Red Lobster Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,032 reviews matching the search
Enjoy working in a teamwork, fast pace, customer oriented environment
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 21, 2016
Proficient in working in a fast-paced, fun-paced environment that is challenging and allows me to apply my personality and skills in a variety of ways. Effective and committed to making guests comfortable, day by day serving them with a great product, a smile, and heck, maybe even a joke or two. I enjoy taking pride in working in a teamwork environment and doing a good job. Ready to roll up my sleeves and be apart of a winning team.
Fine dining resturant
Server (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 12, 2016
A typical day at work can be calm or can be hectic depending on how many customers come in. The hours I get vary depending on business. I have learned great customer service skills and up-sell techniques while working for this company.The management is somewhat confusing because they're are so many people in charge.
The hardest part of the job is the paycheck inconsistency due to hours and how much people are willing to tip.The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the fine dining experience.
Pros
Reduced employee meals
Cons
Inconsistent pay
Easy and fun job
Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 31, 2016
If you like serving, Red Lobster is a great place to go. Lunch hours get pretty hectic because everyone needs to get back to their job. But tips are always good. Major events like prom, and graduation bring in a bigger crowd on top of the already big crowd. You have a close section so you will never have to run all over the restaurant for your tables unless you take someone else's table.
Pros
Coworkers really worked together, great tips, discount on food, easy job
Cons
sometimes double sat, rude customers sometimes, when the kitchen is hectic food is late and it can effect your tip, Be prepared to spend your Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Father's day at work because you cannot take off.
Good first time serving experience.
Server/ Bartender/Bartender Training (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLJune 1, 2016
I've worked at Red Lobster for over 4 years now and in that time I have learned a lot about the service industry. A typical day at work can vary from being extremely busy and exciting to dead and dull. In my particular community, the latter is more common than the former. That's probably the hardest part of the job is dealing with days where there's minimal business. Co-workers are easy to deal with as long as one remains professional. Sometimes they can even be the most enjoyable part of the job. Co-workers that are easy to work well with combined with a steady business flow and happy customers are definitely the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great teamwork based productivity
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO 80123May 26, 2016
In my experience working at red lobster the most enjoyable part of being there was the friendliness of the fellow wait staff and hosts.
It felt organized and efficient for the serving customers. I would mention that management felt like it wasn't always available or on page with one another it was difficult to have individual needs addressed as apposed to fitting in as just another link in the chain. All told it was a mediocre place to work.
Pros
Great place to make quality connections
Cons
Poor managment
Red Lobster
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 28, 2016
There were always ups and downs, but overall, my experience at Red Lobster has been a positive one. I've learned a bounty of different jobs and all of the staff have been very patient as everyone is constantly learning new things. I have made quite a few friends that I am glad to have met, as well as learned so many life skills from working here. The hardest part of the job is that it is simply stressful, as with all restaurant business. The best part is to be around people who are generally very pleasant to be around.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Very hardworking job
easy going atmosphere will employers caring for customers and employees
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 7, 2016
a typical day at work was fast paced but enjoyable. I learned many things like prepping food, the proper procedure for starting and closing the grill. manage and co workers were easy to get along with.the hardest part of the job was when it was short of help. the most enjoyable part was when u got praise from the taste and presentation of the prepared meals.
Pros
half priced meals
Cons
break room was small and usually crowded
Great environment to work in.
Earned management trust by serving as Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TX 75501June 22, 2016
I had worked for this company for almost 3 years. I started as a hostess. I learned the job fairly fast and gained the position of lead hostess in no time. I continued to work in the hostess position for over a year then management gave me the position of server. I worked as a server for the last year of my employment. the reason for leaving was the hours were not as high as I would have like so I moved to a new career.
Terrible Job
Certified Grill Master (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 27, 2016
At first this job i thought was going to take me further into my career, but i was so wrong. I thought i would be able to move up into management but was never given the chance. The raises every 6 months were a joke, 50 cents a year was an amazing raise at this place and that was extremely hard to come by since they never gave out the highest rating on there performance reviews. I had to pick up a 2nd job to make ends meet so they took me off the schedule which was very unprofessional.
Cons
Raises, Management
Fun workplace with great food.
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2016
The restaurant industry is a very fast paced environment, but very fun at times as well. Getting to meet new people from all over the US and other countries, which is very exciting to learn of new cultures. your co-workers is what made the job the most memorable. The hardest part of the job was you sometimes didn't get a break, which was kind of expected in that particular invironment. I learned that no matter the situation you had to have patience.
heart of house and front of house worker
server, cook, food prep, dish washer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 23, 2016
always come in ready to roll. you never know when you will get a rush or it would be a mellow day. either way its enjoyable as long as you have good co workers which i did. the management will help you as best they can but the pay just isnt enough to get by with unless you are a good server. the hardest part of the job is holidays when the lobby is packed with families ready for lunch and dinner. the most enjoyable part is talking about how hectic it was with your coworkers when its all over
Learning to beceome a manager
Service Professional and Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 19, 2016
I would get to work around 10:00 a.m. and I would make sure the restaurant is ready to serve guests when we open at 11:00. I would talk to guests, help the cooks in the back and more. I was training to become a manager and towards the end of my training, decided to go back to school and use get my degree so I can do something that I really love. The hardest part of the job was trying to please everyone from guests to coworkers. You have to make decisions that will benefit everyone the best you can. The most enjoyable part was learning every day that I went to work.
Unorganized and unprofessional
Takeout Host/Host (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 2, 2016
I didn't like working here at all. It may have been my first job and, although was nice at first, it wasn't pleasant in the end. The management was very biased, the general manager seemed to have an attitude that was not very professional. The work load that they put on their employees was as if they did not care for them. They would make them work unbelievable hours and expect them to work on an empty stomach for an entire work day, which is 12 hours. The managers deny help to new employees and expect them to know the new works. This environment is like Halloween, at first you're wearing a mask and then you take it off.
Pros
The employees treated each other like family
Cons
No breaks, long hours, and no respect from managers
super busy restaurant!
service assistant/ cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2016
the typical day at red lobster consists of smiling and making the guests feel welcome. My old co workers were college students in there 20's, and pretty fun to be around. The hardest part of that job would probably when the kitchen gets behind and the servers all ask for there food. Management was amazing and unlike no other! The most enjoyable part would most definitely be the food!
Pros
Half priced food
Cons
kitchens really hot
Fun and great environment to work in!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 15, 2016
My typical day included inputing the other team member into the computer system allowing for seating to work easily and efficiently in order to keep waiting customers happy. I learned a lot about team work and how everyone's actions could make or break another part of the restaurant. Management was understanding of the questions and concerns of the other employees and the co-workers were kind and make great friends and employees. There was no hardest part of the job, if we were stuck on something the management would help and teach us how to figure it out. It was a learning process that helped throughout my time at Red Lobster. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the environment with my co-workers and management.
Management is poor, staff does not care for the company, and customers all want free food.
Server (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 1, 2016
I felt so challenged against my personal work ethic in my short time at Red Lobster in Raleigh, NC. It was very evident that the management did NOT work as a team, nor cared to work with each other. The other members of the wait staff did not offer to help one another, and were outright rude to others. Overall, this was not a comfortable working environment for me.
Great Place to work
Busser (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 3, 2016
On an average day I would come in and get my headset so they could tell me what tables needed cleaned. Most of the time we were busy so as soon as I got there I would get to cleaning tables and putting clean new stuff on the table after I cleaned it. Then I would take the silverware and plates back to the kitchen and put them together to be cleaned. After 4-5 hrs I would get cut as the business would slow down during the day.
Pros
fast. good money
Cons
not long hours
Friendly and flexible, involving a lot of team work
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 28, 2016
This job is for people who thrive in a fast paced environment and are good at multi tasking. There are many opportunities to learn and advance in the company. Learning opportunities range from culinary skills, management, safety and health inspection, customer service, to retail. Red Lobster works as a team to give our guests the best dining experience possible.Working as a team around so many customers requires a lot of patience and social skills as well. Unfortunately, the work depends on how many customers go out to eat each day and it is not always easy to predict.
Pros
Flexible hours, Many learning opportunities, Teamwork
Cons
Salary is based on tips, uncertain hours
One of the best restaurants to work for
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 2, 2016
Compared to other casual dining restaurants they provide a good work/life balance. It is the service industry so you are busy when everyone else is having fun (Holidays, Weekends).
Red Lobster has a very good training program and prides itself on having high standards and providing clear direction from corporate level.
Pros
Training, Pay is above average
Cons
Productive and very fun to work at.
Server (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 17, 2016
The managers were very understanding towards the employers. I had to tend to rude customers but that did not stop me from having a smile on my face. I have learned how to convey customers to buy certain items on the menu. The best part of my job working as a server was meeting new people everyday and getting to learn new dishes. The hardest part was keeping up the alcoholic beverages.