Red Lobster
1,421 reviews

Red Lobster Employer Reviews

love my job
server (Current Employee), montgomery, alMarch 3, 2015
Love my job. Love the guest that comes in Red Lobster. My managers are wonderful and they work well with m schedule. I recommend anyone without a job to consider Red Lobster for employment.
The people you get to meet and work with will become some of your closes friends.
Server (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxMarch 3, 2015
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: may have long hours on holidays
A typical day at a Red Lobster starts slow but don't let your guard down because things will pick up. You'll also start to notice little things change about you mostly for the better, he managers are willing to help you succeed in and outside of the restaurant.
My very first management position
Beverage and Hospitality Manager (Former Employee), Matteson, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: experience, people and the fact there was something new everyday
Cons: general manager and the fatigue.
This was my very first position right out of college. A typical day here consisted of supervising the bar and hostess staff. I would make orders for the bar. I would also make sure that all the front of the house employees had the proper and functional equipment to complete their shift. What I learned in this position is that I do like restaurant management because you experience something new everyday. In this position, you really learn about people and customer satisfaction. The hardest part of my job was the general manager, he was the only one that would open the restaurant. He would not allow anyone to work mornings, only nights. The enjoyable part was the experience I got and the people I met.
Hard work but can make decent money.
Server (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 2, 2015
The location I worked out was in an area that was in decline. With this business went from great to not so great. The management sometimes expected a lot from their employees when the clientele was not looking to spend money.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 1, 2015
Busy restaurant with a lot of opportunity. You can make big bucks working here. Management really stays on top of things.
Learned How to come out of my shell more
Hostess (Former Employee), Lawton, OKMarch 1, 2015
Pros: structure, fun
Cons: managers were not right and fair
Greeted guest and im a shy person but this showed me im a very outgoing loving individual and i care for my guest. Some employees were some very mean and rude. Management was okay.
Daily Challenge With Your Weekly Curveball!
Host/Server (Current Employee), Munster, INMarch 1, 2015
You walk in and on the perfect work day, you are happily greeted by at least one of your managers and the expectations for the day/evening are laid out for you and what steps or suggestions that can be done to make it easier to achieve.
For the most part, nothing regarding how the operation is run prevents employees for being set up for success, although the curveball mentioned in the title is what I am eluding to.
It seems to depend on the employees or in some cases managers that are on that are contingent on the way the operation is run.
This I believe is unnacceptable because businesses are often compared to a well oiled machine; if each and every cog and component is not doing it's part everyday, the operation or the business rather will cease to function properly. For the employees that come to work, ready to work, it is simply unfair.
As for the handful or two of employees that do not come to work ready and willing, it can as I stated above have a clear impact on the rest of the employees.
The most difficult part of the job is this sheer fact, with the occasional rude customer that you have to learn how to relate to.
While rude customers can be expected at any business, it is up to the both the managers and the employees to work together to formulate strategies to move past this and instead focus on what will in fact what is lucrative to the company which is their business and loyalty.
With all of this said, at the end of the day in my individual opinion I can roll down my sleeves and state the old adage, "All in a days work".
Work hard, learn hard
Bartender (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2015
What I have learned is extensive communication skills and multitasking skills. I have learned how to deal with difficult people and how to work as a team.
Red Lobster Job
Waiter Staff (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: discount on food, fast paced, decent money
Cons: different people, lack of money sometimes, did not get along with everyone, hard to interact with some customers
I worked at Red Lobster for over 5 years as a busboy. It was a good job, but the tips sometimes were sometimes not enough and the taxes took out a lot of my paycheck. Sometimes I would show up to work only to be sent home because of the lack of customers. It was a good job and the people were different, but good to work for.
Loved the people and the atmosphere
HOSTESS/SERVER (Former Employee), Hampton, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Made decent money throughout the year, but when it was dead. Hardly a dollar was made. Some of the management were awesome people.
less than decent expericence
Server (Former Employee), mentor ohioFebruary 24, 2015
The server manager was very unprofessional. Most of the time I went in just to be sent home after 15 minutes of working, basically clocking in and setting up. Business was slow.
A good place to work for a college student
Host (Former Employee), Clermont, FLFebruary 24, 2015
They are real flexible with my school hours so its a place but I want to rise up in a company. But so far I have learned how to do things around a restaurant kitchen.
fun energetic place to work
Server (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks
Fun staff and management. Appreciate loyal employees who stay with the company. offers benefits after certain amount of time. Flexible schedules.
Red Lobster
Server (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VAFebruary 21, 2015
Red Lobster in Williamsburg is a good place to work at for a college student. Very friendly managers and staff. I hate the uniforms we have to wear. The slow season sucks.
not a fun place to work
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: food
Cons: complaints
Put on an apron and gloves to begin work then relieve the day shift managers are always keeping an eye on the kitchen and servers and allow people to mis-use the open door policy. The hardest part of the day was dealing with complaints by co-workers the best part was cheddar biscuits and shrimp pizza.
very fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 20, 2015
a typical day at work consisted of serving people, the managers were fun to be around, although we went through several different general managers
Great culture
Service Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: professional work environment
Cons: short breaks
Great working environment, fair management. Customer focused attitude. Special occasion restaurant. Smiles required. Great discount on meals.
Fun and friendly enviroment
Food Prep (Former Employee), Duluth, GaFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: i got a discount on food
Cons: it was hot in the kitchen
I cleaned and sanitized work area, equipment and utensils. I took and recorded temperature of food and food storage. I weighed and measure ingredients. It was a very fast paced environment. I made my quota for the day and was off by 2:00 pm during the week, by 4:30 pm on the week ends.
I started food preparation in October 1996- June 1998. I took time off to stay home with my children for the summer.
Kitchen Fun
Hostess/Prep Specialist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 17, 2015
Red lobster is a great place to work. The choas of a kitchen a never change. Im not even a seafood person, but it was worth it. the pay is pretty good. Poeple are greast.
Hard Not really worth the stress
Server and Certified Orientation Leader (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: meet new co workers
Cons: people dont tip, mangement isnt tight, company falling apart
You meet new people all over the world. the job shows you your strengths and weakness but use it as a stepping stone don't stay long. Find better

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more