Red Lobster Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,963 reviews matching the search
great hours
Hospitality Specialist/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 4, 2016
great hours

great company

great job

great staff

honest

great pay

loving atmosphere

loving job

the staff are great and friendly to work with the hours are great the hours are perfect
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hours
a friendly and kind environment
ALLEY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCMay 4, 2016
I had love working with my coworkers, because they were friendly. The hardest part was trying learn production. I had enjoy being alley coordinator.
good place to make money
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAMay 3, 2016
I really enjoyed the time I spent at Red Lobster. They were very flexible working with my schedule going to school. The ability to relocate could be useful to somebody.
Great Place to work
Busser (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 3, 2016
On an average day I would come in and get my headset so they could tell me what tables needed cleaned. Most of the time we were busy so as soon as I got there I would get to cleaning tables and putting clean new stuff on the table after I cleaned it. Then I would take the silverware and plates back to the kitchen and put them together to be cleaned. After 4-5 hrs I would get cut as the business would slow down during the day.
Pros
fast. good money
Cons
not long hours
Culinary Grill Master
Culinary grill master (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 2, 2016
The years at Red Lobster has taught me to understand and apprieciate team work and dedication. The day job consists of the "CGM" setting up the line and maintaining the equipment. I also put forth effort to take the initiative when needed to ensure the job was done.
Pros
Evenings with family
Cons
I wasnt paid enough.
One of the best restaurants to work for
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 2, 2016
Compared to other casual dining restaurants they provide a good work/life balance. It is the service industry so you are busy when everyone else is having fun (Holidays, Weekends).
Red Lobster has a very good training program and prides itself on having high standards and providing clear direction from corporate level.
Pros
Training, Pay is above average
Good Restaurant
Server Professional (Former Employee) –  Stony Brook, NYMay 1, 2016
Good Company. Work was very up and down. Also the restaurant was very overstaffed in some areas. Was hard to make good money with that issue.
Adapting
Server (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNApril 29, 2016
I loved the fast paced work place and how things can change in a second. You have to be able to adapt with all the changes that can or could happen in a short time.
Part Time
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 29, 2016
Great place to work part time if you need some extra cash. Great people, great food, flexible with your schedule. The managers are understanding.
Very busy
Alley Coordinator/Production assistant (Former Employee) –  S Plainfield, NJApril 28, 2016
This restaurant is very busy as all restaurants are. But its a good place to work. There are a lot of hard workers. You wont be bored.
productive and fun
Back up/ Line (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOApril 28, 2016
really like prepping for for 1000 plus, as well as learning the line cooking. met a lot of great co-workers and management here, really liked it when I worked there 20 years ago.
Pros
great friendly people to work with
Cons
short breaks
Friendly and flexible, involving a lot of team work
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 28, 2016
This job is for people who thrive in a fast paced environment and are good at multi tasking. There are many opportunities to learn and advance in the company. Learning opportunities range from culinary skills, management, safety and health inspection, customer service, to retail. Red Lobster works as a team to give our guests the best dining experience possible.Working as a team around so many customers requires a lot of patience and social skills as well. Unfortunately, the work depends on how many customers go out to eat each day and it is not always easy to predict.
Pros
Flexible hours, Many learning opportunities, Teamwork
Cons
Salary is based on tips, uncertain hours
Very fast paced
Head Host (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAApril 26, 2016
At red lobster its a very fast pace. In my time at red lobster I got to work with many different and wonderful individuals. I enjoyed working for the company and growing with it.
A great place to eat
Hostess (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYApril 25, 2016
Red Lobster is a restaurant that cares about the customers and the workers. We greet everyone with a smile and hold the door for our customers.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
red lobster time is a fun time to be around people
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castleton, INApril 20, 2016
A typical day is busy with multiple bussers and hostess trying to seat people. Managers talking to guest and handling issues with food. Then some managers in the kitchen helping on the line or telling the servers what to expect for the night. It is loud and fast pace. Everyone is productive.
Great Company !!!!
Server and Host (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYApril 18, 2016
In my years of working for Red Lobster I have enjoyed working with and for the company to grow it. There are many good people who work here and they are awesome.
Happy up scale restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2016
Constant Customer Service Needed, Money Handling, Phone Calls, I learned just how to be comfortable talking to customers or handle situations when customers are upset.
Pros
Constant Communication with people
Cons
no paid vacation, no retirement, (No Benefits)
ok
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 16, 2016
Work 10 in the morning to 9 at night. Set up drink area and alley to open up. Greet guess,sever guess, buss tables, and dress food/run food to tables. I learn how to time management better. Management is fair and have me train others sometime. Co- workers are friendly and divers. The hardest part is being there all day when its very slow. The best part is making every guest leave happy.
Pros
%50 discount on food
Cons
Short breaks or long breaks.
Fun work environment
Host (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJApril 14, 2016
I definitely learned working at a restaurant can be a hand full, but is a great experience. I've build relationships with both coworkers and the customers. The employees and management make you feel like family.
fast paced
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAApril 12, 2016
I enjoyed bartending there! It was very busy had a very good staff and wonderful customers! It was very fast paced and I loved it
Pros
half off food
Cons
hard work