Red Robin

Red Robin Employer Reviews

Good place to work at if you can relocate
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: growth
Cons: too corporate
Good company, opportunities for growth if relocatable. Great culture and friendly. Great compensation once becoming a GM. Hard to bonus at
Supportive coworkers
Part-Time Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee), Tigard, ORFebruary 26, 2015
I always felt gratified at the end of the day and people made me feel like an important part of the workforce. I would get overwhelmingly busy at times, but I learned to not to get too stress out because that just made things worse, so I would always remind myself that I would get everything taken care of in time if I keep working hard, and stay consistent.
Fun Place to work. Management needs help
Hostess (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: 50% off food while working. employee benefits.
Cons: lack of management no set time off
A typical day at work varies. The weekdays are easy and we have enough managers to manage the house. The weekends get hectic, we lack managers on the weekends therefore front of the house gets abused. I learned hospitality and people skills.
The co-workers are great and work amazing as a team. Very reliable staff. The part I enjoy most about working there is my co-workers. The lack of management makes it a hard place to work for.
Great place to advance as a manager
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Good place to work.
Long shifts and hours, typical of restaurant management.
The only thing slowing down promotions is yourself.
Fast paced learning environment
Bartender (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: self employed (tips)
Cons: working nights and weekends
You must be a quick learner and able to multi-task to work in the restaurant industry. As a server you must be able to read the body language of the guest to provide excellent service. A rewarding aspect of the job is that, essentially, you are self employed and self sustaining. Generally, the amount of work you put into the job, the better the reward. And as an employee you must respect the restaurant, managers and co-workers as you would a guest.
Fun workplace with amazing co-workers
Hospitality/Server (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 25, 2015
I loved working at Red Robin. I enjoy talking to and meeting new people. Being a server and hostess was awesome. I learned how to be patient in whatever type of situation. I loved my managers and co workers. It was an all around friendly and fun work environment. Everyone was good at what they did. The hardest part would have to be the really busy days. Serving a ton of tables quickly and efficiently was a little difficult. I did love what I did though. Being a server at a restaurant and being able to meet new people everyday was what I enjoyed the most.
fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Victorville, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: got to help manager with food ordering.
Cons: breaks were only given when it was slow or someone could cover for me.
I would usually worked nights, I made sure I was seating guest in a timely manner and a proper rotation. I would be in charge of rolling silver wear and setting up tables for special ocarinas and large parties. In order for the kitcken staff to not be backed up in orders I had to be constantly be counting how many menus were down and communicate withe the BOH. at the end of the night I collected all menus, made sure all tables where clean, table all the trash from the restrooms out, and clocked doors. The hardest part was to finding a server or a manager when guests where getting impatient and needed to order or speak to a managers. The part I enjoyed the most was when I helped servers take orders and run food.
Great work community
Busser/Dishwasher/Cook/Host/Expo (Former Employee), White Bear Lake, MNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free food, great coworkers
Cons: apparently not very flexible on scheduling
I was sort of a utility worker there. I did a little bit of everything. I cleaned tables and dishes, sometimes at the same time. I sat customers and brought them food when I was expo-ing. I occasionally helped cook on the line. This job was incredibly high pace, which I loved. I thrive on that kind of work since I played soccer at a premier level for a long time. I learned a lot helpful skills during this job, primarily food related. My coworkers were all amiable and generally nice, and they tipped my out well when I was bussing. I enjoyed all aspects of the work I was doing right up until they fired me because I couldn't get to work the day my car broke down.
Missoula Red Robin is a franchise. I valued the owners,however, i feel more training and appreciation of employees should have been implemented.
server, food expediter, daily closing server (Former Employee), Missoula, MTFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: half off food items after shift
Cons: no breaks, no benefits, no job security, no set schedules
I loved the team members I worked with. I have an extensive client base that will follow wherever I go. I was typically the "go to" person if other staff had problems or didn't understand or was uninformed
Fast-paced chain food industry
Busser (Current Employee), 7860 W Tropical Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89149February 24, 2015
Pros: big discount during work and a constant 25% discount with family and friends
Cons: no breaks, not enough hours, discount only works as store you work at
The food here is fantastic and being able to get 50% off is always amazing. The staff is most often in a good mood unless of course someone leaves a tip or there is an injury like a burn or scratch. Balancing life and work is easy because they don't schedule people for very many hours. most employees will work less than 30 hours a week. A typical day as a busser usually involves me moving constantly as soon as I clock in. I have to restock ice and cups for servers, wash the dishes if its in a day shift, keep the floor clean, and constantly make rounds to clear off tables. A simple enough list of tasks. Of course all bussers are constantly told they aren't fast enough and Red Robin has a 1 minute rule. By the time the guests get up, bussers have 1 minute to get to the table, clean everything off, wipe it down and the seats and make sure the floor around is clean, and move on. Management takes that 1 minute rule very seriously which is impossible unless the table is pretty clear beforehand which it never is. The only time taking a break is possible is when you first clock in. The most enjoyable part of working for Red robin would be the fact that bussers get tipped too. while not a whole lot, it does help quite a bit.
RR
Server (Former Employee), Topeka, KSFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great job
Cons: jorge
Red Robin is an amazing place to work. It's like a big family. Jorge Diaz is an awful manager, however and after Michael left and Jorge became GM, problems arose. My overall experience at the bird was awesomel
Corporate structured big box
Front of House Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 21, 2015
Simple setup. All details are given to you for roll-outs requiring little higher thinking. The materials provided are in excellent condition, and very thorough. If you are looking for a simple work environment that takes care of everything for you, this is it. They are an excellent company to be a part of.
Fun and easy going workplace
Kitchen Manager - Head Cook (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDFebruary 20, 2015
Come in at noon create prep lists, date and label and deliveries, rotate and stock inventory, daily prep, set up line for service, lead line through dinner service coordinating timing from appetizers to desert while cooking behind the line.
fun and fast pace
cook (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
New learning experience as a cook. Fast paced. Label food correctly. Rotate and stock. Clean. Closing and opening race duties.
Great Customers
Server (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 16, 2015
I made a great connection with most of my guest. So much, that on any given day I had at least 3-5 tables ask for me or wait to sit in my section. I no longer work there, but I look forward to calling them and letting them know where the NEW hotspot is for our fellowship.
Fast paced, yet enjoyable job.
Hostess (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 15, 2015
A typical day at work at Red Robin involved socializing with each customer who entered the restaurant, sitting them in a place in which they were comfortable, and helping/cleaning anything that needed attention. I learned how to really think ahead, stay as organized as possible, and be quick on my feet. My managers were always making sure all employees were doing as they were supposed to be doing. All of my co-workers treated me well, for the most part. Red Robin was busiest on the weekends, of course, though it did get decently busy on some week days as well. On those days, the managers only had one hostess working; therefore, it would get undoubtedly stressful and frustrating, which was the hardest part about my job. The most enjoyable part about my job was interacting with ours guests, and making sure their visit was most pleasurable.
High Energy Fun Environment
Busser and Dishwasher (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: fun environment; flexible schedule
Cons: no downtime
My time there was short, but it was a great job. Everybody was happy, and despite being busy, it wasn't too stressful. Culture was fantastic and the management really seemed to care.
I enjoy working at Red Robin
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Florence, KYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great salary, meeting new people everyday
Cons: imbalanced schedule
I love working at Red Robin. It is a great place to work. Great environment and the team members are amazing! Everyday I ensure that we are running the best shift. Taking care of the guest and ensuring the best quality food. I have learned and continue to learn new things everyday. Whether its dealing with the Profit and Loss or just talking to the guest. Taking care of my team members is very important to me. The hardest part of my job is making sure every guest is leaving happy. That is also the most enjoyable part is seeing them happy.
Fun Place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Dearborn, miFebruary 11, 2015
Working at Red robin was a really great experience. I learned a lot about people in general and also a lot about hospitality. Working at red robin has showed me a very clear image of the way a business should be ran.
Very Poor training and Management
HOH (Former Employee), WIFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: work very hard
Cons: scheduling, no hours
I have worked in the corporate world for over 20 years in training and
managing people, and cannot believe a company that has such a great product for the customer, can treat their employees the way they do. 1st scheduling, how would you like to work for a place that does not give you your work schedule to you until the Saturday night or Sunday before the week you are to work? This company does not give you the promised hours during your interview, so you have to work at least two jobs to pay bills, but how can you do that when you
have no idea what your schedule will be for the next week? Training does not exist, even though they state in the interview you will go through training manual online, never happens. Your schedule really
doesn't matter anyway because management tells you that your schedule is a stated schedule, and what that means is if you are to work from 4:00pm to 8:00pm and they are busy, you have to stay no matter what!! So again how can you work two jobs?? Management makes sure they get breaks and eat, but employees forget that. If interviewed and get a tour, look for a break room doesn't exist.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Robin

Red Robin International, Inc. was founded on four core values: Honor, Integrity, Continually Seeking Knowledge and Having Fun. – Read more

Red Robin Photos