Red Robin Employee Reviews

Found 1,371 reviews matching the search
Red Robin isn't just a place to work, but a place to have fun as well.
Server (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day for me at red robin is to open them big doors and know that i'm going to be greeted with a smile..There is so much happiness and joy in that restaurant and its simply because of the employees. that is why i have not been able to leave my red robin team. i have not fount another staff that is as great as they are. i learn something new everyday. weather its a fact of politics or just a fact about life. either way its great.My managers have known me for almost 3 years now in april. they have seen me at my best and my worst and they still are very great to me. My co-workers are my family, i don't know what I would do without them. The hardest part of the job honestly is not letting yourself get to caught up in what is and reminding yourself that .. its just a job. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to interact with new people who are the guest and make a connection with them, and also being able to have such great employees to connect with.
Pros
Fast cash
Cons
health benefits
A friendly energetic environment that is fast paced with awesome guests.
GM-Annette Marosevich (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89149January 16, 2017
This has been my first and most dependable job. Learned all about how restaurants work and run. The environment is friendly and understanding of employees and guests. Always have a flexible schedule with no restrictions on time off. Overall decent place to work at. The problem with working with this company is very minimal growth and knowledge. Had to learn most drinks, serving techniques, communication skills on my own and bring my knowledge to the restaurant. Also no possibility of medical benefits.
Pros
Meet a lot of new people. Learned everything I know about the service industry.
Cons
no benefit eligibility or any more professional growth.
Has it's ups and downs
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Foxborough, MADecember 26, 2016
A typical day of work is me basically taking the brunt of everyone's issues and having to deal with them and even if I deal with them resulting in a favorable outcome I still get picked at and told why it wasn't good enough. I've been told a bunch of times about working on a raise or working on giving me some more responsibilities with in the restaurant or potentially even moving positions but it always falls through. The people I have meet because of this jobs have made it worth it, but for the amount of issues people place blame on me for or expect me to do even though it's not part of my job - I'd pass on RR again.
It is what you make of it, really.
Shift Manager/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 10, 2016
Typical restaurant job. Very fun and enjoyable staff, you make a lot of lasting friendships. Compensation is what you make of it, you can work as little of as much as you want, making work/life balance easy. I have a lot of fun when things run smoothly however, management can be slow to take action so things rarely run smoothly. There's plenty of room for advancement if you work hard and perform well in your current position.
Pros
Flexibility, pay, culture
Cons
management
Productive challenging fun environment
Server and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORJanuary 18, 2017
At the start of my shift I make sure I am aware of anything we are out of so I can inform the guests as they are seated at my table. I then clean up my section of tables by wiping down the chairs/booths and restock and condiments of the table. As I am seated I am required to hit a 30 second great, two minute drink return (with a four minute bar drink return), with that in mind I am able to work on a time limit and deliver a quick service. I get to engage with new people everyday, and some regulars. So I have to be able to create small talk and also engage with a regular and become aware of the conversations we had prior. I love the people I work with, I am very easy to get along with, I think I choose a career where the people are the same. The hardest part of the job is managing seperate tables, but knowing the needs of each. Also being able to wipe your slate clean to treat each table with the same enthusiasm and efficiency as previous tables. Another thing would be knowing you are doing well without always getting the reassurance.
Pros
communicating with new guests, I have been able to gain knowledge and give knowledge to tables.
Cons
Not many breaks or a secure pay, no benefits.
Good company to work for
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 15, 2017
Great company culture, very helpful and nice people. Great work life balance and benefits were good. Workload was good. Only down fall might be the upper management and high turnover with upper level executives. Happy work environment overall though.
Pros
Worklife balance, flex fridays, free food
Cons
Upper management not communicating
Great Company for Advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 12, 2017
A great company for advancement but there is a price too pay for the generous salary. The hours are difficult, and shift constantly offering very poor work life balance. Inconsistency within the management team made it unpleasant and often times employees were not held accountable for fear of being short handed.
Greedy Corporation That Doesn't Care about its Employees
Server (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 13, 2017
Red Robin used to be a great place to work but it has really gone downhill in the last few months. New corporate changes have been implemented that put an extreme amount of sales and performance pressure on servers. You must achieve a 72% promoter score (9s and 10s only on the guest surveys) or else they will cut your hours significantly. You are judged on the number of beverages, appetizers, and desserts you sell. Not meeting quota? They cut your hours. Don't ask your table if they're a rewards member? Fired on the spot. They have also recently started secret shops where if the server does not achieve a passing score, they are instantly fired.

A company shouldn't have to cause fear in their employees in order to achieve company benchmarks. Instead of positive encouragement, training, and one-on-one coaching, Red Robin has resorted to fear and intimidation in order to reach sales standards. Red Robin only cares about their bottom line, and couldn't care less if their employees have to resort to two or three jobs to make ends meet. Many servers are worried about these new changes at my store.

I can only see this strategy ending poorly for Red Robin.
Pros
Good tips, scheduling flexibility, work/life balance
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, high pressure sales goals
Better management would go a long way . . .
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 1, 2016
Have worked at multiple locations and store management simply isn't up to par. I do like some of the higher level managers, but their inability to train or replace the subpar store managers doesn't motivate me to want to advance myself. Started out as a franchise employee, was to receive health benefits after a year. The franchise sold to corporate, and corporate failed to recognize seniority and honor the time already spent as an employee: we all started over again. Very poorly done.
Pros
Some corporate discounts, employee meal program, benefits for hourly employees after one year
Cons
Poor management, inconsistent scheduling, poor computer systems in administration
Hard Working and Back Breaking
Bartender (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 13, 2016
I have worked in the food industry technically over 10 years now since I was 17 years old going back and forth from Retail and Small office Jobs to This and typically they all revolve around good customer service and hard work. Being extra Cleanly when working with food is a mandatory thing not only in my book but by law so conducting good hygiene is a super important thing no matter what. So doing your side work after each shift is never forgotten with me and I work extra hard to make sure my customers and the servers are taken care of in a quick and timely fashion.
Pros
good tips, small hours, and I get a base pay plus tips not just 2.13 an hour like servers.
Cons
not benefits, want something more out of my life then serving people food my whole life

Want to know more about Red Robin?

Ask a question
Fun and inviting atmosphere to work in
Server (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 23, 2017
I have worked at a few different restaurants and Red Robin has honestly been great. The management staff is great. They listen to all concerns and work with you to the best of their ability. We have fun while providing great service to our guests.
Pros
half off on a shift meal/ sometimes free meals
Cons
no benefits
Extremely fast-paced but fun work staff.
Floater and Head Saute Chef (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJanuary 19, 2017
Management needs retraining. As with some other cooking jobs, there is a serious lack of personal creativity. But the recipes are easy to learn and the work keeps you busy and active.
Pros
Good work staff, management is willing to work with you.
Cons
Lack of benefits, short-tempered manager.
Fun, but very stressful at times,
Server, Caterer, and Host (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PASeptember 16, 2016
Working for Red Robin has its pros and cons. You have the opportunity to meet some amazing guest who mostly are from the area, but some have been to amazing places and experiences. Unfortunately the management team and company are very selfish and make it hard to enjoy your job. Co-workers and Guest are the best part about the job, but the company itself could use a lot of work for improvement on how to treat their employees
Pros
Guest
Cons
Short breaks, No benefits, Below minium wage, Treated unfairly by management
Decent Place to Work with great benefits
Food Technologist (R&D) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2017
Decent place to work however, often not much direction. Priorities are constantly changing and are never focused, slight micromanagement in the food development portion of the brand.
Benefits
Its a good company
Server (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 22, 2017
This is a good company to work for if you're in school or have a part time job but unless you're working as management or full-time cook. It's hard to get by on salary when you have a family to support.
n/a
Hot/Cold Cook (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHMarch 15, 2017
good opportunity for advancement friendly staff cleanly, raises for skills mastered. great food. eat free and discount when not on the clock. family friendly
Family oriented restaurant
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 13, 2017
Fantastic restaurant to work.
Staff is great.
Mangers are wonderful. Just couldn't receive benefits.
Love the customers and the interaction.
The vibe in this restaurant will make you and family wanna come have a good juicy burger.
Too many hours no breaks
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 28, 2017
They work you basically from open to close with one break with no advance notice. Over 30 hours in three days. No real benefits other than meal discount and free burger per shift worked.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many hours a day
Great food great opportunities to acquire team and management skills and great compensation
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 5, 2016
Greeted customers and provided information about the menu and promotions

-Managed cash, check, credit and debit card payments and became a team leader
Pros
Part time work with great compensation
Cons
lack of advancement opportunites and health benefits
I love my Red Robin Family
Server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 19, 2016
I would normally start by checking my section tidy up. Make sure there are no stalking issues. Serve tables as they came in. I learned I love working with people in customer service. My managers were always their for us and worked as a team. My co-workers worked pretty well together helping each other out. The hardest part was leaving for school.
Pros
great enviornment
Cons
lack of benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.