Red Robin Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,076 reviews matching the search
Slightly better than burger king.
Cook/server (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 21, 2016
The corporate rules and regulations make this job much worse than it needs to be. Generally understaffed and the few good workers are run down fast. The employees are generally nice but the atmosphere is not so great.
Fun always something to do
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 20, 2016
Management was great very helpful in teaching what was to be done and when to do by. Co worker very helpful in leaning who to ask for help and customers were friendly and not many complaints about service
Pros
Great helpful co workers
Cons
Promise 10 at hire time and ended up not getting it got 1.50 less
A great place for me to learn the true meaning of Customer Service
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 19, 2016
Red Robin opened my eyes to what it meant to give good customer service. I worked very hard and overcame any challenges that were presented. I discovered that within myself I was patient, kind, hard-working, dynamic, and a quick learner in a fast paced environment.
OK place to work good benifits
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2016
Red Robin is a great company to work for but their strict labor hours will drive a line cook insane at time for example they will have no problem leaving you on line by yourself with 30 menus open!
Pros
Free Burgers
Cons
Labor
Great for serving and customer service experience
Server (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 18, 2016
Fun environment to work in great co workers, and a fast place environment to work in, being able to gain tons of knowledge in the restaurant business
No fun
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJuly 18, 2016
Horrible managers I have nothing nice to say. Kitchen is slow. Food is bleh. I loved my coworkers though :)
Pros
Liking my co workers
Cons
Management is horrible
UpBeat
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJuly 17, 2016
Loved how upbeat the management was and always willing to lend a helping hand to their employees. Worked in a fast paced atmosphere!
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to build skills in the cooking industry.
Food Preparation Chef (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2016
Great environment, great management and great co-workers make Red Robin such a great place to learn and grow as a chef. I would recommend it to any aspiring cooks.
Family friendly and professional
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85284July 11, 2016
Through my experience here, management is very disorganized followed by no room to grow or expand knowledge in different positions. None to very minimal communication between hospitality team and management.
Pros
Management accomidates to guest's needs.
Cons
short breaks, no safe place to keep personal items, poor management
Fun work environment, poor scheduling
LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Rib Mountain, WIJuly 10, 2016
Fun to work with everyone there, the management cant schedule anyone efficiently. Kitchen is very small, the Building was not planned out very well.
Pros
free meals every shift.
Cons
poor scheduling.
Fun workplace
Front of House Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2016
I loved working here. I learned a lot about customer service and the management team kept me motivated and happy. My co-workers became some of my closest friends.
fun college job
Server, Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 7, 2016
This was a job for young folks to work at, in a quick, loud atmosphere. Floor managing was challenging with the turnover we had within the restaurant
productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 7, 2016
Red Robin was a very friendly environment. Management was always up to par, looking to help if need be. I'd say the most enjoyable part was watching the look on children's face's when they got a balloon!
not that great
Server (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 6, 2016
at first the job is really fun until you actually start to see that management doesn't communicate with one another so your schedule is always wrong and one manager would tell you something but another manager would tell you something else. it was confusing and hectic
Team Members, Guests, Stock Holders... In that order
Front of the House & Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJuly 6, 2016
The Culture of Red Robin is what led me to seek employment there. They grow from within, promote team work, their food safety and sanitation levels are the highest in the Casual Dining industry, this is their culture and I was fortunate to be trained by the best.
Pros
Good innovative company
Cons
Being transferred without choice. New GM not a good fit.
not bad for a first job
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 5, 2016
Not a bad job for someone starting out. although the management got worse over time and the turnover ratios were ridiculous. they hardly promote within and always cut people hours.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours. poor mgmt
Management with Red RObin
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJuly 5, 2016
Outstanding company with vales like no other, I would recommend management with Red Robin for anyone looking to continue to grow in the restaurant industry. They hold standards like no other company i have worked for; specifically the franchise group LVRG.
Productive work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  South Elgin, ILJuly 4, 2016
Everyday was a very productive day at Red Robin, which i liked very much. I was always busy and there was rarely ever a dual moment. This made my shifts go by very fast and our team was very much like a family. A hard part about my job would be getting people to go the extra mile to benefit the shift. This job was very demanding and a very high intensive work place, and sometimes it would be hard for everyone to keep up. Overall, I enjoyed my 5 years working for Red Robin.
Fast-paced, uncaring workplace with poor management
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 2, 2016
Overall kind people, but poor scheduling abilities. Would call at the beginning of week and wouldn't hear back about my schedule until the day was missed. I would then be punished for their lack of communication with their staff. Easy serving position though, due to little customer traffic.
Great and fun place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2016
As a cook a day here could get very stressful with the amount of customers. However everyone worked very hard and very well together. Everyone was happy and having a good time but also making sure we were doing the best job possible. The managers did a good job at managing but also doing just as much if not more work. The hardest part of my job was the waves of people and the most enjoyable part was the people I was able to work with.