Red Robin Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,106 reviews matching the search
Fun environment with opportunity to make great money.
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 10, 2016
Much like every other restaurant job, the people make the experience, Coworkers were like family. 40+ hours a week if wanted. Flexible schedule and a delicious menu to stand behind, It was never hard to please a guest. I developed most of my customer service skills in this job and even landed a job with my current employer by my service.
Pros
Flexible hours, paid every night.
Cons
Not much room for advancement and no benefits.
great place to work
server (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 24, 2016
great place to work if you are not looking for advancement. management is great, atmosphere is great but if you are wanting to advance it wont happen. they would prefer to hire management from outside than hire within.
Pros
quick easy money
Cons
no healthcare, benefits or advancement
Flexible work hours
Server (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 4, 2016
Flexible work hours. Can make my own schedule as long as I give two weeks notice. Good co-workers. Enjoy working in the children's section.
Pros
Good tips
Benefits
Poor Management
server (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 17, 2015
Who would want to work for an employer who threatens your job security? One of the manager's that work there likes to dictate, and vaguely disrespect staff. You would hate to work for the front of house manager, hard to please, and doesn't give praise due.
Pros
Sections, Tips, Co-workers are nice
Cons
Management, Tips
Great starting job, nothing permanent
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2016
I have been at my current location for three years (in August of this year). I am currently a hostess and give my position my all every shift. I have been told by many managers that I help keep the restaurant going. However, there is no room for advancement and they would rather hire from outside the company instead of giving the employees a chance to advance, and that is the opposite of what their mission statement says. If your employees enjoy working for the company, why not give them the chance to do more? Management is mediocre at best (especially the GM). Only reason I have stayed as long as I have is because of my team members, who I love dearly.
Pros
50% off, team members, flexible hours
Cons
No advancement, employees are not looked after, everyone is just a number
When I worked there it started getting worse and worse
Assistant Kitchen Manger (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 8, 2016
Didn't like it at the end. Loved the people I worked with. Loved the fast pace environment and menu. Great food. Staff wasn't motivated and wasn't engaged. But a lot of turnover
Pros
Benefits, took care of managers, great concept
Cons
turnover in corporate and managers. But hey, that's restaurants for you
Fun, fast-paced, but typical restaurant environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 27, 2015
Fast-paced, can be stressful, but great for learning time-management and multi-tasking skills. Management changes a lot, so be prepared for changes in the workplace. Great for flexible work shifts.
Pros
50% employee discount on food, benefits for full-time employees
well managed and organized company allows employees flexibility
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CONovember 10, 2015
Great place to work. Believes in work/life balance. Paid holidays, flexible schedules, cares about employees. Allows children to come to work when employees need it in a pinch. Appreciates and understands the extra work employees put in.
Pros
flexibility, monthly paid lunches, good benefits, paid holidays
Cons
uses contract labor for a large portion of staff
Culture is why we stay
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 12, 2016
Started as an hourly Team member and advanced to Salary. The overall culture is why i have stayed until now. As a manager you are truly just a number and can be easily forgotten about.
A great company for growth and development
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bricktown, NJMarch 25, 2016
Red Robin is an amazing company that hires right, trains hard, and works easy. I've been working in restaurants since I graduated college, but I have never experience anything like Red Robin. I've worked with some of the most caring and personable managers and hard-working, dedicated team members. The last 4 years was more like a journey with family than a place of employment. I learned how to be a great teacher and an even greater leader. I made connections with people that I never thought I would and made positive impacts on their lives that they can now share with others.
Pros
Great pay and great people with a top in class culture.
Cons
Uncontrollable work hours and no overtime for management positions.
Nice clean kitchen
Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 13, 2016
Very fast pace great people and food. Got a raise moved up in my position. I learn how to train an run a kitchen. Meet alot of great people.
great place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halfmoon, NYDecember 4, 2015
Loved working for the company. The company as a whole is great. The employees at that location had no respect for others and management.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
never had the opportunity to work morning shifts
Poorly Managed
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMarch 31, 2016
No rotation. Your tables depend on the age of the guests. If they have children, they go to the Family section. If they're between 12-21, they go to the Gathering section. If they're over 21, they're sat in Cocktail. If, as a server, you are assigned to a Family section but no children come through the door, you don't get any tables while your coworker in Gathering is getting overwhelmed. There's no server support by the management. Promises are made and you'll go to the table and the promises haven't been fulfilled. You'll be micromanaged and badgered, forced to sell beverages, appetizers, desserts, and their club membership and graded on these things. If you aren't able to force your guests to buy these things, you don't work. It doesn't matter how strong you are, if your percentages aren't high enough, and their goals are unfairly high, they take your shifts. Terrible management, terrible corporation.
Decent to work for
Host & ToGo (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 8, 2016
Working in the food industry is very straight forward for the most part. You have to put on a smile and help the customer in every way possible. Very standard, yet fun restaurant experience. I love that the employees are allowed to express themselves via hair styles/colors, piercings, and visible tattoos. For the most part, a very positive environment. My main problems were the lack of communication between managers and the excessive onboarding. Most are given only 2 or 3 shifts a week, in which most of the time, you don't work over 4 hours. It just doesn't feel worth it to work that little for the type of work you do if you're trying to make a living wage. Perfect for a part time job for a student.
Pros
Positive Environment, Helpful Managers
Cons
Few shifts, Lack of Communication
meh..It's not Mickey D's
line cook (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJune 19, 2015
It's hard work. Period. It's to be expected in this business. However. And that's a however..there is no compensation for hard work, doing multiple jobs (even though the primary job you were hired for; You Rarely ever do. Unless of course it's someone's day off, or they just happen to have an extra day on the schedule.) Suiting up and showing up everyday, Rareky, did I hear praise. Lots of criticism. Management is lacking. It was very hard to get a hold of anyone before the store opened, very hard to get ahold of anyone during off-peak hours. Staff in hoh is wonderful. We work really hard and make it happen when we're smashed on the line. That makes it all worth while. Foh always seems stressed and fearful of "numbers"& stats. They are rude and unforgiving because I think of this constant "sell,sell, sell" attitude environment.Makes everyone nervous, and anticipating.

All in all..its not Mickey D's..but it couldn't be that much more different.
Pros
Line cooks eat free
Cons
no medical, long hours, no hours, part time or full time you won't go beyond a certain dollar amount. Poor management..
productive, fast paced, fun environment
Cocktail waitress (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 3, 2016
A typical day at work is going in at 3 pm, getting out as late as midnight. I learned no matter how great of a server you are, the money you make is 95% of tips, and that's not always ideal and probably the hardest part about being a server. My Co-workers are awesome, self motivated individuals who will help in need, and is a big part of loving my job at RR. Management at Red Robin is great and in all fair. I most enjoy having cash in my pocket every night and all my regulars who come and see me!!
Pros
Cash in hand everynight, and free food:)
Cons
No matter how great of a server you are, tips dont always show that
Fun work place that was very family-oiented.
Lead Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed hosting at Red Robin. I would greet guests in a friendly manner and would seat them according to the rotation. I also served there for a while. I enjoy serving but I am looking for a career with steady, reliable hours and income. On certain days, I would make the amount of money I was hoping to make, but it is so unpredictable working in a restaurant. I would like more predictable hours and a steady income,
Pros
Interact with guests and making them feel welcomed.
Cons
Unpredictable hours and income.
Fun enviroment
Certified Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2016
I started at Red Robin when I was just 17 years old, I quickly went from Hostess to Server, and was trained in every position. I worked hard there for 10 years, seeing management come and go. Long days, busy shifts, decent money. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the co-workers who slacked off, easiest part of the job was the customers. I'm such a people person that I could make friends with anybody, and quickly had the most "regulars" in the entire restaurant. Shifts became more and more like a family gathering.
Pros
Senority
Cons
No healthcare, worked weekends for 10 years
Decent Place to Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WAJuly 9, 2015
I thought overall that Red Robin was an OK place to work. What I liked most about the job was my co-workers. Most of the people that work at Red Robin are younger so it is more upbeat. I also liked the food there as well, and we would get meals for free or 50% off. Management was the reason why I left. When I started working there I loved the management staff but over the years managers changed and eventually I grew to loathe the management staff which is why I left. If you like your co-workers and managers then it is a fun place to work at, but if you don't you will hate the job.
Pros
Cool co-workers and yummy discounted food.
Cons
No benefits, poor management
Environment
Lead Cook/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WAAugust 12, 2015
Red Robin is an okay place to work, but there are a lot of things that could change. Our new CEO only cares about money. His hard working reliable employees deserve to be treated better and get raises at least upon accomplishments, which they don't. It is fun working there and I like the people I work with. But that's it.
Pros
Free food, tips when I Expo
Cons
Bad ideas being brought to this corporation affecting everyone in it