Red Robin

Red Robin Employee Reviews

1/2 off food, great money, flexible
Server (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 8, 2016
Management needs lots of help with organization but the hours were great. Too much gossip and drama though. The money was okay as well.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
bad management and anchors on the team.
Much Potential
Server/ CLC (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 8, 2016
Red Robin has many managers coming through the doors; however the environment could easily improve if the and the employee morale could also be better if the management was different. Growth and advancement is a negative.
Don't Work Here!
Busser (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 8, 2016
Management is awful, hours are not great and unequal treatment of other employees. I suggest never going to these restaurants you will be disappointed.
Easy going work environment with motivating management
Expediter (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDFebruary 5, 2016
Since I have started at Red Robin I have joined a family. The work environment is truly motivational and fun. The managers are not condescending and are extremely helpful and involved with the job. Other employees are also helpful and work with a team set of mind.
Unprofessional and poorly managed
Server (Former Employee) –  Feasterville-Trevose, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Red Robin has many managers however the environment could be better and the employee morale could also be better if the management was different. Growth and advancement is a negative.
worst company I have ever worked for
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 31, 2016
I started in April 2015, as a line cook, and granted I know they are not the priority of the restaurant, but being talked to like a human being once in a while would be nice. The micromanagement is unbelievable. Extremely unorganized. 15 minute breaks on 13 hour shifts. Make sure you keep track of your hours.
Pros
free food
Cons
too many
Expediter (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 31, 2016
Everyone helped me out when I was new, and everyone did the best job they could as fast as they could definitely a good learning and job environment
Pros
one free meal, never a slow moment
Cons
no breaks(not long enough shifts)
Used to be a fun place to work at.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILJanuary 29, 2016
When I first started working there my co-workers and mangers were awesome to be around recently one of my mangers had been transfered to another store so my job has been not so delightful to work at. Most of my co-workers are supportive and awesome to be around but one of the managers I do not get along with.That specific manager is rude to not only me but my co-workers as well. I like to get in there, do my job, and go home.
Pros
Free meals, good breaks, awesome co-workers
Cons
Haven't been promoted, same pay as I started.
nice atmosphere and lighting through out the restaurant
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 27, 2016
nice people nice burgers and amazing thick cut fries. when you eat a juicy hamburger it will melt in your mouth fighting all your taste buds.
Pros
unlimited fries
Not very productive
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Hours were very short, pay wasn't that great. Management was okay. You got yelled at a lot by guests when you put them on a wait..
Great atmosphere and amazing burger
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 25, 2016
Great place to work the staff and managers alike all lived the culture on a daily basis. The managers in the market always willing to help each other out.
Focused on four core values of honor, integrity, seeking knowledge, and having fun
Certified Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAJanuary 25, 2016
Customers come before everything else and we do everything in our power to make sure they have an unforgettable experience while dining in our restaurant. It requires a lot of physical activity, especially during peek hours. A successful employee must be good at working with a team. There are anywhere from 10-40 employees working on any given day. Great communication is also a must in order to successfully work with the other employees and ensure the food or beverage the customer orders is prepared and delivered correctly. The hardest part of the job is keeping a positive attitude when your customers are the opposite of pleasant. Another difficultly that may appear is multitasking many (5-10) different tasks at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work environment. They really focus on being a team player, which can make the job fun when we are extremely busy.
Work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJanuary 23, 2016
I would warmly greet guests as they would enter and then make sure to meet any needs they may have. (i.e Highchairs, Booster seats). I learned that being a hostess is a very important part of the team. We are the first ones customers see as they enter and the last ones they see as they leave. We all worked hard as a team to ensure that we took care of not only the customers but each other. The hardest part of the job was trying keep the customers calm when there was a wait. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interactions with the guests!
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
lack of hours sometimes
it was a great work inviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 20, 2016
a typical day at work was very easy going. the only time it was hectic or busy was the weekends. We went on waits all the time, but during the week it was pretty slow.I learned to deal with people. Being a host takes a lot of patience and very good people skills. My management was the best. I had some amazing managers they were very comprimising and loved working with them. Red Robin is a great working inviroment to work in. everyone was like family.I wouldnt say it was any hard parts about working there. The only thing I can say during the week since it was so slow it was nothing to do so I had to find things to do to stay productive.The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Very tiring job.
Dish Machine Operator/Busser (Former Employee) –  Valencia, Santa ClaritaJanuary 19, 2016
-My coworkers were some of the most educated, experienced people I have ever met in my life, however, the work that was required from one dishwasher for hours at end was close to impossible.
-Poor management
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Predetermined lunch times.
Good conditions and great work enviornment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 19, 2016
Very fast pace kitchen work. I had great personal and professional relationships with coworkers and management. I learned some basics about overall food service.
fast pace
stocker (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCJanuary 19, 2016
faceing out shelves so customers and can find everything with ease and keeping store clean. and well stocked. and helping customers in any way possible.
Fun place to work
Prep Cook/Dishwasher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 15, 2016
Working here is very hard work but I like it, the people there were very nice and helped out a lot. Really enjoyed working here.
Pros
50% off lunches
Nice clean kitchen
Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 13, 2016
Very fast pace great people and food. Got a raise moved up in my position. I learn how to train an run a kitchen. Meet alot of great people.
Great place
Server (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Management is good and so is the teamwork. I really like the atmosphere here it is like everyone is family. The best part of the job is interacting with a lot of different people.
Pros
50% percent off food
Cons
Money is up and down, as is business