Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews

fun place to work at.
Housekeeping/laundry (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 4, 2017
the place is ok. the people were nice snd the manager wad understanding.the place wad clean. the janitor didnt do his work. the house keeper s had yo do it sometimes. but overall its a ok place yo work at
Front deak
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 30, 2017
I love working there! I love to type. It was a easy job! Love checking people in and out! I would work at a hotel again! Managers was really nice . the people I work with was great.
job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Troy, ILJanuary 30, 2017
was great when i worked their but their are new owner and they are more about having their famliy work their it still is a good job with good people and a nice hotel
Pros
people
Cons
pay
cheap hard work
Housekeeper/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 30, 2017
the regulations and actual work isn't so bad, however the pay is not worth the work. you get paid minimally to do several jobs and work long hours. it could be made easier by management but is not due to "costs".
Quiet easy going workplace with very friendly staff
GSR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2017
Easy to find rooms very easy getting around and a good work environment staff is always available to help and willing to help there is always something to do.
easy and smooth work environment
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAJanuary 28, 2017
Learned basic skills on guest support and how to welcome them in a nice way. Easy going job not a lot of work. Meeting all kinds of new people from different areas.
The pay sucks. The job is good. I love the homey feeling of the hotel and the people are great to work with. Even the Manager are great.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 24, 2017
It's the pay it sucks around here ten dollars an hour for all that an employee has to do. No rashes just gift card. No bonuses from the company just gift cards to the Walmart. I don't get it. No wonder they can't keep no one here. I'm not complaining about the work but I just applied to front desk, at ten dollars an hour but for the work that gone with front desk is wrong for the money.
Pros
Work hours the work all good
Cons
The pay
It was okay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 22, 2017
It was okay working there. The people that I work was very helpful and polite. The manager was good too. So iwill go back if they ask me too. The company could approve.
Pros
HOUR LUNCH
Cons
SHORT HOURS
ok workplace
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23455January 22, 2017
typical day at work was ok it really a job i was pleased with having but it was a job..really learned people that management thier own business really do not care to much about keeping the maintenance up..management was not what i expected and the workplace culture ok the hardest part of the job was getting the cart loaded and getting it back to the floor that you were working on that day...
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive Work Place for Traveler's to stay.
Maid & Head House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Gallup, NM 87301January 21, 2017
Clock In, checking rooms, schedule rooms, list of stuff replace, get with team, hand out schedule list, help maid take sheets, pillow case, towels, help laundry department to get day started. Get with maintenance crew on what needs to be fix.Lunch is only 30 minutes for full time and breaks for part time workers. Inspect rooms before leaving and update management. Clock out and head home.
Pros
Management would have snacks for works on breaks.
Cons
Short Break through out the day.
Great work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ronks, PAJanuary 20, 2017
Very clean place and great services rooms and beds are very clean customer service is great everything works and runs great most of the rooms are remodeled
Pros
Free breakfast, coffee, cable, Wi-Fi
Cons
15 min break
Horrible place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Absecon, NJJanuary 15, 2017
Management changed at least twice during my employment. Inappropriate employee/management relationship, dirty hotel, no camara system, no follow thru from management on guest complaints
Pros
stable hours
Cons
different management, pay, not enough staff, no camara system for overnight staff, no follow through of compliants from managers
I enjoyed working and meeting new people at the job site
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  NyJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoy working with the other employees it was a wonderful experience working with the corporation and learning new skills to help my background
Pros
Bringing my own lunch
Cons
I enjoyed my brakes in my health
Fast pace work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Enjoyed my job and enjoyed helping others. Great environment to work in and friendly staff. Very fast pace and time controlled atmosphere.Different situations everyday. must be willing to learn and sometimes teach.
Productive and fun place to work at the red roof inn
House keeper (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALJanuary 10, 2017
I start my day off by getting my list of rooms that are gone or stay over and who is checking out I go pull those rooms and then I start washing everything that I have pulled. I love my manager she is professional and fair and my co worker are fun to be around and we all help each other and we have to make sure we talk BC I have to tell them when a room is ready to be cleaned.. I have learned to work with a team and what it means to listen and keep everyone on the same page.The hardest part of my job is when there is souch to do its more frustrating than hard but I get through it like always... The most enjoyable is to see customers happy with the clean rooms and enjoy the time that they stayed with us...
Pros
Get to enjoy my breaks when i have time between waiting ony stuff to wash or dry..
Cons
WIsh i had better pay thata the only thing..
Housekeeper/Auditor/CSR (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 10, 2017
Great place for advancement from within. Excellent training for all positions. Great management and area management. Working with the public was best part of the job.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
Management positions hard to come by
Good Employers
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working with them, good company and good co-workers!
I am very grateful to have given me this opportunity. Serious and responsible people with their customer.
If i could give 0 stars I would.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 6, 2017
Worst front desk experience ever, very poor management (General Manager) to be specific. Not enough hours. If it was not for our former sales manger nothing would have got done.
Pros
N/A
Cons
EVERYTHING
na
Front Desk Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Falconer, NYJanuary 5, 2017
It was the perfect job to do while in college. the hours worked great and I met a lot of interesting people. Training was great and all my co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
Nice experience
Front Desk and Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTDecember 27, 2016
I enjoyed interacting with the staff and management. Worked well with guests checking in and out. worked as night auditor on weekends and got the day ready for housekeepers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Roof Inns, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9