Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews

Red Roof was a great opportunity for me to gain skills and enhance others.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dillon, SCFebruary 22, 2017
It was a great place to work but it had no room for growth and the income level was at a standstill. However, I enjoyed the workplace and environment. I remained there because of the job and not the pay. I was very loyal and dedicated to the job but not for the pay. I enjoyed working the public.
Pros
The workday and hours were great.
Cons
No promotions and no wage increases.
Fun and steady workplace, there is never nothing to do
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 21, 2017
Fun workplace, they pay pretty decently and the hours are desirable seeing as though they are from 8-4. You get paid per hours and then you also make tips.
Pros
easy going work environment
Cons
no breaks
not fun to work for.
Hotel Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 18, 2017
wrong management do not treat empoyees fear does not give us the benefit of dout.they are organized at all the only thing is that the employess where very friendly
positive expereince
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troutville, VAFebruary 14, 2017
positive experience
good management (kind of nosey about your personal life though)
learned a lot
friendly environment
questionable coworkers though
I would work there again
was not pleased
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAFebruary 12, 2017
Didn't pay me for 2 whole works , one which was a Holiday. (Christmas) not enough training, didn't take time to know employees, easy work, easy money, pay was ok
Pros
easy
Cons
bad management
Poor Ownership
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 9, 2017
I made this Company its first One Million Dollars in my first year as General Manager and also dropped their Customer Complaints to Zero and was promised a Salary and Bonuses that I never received!! I was threatened many times by the Owner that He would terminate all my staff every time He came from his Out of town home and would find one issue out of place. He was very intimidating and rude and not appreciative at all of our hard work!!
Pros
Great returning Customers and great Employees working for Me!!
Cons
Ownership and unfound promises
Just a learning exp
Night Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Just a live and learn,learning exp is all.Management was horrible, and disrespectful and very shady. way too much drama.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
Management was horrible, and disrespctful and very shaddy. way too much drama.
Old hotel
Front Desk / Manager In Training (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 9, 2017
There are many problems with the property.
Many of the rooms are closed down.
The property does not meet the guests' standards.
The police need to be called in regularly.
coming from an employee...
Guest Service Representative/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 4, 2017
I love my job but think I do not make enough money for what I work for. I belive that I did not have a fair run being that my general manager never listened to the employees concerns
Pros
Lunch is paid if you work at the front desk
Cons
you can not leave to go get a hot lunch if you work at the desk
fun place to work at.
Housekeeping/laundry (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 4, 2017
the place is ok. the people were nice snd the manager wad understanding.the place wad clean. the janitor didnt do his work. the house keeper s had yo do it sometimes. but overall its a ok place yo work at
Front deak
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 30, 2017
I love working there! I love to type. It was a easy job! Love checking people in and out! I would work at a hotel again! Managers was really nice . the people I work with was great.
job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Troy, ILJanuary 30, 2017
was great when i worked their but their are new owner and they are more about having their famliy work their it still is a good job with good people and a nice hotel
Pros
people
Cons
pay
cheap hard work
Housekeeper/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 30, 2017
the regulations and actual work isn't so bad, however the pay is not worth the work. you get paid minimally to do several jobs and work long hours. it could be made easier by management but is not due to "costs".
Quiet easy going workplace with very friendly staff
GSR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2017
Easy to find rooms very easy getting around and a good work environment staff is always available to help and willing to help there is always something to do.
easy and smooth work environment
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAJanuary 28, 2017
Learned basic skills on guest support and how to welcome them in a nice way. Easy going job not a lot of work. Meeting all kinds of new people from different areas.
The pay sucks. The job is good. I love the homey feeling of the hotel and the people are great to work with. Even the Manager are great.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 24, 2017
It's the pay it sucks around here ten dollars an hour for all that an employee has to do. No rashes just gift card. No bonuses from the company just gift cards to the Walmart. I don't get it. No wonder they can't keep no one here. I'm not complaining about the work but I just applied to front desk, at ten dollars an hour but for the work that gone with front desk is wrong for the money.
Pros
Work hours the work all good
Cons
The pay
It was okay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 22, 2017
It was okay working there. The people that I work was very helpful and polite. The manager was good too. So iwill go back if they ask me too. The company could approve.
Pros
HOUR LUNCH
Cons
SHORT HOURS
ok workplace
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23455January 22, 2017
typical day at work was ok it really a job i was pleased with having but it was a job..really learned people that management thier own business really do not care to much about keeping the maintenance up..management was not what i expected and the workplace culture ok the hardest part of the job was getting the cart loaded and getting it back to the floor that you were working on that day...
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive Work Place for Traveler's to stay.
Maid & Head House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Gallup, NM 87301January 21, 2017
Clock In, checking rooms, schedule rooms, list of stuff replace, get with team, hand out schedule list, help maid take sheets, pillow case, towels, help laundry department to get day started. Get with maintenance crew on what needs to be fix.Lunch is only 30 minutes for full time and breaks for part time workers. Inspect rooms before leaving and update management. Clock out and head home.
Pros
Management would have snacks for works on breaks.
Cons
Short Break through out the day.
Great work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ronks, PAJanuary 20, 2017
Very clean place and great services rooms and beds are very clean customer service is great everything works and runs great most of the rooms are remodeled
Pros
Free breakfast, coffee, cable, Wi-Fi
Cons
15 min break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Roof Inns, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9