Red Robin

Red Robin Employee Reviews

Red Robin
Server (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMay 27, 2015
Opening shifts are pretty slow, but business (and tips) pick up in the evening. Lots of regulars. Management is okay- definitely room for improvement.
Fast paced environment with lots of energy, but not enough hours.
Server (Current Employee), Lacey, WAMay 26, 2015
Pros: 1/2 off meals
Cons: not enough hours for me
A typical day at Red Robin would be clocking on and starting side work/running food until my first table. Then I wait on my guests and multi task to ensure every one of them has a great visit.
Red Robin is the fastest environment I've ever worked in. I've learned how to take big tables, (10+ people) how to stay calm in stressful situations, and how to use a P.O.S. machine.
I really appreciate my managers because I know their job is tough, and I can tell they do their best to take care of the employees. They just simply can't give me enough hours a week for me to sustain myself. This is why I am searching for a new job.
My coworkers are my favorite part of my job. I've made a lot of lasting friendships there. I have a great sense of humor so I like to joke around and keep the energy positive so everyone stays in a good mood.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers. It doesn't happen often, but I've learned that sometimes people come into restaurants in a bad mood from the start. But it's important to stay cool and collected and not take anything personally. I usually get a manager involved if it starts to be too much.
My favorite part of the job is my relationship with my guests. That's really what keeps me happy at work is hanging out with the guests and meeting interesting people. I make sure to put all my energy into making them happy and that's what keeps people coming back.
Making Real Connections
Lead Server/ Bartender (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 26, 2015
• Check identification of customers to verify and stratify Michigan age requirements for purchase of alcohol
• Clean bar, work area and tables; Stock bar with related supplies, materials, beer, liquor and wines
• Take beverage orders from serving staff as well as directly from patrons
• Order and requisition liquor and bar supplies weekly and compact monthly sales and quality control reports
• Assisted in training new hires
• Counseled and motivated servers to ensure optimum services
• Addressed customer’s queries about menu selections
fun workplace with great people
Server (Current Employee), Puyallup, WAMay 26, 2015
Pros: fun place to work for and fun people to work with !
Cons: it can be a challenge and get overwhelming but thats with any job
Red robin is a fun place to work for, I am a host and server and i love everyone i work with and i have fun. It can be challenging at times but i love to learn about new things and meet new people everyday. The best part is everyone is helpful and engaging with you. Managers are there for you and willing to help as well as flexible with your schedule if you have other duties to tend to outside of work .
Yummm
Expediter/Server (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 21, 2015
Classic Red Robin restaurant. Greet and serve guest. Fun atmosphere and regulars. Strong tradition and great food, family oriented place.
Fun Fun Fun. Excellent Food
Cook (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMay 21, 2015
Great place for fun and gatherings. Excellent Food. Meet a lot of interesting people and a few new friends. Pay and hours were flexible with school schedule
Family Focussed
Server/ Bartender/ Trainer (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 20, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals, contests, ability to pick up shifts to earn extra cash
Cons: not much room for advancement, no raise, under appreciated employees
A typical day at work was very busy and fast paced. I learned excellent multitasking and Leadership skills. Management wasnt always as supportive as they could be, which is why I was looking to advance with the company. My co-workers were all well trained and certified which made for a much smoother work day. The hardest part of the job was trying not to get overwhelmed and take care of every customer with the same amount of respect and patience. My favorite part of working at Red Robin was working with people.
i worked as a server
Server (Former Employee), Corona, CAMay 20, 2015
It was great job, get people work with and well as the guest that would dine in. It was a new experience everyday at work. I left unwanting, I got very ill and was unable to work for two month and since I wasn't employed for a year, only six months I was let go.
its ok
Line Cook (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 19, 2015
when i worked their it was OK the food their was good it wasn't great but then again i really didn't like the flavor of the hamburger
Great place for burgers
Line Cook, CLC Trainer (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 19, 2015
Working there for a couple years has been a great learning experience and I feel like were family there and the environment is outstanding.
productive
Host/Busser/Dishwasher/Expo (Former Employee), Meridian, IDMay 18, 2015
the managers made sure the team members were always busy, i enjoyed working there and the staff. the menu was also amazing, i always ate on my breaks.
Fun place to work while learning necessary work ethics
Server (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 18, 2015
This job helped me to learn to better associate with a variety of individuals on a casual and formal basis. I have developed a better work ethic in terms of multitasking and being able to perform duties efficiently.
Fast-paced restaurant with a fun atmosphere.
Hostess and To-Go (Former Employee), Center Valley, PAMay 17, 2015
Worked on my feet all day long, never too many breaks, nice customers, friendly staff, enjoyable work. I always looked forward to going to work.
Fun work place
Server/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lincolnshire ILMay 13, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: no breaks really at all until you went home
Typical day at work is serving guest socializing with co workers and guest the enjoyable part of being there was the freedom the hardest part was well there really wasn't a hard part
Fun place to work
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Columbia MDMay 12, 2015
Very fast paced environment. Must be able to handle all types of emotions and attitudes. Definitely keeps you on your toes.
Went down hill
Hostess/food runner (Former Employee), Millbury, MAMay 11, 2015
I first LOVED working at Red Robin, all the servers were amazing, but after two years company decided to take a different root, trying to make it less kid friendly and thats when things slowly went down hill, new management killed the vibe and no one was happy, they made too big of changes too quick. Still a great place to eat but too strict.
Soul sucking
Hourly Team Member (Current Employee), Plainfield, ILMay 11, 2015
Cons: internal advancement difficult, unethical management techniques
I've worked for the company for many years, and that is one of the few things I don't regret. Red Robin is growing (many new locations open annually). The biggest downfall is that they are poorly managed (consistently noted by coworkers) and as long as the restaurant is hitting their numbers, corporate doesn't seem to care how the hourly team members are treated. It's a business that has it's ups and downs, but at the end of the day you need to pay your bills and this does pay the bills.
Moving up from when i started
Wait Staff (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIMay 10, 2015
Pros: Moving up in the company from when i started there
Cons: short staffed at times
I would set up for banquets. l learned how to set up and break down tables, serve people, and I learned people skills since that was my first job ever. It was years ago, but being there I learned a lot.
The management was good at teaching us things and helping us prepare for the customers coming in. There wasn't anything to hard about that job, other that if we were short staffed. I liked meeting new people and I liked taking care of people on there special days.
Great place to start your career in the restaurant industry
Bartender and Certified Mixologist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Fun, team environment
Cons: Poor clientele
Well-known brand which produces high volume sales and a diverse team of employees. Low quality clientele especially when connected to a mall.
good for youth
Certified Designated Trainer (Former Employee), Amherst, NYMay 8, 2015
A decent job for young people trying to make some extra money. Not exactly the very best option as a person moves past there twenties, if they want to make a living.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Robin

Red Robin International, Inc. was founded on four core values: Honor, Integrity, Continually Seeking Knowledge and Having Fun. – Read more

Red Robin Salaries