Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews

rri
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 12, 2015
I liked it in the beginning, nut i slowly grew to understand that there was a lot of favoritism going on among the four employees. schedule and pay were not very fair. i did learn something here i will say, i learned that the best way to accomplish anything in a work place you must keep business and pleasure separate. The hardest thing for me at this job was dealing with he said she said. But over all I loved the fast pace part of the mornings with checking in and checking out.
Pros
n/a
Cons
couldn't leave for breaks, last minute schedules and changes to schedule.
Interesting workplace with well rounded range of different cultures
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2015
The everyday of work at the Airport Location always started out in a fast paced mode. Which caused an individual to be a quick study, if not you would be left behind. Team work is a must! Gained knowledge in the importance of attention to detail... If one failed the team failed. The co-workers were of different walks of life. The attitudes are of night and day, however they all possess pros and cons. None of the attitude are extreme that can't be tolerated. The hardest part of the job were the shifts. It made life and the daily goings on hard to handle especially if you have children. Period! I'm not one to just roll over and give up. But the times of the SHIFTS are hard. The most favorable part of the job where to people. Loved to converse and hear the wide range of story that floated in. Would miss this type of work.
Pros
Free Food, Independent shift, Friendly work enviroment
Cons
Short Breaks, Times of shifts
very productive and face pace environment
Guest Service Representative/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 6, 2015
a typical day at work includes about 30+ customers that has to be processed in and out of the computer audit. sweeping, moping and sanitizing in between that. Pretty fast and constructive day to say the least.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
healthcare benefits and low rate pay
easy
Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 3, 2015
This job is relatively easy, and requires good people skills. The actual work is not challenging, but it can get a little hectic if busy
Good hotel to work for
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2015
Red Roof Inn is a smaller chain of hotels that are good to work for. Each hotel is individually owned and operated. The chain is considered to be a budget hotel. The personnel that I worked with at the Northwest Houston location was the best team!!!
A good place to work, with flexable hours.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MISeptember 29, 2015
Management was very supportive, the best part of the job was the customers, the hardest part was dealing with the animals. Red Roof Inn is a pet friendly hotel. I had severe allergies to dogs.
Pros
Flexible hours, good management
Cons
The animals.
fun workplace
Front Desk/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILSeptember 18, 2015
love meeting new people from all over and all of my co workers. i love my hours. love helping people get what they need. love the location and that it is a very nice hotel.
Pros
meeting new clients
Cons
pay
Accounts Payable Representative
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2015
Processing invoices and check request. That was about it except for a few calls from vendors on past due payments. Got laid off in 2010 few days before my birthday so guess they made sure I did not get present.

Co-workers were okay, did not make too many real people there.
Hardest part of the job was drama and the most enjoyable part was the evening I got laid off, it was relief.
Pros
Work was quite easy
Cons
Needed changes in management
Red Roof
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 8, 2015
I worked for a Franchisee and it was horrible.
Red Roof Corporate Properties seem to be great! Some of the best in the hotel business!
Pros
Great for Corporate Employees
Cons
Bad for Franchise Employees
Just a job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 8, 2015
This particular establishment was friendly to guests, however, there was drama amongst the staff. The pay was not desirable for the amount of work or type of work. The management cared more about the bottom line than about what was efficient for the workers. The clientele was overall good. The job was an easy job.
no room for advancement
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 4, 2015
work 6 days a week part time. very little consideration for our personal or family lives. no room for advancement. this job is probably more suiteable for someone retired or not looking for much advancement
EVERYONE GETS ALONG
GSR- GUEST SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 21, 2015
ENJOY WORKING WITH ALL CO WORKERS AND LEARNING FROM THEM. EXCELLENT MANAGER HE IS VERY FARE, AND WILLING TO TEACH WHAT EVER WE ARE WILLING TO LEARN. ALWAYS KIND TO EVERYONE.HE IS VERY UNDERSTANDING AND EASY TO TALK TO. BEST PART OF MY JOB IS THE COMMUNICATION I HAVE WITH PEOLE, ALSO I LIKE WORKING ON MY OWN .
Pros
ABLE TO WORK ON YOUR OWN, AND ENJOY PEOPLE
Cons
NOT ENOUGH PAY OR ANY BENIFITS
good
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  parsippany njAugust 21, 2015
best job ever. i love housekeeping. the customer was great and the pay was great .a typical day at work was just cleaning and greeting clients
unorganized
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 18, 2015
Unorganized Workplace, Poor Management, Hardest Part Was Working Without Elevator. Working Without Enough Linen. Poor Maintenance. Enjoyable Part Was Access To Fast Food Restaurants
Pros
Working With Team Players
Cons
Poor Maintenance and Management, Unorganized
n/w
GM assistance (Former Employee) –  San AntonioAugust 17, 2015
This information will be provided upon request. However, in an overall review the experience was very good. My only notion would be more flexibility in the pay-scale for employees
Productive fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oxen Hill mdAugust 17, 2015
I loved working at the Red Roof Inn, Every morning I get my cart make sure its nice and neat for the day. I loved making my guess happy and I did that by keeping a positive attitude and greeting them well when its time for me to check their room. While working as a housekeeper I learned how to perform my duties at a fast pace but yet timely manner so that I can complete my goal for the day, I am very confident that I've mastered those skills.
Pros
Great Lunch
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks
no comment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 9, 2015
I did not like working at this location. Management was ran poorly. No incentives for employees. The only plus to working at this location for me was the life experience and knowledge of working in the hospitably industry.
Workers are close and work together like a family.
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 26, 2015
I enjoyed working for Red Roof inn. They are a very nice clean hotel and the employees care very much about each other, the well being of the guests, as well as the reputation of the company. There was a very competitive spirit when it came to trying to be better than other local hotels.
It was an ok place to work, nothing really fun about it.
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 24, 2015
I have worked here for more than 6 years and I have done everything including maintence. There were no raises and you were expected to work more than 10 hours without overtime. If I called in sick I was wrote up or he showed up at my house begging and cursing to get me to come in to work while I was sick.
Pros
I loved most of the staff and i, enjoyed working in the laundry.
Cons
The manager was not really professional at all.
Productive place with exceptional guests
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJuly 19, 2015
Typical day at work involved a lot of paperwork, answering phone calls with guest concerns, managing a team of 10 or so people.

I learned how to better communicate with my staff, and to become more in tune with what was going on around me.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with guests who you just couldn't make happy, no matter how hard you tried.

Most enjoyable part of the job was my team. They were focused and hard working.
Pros
meeting new people, working with everyone
Cons
healthcare