Red River Hospital Employee Reviews

dynamic environment
Director of Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 28, 2017
There are many dedicate professionals who really have the desire to provide high quality patient care. Staff continue to be dedicated to doing the best job in providing for the patient needs. Surges in admissions with a wide variety of patient needs makes a complex work load.
Pros
Nice physical environment Dedicated professionals
Cons
Heavy workload, need more supports from upper management
Enjoyed my patients
Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Management was always scattered. We were always short handed and over worked. Your always asked to stay over or pick up extra shifts. I enjoyed learning new things especially in the psych field, but you never had anyone really to teach you. You were basically just thrown out there to sink or swim!
It's ok
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 8, 2016
The coworkers are fantastic but management is below par. They understaff the units and won't hire anyone when they truly need to. Kinda stressful
Cons
Short breaks, staffing issues
Day
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 15, 2016
Enjoy working in the behavioral health field. Helpful, friendly employees. Very rewarding. Hardest part of my job is that I don't get to see outcomes reached due to my employment being PRN.
Red River Hospital review
Cook (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 19, 2015
Working at Red River Hospital as been fun as well as challenging. I cook for over 100 people a day taking care of their dietary need. The hardest part of my job is getting attached to repeat patients which also makes that one of the most enjoyable parts as well. Everyone who comes there is going through some sort of hardship so to watch them get better is amazing and rewarding.
Productive but had unorganized
MILITARY LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 27, 2014
Was a bit unorganized at times and not very easy to understand what is expected of the employees
Helping others.
Bahvioral Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 27, 2014
I really learned a lot working with the patients at Red River. Listening to the patients and some of their stories was heartbreaking. I learned not to take anything for granted.
Productive workplace and pleasant co-workers
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 31, 2013
My typical day at Red River involves making 15min rounds and checking on the pts in their rooms while they sleep to ensure their safety, stuffing pts charts to prepare for the next day and assisting pts with activities of daily living; assisting with admission process and ensuring pts have no contraband on them to ensure their safety and the safety of other pts; performing environmental checks.
Pros
Free breakfast.
Cons
Short breaks, insufficient compensation, lack of consistency.
Wonderful place to work
Behavioral Health Tech (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 17, 2013
I have learned so much at my job. It has taught me about special needs and how to have a better understanding of them.
Like walking in a land mine
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 20, 2013
The staff on the floor truly care and try to work together as a team. As with every private hosptial, the push is to do more with less. This company has been bought out twice in the last few years, and each time the new owners have tried to squeeze in more patients and less staff. The staff's ability to pay close attention to these mentally ill patients is stretched to the limit in this climate.
There are some admirable people who work here...
LMSW (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 24, 2013
Because it is required to express the experience at this company, I will say there are some admirable people who work there. Other than that I will not further explain my experience and will be very brief. Typical work day, go in between 8-8:30am and get off "when your work is done" typically between 5:30-8:30pm. I did have the ability to be trained in Cognitive Process Therapy all expense paid by the company, although they do not allow CEU time or reimburstment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the client population I worked with.
Pros
breakfast, lunch and dinner provided
Cons
rather not say
Challenging and Fulfilling
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 1, 2012
Curenttly working part time\PRN in transportation department driving patients to and from military base, home, or hospital.
Pros
traveling
Cons
long hours on the road