Red Lobster
1,655 reviews

Red Lobster Employee Reviews

You WILL work
Server (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJuly 3, 2015
Pros: half price menu items before or immediately after your shift
Cons: black, long sleeve shirts; mediocre management
Until you get the hang of all of the corporate guidelines, rules, and requirements as well as how to effectively manage your time, you will be lost in a sea of black shirts and loud co-workers.
Long Days
Line Cook (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 2, 2015
Pros: 30+ hours per week
Cons: NO BENEFITS
A regular day at Red Lobster was hectic. Madness here there and yonder management was all about the company didn't care about you as a person.
Wonderful workplace
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee), Pittsburg, CAJune 30, 2015
Great staff and wonderful fun environment, staff is always kind and managers are always attentive to the needs of the employees. Hours are flexible and they are always willing to work with your schedule and life.
Fun to work, but very poor management
host (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: employees are fun to work with
Cons: management, poor break system
The place is run by managers who act as if they were still in high school. If you aren't friends with management you get less hours and treated unfairly. Nothing ever gets addressed when something goes wrong or is a major problem. Did I mention favoritism? Worst place to work by far.
Fun fast paced
Server/Waitress (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work consists of checking in with the manager and getting straight to the job. I've learned that keeping extra socializing with coworkers to a minimum will maximize guest experience because – more... the focus is mainly on them. I have respect for all of my managers and I get along well with my coworkers. The best part of the day is when we get busy and we all depend on each other to make the rush go by smoothly. – less
server
Waitress (Former Employee), Dearborn Heights, MIJune 30, 2015
Pros: Eating food on a discounted price
Cons: hours of working and customers
The place was okay... great team members and benefits. The hrs are okay as well.. i love seafood so it was a great place for me..
Humbling
Server (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: not full time
Very humbling place to work at. I gained knowledge not only about hospitality but also life. Networking non-stop with different human beings that come from all various walks of life.
Wonderful people to work with, disorderly management
Server (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaJune 29, 2015
Red Lobster use to be a Fortune 500 company to work for, but in the last decade it has declined into an only sub par restaurant to work for. However after splitting with Darden it has slowly began a mediocre turn-around for the better.
full service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJune 29, 2015
This is a full service resturant that provides good opportunities and experience, The management staff are very helpful to their staff.
Productive and Exciting Workplace
Server and Hostess (Current Employee), Columbia, MoJune 29, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Some management issues
A typical workday at Red Lobster includes working in a fast-paced environment and catering to each and every guests' needs. I learned strong people skills, hospitality skills, and the ability to sell items – more... to earn profit for the company. I have always got along with my fellow coworkers and management. The hardest part of the job is doing whatever it takes to please each guest and having to perform many tasks at once and do them all correctly – less
Relaxed workplace with changing business flow during different promotions and seasons.
Host/Server (Current Employee), Roswell, GaJune 29, 2015
Pros: Close manager and coworker relationships, shift flexibility, walk with cash daily
Cons: Holidays required
Diversity
Waitress (Current Employee), North Richland Hills, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: half price meals, and flexible work schedule
Cons: money inconsistent
I enjoyed meeting new people everyday.
Though it may have gotten hectic at times, the crew I worked with motivated each other all the time
Busy and Exciting
Waitress (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 26, 2015
I was a waitress so as you can imagin my day would go from 0-100 in a matter of minutes. It could be very slow in the late morning but get busy during lunch. I would help the kitchen prep food, run food, – more... stock work stations and always being up to date with what new items were being added to the menu and simply knowing what food bar drinks and deserts that we had at all times. The management was Great they would tell you what to do one minute and help you bus your tables and take orders if we got busy and you need to catch up. They to are a company who likes to promote from within. They support you in making you a better employee and help you become the best person that you can be. – less
Awesome!!!
Certified Professional,Trainer, Bartender, Server (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAJune 25, 2015
Best place I have worked at since the beginning. The hardest part of the job is actually having to have fun!!! the best part of the job is having a great crew to work with.
fun
Server (Current Employee), Conroe, TXJune 24, 2015
fun place to work. love the fact that i get half off food. customers are sometimes overwhelming. but overall it is a somewhat good place to work.
I enjoy working here!
Server, Bartender, Host (Current Employee), Altoona PaJune 24, 2015
Red lobster in Altoona has a wonderful moral for its employees. Everyone there is so willing to help each other and for the most part enjoys their job. I am very happy I have the opportunity to be a part – more... of this family!

The hardest part of my job is people that don't necessarily appreciate what you do for them. But I enjoy the challenge of making every guest laugh, even if they do not want to.

The most enjoyable part of my day is just being able to interact with people. I love being able to talk to people, listen to how there day was. And most importantly just make people laugh. – less
Part time job
Restaurant Attendant (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 23, 2015
Working as a busser was good to meet people and make some good money. Moving up in the company is hard. The people I worked with were good.
Extremely fast pace
Kitchen prep (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAJune 23, 2015
I prepared deserts and sides for the restaurant and completed inventory sheets and the end of the shifts and had a set time to completed food check list time a set time. Hardest part of this job is the unset scheduled. That dosnt work for parents with small children.
Fast paced and informative work environment
Line Cook and Alley Coordinator (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COJune 23, 2015
Pros: 50 percent off food and beverages while working, when not working you can take up to 8 people in and receive that discount on the whole ticket
The typical day includes getting work area stocked and usually starting tasks right away. Work place is on average very busy and there is lots to do all the time, which makes it the hardest part of the job because you feel you could always do more if you had the time. Managers are helpful, knowledgeable and very approachable. Co-workers are friendly, helpful and welcoming to all new employees.
Red Lobster
Waitress (Current Employee), Florence, SCJune 23, 2015
It was not that great working there. I enjoyed some of the individuals that I worked with and i enjoyed receiving tips everyday.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more

Red Lobster Salaries