Red Rock Behavioral Health Services Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 29, 2017
You were really able to help every client you came into contact with, and the community at the same time. I truly was a fantastic place to work. I loved every minute of it!
I have enjoyed working here.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 18, 2017
I have enjoyed working here. I would not be leaving if not needing a internship to complete school. I even hope to stay on part-time or return after graduation.
Childrens Therapist
Family & Marital Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 30, 2017
Red Rock was a wonderful and healthy place to work. The staff was supported by management. While the pay was not the greatest, the work milieu was family like and highly supportive. Great Place to work!
Pros
Incredibly Wonderful staff and work environment
Cons
Average Salary
Na
Adult Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 7, 2017
Red Rock Mental Health Services is a good start for those who is thinking about working in the mental health field. I no problems working there for the short amount of time. It is a fast pace so you must stay on your toes when dealing with clients and paperwork. You will have good and bad days.
Not a good place to work at all.
Lead Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 30, 2017
They do not want to pay you what you are worth. They do not give you no more than a 10 cent to a 50 cent raise. They are very unprofessional, and careless about there staff as well as there client's. They expect so much from you, but give so little.
Pros
Paid Health Insurance.
Cons
How they treat there staff.
Do not apply to this company
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKMarch 21, 2017
Red Rock prides themselves on being the best mental health agency in Oklahoma. Not true at all. Red Rock lies, cheats, and steals in order to get exactly what they want. Management is verbally and emotionally abusive, and HR doesn't care one bit. Please, no matter how desperate you are for a job; DO NOT APPLY to this facility!
Pros
Paid benefits
Cons
Everything else
Fun
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 2, 2017
I enjoyed working as a mental health tech. You never know what's going to happen day by day. The clients make it a fun experience.
How can you treat depression if your job depresses you?
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 15, 2017
Working at Red Rock is life sucking. You go in, and your position says you work from 9-5 but really you work from 9 to whenever you finish your job, which sometimes could be 8 pm. They accept walk ins so don't expect to ever get out early. Management doesn't care about you, or the pt. they only care about their top dollar. All in all, I wouldn't do it. The only good thing was the insurance, but when your job causes you health problems, I guess they need good insurance to insure you keep coming in.
Pros
Free Lunches every now and then
Cons
everything else
Awesome place to work and everyday you look forward to going to work being able to serve the individuals who need your services.
Director (Current Employee) –  Red Rock Behavioral Health ServicesDecember 17, 2016
I am always amazed by how accessible upper management is and they really listen to your needs. The Behavioral Health field is a complex environment to work in and it helps tremendously when you feel that you are supported in your work. The staff overall or very compassionate and helpful to both clients and other staff members. The benefits are comparable to any in the state and you also receive two yearly bonuses that are greatly appreciated. I would tell anyone who is starting out in their career this agency appreciates and rewards good employees. I wish that I had known earlier in my career how rewarding it would be to work for a company that is committed to the services they provide and the employees that they hire. Red Rock is a state of the art company with the best professionals working in this field today.
Pros
Excellent work environment, great benefits, supportive upper management
Good Benefits and Opportunities for Professional Growth
Housing Manager, Housing Program (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 8, 2016
I have worked with Red Rock for 17 years in various positions within the company. I started working in outpatient as an administrative assistant while I was working on my Bachelor's Degree. Upon graduation, I was given the opportunity to advance to a clinical position providing case management services in the Canadian County office. Since then I have held two other positions with Red Rock in the housing program. Red Rock has provided me with different experiences and learning opportunities through various positions which has given me the opportunity to build my skills as a professional. I have always felt support, been made to feel that I was valuable, and treated well by my immediate supervisors and those within upper management. I have enjoyed working with my co-workers and feel that we always worked as a team to get things completed. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see the impact and difference that you make in the life of another individual. The hardest part of the job to some degree is learning how to deal with clients different personalities and learning not to take things personally that happen during the day. Red Rock has good benefits and has been a great employer. I would encourage anyone to come and work for Red Rock.
Pros
Good Benefits, Opportunities for Professional Growth
Cons
lots of paperwork in a clinical position, but that's to be expected
challenging, motivating and inspiring place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  housingDecember 7, 2016
I have only been working for Red Rock about a year and a half and I must say "THIS IS AS CLOSE TO FAMILY AS IT CAN GET" . since I first started I have received birthday cards Christmas cards and bonuses and complementary rewards of my work. my boss always tells me how much she appreciates me and when I go to corporate building people know me by my name and not by HEY YOU! its nice to come to work and not only feel appreciated but feel like family. we all participate in helping each other out to the best of our ability. is this a great place to work? YES! and its even better if you take advantage of all the benefits this company has to offer. from insurance, educational help to tickets for the zoo / museum. the only way you would not enjoy working here is if you don't enjoy working at all.
Pros
free tickets to the museum, zoo free flu shots
Cons
24 hr on call
"let go" without warning
Outpatient Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Western , OKDecember 6, 2016
Absolutely loved my job and I excelled in it. I was able to motivate clients in their recovery and in the community. My paperwork was excellent. Was give a raise and a fantastic yearly review and then three months later with never once been given a warning about doing anything wrong or given any corrective action, was told I was no longer needed and let go...
My coworker were great, loved my job. This company has a reputation for poor training. And it is absolutely poor. My philosophy is if a company is always hiring a ton of people, there's a reason for that!! They'll have you running a program and not give you any training over it, and half the time they didn't even know themselves how to do things right. They care less about their employees than any other agency I have worked for, and most certainly don't care about the clients. They also focus a lot on the city locations and let the rural locations fend for themselves. Even after a gun being pulled at a rural location a couple years ago they didn't invest in any safety measures, but they sure beefed up security at the okc locations. The location in Kingfisher isn't even handicap accessible, the bathrooms are too small and narrow to fit a wheel chair in and there are no rails... they would be a great company to work for if they were more person centered and respected the rural locations as much as the city ones.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
unpredictable employment
Regional Program Director (Current Employee) –  Clinton, OKDecember 5, 2016
I've been employed for 15 years and worked in every clinical position. It's a great place to better your skills and grow in your profession. Teamwork is a must. Very rewarding in helping clients. Benefits are well above other agencies with free annual trainings and supervision for LPC. I have been in Nation Health Service Corp to pay for my student loans as an LPC. Company is dedicated to innovation, excellent client care, and highest standard of clinical practice. Red Rock is a financially stable organization that rewards for quality work despite poor state economy.
Difficult job but good place to work
Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKDecember 5, 2016
Red Rock is a company that requires hard work and high standards and they know it--it's a "Type A facility" as some staff have joked. This makes it difficult to stay on top of things-sometimes extremely difficult. Not to mention DMH rules and regulations complicate it. However, to say that they only care about billing and the hours you work is wrong. I had the CEO open a door for me with her hands full of stuff when I had nothing in my hands...even though I said I would get it. How many CEOs would do that? Asking them to know every single employee is unreasonable. Red Rock has up to 500 employees in several different locations across the state. I think for the size of the agency, they do a good job of making me feel valued. The benefits are outstanding and the environment, while it could be improved, is not terrible. It is very hard to balance job life and home life and sometimes "self care" feels like a complete joke and it can feel like the company's fault somehow. Realistically though, boundaries like that are up to each individual clinician. Red Rock allows for clinicians to have boundaries and say what is too much or what isn't (as long as you're doing your basic job duties and getting them done). It's just hard for a lot of clinicians to say no to extra things that are thrown their way. Ultimately self care is up to the clinician, not the agency. Not to sound harsh but they are not babysitting us--they are employing us. All in all, I have my disgruntled days...but at the end of feeling cranky due to work, I end up realizing that Red Rock, all things considered, is probably  more... the best community mental health agency to work in currently.  less
Pros
Great benefits, caring staff, upper management is humble and down to earth
Cons
Stressful due to the nature of the field
Regional Program Director (Current Employee) –  Canadian County, OKDecember 2, 2016
I've worked for Red Rock BHS for over 12 years and I love it, coworkers and management is great. Really good benefits and flexible hours, lots and lots of programs and employees are considers first for position openings & new programs. Staff can move around and figure out what position fits best. I've worked at several Red Rock locations and each and every office is wonderfully staffed with professionals who enjoy working with our clients. Red Rock management passes on to their employees the desire and drive and tools to success in all areas. Red Rock management and employees are extremely proud of the services we provide and Red Rock continues to grow and provides job stability to hundreds of Oklahomans.
Pros
Great benefits, hours, management and coworkers
Cons
We need more funding for Mental Health
Very unprofessional work place
Chemical Dependency Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 8, 2016
Jordan's Crossing was the worst place I ever worked at. Clinical staff is very unprofessional. The director looks down on her employees and don't appreciate their hard work. She abuses the Chemical Dependency Techicians she would yell at us in front of clients, and if you don't like it she would change the schedule forcing you to quit. The work environment was very chaotic. (Pros) Working with the clients was great, but the ladies would leave because the environment was becoming dangerous. We started to have fist fights, because their is No structure there. My advice is get the experience, and bounce.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Unprofessional Director, Chaotic work environment
tough place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 14, 2015
managment is all over the place. The clients do not want help and resent you trying to help them. all in all this place sucks the life out of you.
Pros
easy work
Cons
everything else
Company only cares about billing, not the staff or the clients.
Systems of Care (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2015
This company wants you to put your life on hold and work all day and night without appreciation. It's really sad that upper management doesn't even know the employees. The direct management in SOC is a joke it is like being in high school. Upper management should take the time to see what's going on here. If you bill for them, rather you worked hard or not...great, if you work hard for your families and get behind on billing....off with your head!!!
Pros
Health care
Cons
Hours, management, low pay
A step ubove the rest.
Georgia Ramsey (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKNovember 23, 2015
Working for Red Rock and with the population in mental health has been very rewarding. Red Rock is an inovative company that does its best to stay ahead of the upcoming changes and make the transition as smooth as possible.
Cons
They do not have an office in the Ada area.
A typical day at Red Rock BHS
Health Home Liaison (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 23, 2015
I have learned a lot with the enviroment I serve. Each day I realize how blessed we are to say that we are employed, have a roof over our heads, have food to eat, etc. Each day is always different with new things arising.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
the negativity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Rock Behavioral Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Red Rock Behavioral Health Services Reviews by Location