Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Found 2,167 reviews matching the search
Demanding and extremely stressful
Host/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WISeptember 23, 2016
Busy and unorganized
How to work well with others and patience
Management needs a lot of help
My co-workers don't work well with others
The hardest part about the job is it was very unorganized
My most enjoyable part of it all is meeting new people everyday and making them happy
Pros
The pay and half off or free meals
Cons
Not being appreciated for all the hard work I put in at the job.
Horrible
Hostess, server, certified trainer (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 22, 2016
I worked there for 2 years and I will say once red lobster was sold it went down hill. Fired the best manager we had including great employees. The management is lazy and only care for themselves.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No breaks, overworked staff, no room to advance in company
I loved the peoplw there but the managers were difficult sometimes
Host (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 21, 2016
I loved the workplace and the employees but a couple managers I really disliked. I wish I still worked there but at the same time happy I quit when I did.
Fun loving environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 21, 2016
Loved the atmosphere. Great management. Everyone had everyone's back, there was no time that I actually wanted to leave the place. If I did not have to move I would still be working there.
Not too bad
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Perry, GASeptember 21, 2016
Red Lobster was a great restaurant company to work for. Quality of life balance is somewhat difficult to achieve but typical for the restaurant industry.
Understaffed place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Typical day you never knew who was gonna be there and what you were getting yourself into. Co-workers were in and out. Always had a new guy no longevity within certain aspects of the company.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Called into work a lot, understaffed
Great Place
Server (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Austell, GASeptember 20, 2016
You have to have patience working with customers on a daily basis however after placing a smile on their faces knowing that they had great food and the service was excellent as well is worth it
Had fun
Host/ Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 20, 2016
its was fun i had a blast working here management and coworkers were great as long with the clientel. got paid 10 a hour which is pretty good as a host and didn't really do much other than on weekends when we got busy
Job is convenient
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 20, 2016
Enjoyed employment at company. Great benefits and pay. The only reason for leaving is due to hours and the fact that I am currently enrolled in school.
great experience
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2016
great people brought a great experience to my work history as well as staying professional. learned a lot from the customers and the employees
Ok Pay, but management is poor
Server (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYSeptember 19, 2016
The tips you may receive while working here are good. The minimum pay is ok as well for the restaurant industry. The management and policies could use updating. There are policies in place that just focus on reprimanding someone and taking blame off of the flaws in management. I mean it is a job so you have to deal with it, but just be aware that some of these policies and procedures don't work well.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Management, inconsistent schedules, sales environment
Great fast paced enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2016
Great place to meat a variety of people and differ cultures.
Hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult guest.
Is a tipped based job but you have the good days as well as bad days.
Like the job, hate the management
Hostess and Busser (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 18, 2016
I really don't mind the actual work. I absolutely love all of my co-workers but the management is so terrible. Schedules are always screwed up. It is always understaffed or overstaffed - no in between. Server sections are always messed up and being changed throighout the day. Sometimes the hosts aren't even informed of the changes then get yelled at for seating the 'wrong' tables. At the host stand you can literally never do anything right with these managers. They tell you to do one thing then they'll yell at you later for doing it later. One in particular thinks yelling will solve everything. So frustrating. It makes us look like the bad guys to all the servers. If management wasn't so bad I think I would really enjoy it here overall.
Pros
Free biscuits, nice staff
Cons
Management, management, management
Fun work place and good hours
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 18, 2016
They always worked with my schedule. Answer all the questions I had for them. They also have a very good team work
And fast working pace with quality food.
Loveable workplace the coworkers were awesome
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 17, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be the morning shift. I learned how to prep food, cook food such as steaks and fish. I learned how to cut and clean a lot of seafood. Management was ok but I feel like they could have paid me more for all the work I was doing, and help I was giving them. My co-workers were great I miss a lot of them they was so funny and cool. The hardest part of the job was getting customers food out in a timely manner, and making sure everything was fully cooked and ready to be served. The most enjoyable part for me really was my co-workers they made everything better we was like one big family mixed.
Great Job Experience
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Great Job Experience, i learned teamwork, customer service experience and tips. Management was great and very helpful. the hrdest part was making sure food came out on time.
Productive and always busy.
Server (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CASeptember 16, 2016
I enjoy working with the team I have. We are full of diversity. Sure some days aren't that great, but Ive learned not to wear my heart on sleeves and don't take things personal. The guests are the most exciting part of my job, meeting new people, hearing their stories and backgrounds, I am constantly moving finding something to do.
Pros
Discounts on food, free biscuits, diversity, team work
Cons
not always busy, tips
It's restaurant work.
Bartender/Server/CertTrainer/AC/Fry/Grill (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 15, 2016
It's restaurant work.you don't like the way the place is ran you move on.I will not bash the company.I fell to see how my opinion is relevant.
Pros
Pay, Full Benefits, Advancement, Training
Cons
It's restaurant work.
Great workplace with nice people
Silver roller/ Server assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 14, 2016
I have worked at Red Lobster for almost 3 years now, and I have enjoyed every day there. The staff is very nice and work hard. Being in an environment like that makes it easier to want to work harder and go the extra mile.
Work life
Busser and Host (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHSeptember 14, 2016
Some of the people are a bit of just attitude. The managars are all right i would like to just get out of food places all together and work towards something that i want to go to college right after high school for .
Pros
pros about red lobster the people
Cons
cons, managers