Red Robin Employee Reviews

Found 1,997 reviews matching the search
Great Workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 23, 2017
I typically worked 6-8 hour shifts, and up to 40 hours a week. The staff was wonderful and we all got along well, with the management having a good mixture of seriousness and enthusiasm in our work. We were really fast paced and had little downtime, but they were good about giving breaks when you needed them. This is a very nice place to work. One of the only issues is it being a new store, things were a little jumbled at times and frantic.But a huge plus is you get minimum wage which is different than most sit down restaurants.
Pros
Discounted meals during breaks, lots of hours available to work, minimum wage for waitstaff!
Cons
Extremely fast paced, frantic
Great place to wlrk
Server (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 23, 2017
Lots of money. Always busy and you can turn your tables very fast. In the last year I've been there management does turn though quite frequently. But great o workers
Pros
Money, co workers, some managers
Cons
Great place to advance if this is what you are looking for
SERVER/BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 23, 2017
Red Robin is a great place to work. This is a very fast paced environment and requires you to be on your feet all day. If you are looking for management opportunities you can advanced here easily if you are doing a great job. Definitely an equal opportunity employer.
Pros
discounted meals, fast money (TIPS)
Cons
no breaks, constantly on your feet
Very geart place to Work Red Robin's
Waste Management (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 22, 2017
Very geart day in the week. Watch what doing more. To meany people management working to slow. Work had to mean cool things the working culture!To do with working hardest washing dash the floor. The most enjoyable thing wash them
Pros
Love on job with friends is hard
Cons
Working at hardest point
Easy and Quick Money
waitress, (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COSeptember 21, 2017
There can be some favoritism regarding the shifts you get and they don't honor Transfers. But all in all good work environment with quick and easy money.
Pros
1/2 off food
Cons
lack of job increasment
Fun work environment and great staff members
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDSeptember 21, 2017
The job was great and started off being a team environment. The management staff need work. The GM didn't treat the staff fair. At this location, the GM position changed frequently.
A great place to start a first job quick and easy and great culture.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Nice way to make quick money and a blue collar fast food service with polite employees and great management ! Tips won’t come often but great when you do get them and a lot of respectful people to work around and learn from.
Pros
Nice Breaks
Cons
Not enough Hours
Yumm
Server (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Red Robin was a lot of fun to work at. Of course any serving job is stressful, but they made it fun. Management was amazing and caring. I world definitely work here again
Generally Fun, Lack of Advancement
Dish Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ORSeptember 20, 2017
Usually pretty busy
Management won't advance you
Flexible schedule, as long as you give 2 weeks notice
Great place to start as a server
Fast paced
Basic cashier experience
Multitasking is essential
Coworkers are generally friendly and helpful
Stressful at times
Pros
Free lunch for Back of House, Generally good tips
Cons
Usually very busy
Busser (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 19, 2017
I mostly did busing while i was there but the people were always friendly. We would crack jokes when we got free time or after the place closed. I did'n know what benefits I got.
Temporary part time job
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WASeptember 19, 2017
Don't work here unless you're in dire need of a job. It doesn't matter how well you work and if you go above and beyond, you'll get treated like garbage.
Pros
50% meal
September 21, 2017

We are sorry to hear that we missed the mark, but will be happy to look into the concerns you mention. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Poor managment
Server (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 19, 2017
Horrible work culture, Poor management. I worked here for almost a year and felt as if I was in high school. Managers gossiped among staff about others which made it uncomfortable to feel like anything was confidential or taken seriously. Wouldn't recommend working for this company.
September 21, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we will be happy to look into these concerns.

Fun work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Great atmosphere and good people. Management is very understanding and is willing to work with you. The customers are a good reason for you to want to stay with the establishment
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Restaurants are always fun, flexible hours, can be stressful at times, management is relaxed and coworkers will become great friends. Everyone should experience serving at some point in their life.
Did not like this job.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CASeptember 18, 2017
Worked very hard for this company but it did not pay off. No incentive for growth in this company. Very disappointing to work for. Would not recommend this job.
good starting place
Lead Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 17, 2017
Red Robin is a great starting place to establish a career, They have multiple layers of management to make easier to climb the ladder. Take your time and work hard and you can make it to the top
Very harsh workplace
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDSeptember 17, 2017
They were not very nice or understanding especially the general manager or his favorite supervisor. Rhe assistant manager was amazing. He never gave me a problem.
Cons
No healthcare unless provided many hours
September 21, 2017

We are sorry to hear that we missed the mark, and we appreciate hearing this feedback. We will be happy to look into these concerns.

Red Robin
Server (Current Employee) –  Northgate, WASeptember 15, 2017
My fellow coworkers were very nice, however management made you feel bad for asking for help. They would constantly put you in a bad position to succeed and tell you to figure it out yourself. They made you prove yourself every shift, even if you had been there longer than they had. There was no AC all summer. Overall, good paying job, but you won't be respected as a human being.
Pros
Fast paced, quick money
Cons
Terrible working conditions, corporate doesn't care about their employees
September 21, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate it. We are sorry to hear that we missed the mark and will be happy to look into these issues.

Fun Place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTSeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work for anyone that likes a fast paced job. The RR culture is amazing and I worked with some of the best people. The hours can be long but the day goes by fast.
Pros
Fun Staff
September 21, 2017

We are glad to hear you enjoyed you experience here! We hope to see you again in the future, either as a Team Member or a Guest!

Great company / Fun
Expediter (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CASeptember 15, 2017
Red Robin was a very fast paced job, It was fun and I learned alot of customer service . It was not a typical day at work. I never knew how my day was going to be, if it was going to be a slow night or a fast night , But always made the best out of my day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.