Red Lobster
1,700 reviews

Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Very fast pace job.
Hostess/SA (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Close connection with employees
Cons: Management wasn't that friendly
It was a very fun and inviting workplace. The staff was like a big family. I enjoyed going to work every day. On weekends the restaurant was very busy.
Good work enviorment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great people, somewhat relaxed
Cons: Management, pay
The people they hire are usually really good with team work and learning new skills. Management was fair but at times didn't respect employee/wouldn't be fair or reasonable with consequences.
Overall, a good learning experience.
Server (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free Buscuits
Cons: n/a
While I was working as a server at Red Lobster, my primary duties consist of delivering the food to the tables and making sure the tables are clean after the customer is finish eating. What I've learn from Red Lobster is to always keep an focus eye for any situation and always stay on top of your duties. My management was not very consistent with his methods of working. Her would expect hard work form everyone plus extra, but him. There was no hard part about the job. If you can put your mind to it, it can be accomplish. The most enjoyable part about the job was getting to know all the different employees at the establishment.
productive company
Server, Host, Bartender (Former Employee), Humble, TXJuly 27, 2015
great company to work for you have to be a team player and have to keep busy to make your money even when the industry is slow you build you daily customers
Always changing the Menu kept things fresh.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Free manager meals
Cons: Not room to adavance
Enjoy working here but was told there would be more room for advancement. Employee's are good to work. Fast pace to work many different title's.
fun highspeed work place
Food Service Utility Worker (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 24, 2015
Pros: free drinks and bread, dental insurance, and discount on food
Cons: no breaks, and advancement
a typical day would be working fast pace 6 to 8 hours in dish area with little supervision. learned to operate and maintain dishwasher machine. the management and coworkers respectful and with good communication. the hardest part of the job is working 6 to 8 hours wit no breaks. the most enjoyable part of the job is the work environment.
Easy going workplace
Server (Current Employee), Akron, OhioJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Good money, quick shifts, little side work as server
Cons: Must work 3 shifts a weekend
Fun place to work, management is perfect ratio of men and women. A very professional type environment with a great team.
great place and company to work for .
Line Cook (Former Employee), tampa flaJuly 24, 2015
enjoyed all my co-workers and my job postion. very clean enviorment and fast paced.love everything i learned while working for this company , they taught me so much about how to prepare and portion and place food on the plater so they were appealing too customers.
Productive, fun and great environment to work in
Host/Server (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 23, 2015
Pros: 50% of meals
Fun workplace with supportive management .The team members are very friendly and it is a great place to develop your skills and grow .
rapid advancement for hard workers
Server/bartender/trainer (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 22, 2015
with this company i was able to move through the ranks to bartender and trainer extremely quickly. this was a major bonus for me.
Red Lobster
Cook (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 22, 2015
Fried fresh seafood, made biscuits daily.
Made sure the correct food was on the line during shift.
Maintained a clean work area.
Fun atmosphere and simple work
Server (Former Employee), Snellville, GAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: 50% off a meal when you work, 25% off for you and a party of up to 8 when you dine-in.
Cons: No discount if you order to-go.
Red Lobster Snellville was a great place to work. I learned so much about food sales, upselling, alcoholic beverages, customer service, and suggestive selling. As a server you are mainly responsible for your tables in your section and a single side work, that's it. So, there isn't much you have to do. The people that work there are very diverse and yet easy to get along with, it's definitely that of a family environment. Management is where it gets tricky. The general manager, Vinny, is a pain and is extremely inappropriate at times. The professionalism of the management staff can be questioned at times. And don't get on Sandi's bad side, because you will get fired for it.
productive, and good tip money.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Decatur, AlabamaJuly 22, 2015
Pros: discounted prices on food.
Cons: mangers showed other employs more respect than others.
Red Lobster was my first fine dining serving job i had ever had. It taught me so much to what to expect with mangers, and how to perform my job
Accomodating and Friendly
Server (Current Employee), Langhorne, PAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Friendly Staff, Accommodating Schedule
Cons: Poor tips on occasion, Busiest days are always Holidays.
A typical day as a server is never "easy". Red Lobster employees are one of a kind and I actually left and came back because of their "family" workplace style. I have learned a lot about myself while working here and have made some lifelong friends. Management is fair and most are super friendly and always willing to help you out. Coworkers make the job. They understand exactly what you're going through each shift so it makes it easier when you have other people in the same boat as you and help you push through during the rough nights. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are just out to get you. You can't make EVERY single person happy but being tipped poorly when you know you gave great service is without a doubt the hardest part. You can't win ALL the time. All in all the good out weighs the bad and it is a great place to work. They always jump to work with my school schedule and its really easy to request off for vacations and social events. There is always someone willing to switch a shift or cover if need be. A good job to get yourself through college with.
miss working there.
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee), winter haven floridaJuly 22, 2015
Pros: love the people felt like a family
Cons: That I had to move away.
I worked in the dish room and moved up to running the kitchen and training others on what to do from fry station to the grill, broil, prep,baking, to making salads. how to set trays for serves to run them.
most professional restaurant I ever worked at
Server (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 20, 2015
Red lobster was great, they treat their employees much better than any other restaurant than I have ever worked for, with lots of long time employees
serving tables
Waiter (Former Employee), Duncanville, TXJuly 20, 2015
enjoyable place where meeting new people and eating different foods is a wonderful experience. sea food eaters are a different type of crowd of people.
Great workplace
Alley Coordinator (Former Employee), Inglewood, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Fun, busy, family enviroment
Cons: no free lunch
Fun, fast paced, family work enviroment. Fat paced always busy and enjoyed working around the good food. I learned a lot working there that carries onto my home kitchen.
Great job for high school students
HOST (Former Employee), Snellville, GAJuly 19, 2015
Hard work and flexible hours make this job perfect for part-time high school students. Here, you learn what it truly means to work in a restaurant setting and determine if that is what you seek in life. Free cheddar biscuits were delicious.
Fun Fullfilling Organization with loving people!
Hostess (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Give days off when needed!
Cons: Long hard working days with little breaks
Red Lobster was one of my best jobs I have ever had! I love the people here and the management will work with you in any way they possibly can! its their goal to make us happy. They are very supporting and loving.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more

Red Lobster Salaries