insurance, and discount on food
Cons: no breaks, and advancement
a typical day would be working fast pace 6 to 8 hours in dish area with little supervision. learned to operate and maintain dishwasher machine. the management and coworkers respectful and with good communication. the hardest part of the job is working 6 to 8 hours wit no breaks. the most enjoyable part of the job is the work environment.
Easy going workplace
Server (Current Employee), Akron, OhioJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Good money, quick shifts, little side work as server
Cons: Must work 3 shifts a weekend
Fun place to work, management is perfect ratio of men and women. A very professional type environment with a great team.
great place and company to work for .
Line Cook (Former Employee), tampa flaJuly 24, 2015
enjoyed all my co-workers and my job postion. very clean enviorment and fast paced.love everything i learned while working for this company , they taught me so much about how to prepare and portion and place food on the plater so they were appealing too customers.
A fast paced restaurant job with very supportive management.
Server, Host, Bartender (Former Employee), Kingston, NYJuly 24, 2015
Pros: 50% off food during breaks
Cons: Healthcare, pay
An ever-changing work environment with new promotions multiple times a year. Current managers are some of the greatest I have ever worked for, very supportive of the staff. Not a permanent job for myself, but the job has taught me many things including how to work in a fast paced environment.
Productive, fun and great environment to work in
Host/Server (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 23, 2015
Pros: 50% of meals
Fun workplace with supportive management .The team members are very friendly and it is a great place to develop your skills and grow .
rapid advancement for hard workers
Server/bartender/trainer (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 22, 2015
with this company i was able to move through the ranks to bartender and trainer extremely quickly. this was a major bonus for me.
Cook (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 22, 2015
Fried fresh seafood, made biscuits daily.
Made sure the correct food was on the line during shift.
Maintained a clean work area.