Red Robin Employee Reviews

Found 1,190 reviews matching the search
Server (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIDecember 1, 2016
I love working here! The people are great and very accepting, its like one big family! Managers and co-workers are always helping you strive for your best.
Everyone acts as a team there.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 1, 2016
It is a good work environment for entry level cooks. Everyone helps out each other same with management. Good place to work if looking for a part-time job.
Cons
Part-time job
Its very team oriented
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 1, 2016
I very much enjoy the team I work with. Everyone is very helpful, definitely team players. When we get slammed, we all got each others backs.
Pros
Early out times
Cons
Management needs improvement
Very fun and good place to work.
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 1, 2016
Very fun and good place to work. Enjoyable staff and crew members. Great teamwork and great atmosphere. Everyday I had to interact with and get along with crew members and customers. My job was to keep the kitchen productive and the food servers happy while washing dishes and cleaning tables. I learned how to clean dishes properly while using proper cleaning techniques and operating in an efficient safe manner. I learned about food born illness symptoms and how important it is to wash your hands in warm water with soap and how long the proper procedure needs to be done. The management was not very good and a bit unprofessional. The hardest part of the job was not walking off of the job after being screamed at and yelled at by the general manager as he was cussing me out while other crew members were able to hear his poor form of disciplinary action upon me. It was pretty hard to show up to work the next day and everyday after that because I never called in sick the entire time I worked for them which was 29 months.
Pros
Free order of certain menu items.
Cons
Short breaks
Great Job!!
Cook (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 30, 2016
Decent Job the pay is questionable in the heart of the kitchen other than that great company great people!! Great Experience!!
yes.was very fun.and excited
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CANovember 30, 2016
I did really love this place. Because I work with a lot of energy every day. Happy. Always smiling. On.time.doing everything to have.a good day.it.was very good experience. .this place hive me alot of opinion. To grow up. As person. But . every time it something. That mess up. .but was very good to me.i miss this place so much. .
Pros
free lunch or dinner
Cons
regular break always
Fast Paced, Great Cuture
Waitress/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 28, 2016
Red Robin corporate sectors are very well organized and set forth guidelines which if followed would pave the way for a great company. However working for a franchise can at times prove to be difficult.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Franchise can be run by anyone
Productive and busy
Cook (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYNovember 25, 2016
Very busy . Hectic . i feel like i was able to have a higher position and needed an increase of pay due to my experience with cooking. but i wasnt given that so i quit.
Good food
Server (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 22, 2016
Everyone there is generally pretty good people. I like the food there as well. Depending on location you can make a good amount of money there. The restaurants are usually always clean.
Fun friendly environment
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 18, 2016
Company changes alot but they really try to take care of their employees, there are always opportunities for advancement if you want, and the money is great
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Communication
Fast paced work enviroment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 17, 2016
I don't really have anything bad to say. Great place to work for certain people but I'm looking to advance into better opportunities outside of the restaurant industry. I'm looking for a job that can turn into a career and most importantly have something I'm doing for a living that I can be passionate about and believe in.
Fast, friendly work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 17, 2016
Like any other restaurant, Red Robin is a fast paced, family friendly, place to work! Management was strict. Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Unorganized , unsaintary
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHNovember 15, 2016
They didn't want to train for the position placed in which was not the position I applied for. They set you up to lose in the given situation where they have a quick turn around so people don't matter to them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No hours
Great people great place!
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2016
the people here are great, management rocks, and i enjoy going to work. we make great food every day for hundreds of guests. its a huge challenge but I learn new things every day.
Pros
free lunch, positive environment
Cons
short breaks, difficult!
Days feel long and are tough
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTNovember 14, 2016
You are on your feet the entire time. You have to look happy even when you are not and deal with customers whether they are happy or not.
Pros
Free meal each shift
Cons
Being on your feet the entire shift
Productive fun workplace
Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2016
I had the most experience being a runner at red Robin iblearnd about being fast and friendly while also giving great customer service while dealing with moody customers
Red Robin
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NH 03103November 11, 2016
Good restaurant but attracts a certain type of crowd, not really my ideal dinner setting. More of a famiy place than chill area
Great place for college kids
Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PANovember 11, 2016
This is a great company, The staff is great to work with. Very family oriented. Management is patient and willing to work with young staff. The company is willing to work with you when you want to re-locate.
It is what you make of it, really.
Shift Manager/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 10, 2016
Typical restaurant job. Very fun and enjoyable staff, you make a lot of lasting friendships. Compensation is what you make of it, you can work as little of as much as you want, making work/life balance easy. I have a lot of fun when things run smoothly however, management can be slow to take action so things rarely run smoothly. There's plenty of room for advancement if you work hard and perform well in your current position.
Pros
Flexibility, pay, culture
Cons
management
Server (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 10, 2016
Made me a sharp thinker, very productive, and taught me phenomenal communication skills. Fast on my feet and great teamwork abilities. Confident in whatever I do.