Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive Work Place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Great employers, I enjoyed working there very much. Guest were always polite. Also, I learned on taking on different tasks at once, and the importance of staying organized and completing your duties at the same.
Quick paced and stressful
Asst. Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 21, 2018
I liked my job at the Red Roof unfortunately as a housekeeper the pay was not enough the work was hard and not everyone was as friendly as one would hope overall an ok place to work.
Ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 20, 2018
Working at Red Roof inn was a great job. The only things that made it not a great place to work is when other workers go against you. But that's life, if I had a chance would I go back yes I would. I love that job.
Always to remember... A place to be... Family like
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAFebruary 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for the Red Roofs for a little over 2 years... For the most theres good employees, specially housekeepers. This Red Roof West Spfld MA in particular had a great GM that unfortunately passed away. Rip Jim. Always remembering you in my heart. 💝 Love the Red Roof family.
work place was hostel from the manger
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 12, 2018
The manger drink all the time smell it on his breath, you could not talk to him about anything. He bully women that work there, it was his way or the highway
Red Roof
General Manager / Floating Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Great place to work. It has everything a person needs to succeed in thier endevors. Long hours but rewarding. Life work balance is the issue. #1 in the economy segment
Pros
great benefits
Cons
life / work balance
fun workplace
Housekeeping, (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 8, 2018
I love my job at redroof I would love to work their againg peoplewas friendly my boss was cool and the guest left me tips if I can I will do it all over
great experience
FRONT DESK ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2018
While working for Red Roof, I was able to learn a lot of new skills. It was my first job out of high school. I was learning a lot. I grew a better understanding and respect for people who work in the Hotel and Hospitality field.
red roof
Front Desk/Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 8, 2018
It was great working at the red roof inn, while going to school. it was always busy and fast moving environment.
Management was great and did a great job running red roof inn.
positive work place
Front Desk Clerk Febuarary (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 7, 2018
It was a basic job position that didn't need to much training except for the system. I would recommend to anyone. I was working 3rd shift which was the night audit so it was slower but the day shift was nice.
Positive attitude
Executive (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOFebruary 6, 2018
Assign rooms to room attendants, quick meeting, send them up. Meet with laundry and house person, inform them what to expect for the day. Meeting with other managers and GM. Provide room attendants with supplies. Inspect vacant ready not used rooms. Start inspecting vacant ready rooms that have been cleaned that day. Inspect hallways, stairwells and public area. Greeting customers, guests. The best part is when guest tells you how satisfied they are with services. The hardest is when they are not satisfied and you cannot do anything about it ( something just broke or stopped working in the room and no more vacant rooms: water heater, window, pipe in the bathroom, ceiling leaking..) - because we are sold out. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you accomplish your goal; passing QA inspection, working as a team on extremely busy days and you see happy faces of the guests and employees on the end of the day; or when employees sharing information about guests who had good experience, or bad experience and we successfully fixed it! Learned that customer is the most important part of any kind of job, we always have to work hard to keep them and make them to return to us, to provide exceptional customer service. Things can broke, mistakes can happen, how we handle it, that counts.
Pros
Free lunche
Cons
Short breaks, Healthcare
red roof inn
Front desk, night clerk (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 5, 2018
much better work environment than other motels i've worked at. my job ended do to a health issue, so i honestly feel i'd still be there had i not had the health condition i was diagnosed with.
Productive and fast-paced
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 3, 2018
Management was really good. Would get help from all employees and employers. Manager would give rides home if needed. Was close by. Free lunch. Paid Vacations.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch, paid vacations
Cons
No heat
Ambiente de trabajo agradable
Chamber Maid (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 3, 2018
un dia tipico del trabajo es muy agradable
aprendi lo tipico que tengo que aprender me enseñaron y entrenaron para ser chamber maid
lo que me gusto del trabajo es que es perfecto para mi ya que yo adoro la limpieza y que todo este limpio
Cons
a veces te dan mas de 20 habitaciones por dia
Great Place
Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAFebruary 1, 2018
It was easy, the linen was always there, you never had to wait for anything. we got healthy bonuses year round. We, always, have meetings on whats next, and, how do we feel about the company. Our, Gm was always checking on the housekeepers to see was we ok, or did we need anything, and, tell us how much we were apppreciated
Pros
Good food
Cons
Everyone was important to the company
No complaints
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 1, 2018
My job at Red Roof Inn has been pleasant. The housekeeping staff is excellent and a tight team. It is located in a upcoming part of town, so there was a lot to do in the community.
Total customer relations.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 1, 2018
Each day began eight hour day filled with customer relations plus other employee issues. Constant influx of people, answering phones, and employee issues. I developed a good relationship with my manager and she would rely on me for assistance with various of her duties. The most Intense part of the Job was making sure each customer was satisfied with their visit. I enjoyed my job with red roof inn
Pros
Discounted stays
Cons
Other employees not coming to work.
Fast paced, though repetitive.
Facility Maintenance, Auditor, Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 1, 2018
Red Roof Inn provides a fast paced, sometimes stressful atmosphere that one would expect from a mid class hotel. Upper management expects a lot, which is fair, but can overwhelm you at times. If you pride yourself on being able to handle difficult situations, and are willing to learn constantly, this is a good place to be.
Pros
Discounted rooms for travel, a steady paycheck
Cons
Employee drama
Great Place
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, ND 58601January 31, 2018
Easy going, Great People and Great Managers, always cared about employees and would work with you. The pay was great for the work given. Customers were always happy, you sometimes got the couple who weren't. Was a good and safe environment which Made work enjoyable to go to, not stressful. Gave good Hours.
Decent place to work
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2018
Good place to work with awesome management but does lack in pay as well as benefits. also there isn't much room for growth within the company, they prefer to hire outsiders.