Red Robin

Red Robin Employer Reviews

Productive work place
Mid Manager (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 30, 2015
While working I was in charge of daily business flow maintaining profit and loss of the building. I was in direct contact with guests managing the staff to insure guest satisfaction or fixing mistakes on either end. While bartending I maintained a stream of steady clients mastered the art of drink making. As a training manager I revamped the training system.
Fast paced, slightly hectic work environment. Staff is like a family
WAITRESS/HOSTESS (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 30, 2015
Pros: tips, people contact
Cons: no breaks, hectic environment
A typical day at work includes an average of a four hour shift. As a server you will be responsible for 5-15 tables. This means greeting tables, taking orders, running food, maintaining tables and processing payments. My coworkers were mostly hardworking. The hardest part of serving is dealing with the various demands from people. A lot of people don't realize the amount of work involved and demand a level of perfection that is sometimes impossible. I loved the contact with people though, that was my favorite part. You get to meet so many interesting people and have a hand in helping make their day better.
Love the atmosphere.
General Manager (Current Employee), TexasMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, Time Off is good
Cons: Long hours, and minimal support
Great guests, and great people to work with. Management structure, and inexperienced managers make things difficult.
Flexible schedule, great for college students.
Server (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 30, 2015
● Provided guests with an exceptional eating experience in a fast paced, refined space.
● Ensured superior customer service.
Fun Place to work
Lead CLC/MID Manager (Current Employee), Nampa, IDMarch 29, 2015
I like their dedication to training and customer service. They are focused on being the best within their industry and take that very seriously.
Kitchen and People
Line Cook (Former Employee), Woodinville, WAMarch 24, 2015
Great people and supportive staff, the back of the house never quit we always had orders and the managers and trainers treated me well.
Management turnover is ungodly
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free meal - decent benefits for managers
Cons: everything else
Wouldn't wish this place on anyone - hated it from day one - glorified and overpriced hamburgers. No quality of life - 11-12 hour days are norm. Days off often split except for the GMs who seldom worked Sundays even though it was one of the busiest days of the week. I was often scheduled off at 6 or 7 pm on friday and Saturday nights. What manager worth a Sh*# would leave during a dinner rush? Wait, you couldn't cause the GM wanted everything done so they didn't have to work Sundays
Great atmosphere and skilled employees.
Server (Former Employee), Mount Juliet, TNMarch 23, 2015
Pros: work for tips, cash in hand, short hours, stayed busy
Cons: no cons
Red Robin was a great place to work, starting from the beginning of the shift to the very end. Duties were to keep the customer happy at all times while also maintaining a clean work space. Some of the duties included cleaning, restocking and of course serving the delicious burgers to the hungry customers. The work day was not too long and the pay was great. I really enjoyed everything about the job.
does not care about employees
Host (Former Employee), Manteca, CAMarch 22, 2015
not a great place to work
poor management skills
lack of respect for employees and management or otherwise
even when people are promoted they do not get paid well for it
Loved helping people
Certified Designated Trainer (Current Employee), Columbia SCMarch 20, 2015
Great place to work. Loved helping people choose the right food for their visit. A typical day requires you to be able to multi task duties while attending to guests.
Fun, fast-paced restaurant
Lead Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 20, 2015
The opportunity to be a lead server here allowed me to share my ideas on how to improve training and some of the general systems in the restaurant. I very much enjoyed having my opinion heard and valued in the company. Being able to connect with management on behalf of the entire staff improved my communication skills greatly.
Fun workplace with good people
Hostess (Current Employee), Grand Rapids,MIMarch 20, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: don't know what time you'll get off work
Working at Red Robin is such a good experience. You meet knew people everyday and have a wonderful time with them. It is always important to keep a smile on your face, because customers love seeing it. Co-workers there are like family! Everyone is kind to another and we all work together, because teamwork is a huge thing being apart of the Red Robin crew. The most hardest part working at Red Robin is trying to get tables to open up for customers to sit. Tables are always full of people, and we are always on a wait for about 2 hours straight. The most enjoyable part is having all the customers enjoy their experience and give us great compliments.
Love Red Robin
O365 Administrator/Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COMarch 18, 2015
Red Robin is a great place to work. The atmosphere is great and they truly push a work life balance. I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I have worked there under my current contract. I just hate there wasn't headcount to keep me after my contract ends on 3/31
Lots of business and flexibility.
(CLC) Certified Learning Coach (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, consistent business
Cons: inconsistent management style, dealing with rude customers.
A typical day will start out pretty slow you'll have maybe 1-2 tables in that first hour. When you first start the shifts aren't great, but once you've earned a good section you can make some good money. When they're busy it gets a little hectic fighting over "fry fills" and making sure all the food gets ran out to tables. The managers are really inconsistent but are all nice people. The hardest part of the job is when the kitchen is behind and customers are waiting for fries. Customers come for the unlimited fries and when they can't get what they came in for it reflects in their tip. The best part about this job is that you can create your own schedule. The managers really listen to your needs for work and are willing to get you a day of by switching with a co-worker when needed.
fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCMarch 16, 2015
I learned how to concentrate on more than one thing at a time and be aware of what stage each of my guests are in. I also learned a lot about the food industry.
great place
Line Cook (Current Employee), Albany, ORMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: you get burned alot
If you like a fast pace place of making gourmet food. with great people to help you along the way. do this place. you will get good pay too
Used to be somewhat decent
Line Cook (Current Employee), Grove City, OHMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free employee meals
Cons: the other employees bad management, consistent under-staffing with no benefits to the employess
My typical day ensues me performing multiple jobs while I am only being paid to do one. That alone does not bother me what does bother me is that they have other people scheduled to work alongside me and they do nothing. I really and truly just want to work somewhere where my hard work dedication and skills will be appreciated. Also I only am able to work day shifts due to only one vehicle between my wife and I. Red Robin keeps on scheduling me doubles.
Fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMarch 12, 2015
The manager are nice and they understand my busy schedule with school, they work with me, is a good part time job and i love the people i work with
Pleasant Workplace
Server (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMarch 12, 2015
I love the management at Red Robin and my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my day is meeting new people. The hardest part of my day is keeping everyone happy.
Changeling and fun work enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work would include the opening duties of the restauramnt ie: reviewing emails, setting production for the day, setting up floor plans/server stations, counting banks, line checks and running the floor.
I learned how to connect better with people, as well as how to hone my customer service skills. I was the GM and had 3 managers that reported directly to me for their development as well as weekly manager meetings and bi-weekly one to ones.
The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency in the regional for the Vegas market.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing teams members and managers that I was able to work with over the last several years.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Robin

Red Robin International, Inc. was founded on four core values: Honor, Integrity, Continually Seeking Knowledge and Having Fun. – Read more

Red Robin Photos