Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews

Structured and consistent work
Skilled Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 3, 2017
typical day at work starts with guest requests, and then you have special projects and your daily duties. I learned a lot about what it takes to be a great leader.
Workplace needed renovations and improvement with employee expansion.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 1, 2017
Hardest part was dealing with the uncertainty of daily job requirements.

Easiest part the ability to live and work at the hotel.

Disputes between FEMA refugees, living in the hotel, and management made daily workload full of uncertainty.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping Associate (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 30, 2017
I enjoyed working with the people. A typical day was not exactly set hours of when you got off work. We worked great as a team to help each other out when needed. Management was pretty good, and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was running out of supplies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the other employees.
Pros
great employees
Cons
running out of supplies
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 28, 2017
The co workers were nice the managers were friendly and the work environment was organized. The break area was neat and clean with a quit sitting area.
Pros
The boss brings lunch.
Cons
Short breaks.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Absecon, NJOctober 25, 2017
I love working at Red roof Inn is a good place to work the employer and the guest is wonder work place they r very kind and understand and good place to work and I was lay off and if they call me back I will go back with open arm I love my job they made me feel like family there I love the Red Roof Inn it is a good place to work
Pros
good place to work
Cons
health
They need to pay more
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 24, 2017
They could definitely offer a higher salary, better communication, and management that works with their employees. I am better off without this job, and I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work there.
Fun and fast paced enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAOctober 19, 2017
Great place to work. You can met different kinds of people, get to know about their culture. At the job you can also feel like you with another family.
Pros
meet new people, steady schedule.
Cons
they put you to work on different days without you knowing.
no good
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2017
Hardest part was having to work with too much gossip, not enough working. Most enjoyable thing about this job was clocking out. Too many chiefs & nmot enough Indians.
A serious workplace and not a play area
Night Audit, Asst Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 13, 2017
Working with the company has given me the knowledge of the hotel industry and shown me a lot. Mostly the do's and don't of the business, learning how to talk and listen to the guest were one of the main things I learned with this company. Being responsible on the job, making sure all guest are treated equally and given the same respect we would like from them.
balanced work but not enough pay for excellent work completed
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 12, 2017
balanced work but not enough pay for excellent work completed. turnover rate is high due to employees not receiving adequate pay. general manager is a wonderful boss. she really cares about the business of keeping the inn in tip top cleaning shape
Fun place to work
Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 11, 2017
Excellent place to start your Housekeeping career. Very nice hotel to work with and the managers will work with you. Excellent staff good advancement within your career field.
Pros
Free lunches
A job
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, MOOctober 9, 2017
A place of employment with being so close to home and the drive was only 5 minutes apart. I got work the shift I wanted and the employers were foreigners
Not a good place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 9, 2017
The owners are and Indian family who choose to cut corner at the expense of their workers, but spend and take money for themselves.
No chance what so ever to get promoted with more pay because the family only allows their children or other family members to come in as a manager.
If you are a GM at this property, you are also Sales,front desk, accounting, housekeeping, and security at the same rate of pay.
Pros
No pros
Cons
everything
Fun atmosphere and great team work.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2017
Great culture within the hotel and company, great team work, and ability to make decisions on your own. Flexibility to make and set own hours as needed for hotel needs
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Always open
I don't know
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 2, 2017
A typical day at work, good team of workers and good managers, everybody works together for one goal, workers are very friendly and helpfully, I learned how to work in a Laundry.
Pros
Everybody can make overtime
Cons
only seasonal job
Stellar company to work for!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 1, 2017
As a corporate owned Red Roof Inn until 2015, this was a wonderful place to work. The only reason I left there was because the property was sold to a franchise/individual owner. New ownership didn't offer any benefits and less pay.
Pros
Benefits, pay, management support
Cons
Benefits, poor compensation
n/a
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 28, 2017
This company was a really good company to work for. Overall they value their employees. The General manager is kind and understanding as well as the store manager
Poor Management
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC northwestSeptember 27, 2017
This has been by far the worst hotel I have ever been employed with. The hotel is riddled with mold behind the walls. I enjoyed cleaning however the management didn't appreciate a good strong housekeeper. when I would try to deep clean, she say that I was moving too slow or spending too much time. This place is not a good place to work.
Pros
Cons
Old buildings
Red Roof inn (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GASeptember 27, 2017
i learn not to be friend anyone at any job work places should be more diverse hardest part of the job is being yell at with trying to do your best. Working at red roof in the beginning it was ok but as time progress I was being treated very unfairly I didn't like how everything went it wasn't career that I would continue to do after while there were things were going on that wasn't very professional really just turned me off doing housekeeping period and that's why I didn't like working there anymore.
Pros
eating lunch
Cons
short breaks
Competitive and rewarding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 25, 2017
I enjoy the versatile day and help shaping a some of the employees to be a better person in the work place. The rooms are nice and spacious. The staff is like family and enjoy working with each other.